Fox News Viewers are the Most Misinformed

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
KMCopeland
captain of 1,000

Fox News Viewers are the Most Misinformed

Post by KMCopeland »

If you value accurate information, and you honestly, and humbly, seek to be informed, you will avoid FOX like the plague.

"Fox News Viewers are the Most Misinformed: A Seventh Study Arrives to Prove It — and Vindicate Jon Stewart.

… 6 separate studies showing Fox News viewers to be the most misinformed, and in a right wing direction ... there really does seem to be a “Fox News effect,” then, and one that is playing a central role in driving our political divide over reality in the U.S. And now comes a true tour-de-force seventh study showing that Fox News viewers are the most misinformed ...

I noted in my prior posts that the studies documenting the “Fox News effect” do not necessarily show causation. In other words, watching Fox may make you more misinformed, but people who believe lots of political misinformation may also gravitate towards Fox. I actually think both things are going on simultaneously—but the new Feldman study does make a strong causal case that Fox is actively driving a lot of the problem.

In other words, why are Americans so divided today over reality and what is factually true? There are surely many causes—but one is that a news network with a powerful sway is constantly sowing right wing misinformation, and an army of followers are watching and believing it."

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2011/1 ... n-stewart/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Re: Fox News Viewers are the Most Misinformed

Post by Ezra »

The left is the same as the right. The cause is all media in the states is controlled by the gadiantans. All lds should know this if they would awake to there awfull situation as commanded by Moroni. David o McKay asked us to read none dare call it conspiracy by James Allen in confrence to know who the secret combinations are and what they control. They own all the media.

As pres. Hinkley said the best way to know who they are what they are doing and the solution to the problem is to read the BOM. Because that is the message that it contains.

He said it was more accurate then the daily news paper and more inspired as of the solutions to those problems.

So mr. Liberal lefty don't be thinking that the right are any more deceived then The left.

Both sides are and it's all part of there game.

The scriptures and the constitution are the key to solve the problems we face. All others ways are but shadows of the truth.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

So what is the basis of misinformed? What were the questions? I could ask the average American "Was Bin Ladin a CIA asset in the 1980s?" and I will get the vast majority saying no. If I ask the same question of Russians I will get the more accurate "Yes" answer. At least Fox does not treat its viewers like they are lobotomized 6 year olds on Prozac like the other networks seem to do.

Bananikka
captain of 100

Post by Bananikka »

Oh my. So one man tells you that anybody who listens to the other man is misguided... And has no interest in the study outcome at all, right? I'm afraid there's a lot more brainwashing going on than many of us would like to admit. :(

Bananikka
captain of 100

Post by Bananikka »

How about visiting naturalnews.com?

wompus
captain of 100

Post by wompus »

Good thing i dont listen to Fox News... One doesnt need to listen to fox.news to realize how evil this president is...

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

sen6b wrote:And those who listen to any of the other mainstream media news are GROSSLY UNinformed. Everything is watered down and sugar coated. Certain shows on Fox news ill admit are a bit hyper and exaggerated, but there are some that are genuine....like O'Reilly. I have yet to see anything he's said to be in true or exaggerated. Even my dad who despises Fox news watches O'Reilly.
You said it! The other network news programs appear aimed at people with a 6th grade education and an IQ of 80.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

KMCopeland wrote:"MSM News Viewers are the Most Misinformed: A Seventh Study Arrives to Prove It — and Vindicate Jon Stewart.
There, fixed it for you.

samizdat
captain of 1,000

Post by samizdat »

KMCopeland, wrong crowd.

You might want to try the Sean Hannity forum for your remarks.

Because most LDS folks on this board think that FOX News is part of the problem, or Faux News as what you guys and other people like to refer it.

There really isn't anything there, or on MSNBC for that matter, propagandistic as well but on the left, that is worth watching. I found a German newspaper though that is rather balanced though. Armstrong Economics also has lots of good stuff.

deutsche-wirtschafts-nachrichten.de

sevenator
captain of 100

Post by sevenator »

If you're spending your time "vindicating" Jon Stewart....a comedian....well...yeah, nevermind.

Paisa
captain of 10

Post by Paisa »

Fox news is the only source that isnt protecting this communist President like all other media sources. Liberals/communist have their friends the gadiantons in the media upholding them and forwarding their overthrow of our freedom. Although not 100% accurate all the time; Fox news is the only news source not on the communist side.

Cowboy
captain of 100

Post by Cowboy »

Seven studies?
Well, will we here from Snow white too?
What a joke!

caddis
captain of 1,000

Post by caddis »

Paisa wrote:Fox news is the only source that isnt protecting this communist President like all other media sources. Liberals/communist have their friends the gadiantons in the media upholding them and forwarding their overthrow of our freedom. Although not 100% accurate all the time; Fox news is the only news source not on the communist side.
Unfortunately, Fox news is still on the side of the progressive Republican establishment. Which in my book is pretty much the same.

SamFisher
captain of 100

Post by SamFisher »

Copeland, are you going to post something similar about MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC, HuffPo, Media Matters...? I don't know--perhaps those liberal rags seem normal to you.

Your understanding of true conservatism is as ignorant as an evangelical's understanding of Mormonism--and Fox News has little to do with conservatism.

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

Copeland, I think you're spitting into the wind, here.

wompus
captain of 100

Post by wompus »

I love how every rebuttal against Obama and liberalism starts with an attach against Fox News... are you really that concerned over Fox News....you that worried about must mean something!

SamFisher
captain of 100

Post by SamFisher »

Figures that the asinine article references the denying of global warming as a sign of being misinformed. Looks to me like those denying global warming are the informed crowd, one that is smart enough to spot an agenda, and less likely to fall for the lie pushing that agenda.

The Left will spin it any way they can...

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/09/174335- ... te-change/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KMCopeland
captain of 1,000

Post by KMCopeland »

Ezra wrote:The left is the same as the right.
They really aren't. They're actually quite different, especially in news delivery.
Ezra wrote:The cause is all media in the states is controlled by the gadiantans.
That's a cop out. That's you relieving yourself of the responsibility to find out where good and bad sources of information are. All you have to do is say "They're all bad." That way you don't have to do the work it might take to separate the good from the bad. Because they aren't all bad. Some of them are very, very good.
Ezra wrote:All lds should know this if they would awake to there awfull situation as commanded by Moroni ... As pres. Hinkley said the best way to know who they are what they are doing and the solution to the problem is to read the BOM. Because that is the message that it contains ... He said it was more accurate then the daily news paper and more inspired as of the solutions to those problems.
You know, it's entirely possibly to read the Book of Mormon, to use the direction and wisdom it contains to make us better people, AND make sure we get our news information from reliable sources. You actually can do both. It's not even hard.
Ezra wrote:David o McKay asked us to read none dare call it conspiracy by James Allen in confrence to know who the secret combinations are and what they control. They own all the media.
David O. McKay died before that book was written. This is what I'm talking about.
Ezra wrote:So mr. Liberal lefty don't be thinking that the right are any more deceived then The left.
I didn't say that. (I am Mr. Liberal Lefty, right?) A bunch of scholarly studies did.

SamFisher
captain of 100

Post by SamFisher »

sen6b wrote:Just curious kmcopeland what are your "reliable sources"?
John Stewart.

Tbone
captain of 100

Post by Tbone »

All of the 24-hour cable news networks make me want to hurl... :ymsick: Can we really trust any of them? Seriously, they get paid for ratings and not necessarily for telling the truth.

Tbone
captain of 100

Post by Tbone »

Oh, well tmz is a completely different story. Their integrity is impeccable and their stories always relevant!

KMCopeland
captain of 1,000

Post by KMCopeland »

sen6b wrote:Just curious kmcopeland what are your "reliable sources"?
I like CSPAN. I usually have the radio on PRN during the day. I like "Meet the Press" and "CBS Sunday Morning" too.

jbalm
The Third Comforter

Post by jbalm »

I've found the best sources for news are financial/investing web sites. They cover the important events sans most of the political spin (from either side).

jonah4:4
captain of 50

Post by jonah4:4 »

:ymapplause: Now THIS is my kind of entertainment.

ChantDownBabylonNWO
captain of 10

Post by ChantDownBabylonNWO »

KMCopeland wrote:If you value accurate information, and you honestly, and humbly, seek to be informed, you will avoid FOX like the plague.

"Fox News Viewers are the Most Misinformed: A Seventh Study Arrives to Prove It — and Vindicate Jon Stewart.

… 6 separate studies showing Fox News viewers to be the most misinformed, and in a right wing direction ... there really does seem to be a “Fox News effect,” then, and one that is playing a central role in driving our political divide over reality in the U.S. And now comes a true tour-de-force seventh study showing that Fox News viewers are the most misinformed ...

I noted in my prior posts that the studies documenting the “Fox News effect” do not necessarily show causation. In other words, watching Fox may make you more misinformed, but people who believe lots of political misinformation may also gravitate towards Fox. I actually think both things are going on simultaneously—but the new Feldman study does make a strong causal case that Fox is actively driving a lot of the problem.

In other words, why are Americans so divided today over reality and what is factually true? There are surely many causes—but one is that a news network with a powerful sway is constantly sowing right wing misinformation, and an army of followers are watching and believing it."

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2011/1 ... n-stewart/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

OOOH man I agree FOX is propaganda for the misinformed and perpetrated by the Government, but of course all the other news outlets such as NBC, MSNBC, ABC, CNN, "thinkprogess.org" etc. are as well. I'm assuming you are a "Liberal" or "progressive" or a "lefty".

Well if you enjoy FACTS, do you know what that term means? Do you know what the term "conservative" means? None of these terms mean what the mainstream wants you to think they mean and none of those people pegging themselves to these terms act or portray what those terms actually are supposed to portray.

Look up the terms Liberal and Conservative…You will find most "Conservatives" are actually liberals, except when it comes to WAR, they love war and forcing things on other civilizations as long as its not forced on themselves. "Liberals" nowadays are "conservatives" they want the established big-Government nanny-state to stay the same or increase (progress) and they think that force on other people is ok as long as its good for the general public.

con›serv›a›tive (ken sur’ve tiv), adj. 1. disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.

Most Conservatives want to reduce the scope of Federal government except when it comes to military, they want to then spend spend spend and force democracy on the world. But of course we as a US People have a form of government, according to the Constitution, known as a REPUBLIC. not a democracy! So Conservatives shouldn't want to preserve existing conditions considering the Federal Government has encroached on our lives in every way, they should want to CHANGE the existing condition of our Government.

‘Liber’ (as in liberal), is also the root word of ‘liberty’ (FREEdom from restraint);1. favorable to progress or reform, as in political or religious affairs. 2. (often cap.) noting or pertaining to a political party advocating measures of progressive political reform. 3. of, pertaining to, based on, or advocating liberalism. 4. Favorable to or in accord with concepts of maximum individual FREEdom possible, esp. as guaranteed by law and secured by governmental protection of civil LIBERTIES 5. favoring of permitting FREEdom of action

Liberals now want to steal (tax) from the producers in the economy and give to those who don't produce or have much. I'm not against helping the poor but of course stealing from one sector of society by force is immoral and cannot negate the moral act of giving to the needy. The definition of liberal says nothing about stealing from the rich to give to the poor and it actually means that they want people to choose their own destiny.

I am a Libertarian or a Constitutionalist and I'm most definitely a "Classical Liberal" and I believe that no person or Government can commit or threaten violence upon another person or group who is acting peacefully. FORCE to me is income tax (corporate and personal), on-going foreign wars to spread our ideas on people, taxing and building up a standing military, affirmative action laws, driver's licenses, traffic laws, and any law or action which limits the freedom of conscience. If someone steals or is violent to another person or group then they should be held accountable by the law and justice system. This doesn't include pre-crime like traffic laws and crime that people commit on their own person, like Drug laws.

You must realize our form of Government based on LIBERTY has been taken over by a bunch of psycho paths that call themselves "conservatives" and "liberals" and they don't mean either one. They also have taken over the news outlets, especially the one you deem to be good.

Wake up, read the Book of Mormon, it is based on liberty, and also warns of Secret Combinations that will take over our society. It has happened and they want us to divide each other through silly rhetoric by misusing these words. Divide and Conquer is their game, don't let them win. Lets combine and conquer the controllers and bring LIBERTY because they are using force hardcore!

“I believe in only one thing: liberty; but I do not believe in liberty enough to force it upon anyone.”

H.L. Mencken