Book of Mormon Heartland Model

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Re: Book of Mormon Heartland Model

Post by marc »

I'm just having fun. ;)

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

marc wrote:I'm just having fun. ;)
So where you quote L. Tom Perry, you weren't looking at his statement as black and white?

If so, fair enough. I guess I should thank you anyway for setting up my reply about the people Columbus actually came to: Carib Indians I guess you could call them, as well as many native groups in Meso America. I think he encountered native groups in the islands just off present-day Venezuela when he was skirting South America.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

No, I wasn't. Personally speaking, and after having read various volumes, scripture, etc, I consider the Americas from pole to pole to be the promised land and where New Jerusalem will fill its entirety. Likewise, the "eastern continent" as Joseph Smith described, Will be the Zion of Judah. It is the Jerusalem of old.

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

kathedralegs wrote:
coachmarc wrote:I think too much emphasis has been placed on Meso America because of the awe inspiring structures. That outward appearance of intelligence manifested in architectures of wonder draws us to believe that none other than the highly industrious Nephites could have built such things. Mounting evidence from Georgia to Tennessee to the Great Lakes seems to prove otherwise.

They were not savages. This one is different, but worth watching.

Thank you so much coachmarc. This was beautiful!! I have been led to study about the Native Americans and found so much truth there. I have developed a deep love and respect for these people. The thought that there are those of us who might regard them in any unfavorable way breaks my heart. Have you read the books about Fools Crow?
kind of reminds sushi_ that they/native americans are the hope for the redemption of zion, redemption of whole americas so on....

"2 Saying: I, the Lord, will make known unto you what I will that ye shall do from this time until the next conference, which shall be held in Missouri, upon the land which I will consecrate unto my people, which are a remnant of Jacob, and those who are heirs according to the covenant.
" (d&c 52)

thinks that kind of video/studies about "being heard" so on should have been presented decades decades ago from the pulpit or in the church textbooks so on....why haven't there been such?? perhaps because of that, they are the only true hope for the redemption of zion??!! gentiles and zion do not go hand in hand??!!

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

BUMP!

For davedan, larsenb, and Davka.

Davka
captain of 1,000

Post by Davka »

marc wrote: December 12th, 2018, 4:54 pm BUMP!

For davedan, larsenb, and Davka.
Much as gracias, marc. Sorry for hijacking your other thread ;)

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

I subscribe to the heartland model as well. A few weeks back my brother hosted a Rod Meldrum event at his house. The person in charge of filling the seats either didn't get the word out or the neighborhood gate dissuaded attendees. In any case, there was about a half dozen in the audience including me and my wife which led to a nice intimate discussion of the heartland model. He lays out a great case.

Also, Brother Meldrum had a great presentation on 9/11 and how the mayor (and someone else I can't recall) quoted Isaiah, apparently not realizing Isaiah 9:10 wasn't really a good scripture to quote:

Isaiah 9:9 And all the people shall know, even Ephraim and the inhabitant of Samaria, that say in the pride and stoutness of heart,
10 The bricks are fallen down, but we will build with hewn stones: the sycomores are cut down, but we will change them into cedars.

Apparently there was a hewn stone they called a "hewn stone" to commemorate "Freedom" and sycamores shielded a nearby church where George Washington placed his hand on the Bible and swore a covenant to the Lord as our first President. The sycamore trees were replaced by cedar. The hewn stone was immediately cracked, and the cedar tree(s) died. I may be getting some of this wrong, but it was super interesting. The core of Rod Meldrum's message was that the covenant lands of USA and Israel experience a sequence of withdrawal from the Lord when the inhabitants are wicked.

Prosperity
Posterity
Protection

I think there was a 4th P. Maybe it'll come back to me. I emailed brother Meldrum, letting him know how interesting it is to me that these verses follow Isaiah 9:6-7 which are about the throne of David being established. No response yet from Brother Meldrum lol =\

I'm horrible at derailing threads. This is about the heartland model. OK so, circling back to the heartland - Missouri contains the centerpoint, and is where the Garden of Eden was. Of course the Book of Mormon took place here. The United States of America (give or take) IS the promised land of Ephraim (see Isaiah 9:9 above.) We know by the Book of Mormon that our founders were inspired, sent by God and our founding document is sacred. Of course Ephraim has come to the land where a branch of Manasseh dwells - the sons of Joseph reunited in the second (or first if we're looking at this from both a hierarchy and a chronological standpoint) promised land.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

marc wrote: December 12th, 2018, 5:30 pm Alaris: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=30453&p=430422&hil ... ne#p430422
Wow - yeah apparently the first iteration of that "hewn stone" cracked the next day iirc.

ElizaRSkousen
captain of 100

Post by ElizaRSkousen »

Just commenting to say that we are also heartlanders :) we went to a firm conference a few years ago and enjoyed it.

I’ve been watching some very interesting hopewell videos lately.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RYEh12EEr4c

This archeologist says this site was enclosed by posts and looks like it was burned... sound familiar? ;)

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

marc wrote: March 10th, 2019, 2:00 pm
For anyone interested, here is my take on these earthworks and the possibility that they represent a 9 lamp menorah: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=50941&p=918516#p918504 .