Apostle says it's okay to support gay marriage

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Re: Apostle says it's okay to support gay marriage

Post by marc »

Elizabeth wrote:That was not "hijacking".
Semantics. The picture speaks for itself.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

The distinction is obvious and only a fool would argue otherwise.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Elizabeth wrote:The distinction is obvious and only a fool would argue otherwise.
Oh, wait. So if I argue with you, then I'm a fool (and obviously wrong since you're right). I better not argue because I don't want to be a fool (never mind that the coincidental temple celebration was June 6, during the Utah LGBT Pride Festival between June 4 and June 7). :-s

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

Sirocco wrote:So who's dreams, like mean things and who's don't?
I have lots of dreams.
I guess it depends. Sometimes random people share a dream and everyone goes for it. Sometimes people have near-death experiences (or say they did) and people go for it. If some past LDS Church leader had a dream (or was supposed to have had one), even more people go for it.

In my experience, some dreams come from God and some are just processing life or trying to solve problems. Some dreams seem to come from devils, too. As far as your own dreams go, you have to learn by your own experience which ones are dreams that mean something. You are smart enough to figure it out, I'm sure.

Also, our subconscious minds are really smart. I think a lot of things come from there that would be good to pay attention to.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

marc wrote:First the New Era magazine, now this. Two coincidences? I need to look up the word coincidence in the dictionary again.
That is really, really weird. It does appear that something has been orchestrated, if only to show that "we are not bad guys who judge you."

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

marc wrote:
Elizabeth wrote:The distinction is obvious and only a fool would argue otherwise.
Oh, wait. So if I argue with you, then I'm a fool (and obviously wrong since you're right). I better not argue because I don't want to be a fool (never mind that the coincidental temple celebration was June 6, during the Utah LGBT Pride Festival between June 4 and June 7). :-s
That's the way it is, coach. There are people on here who are 100% infallibly right in every word they type, with every thought they express. We really ought to be reverent and in awe of such holy people who are full of such incredible omniscience.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

So what the smart alecs of this thread are wanting to inform the world is that the education flagship of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is in fact pro- sodomy / homosexuality. And that the LDS God we worship has shown His rainbow in support of homosexuality. As this is a pro LDS Forum such personal opinions are not in keeping with this Forum.

BurningSword
captain of 100

Post by BurningSword »

Let ye know that to God homosexuality is a abomination, for such desires cometh through the corruption of nature in which the fallen are responsible even so the ideas are manifest in hades and brought forth to the children of men; working as a fish hook to ensnare. Therefore support not such things but speak in kindness repentance to the lost, but let them have the freedom to choose as they will but give testimony unto them that it is a sin and God rebukes it.

Know that the homosexual situation of this world is a sign of ending, for it is said as days of Sodom and Gomorrah shall it be even so the days of Noah. As such consequences cometh upon all people for Satan gains more power to act as mankind becomes more and more ungodly. I have said in another thread that apostles can error even prophets, always discern through the spirit of truth that ye be right in God.

BurningSword
captain of 100

Post by BurningSword »

Lizzy60 wrote:He also says that their thinking on homosexuality is "evolving." I recall hearing that from someone else.......regarding gay marriage.

IF the Apostles have personal and direct contact with God, why does their thinking have to evolve? Why doesn't He just tell them what His thinking is, and that will be that?
They don't or would have said many more things to members of the church about this world, they are too focused on peoples personal happiness in this life that is not what life is about, but as I said before they can receive inspiration but anyone can. But Devil can also inspire as well. This is why all members must discern through the spirit of truth for themselves, for the church was known to God to be corrupted and need restoration in the Millennial. The chastisement aloud to come upon the saints is for their own good and it is in scripture also and even Joseph smith hinted at the corruption that Zion could experience.

7And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. 8And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. 9If any man have an ear, let him hear. 10He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

Know that this scripture is talking about LDS included, I have said on another thread that if you ever take life of another knowingly even if in service of military, police or any other form, you will indeed go into hades and make payment for your sins, even so at risk of Lake of fire. The saints will be upon the earth during the reign of Antichrist and will see things they never even thought possible it will be biggest test of their faith many things to occur will contradict what they believed, even so Antichrist will have power greater than mankind has imagined in supernatural movies and some will believe he is God and swear allegiance to him renouncing the true God Jesus Christ. May you all endure in faith and learn now how to discern through the spirit of truth that ye fall not in the time of darkness, but have oil in your lamps to arrive to the wedding chapel.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Re:

Post by marc »

Elizabeth wrote:So what the smart alecs of this thread are wanting to inform the world is that the education flagship of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is in fact pro- sodomy / homosexuality. And that the LDS God we worship has shown His rainbow in support of homosexuality. As this is a pro LDS Forum such personal opinions are not in keeping with this Forum.
No, that is not what anybody said, but rather, your interpretation, but if even you can see, then maybe the coincidence is that obvious. You see, you are supplying your own interpretation for the picture I posted: a picture of 13,000 youth dressed in rainbow colors, celebrating a new temple during Pride Week. We already know the "church's" official position. But the not so subtle irony is not lost on the world or on discerning minds. Like I keep saying: "coincidence." But relax; the topic, after all, is about an apostle giving the church permission to support LGBT people on social media. Now if youth wore the colors of the rainbow in this same fashion at EVERY celebration and have done so at EVERY celebration, then it would not be a coincidence. It would be a standard tradition characteristic of every previous and future temple opening.

co·in·ci·dence
kōˈinsədəns/Submit
noun
a remarkable concurrence of events or circumstances without apparent causal connection.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Marc, look at the pic Ajax posted. So now every time you see a rainbow do you assume God now supports homosexuality? Or is it just God who can use colors without the accusations??

My 7 and 5 yr old boys had the sidewalk chalk out a few weeks ago and were drawing rainbows all over my driveway. You'd probably incorrectly accuse them of supporting the gay movement, too.

That BYU thing was probably planned months ago.

Let's not get too crazy here.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

A Random Phrase wrote:
marc wrote:
That's the way it is, coach. There are people on here who are 100% infallibly right in every word they type, with every thought they express. We really ought to be reverent and in awe of such holy people who are full of such incredible omniscience.

Some people just act way more important then they actually are.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Shadow, I simply made an observation about a "coincidence." I'm over it.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

Sirocco wrote:Some people just act way more important then they actually are.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

Re:

A child of God with tender feelings didn't like the correction that would have made her accusations accurate, so the beloved child's post has been removed from this post.
The correction wrote:Some people on this thread are wondering what's up with a Church magazine and a youth celebration at a temple both showing the colors of the rainbow, when that is known to be a gay pride symbol.
Personally, I think the magazine cover is a) beautiful and b) coincidence. The celebration may not be, but if it was on purpose, I think the intention is to say, "We don't hate you guys."

Besides that, this is only the internet and a bunch of opinions of people you probably don't know and wouldn't recognize if you saw them on the street.

And
I don't care if both items were on purpose. In my book, that doesn't mean the Church approves of sodomy.
Last edited by A Random Phrase on July 17th, 2015, 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Do not bother, nor presume you have any right to do so. I am more than fed up with your continual smart alec personal attacks! Changing my words to your own and posting under my name is a new low even for you !!!!!!
A Random Phrase wrote: Let me fix that for you, luv.

jbalm
The Third Comforter

Re:

Post by jbalm »

Elizabeth wrote:Do not bother, nor presume you have any right to do so. I am more than fed up with your continual smart alec personal attacks! Changing my words to your own and posting under my name is a new low even for you !!!!!!
I bet you're real fun at parties.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Typical.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

Re:

Elizabeth wrote:Do not bother, nor presume you have any right to do so. I am more than fed up with your continual smart alec personal attacks! Changing my words to your own and posting under my name is a new low even for you !!!!!!
:))

Oh, you dear sweetheart, I have never in my life attacked you. I have warned you about karma, and that's as far as it has gotten. I will edit my post since you just split a gasket about it.

and, btw, a "low" would be not telling you the new words were mine Image

What I see is a vengeful attitude projected onto others. I feel sorry for you.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

Let me share a video.

Warning: It has the f bomb in it several times, but it shows exactly how the written word is interpreted according to our own anger or pleasantness.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

I LOVE this meme:
When someone tries to hurt your feelings.jpg
When someone tries to hurt your feelings.jpg (46.7 KiB) Viewed 1786 times

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

Re:

Elizabeth wrote:posting under my name is a new low even for you !!!!!!
I can't post under your name. You didn't give me your password. :p

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Hypocrite.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Re:

Post by marc »

Elizabeth wrote:Hypocrite.
Much anger I sense in you. Anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering....

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

Re:

Elizabeth wrote:Hypocrite.
Hey, my ex called me that all the time! Want to know what my crime was? Committing adultery when he and I had been divorced for years and I didn't even have a boyfriend (or, for purposes of this thread, a girlfriend, either). So, yeah, that label and attack is like (see meme above).

:ymhug: You're great. Keep it coming. I love it.

(Letting go of hostility and anger would be better for your soul, though - or, maybe, lighten up and stop taking yourself so seriously that you can't even see what other posters are really saying.)