Spencer's Car

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Spencer's Car

Post by iWriteStuff »

For those of you who have read Visions of Glory, you'll know what I'm talking about. For those that haven't, you should probably go pick up a copy.

Spencer, in Visions of Glory, said the earthquake in SLC that started the "beginning of the calamities" occurred as he was leaving the Church Office Building. He was in the parking garage (lot?) and saw the car he owned, which he remembered, and then he was forced to basically run for his life as the ground started to shake, water gushed up from below, and basically all hell broke loose.

Spencer said he did not own that car at the time of the writing of the book, which I believe was 2011. However, I think someone mentioned on one of these threads that they had heard that Spencer now owns the car that he saw in vision when things start to fall apart.

Does anyone know if that's true or how it is known?

Elias Returns
captain of 100

Re: Spencer's Car

Post by Elias Returns »

Yes, it is true. I know "Spencer" personally. The car was assigned to him from the Church motor pool this time last year, as well as the specific parking space in the parking garage.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

sen6b wrote:I know Julie Rowe said something pretty much identical to that.
Quite right! I'm very familiar with Sis. Rowe's statement, but I know "Spencer" made a similar one.... Just wondering if anyone knew anything more about this.

Definitely living in exciting times!

waking
captain of 100

Post by waking »

Oh good! I can no longer afford my mortgage, just in time....sarcasm off.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Elias Returns wrote:Yes, it is true. I know "Spencer" personally. The car was assigned to him from the Church motor pool this time last year, as well as the specific parking space in the parking garage.
Awesome! That's what I was looking for. Any clue as to how long specific cars are assigned to individuals?

caddis
captain of 1,000

Post by caddis »

I've seen "Spencer" referenced several times on LDSFF. Who is he in a nutshell? He works for the church?

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

He died and came back to life more than once and John Pontius wrote a book about the visions he had during the time he was dead. It's called Visions of Glory.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Jezebel wrote:He died and came back to life more than once and John Pontius wrote a book about the visions he had during the time he was dead. It's called Visions of Glory.
I DEFINITELY recommend a reading of this book. Like, immediately. It contains both inspiring accounts of the Spirit World as well as a warning for things which are to come, all of which is backed by the scriptures and prophecy.

caddis
captain of 1,000

Post by caddis »

iWriteStuff wrote:
Jezebel wrote:He died and came back to life more than once and John Pontius wrote a book about the visions he had during the time he was dead. It's called Visions of Glory.
I DEFINITELY recommend a reading of this book. Like, immediately. It contains both inspiring accounts of the Spirit World as well as a warning for things which are to come, all of which is backed by the scriptures and prophecy.
Seeing how you write stuff....how about a cliff note version. :D

braingrunt
captain of 1,000

Post by braingrunt »

caddis wrote: Seeing how you write stuff....how about a cliff note version. :D
Aren't you one of those who is all about going directly to the source? Sorry if I falsely accuse you.

brianne541
captain of 100

Post by brianne541 »

Elias Returns wrote:Yes, it is true. I know "Spencer" personally. The car was assigned to him from the Church motor pool this time last year, as well as the specific parking space in the parking garage.

Interesting :)

Gosh I would love to sit down with that man and pick his brain… :D

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

sen6b wrote:
caddis wrote:I've seen "Spencer" referenced several times on LDSFF. Who is he in a nutshell? He works for the church?
You just gotta read the book...no summary will do it Justice
Yeah, I thought about writing up a lengthy summary, but honestly I think I'd probably not get it all 100% accurate, properly represent the spirit and tone of the book, and omit important details. iWriteStuff, sure, but I forget details even better. Plus I may tend to focus on one part more than another, skewing or misrepresenting the message of the book.

Suffice it to say Spencer had a very special series of experiences that we can learn from, not least of which involve interactions with beings beyond the veil and the ministration of angels. Then there is the part where he speaks about things to come. That needs to be read as it was written, as I don't think I can do it justice. The part I've mentioned, about him seeing his car and leaving the church office building as an earthquake starts to rattle SLC, is just the beginning of that section. The rest involves foreign armies invading the U.S., places of refuge, plagues, the power of the priesthood magnified, and the journey to and building of the New Jerusalem.

Seriously, pick up a copy. It's one of the best things you'll read all year.

LDSguy
captain of 100

Post by LDSguy »

iWriteStuff wrote:
And then re-read it again, and again.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

A review from LDS Magazine.

http://www.ldsmag.com/article/1/13817" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

caddis
captain of 1,000

Post by caddis »

braingrunt wrote:
Aren't you one of those who is all about going directly to the source? Sorry if I falsely accuse you.
I'm not sure how to take this. I feel there is more to your statement than what you are saying. Care to elaborate?

LDSguy
captain of 100

Post by LDSguy »

Lizzy60 wrote:A review from LDS Magazine.

http://www.ldsmag.com/article/1/13817" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I think one thing that a lot of people like about VOG an A Greater Tomorrow and other visions and dreams, is the modern day details. Whereas the scriptures allude to a gathering and are full of parallels for our day, these books and other dreams contain specific details that we can relate to in modern day America. The scriptures might say "and in the last days I will gather my people" but these visions and dreams explain HOW that will supposedly happen.

However, if someone replaces the scriptures with these books and other vision then there is a problem.

At least that is how I look at it.

caddis
captain of 1,000

Post by caddis »

iWriteStuff wrote:
sen6b wrote:
caddis wrote:I've seen "Spencer" referenced several times on LDSFF. Who is he in a nutshell? He works for the church?
You just gotta read the book...no summary will do it Justice
Yeah, I thought about writing up a lengthy summary, but honestly I think I'd probably not get it all 100% accurate, properly represent the spirit and tone of the book, and omit important details. iWriteStuff, sure, but I forget details even better. Plus I may tend to focus on one part more than another, skewing or misrepresenting the message of the book.

Suffice it to say Spencer had a very special series of experiences that we can learn from, not least of which involve interactions with beings beyond the veil and the ministration of angels. Then there is the part where he speaks about things to come. That needs to be read as it was written, as I don't think I can do it justice. The part I've mentioned, about him seeing his car and leaving the church office building as an earthquake starts to rattle SLC, is just the beginning of that section. The rest involves foreign armies invading the U.S., places of refuge, plagues, the power of the priesthood magnified, and the journey to and building of the New Jerusalem.

Seriously, pick up a copy. It's one of the best things you'll read all year.

Looks like I need to pick up a copy. The part I highlighted above caught my attention. In my brothers Patriarchal blessing it says he "will heal people by touch much like Christ". I have often wondered if that would come to pass in an last days scenario where hospital care is no long available.

braingrunt
captain of 1,000

Post by braingrunt »

caddis wrote:
braingrunt wrote:
I'm not sure how to take this. I feel there is more to your statement than what you are saying. Care to elaborate?
I'm referring to those people who say that any secondhand snuffer info is bad or misleading.

jockeybox
captain of 100

Post by jockeybox »

LDSguy wrote:
Lizzy60 wrote:A review from LDS Magazine.

I think one thing that a lot of people like about VOG an A Greater Tomorrow and other visions and dreams, is the modern day details. Whereas the scriptures allude to a gathering and are full of parallels for our day, these books and other dreams contain specific details that we can relate to in modern day America. The scriptures might say "and in the last days I will gather my people" but these visions and dreams explain HOW that will supposedly happen.

However, if someone replaces the scriptures with these books and other vision then there is a problem.

At least that is how I look at it.
The details may be specific, but does that mean it is literal? Just a thought. Are there specifics described in the book that represent an idea rather than a factual occurrence? I've gone back and forth with VoG and if it is literal or symbolic. Probably both. What if the major earthquake isn't so much a a physical destruction, but a spiritual/symbolic one. Or the flooding. Or the traveling.

What I realized is I need to ensure I understand the scriptures, that always feel the most stable and solid platform for me.

All that being said, I did enjoy reading and pondering about it. It gave me much to consider.

OnGoing
captain of 50

Post by OnGoing »

That is cool what your brothers patriarchal blessing says! Mine says one of my gifts will comfort those who are sick and in fear by touch. I used to wonder why the word fear was used instead of something more common, like stress. Now I know why!

dlbww
captain of 100

Post by dlbww »

Last edited by dlbww on October 2nd, 2015, 12:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

caddis
captain of 1,000

Post by caddis »

Aren't you one of those who is all about going directly to the source? Sorry if I falsely accuse you.[/quote]

I'm not sure how to take this. I feel there is more to your statement than what you are saying. Care to elaborate?[/quote]
I'm referring to those people who say that any secondhand snuffer info is bad or misleading.
Oh I see. Well. I'm not a Snuffer guy. I haven't read any of his books or gone to any of his speeches. I have dropped by his website once or twice to read a few postings. I haven't felt the desire or prompting or whatever you want to call it to "investigate". So while I feel going directly to the source is extremely important, if I don't have the source immediately available I will ask about a condensed version of the info, to see if I'm even interested....hence the request for cliff notes. :)

nvr
captain of 1,000

Post by nvr »

I think someone mentioned on one of these threads that they had heard that Spencer now owns the car that he saw in vision when things start to fall apart.
The car was assigned to him from the Church motor pool this time last year,
Seriously, he might have thought to ask to keep his old one when he saw the model the motor pool tried to give him. Same thing with the parking space. Just ask to be reassigned - or just park in a visitor's spot from now on. I mean, he could be saving the entire Salt Lake valley!

braingrunt
captain of 1,000

Post by braingrunt »

dlbww wrote:As in THE car? Don't most companies lease their vehicles for approximately 3 years or so? So, trying to do the math in my head ... 2 years left? That about fits with the USA economic downturn cycle starting in the Fall of 2015 according to Martin Armstrong. Interesting.
lol, this car needs a name. Maybe
The harbinger
The <insert color here> horse of the apocalypse
The horn

I want you to know, I'm not taking this very seriously.
Last edited by braingrunt on September 12th, 2014, 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

caddis
captain of 1,000

Post by caddis »

How about the 4-cylinders of the apocalypse.