Go Sign Up (it doesn't hurt)

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
wompus
captain of 100

Re: Go Sign Up (it doesn't hurt)

Post by wompus »

So how many signatures do you need before you can succeed from the Union? (I meant, 'corporation')

Jeremy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jeremy »

wompus wrote:So how many signatures do you need before you can succeed from the Union?
Apparently once the voice of the people choose wickedness, the inheritance is offered to another. Interestingly enough I believe this is also done by a "sustaining".

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

wompus wrote:So how many signatures do you need before you can succeed from the Union? (I meant, 'corporation')
no idea. I guess all of them. :)

and I'm not talking about seceding. I just want transparency and accountability. accountability is not a bad thing. it's not a one way street. the leaders want us to be accountable to the Corp at tithing settlement, I want them to be accountable to the membership at least once a year.
Last edited by Obrien on September 16th, 2014, 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

wompus wrote:So how many signatures do you need before you can succeed from the Union? (I meant, 'corporation')
I also think you mean "secede". I'm from TX, so I know about the concept.

secede
[si-seed]

verb (used without object), seceded, seceding.
to withdraw formally from an alliance, federation, or association, as from a political union, a religious organization, etc.

Cookies
captain of 100

Post by Cookies »

I would LOVE to hear a direct response from the First Presidency addressing this petition.

Signed

Jeremy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jeremy »

Cookies wrote:I would LOVE to hear a direct response from the First Presidency addressing this petition.
They already have.
The Lord will never permit me or any other man who stands as President of this Church to lead you astray. It is not in the programme. It is not in the mind of God.
This quote practically proves a prophet said this. I mean...seriously, he must have received a revelation about this very petition. Wow. Marvelous.

However, I suggest the quote be revised. I propose it be changed to:
Oops. My bad.
:-? How do I start this petition?

Cookies
captain of 100

Post by Cookies »

Jeremy wrote: However, I suggest the quote be revised. I propose it be changed to:
Oops. My bad.
I second the motion to revise said quote. :-BD

durangout
captain of 1,000

Post by durangout »

2 SAM 6

1 Again, David gathered together all the chosen men of Israel, thirty thousand.

2 And David arose, and went with all the people that were with him from Baale of Judah, to bring up from thence the ark of God, whose name is called by the name of the Lord of hosts that dwelleth between the cherubims.

3 And they set the ark of God upon a new cart, and brought it out of the house of Abinadab that was in Gibeah: and Uzzah and Ahio, the sons of Abinadab, drave the new cart.

4 And they brought it out of the house of Abinadab which was at Gibeah, accompanying the ark of God: and Ahio went before the ark.

5 And David and all the house of Israel played before the Lord on all manner of instruments made of fir wood, even on harps, and on psalteries, and on timbrels, and on cornets, and on cymbals.

6 ¶And when they came to Nachon’s threshingfloor, Uzzah put forth his hand to the ark of God, and took hold of it; for the oxen shook it.

7 And the anger of the Lord was kindled against Uzzah; and God smote him there for his error; and there he died by the ark of God.

I wonder...does this apply to us today?

Epistemology
captain of 100

Post by Epistemology »

Obrien wrote:
Epistemology wrote:
You forgot the "B"
omitted, rather than forgot. that would have to be a separate thread topic. something like " Why Obrien Omits the B". that could be fun, too.

did you sign the petition?
Ya I know your stance on middle initials that's why I pointed it out in jest

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

that's why I didn't let it bait me into a flame out on idol worship of PSRs.

like I said yesterday in s post, this petition should not be terribly controversial, unless you're wompus. I just don't engage him, since he broke our deal.

Epist E. Mology, did you sign the petition yet?

wompus
captain of 100

Post by wompus »

Grumpy cat... do you want to follow Obrien and sign his petition?

wompus
captain of 100

Post by wompus »

Grumpy cat... do you believe its a good idea to let Obrien into the church's financial's?

wompus
captain of 100

Post by wompus »

I think Grumpy cat has a strong testimony!

Steve Clark
captain of 1,000

Post by Steve Clark »

Grumpy Cat, are you a reliable source for deciding church policy?

Well, I tried.
Last edited by Steve Clark on September 16th, 2014, 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

wompus wrote:I think Grumpy cat has a strong testimony!
A testimony is knowledge. I think grumpy cat has an opinion.

wompus
captain of 100

Post by wompus »

Jules wrote:
wompus wrote:I think Grumpy cat has a strong testimony!
A testimony is knowledge. I think grumpy cat has an opinion.
Jules you're back.... so you don't QUITE hate me...

Grumpy Cat sure brings people together!

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

I think grumpy cat is the brains of the operation over at wompus inc.

Reggie
captain of 100

Post by Reggie »

Obrien wrote:
Cute!

And no I haven't signed it yet. I'm still puzzling over what I will say if I'm called to give account of myself. A cat has nine lives and I've already used up 8 of mine with rebeliousness. I'm stepping lightly these days with anything that looks like the "R" word. :-$ :-ss

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

I don't question The Lord. He has not given me any reason to question the church leaders in any areas other than I have already expressed. If I mismanage my money, I am accountable. If someone else mismanages The Lord's money, they are responsible. To those who feel the need to put on airs and sit in judgment of those called by prophecy and ordained by the priesthood, may you find the answers you seek without falling too deep into the well of criticism.

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

Reggie - is the R word "responsibility"?
Last edited by Obrien on September 16th, 2014, 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elias Returns
captain of 100

Post by Elias Returns »

I signed up.

jbalm
The Third Comforter

Post by jbalm »

Reggie wrote:
Obrien wrote:
Cute!

And no I haven't signed it yet. I'm still puzzling over what I will say if I'm called to give account of myself. A cat has nine lives and I've already used up 8 of mine with rebeliousness. I'm stepping lightly these days with anything that looks like the "R" word. :-$ :-ss
That's sad.

I mean, I completely understand why you feel the way you do. I have some of the same reservations.

It's just sad that we have to feel that way (or anyone else, for that matter).

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

that's kind of what I was alluding to in the OP. is a fear based relationship a Christ like relationship?

jbalm
The Third Comforter

Post by jbalm »

No.

Reggie
captain of 100

Post by Reggie »

Wompus, will you please just be still!!!. Your avatars are getting on my nerves. I used to have Felix the cat walking back and forth thinking. Now, I know why it was so disturbing, even to me. You've taken it to a whole 'nuther level. Now, just sit down and be still so I can think about what you're trying to say better. :p :O3

Obrien, how well I know. I've already been x'd for taking Responsibility for Rebeliousness. Furthermore than that, I've lived 10 years in a living hell for not following the prophet. If I had done what I had been told to do, I wouldn't have had to go through that. So, I'm a little cautious when it comes to critique of the brethren in any form. I definitly don't think they are perfect. I just think they will answer to a higher power than me over all of their sins, which may be many and grievous at this point. I think there is some scripture somewhere about trying to direct someone that is higher up the totem pole than you. I'm trying to find that as part of my pondering.