Anti-LDS Freedom Forum

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Watcher
captain of 50

Anti-LDS Freedom Forum

Post by Watcher »

At least 50% of the posters on this site are anti-mormon. They may not be handing out flyers in Temple Square during conference, but they are actively doing all they can to convince others that the church has gone astray - that the mantle has been lost.

It is NOT faith-promoting to visit this site, not in the least. Nor does it generate political or prophetic dialogue within the context of LDS doctrines.

waking
captain of 100

Re: Anti-LDS Freedom Forum

Post by waking »

Maybe, but you have the Freedom to stay or go on this site. :D

Edited to add, I do disagree with your position. I learned a great deal about our freedoms/rights from this forum. It prompted me to study things out for myself and exposed the main stream media for the liars and propagandists they are.
Last edited by waking on October 7th, 2014, 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

"The light shines in darkness and the darkness comprehends it not, because in the
darkness there are things that are forgotten, but in the light there are things that are exposed and
seen.
Light and Truth; because you see things as they really are, because you judge things as
they really are
, not after the manner of men, but according to the light God shines upon it."

“When things that are of the greatest importance are passed over by weak-minded men without even a thought, "I want to see truth in all its bearings and hug it to my bosom.."

Hogmeister
captain of 100

Post by Hogmeister »

Watcher wrote:At least 50% of the posters on this site are anti-mormon. They may not be handing out flyers in Temple Square during conference, but they are actively doing all they can to convince others that the church has gone astray - that the mantle has been lost.

It is NOT faith-promoting to visit this site, not in the least. Nor does it generate political or prophetic dialogue within the context of LDS doctrines.
I agree. Its just another sign of the times. I will probably leave soon. My work here is finished. I've already sucked the site dry of what I came for (inspiration). Some great threads if you go back awhile but only empty fake calories these days.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

Was this thread meant to edify?

clarkkent14
LBFOJ

Post by clarkkent14 »

Take it how you want. Some come out of it stronger like Reggie :)
Reggie wrote:I want to thank all of the Contrarians, Apostates, & others - I had a wake up call yesterday. I feed the missionaries on Thursdays. When I had not answered their text, 30 minutes before their usual time, they called me. I had totally forgotten them. I had either been on this forum; thinking about the forum; or reading related scriptures until the whole day had passed.

I want to thank the Contrarians, et. al. for everything you have taught me. When I came here, I did not know just how much, "Things are not well in Zion". I had no idea of a 2nd comforter or how to seek Him. I had no idea what was going on out west in the tower. Your ideas have made me cry, fast, pray, pray some more, search the scriptures, go to the temple, buy books like Lectures on Faith, Teachings of Joseph Smith, Discourses of Brigham Young, etc. etc. I have been through brother Gileadi's website on Isaiah, blogs I never knew existed, You Tube videos I never knew existed. It has just been like going to school. :-B

But especially, discussing things with the Contrarians has helped me like nothing else. It has made my testimony stronger. Soooo much stronger, because of all the foregoing activities in seeking God's will for me. I think perhaps in some small way it was God preparing me for persecutions. Better to face these things from within first before they start hitting me with it from the outside. I suppose there is much worse revelations to come about our state of affairs in the world. But, I know in whom I have trusted and it is not the arm of flesh.

I joined the forum September 2, 2013. In a year, coming to the forum has become almost an obsession. I've got to take a sabbatical. I've got to get back being focused on the work. I will still be reading, praying, searching, templing, etc.; but, I've got to get this obsession under control. I hope when I return, my little Contrarians will still be here. I hope the TBM will still be here too. Because together, for those with hearts willing to learn and follow the Spirit where it leads we are the KINGDOM -all of us. :ymcowboy:

Love you guys. Hope to back when I feel I'm more in control and won't spend a whole day here.

jockeybox
captain of 100

Post by jockeybox »

Watcher wrote:At least 50% of the posters on this site are anti-mormon. They may not be handing out flyers in Temple Square during conference, but they are actively doing all they can to convince others that the church has gone astray - that the mantle has been lost.

Well, at least your aren't generalizing or lumping everyone together.
So, how do you define faith promoting?

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Watcher wrote:At least 50% of the posters on this site are anti-mormon. I love Mormon, and his son Moroni to boot. They may not be handing out flyers in Temple Square during conference, I'll bet you most of those persons no longer believe in the BoM or the mission of JS. Not the case here. but they are actively doing all they can to convince others that the church has gone astray - that the mantle has been lost. Maybe they are just trying to present their view in the context faith and the scriptures according to their own understanding. Persuade otherwise, let truth cut its own way.

It is NOT faith-promoting to visit this site, not in the least. Truth, however uncomfortable, is liberating. Nor does it generate political or prophetic dialogue within the context of LDS doctrines. I didn't know the website was supposed to generate such dialogue. I thought persons within the site do that. So fire away Watcher, start a thread.

Cowboy
captain of 100

Post by Cowboy »

I agree. I have complained in private at times to Brian and complained on different threads and all I got was a warning that I am on thin Ice.
I've been on a long time and seen it deteriorate rapidly after it was mentioned on the news. The number of anti-Church, anti-Leadership and anti-wealthy posts are appalling. Even the good posts are soon taken over rapidly by the anti's.
The worst example I have seen was the heartbreaking story of the sister whose marriage and family is being torn apart by her husband following an anti-group and the advice given here on the board by one of the more active posters was to " take a step back from Mormonism for a while ". Pure evil in this response.....
The new moderators are quick to dismiss the growing amount of questioning by staunch members as delusional and then the questioners are personally attacked. The change is sad as this used to really be a great resource and it was easy to become friends with most on here.
Brian, please do something besides warn the questioners and making people leave.

clarkkent14
LBFOJ

Post by clarkkent14 »

It's funny to me to see threads like this. People do not want to think for themselves. They want it laid out for them. I have learned that if your present paradigm isn't being challenged, you're not drawing closer to God. If the stuff you're reading (scriptures, books, etc..) isn't causing you to think, or repent, or make life changes, then it's all just flattery.

As HWSNBN said,"Smitten of God and afflicted, But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed." Do not think you can follow that Master and be spared His path. He will let you understand what it means to follow Him. That understanding will come through experiences to help you relate to, and understand our Lord. You will endure affliction to know Him. If you are comfortable, He will make you uncomfortable. Then come to comfort you. If you are certain, He will make you uncertain. If you think you have it all figured out, He will offer up a contradiction, and leave you to struggle. Then when you can bear the contradiction no more, in the agony and anguish of your uncertainty He will delay the answer a little further still. He will delay until your heart is finally soft enough to come to Him in meekness. Then He will speak to you the words you need to hear. Sometimes, only just in time.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

This forum is what YOU make of it. Why not be the one who inspires with new thought provoking topics rather than become another complainer? Share with us your experiences with reading the scriptures or something edifying.

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Cowboy wrote:The worst example I have seen was the heartbreaking story of the sister whose marriage and family is being torn apart by her husband following an anti-group and the advice given here on the board by one of the more active posters was to " take a step back from Mormonism for a while ". Pure evil in this response.....
:)) Here was my whole comment:
This happended a lot on my mission - Person converts to mormonism. Family is distraught and person shunned. Mormonism represented bad fruits for the family involved.

Or maybe this just proves that too many people are nutters about their particular brand of religion insofar that they lack tolerance and love even to the point of shunning those whom they supposedly love the most - all because of different beliefs.

Perhaps a little advice to the good sister above. Put your mormonism on the shelf for a bit, and put your best Christian foot forward. Love without measure. Accept and respect his agency and ideas as being just as valid as yours.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=35829&p=532054#p532092" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This was not to suggest that she leave the church and stop going. But to put her best Christian foot forward, to love without judging based on beliefs.

I followed up with this:
My spouse began to have paradigm changing thoughts years ago (non-Snuffer related, just her own spirit moving within). My heart was broken. I sooo wanted her to get back in line. My passive aggressive words and actions made her feel even worse. She felt my love was conditional. She was very hurt. I repented of that nonsense. Her thoughts, her journey IS just as valid. She was not a selfish dweeb. I controlled what happened, whether I was going to continue to be a religious nutter or simply love my spouse for the independent human she is, and not whether her ideas aligned with mine.

Of course we don't know the whole situation in the above post. Maybe the guy is being a jerk about it. Who knows. But I also know a lot of TBM Mormon jerks who ruin families as well. Jerk-ness is non-denominational.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=35829&p=532170#p532138" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In another thread I said this:
In the end, Love matters, and is the binding agent, not religious affiliation. Just love.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=35834&p=532043#p534723" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sorry if you think this advice is evil. I don't. It is advice borne of personal experience as I was in her shoes as a TBM when my wife left the church.
Last edited by ajax on October 7th, 2014, 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

He who shall be named said this-
28 ¶Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. -Christ

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

What causes the unbalance here on the forum? Those that label themselves "pro-church" tend to resort to personal attacks (in general), while those they have labeled "anti-church" tend to follow the forum rules and argue ideals instead of name calling and lumping everyone with a differing opinion about the gospel as an apostate (again, generally). A reminder before I lock this ridiculous thread:
This website exists to provide a forum for liberty-minded individuals to associate and discuss Liberty and the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. We welcome all to the LDS Freedom Forum, Latter-day Saints and non-members alike.

By participating on ldsfreedomforum.com, you agree to abide by the standards of the forum as posted here.

Remember, we rely on you to self-govern. Moderator's do not see every post. This is not a police state, we are not actively searching for problems - we rely on YOU to voice your concerns. If you have a concern about a specific thread, post, or user, please be sure to let myself and/or other moderators know by either clicking 'report post' on the post or by sending a PM to inform us (with specifics and evidence, not just generalities). If you are the one causing problems on the forum we may decide not to give any warnings at all and just ask you to leave as a consequence of your decision to make poor choices.

The forum is what you make it. Enjoy.

- - - - - - -

Some guidelines regarding how not to be the one we exile from the forum:

#1, the most important:
Be kind. No personal attacks. There is no reason to attack each other for differing beliefs, label others apostate, call to repentance, etc.

- No personal attacks or threats. No defamation of character, libel, slander, etc. No evil speaking of the "Lord's Anointed". If you cannot backup a claim made about another person your post may be deleted. (i.e. If you disagree with someone, "'attack' the message, not the messenger").

- No Trolling, flaming, spamming, baiting.

- No profanity. No inappropriate sexual content.

- Discussion of almost all topics is welcome, but promoting ideas and doctrine that are apostate and contrary to the Gospel of Jesus Christ will not be allowed.

- These forums will not be used for personal advancement of any form, except in accordance with the purpose of this website and forum. (If you choose to continually focus on any specific topic we may ask that your discussion of that topic be limited to a single thread/topic on the forum.)

- Do not post any copyrighted material without permission. The proper way to share news articles, and other copyrighted material, is to post only an excerpt of the material and then link to the original source.

See next post for further explanation of some of these points...

- - - - - - -

The Forum Administrator and/or Moderators may warn and/or banish users who demonstrate that they are unwilling or unable to maintain the standards of the forum. The Forum Administrator reserves the right to ban anyone from the forum for any reason.

If you disagree with the actions of a Moderator or the Forum Administrator you may address your concerns privately by contacting the Forum Administrator - making such concerns public may result in warning or banishment.

- - - - - - -

Occasionally there are forum members that, for whatever reasons, want their account deleted/deactivated and/or all of their posts deleted. I do not do this, so please don't ask. If you no longer want to participate on LDSFF simply stop visiting the website and stop posting, use your own agency and freedom to refrain from visiting the forum rather than asking me to delete your account or posts.

- - - - - - -

People that live in Colorado are exempted from all of the above rules and cannot be banned from the forum.

- - - - - - -

Brian M.
LDS Freedom Forum Administrator.

(last modified 2013 June 27)
I want to commend posters like Dr. Jones, who defend the church valiantly without resorting to petty immature attacks. May we all fllow their good example.