Ordain women poll

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.

Should women be ordained?

Yes
14%
No
86%

Total votes: 83
FSM
captain of 100

Ordain women poll

Post by FSM »

Should women ordained? What do you think?

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Re: Ordain women poll

Post by A Random Phrase »

I don't think women need to be.

I have pretty heretical views of how Jesus' church should be - like very little formal anything. We should meet in houses and parks and such. Both men and women should be free to give blessings of healing and comfort to their family members and friends (I understand that women could do this in Joseph Smith's time).

And the way the LDS Church is currently organized, I don't think that women need to be burdened with the hassles of being bishops, stake presidents, and so forth - not with all the time away from family those callings entail, not if the women have children who are still young.

However, I do think that the Relief Society ought to return to the control of the women. Men should stay out of it completely. Correlation should stay out of it completely. It should be totally and completely women-run. Right now, it is totally and completely under the jurisdiction of the men. It ceased being a real women-run organization back when I was a child.

FSM
captain of 100

Post by FSM »

One day when it does happen my descents will search my user name and find this topic and find that im cool with it. Then that may ask who intact was closer to the will of god.
hello descendents, its me FSM we did it. Love you guys.
-John

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Dream on :D

jbalm
The Third Comforter

Post by jbalm »

FSM wrote:One day when it does happen my descents will search my user name and find this topic and find that im cool with it. Then that may ask who intact was closer to the will of god.
-John
:))

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

If these women got what they wanted as soon as they got it they would no longer want it.

It would not make them happy. It can't. Happiness dose not come from a price of paper or any other outside source. It comes from within ever individual.

FSM
captain of 100

Post by FSM »

Muerte Rosa wrote:
FSM wrote:One day when it does happen my descents will search my user name and find this topic and find that im cool with it. Then that may ask who intact was closer to the will of god.
-John
Alrighty then. What's the point what difference would it make?
it made a big difference to black people in the 70s.

FSM
captain of 100

Post by FSM »

We must ask ourselves how much equally and basic human rights mean to us?

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

FSM,
God/Nature did not create us exactly the same. Men and women are anatomically and endocrine/emotionally different. Neither better nor worse but each has different roles in furthering the species as well as how they love/heal/bless. Is it unjust that God denies men the ability to have children? No, because what God sees as right are not the same as "human rights."

I actually agree with RandomPhrase, though winter often necessitates indoor meetings. Imo, an organization has as much power one thinks they do. And ultimately, God is the source of all power and "God is no respector of persons." However, each has unique gifts, even according to gender. By nature, women have a motherly instinct - with kids or without - they have "womens' intuition" without the need for formal ceremonial ordaining. I see the "need" to be ordained be an organization as more ego (carnal nature) based. I also believe that we all can be as Christ - healers, but only when we're in tune with God's will and develop understanding of spiritual and metaphysical energies.

braingrunt
captain of 1,000

Post by braingrunt »

FSM, make it happen now. Create your own lds breakoff and enjoy!

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

FSM wrote:We must ask ourselves how much equally and basic human rights mean to us?
What basic human rights are being denied?

In the pursuit of equality the family has been left behind. Women have their Devine role which is to raise children be mothers wife's teachers. Men can not do what women do in that role. Women can not do what men do.

We are diffrent. And no amount of equality will make men and women the same.

Our brains function diffrently. Our body's function differently.

We are not equal. Women are better then men in sooooo many things. And men are better then women in many things.

It's when men and woman join as one that we are equal. Yet in marriage we still have our Devine roles.

jbalm
The Third Comforter

Post by jbalm »

Muerte Rosa wrote:Who gives us the priesthood?
Who is this "us" you speak of, sammich wench?

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Ordained to what?

Priesthood? (Aaronic, Melch)
or
Church office? (Deacon, Teacher, Priest etc)

Ezra wrote:We are diffrent. And no amount of equality will make men and women the same.

We are not equal. Women are better then men in sooooo many things. And men are better then women in many things.
Yes, boys are sooo much better at passing trays. I've witnessed it.

Over the years, I've had much better women bosses than male bosses. I'm sure they can handle the job description, whatever it may be.

AlbertaBronco
captain of 100

Post by AlbertaBronco »

This is a stupid poll ... Nothing will come it and is not our place to question the Lord regarding his priesthood. When official declaration#2 came out it was not because of political pressure our polls but rather revelation. This topic needs to rest.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

I remember the story of Jane Elizabeth Manning, who was black, joined the church and walked many miles to Nauvoo. There, Joseph Smith hired her to work in his home.

She was not able to receive temple endowments, as she was African-American, but she was treated very kindly and walked across the plains to SLC. She kept asking church presidents if it was time yet for the blacks to receive the priesthood - and for women, to get their temple endowments.

She was told "Not yet".

The story is related by Susan Easton Black (who married George Durrant after Bro. Black passed away). In 1978, when Pres Kimball made the announcement for the blacks, that the time had come, then Susan went to the temple and did the work for Jane Manning! She told me, "it was a wonderful day at the temple!"

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

ajax wrote:Ordained to what?

Priesthood? (Aaronic, Melch)
or
Church office? (Deacon, Teacher, Priest etc)

Ezra wrote:We are diffrent. And no amount of equality will make men and women the same.

Yes, boys are sooo much better at passing trays. I've witnessed it.

Over the years, I've had much better women bosses than male bosses. I'm sure they can handle the job description, whatever it may be.
That's great.

But it's not about handling it.

I know from exspence that women can out backpack a man. The girls groups I worked with in the wilderness proved this time and time again.

They can handle it sure. I would love it if my wife worked all day and I got to stay home and play. Oh wait I do anyways cuz I'm retired. But I know my family would suffer.

The reversal of roles in society has been trashing the family. It's part of satans plans.

Ruby
captain of 100

Post by Ruby »

AlbertaBronco wrote:This is a stupid poll ... Nothing will come it and is not our place to question the Lord regarding his priesthood. When official declaration#2 came out it was not because of political pressure our polls but rather revelation. This topic needs to rest.
If you're interesting in reading more about Spencer W. Kimball's revelation, here is a link to a free e-book written by his son. The part that might interest you is on about page 55. You won't find an actual revelation, instead President Kimball made a prayerful decision and asked for the Lord's confirmation.

https://byustudies.byu.edu/showtitle.aspx?title=7885

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

I agree, Ezra.
As I mentioned, women have spiritual gifts of intuition and love without ordination.
However, with extreme feminism, I see too many women throwing that away because society tells them lies like they're only of value if people say they are through career advancement or "ordination" etc.
Meanwhile, they abandon their own children either in day-orphanages (day care) or even worse have them torturously killed by abortion.
Feminism seems to be mostly driven by narcissism - which is counter to the spiritual power granted to women by God.
And BTW - Amen/Goodbye to the priesthood of any man who uses it unrighteously too.

FSM
captain of 100

Post by FSM »

BroJones wrote:I remember the story of Jane Elizabeth Manning, who was black, joined the church and walked many miles to Nauvoo. There, Joseph Smith hired her to work in his home.

She was not able to receive temple endowments, as she was African-American, but she was treated very kindly and walked across the plains to SLC. She kept asking church presidents if it was time yet for the blacks to receive the priesthood - and for women, to get their temple endowments.

She was told "Not yet".

The story is related by Susan Easton Black (who married George Durrant after Bro. Black passed away). In 1978, when Pres Kimball made the announcement for the blacks, that the time had come, then Susan went to the temple and did the work for Jane Manning! She told me, "it was a wonderful day at the temple!"
That was a truly heart warming and nice story. I have not heard it yet. I will have to google the story soon. Thank you for pointing it out.

FSM
captain of 100

Post by FSM »

jbalm wrote:
Muerte Rosa wrote:Who gives us the priesthood?
Who is this "us" you speak of, sammich wench?
jbalm
I appreciate you very much. Thank you so much for your input. Lets all remember were children of god. And I truly love everyone that's has joined in our discussion.
Thank you
peace,
FSM

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

-John
Cool. B-)

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

AlbertaBronco wrote:This is a stupid poll ... Nothing will come it and is not our place to question the Lord regarding his priesthood. When official declaration#2 came out it was not because of political pressure our polls but rather revelation. This topic needs to rest.
LIghten up. :D I'm sure God can handle people questioning things. In fact, I think He would prefer that people question rather than dutifully follow, like mindless zombies.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Ruby wrote:
If you're interesting in reading more about Spencer W. Kimball's revelation, here is a link to a free e-book written by his son. The part that might interest you is on about page 55. You won't find an actual revelation, instead President Kimball made a prayerful decision and asked for the Lord's confirmation.

https://byustudies.byu.edu/showtitle.aspx?title=7885
"This webpage is not available."

:(

FSM
captain of 100

Post by FSM »

Muerte Rosa wrote:
FSM wrote:We must ask ourselves how much equally and basic human rights mean to us?
You must ask yourself what the difference between a human right and a God given privilege is. Holding the priesthood is not a human right.
Human rights are rights inherent to all human beings, whatever our nationality, place of residence, sex, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, language, or any other status. We are all equally entitled to our human rights without discrimination. These rights are all interrelated, interdependent and indivisible.
Who gives us human rights? Humans. Who gives us the priesthood? God. Do you see the difference?
interesting thought. I promise to give it some thought. Thank you for posting your thoughts.

FSM
captain of 100

Post by FSM »

A Random Phrase wrote:
LIghten up. :D I'm sure God can handle people questioning things. In fact, I think He would prefer that people question rather than dutifully follow, like mindless zombies.
I have learned quite a bit from this poll it has truly benefited me. Thank you for being kind. BTW was a zombie last Halloween.