What's Obama up to?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
myeyesareopen
captain of 50

Re: What's Obama up to?

Post by myeyesareopen »

I don't know, but I'm hitting the grocery store tomorrow. I was going to wait until Friday, but I just feel uneasy this week. I just feel like I need to prepare every chance I get these days.

Our power flicked out for a minute today, and I just had a feeling of "is this it"? Dramatic I know - but it could happen like that one day. And it just made me think for a minute - if something happens that makes all power go out, I wouldn't know anything. We live out in the country - I wouldn't be able to walk into a store or bank and say "do ya'll know what's going on?" My husband was at work and my son was at school. Thank goodness it was nothing, but it just made me think about things and wonder what we'd do if we couldn't communicate with each other.

Sorry to be off topic - just a thought I had today...

wompus
captain of 100

Post by wompus »

Id say hes up to about 150 rounds of golf... 12 weeks vacation this year and a couple of vodka martini s every night to try to dull the conscious...

And btw... lights flickered at my house too the other day... tgought the same thing... im so not ready. Working on it though.. :-o :-o :-o

kgrigio
captain of 100

Post by kgrigio »

myeyesareopen wrote:Thank goodness it was nothing, but it just made me think about things and wonder what we'd do if we couldn't communicate with each other.
This is a great reason to get HAM radio certified and have your family carry a hand held radio with them. HAM certification for the entry level, which will give you the ability to talk on all the local frequencies and some of the higher, long distance frequencies, is easy. There are cheap ~$40 hand held radios that work great if you know how to use them. Note these radios and the frequency bands are much more reliable than CB radios radios or the typical walkie talkie radios.

The church's emergency communication method is HAM radio and a lot of stakes push training and members getting the right equipment. Just a thought, but something to consider.

KMCopeland
captain of 1,000

Post by KMCopeland »

sen6b wrote:I keep hoping that all this playing dumb he is doing is for a reason and that it's because they don't want to advertise their military strategy to the world. That I think would be dumb. This story says there is nearly 1200 troops over their right now. That's more than we've had since 2011. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/09 ... p-in-iraq/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I think he's up to carefully, methodically, and intelligently handling what's happening in Iraq. As he has handled every military issue that has come up since he took office. Playing dumb? I haven't seen that.

It's not Fox News, but there's a solid conservative view here: http://www.politico.com/blogs/joe-scarb ... 95069.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

wompus
captain of 100

Post by wompus »

KMCopeland wrote:
sen6b wrote:I keep hoping that all this playing dumb he is doing is for a reason and that it's because they don't want to advertise their military strategy to the world. That I think would be dumb. This story says there is nearly 1200 troops over their right now. That's more than we've had since 2011. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/09 ... p-in-iraq/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I think he's up to carefully, methodically, and intelligently handling what's happening in Iraq. As he has handled every military issue that has come up since he took office. Playing dumb? I haven't seen that.

It's not Fox News, but there's a solid conservative view here: http://www.politico.com/blogs/joe-scarb ... 95069.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Obamas paid supporters here to defend him.... Just a couple of videos showing obamas 'thoughtful' leadership

http://youtu.be/QUvqPgYC4U0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://youtu.be/wS6FOf9M0q0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KMCopeland
captain of 1,000

Post by KMCopeland »

wompus wrote:
KMCopeland wrote:

Obamas paid supporters here to defend him....
Quite a charge. But then it's you making it so ...

And your fanatical belief, that these YouTubes you offer up to support the crazy things you say, is very, very sad.

wompus
captain of 100

Post by wompus »

Yeah i know my the videos are fantasy... Like the one video of Obama taking credit for the Iraqi troop draw down and ending the war in Iraq, and now that Iraq has been taken over by Isis he is now saying he had no part in the troop withdrawal... Thats so not real right.... It's not like that montage was a bunch of clips of him speaking and then him contradicting himself.... Oh wait...

samizdat
captain of 1,000

Post by samizdat »

There's a meme flying around for the USS Barack Obama which is a golf course on the runway of the aircraft carrier.

Obama is certainly up to no good. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. No where to be found on the NATO summit in the first day but the golf course was locked down. Gee, wonder why?

samizdat
captain of 1,000

Post by samizdat »

This thing of asking Congress 5 billion dollars so he can come up with a strategy to defeat ISIS is really a con game in itself too and yet brilliant. Because if Congress says no Obama will come out and say Republicans don't want to protect the country, and that will be bought hook, line, and sinker by the Obama supporters.

KMCopeland
captain of 1,000

Post by KMCopeland »

Those last 3 posts prove one of my oft-repeated points. That there is nothing this man can say, or do, no matter how insignificant, or how significant, that will please any of you.

I could point out that he doesn't play nearly as much golf as many other presidents did, including/especially your adored, moronic George Bush, and you wouldn't care. I could point out that calling ISIS the JV was totally accurate, and the only reason any of you think it's like this big huge gaffe is because some fool on FOX told you it was -- and it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference to you. You wouldn't even be inspired to find out for yourself. You'll just tune back into that joke of a network and let them take over your minds. Again and again. NIght after night.

You won't admit it while he's alive, or probably not while any of you are alive. But history will show him to have been one of the best presidents, and one of the finest individuals, we've ever had in the White House. Especially in his foreign policy. He is cool, calm, and deliberate. He won't be pushed into anything stupid, and the decisions he has made have been brilliant, and calmly executed, without fanfare. He's been perfect on the international stage. He's played a game of chess with Putin for just one, that has been nothing short of brilliant. Plenty of people already think so of course -- but you'll never hear anything about that because you will remain tuned in to that sad, pathetic excuse for a news network and it only, and you will go to your graves not realizing that you were lied to. And used. To do some pretty awful stuff. To a really, really good president. Of your own country.

I shouldn't care. It's just a shame, to have such a good man in office, to have to watch him get trashed so regularly, over such nonsense, by people I would really prefer to admire. Jeez the things you people complain about. It's amazing. If he deserved your abuse it would be one thing. He doesn't. He deserves your gratitude and your appreciation. Not to mention your respect, for the outstanding example he sets for you, of honorable behavior and grace under fire. He'll never get it -- not from any of you. And like I said. It's a shame.

samizdat
captain of 1,000

Post by samizdat »

Those last 3 posts prove one of my oft-repeated points. That there is nothing this man can say, or do, no matter how insignificant, or how significant, that will please any of you.
Negative. Obama just simply finds a way to piss off more and more people. Obama is a good family man, so I hear. So was Jimmy Carter. Neither were or are good presidents. And you keep on the left-right paradigm. Hardly ANYONE on this board likes Bush, and in my case Bush was worse than Obama because it was him that got us into this mess. Obama has done a few good things (like getting our troops out of Iraq) but he has absolutely gone downhill from there especially on foreign policy.

I could point out that he doesn't play nearly as much golf as many other presidents did, including/especially your adored, moronic George Bush, and you wouldn't care. I could point out that calling ISIS the JV was totally accurate, and the only reason any of you think it's like this big huge gaffe is because some fool on FOX told you it was -- and it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference to you. You wouldn't even be inspired to find out for yourself. You'll just tune back into that joke of a network and let them take over your minds. Again and again. NIght after night.
A president needs to rest every now and then. He probably could time when he goes golfing a lot better though. ISIS was JV until the USA and the UK started giving them weapons though. So basically you could say that Obama and Cameron made them varsity and even a SEC school compared to what they were before. I don't get my news off of Fox News. About the only alphabet news company I see is CNN or the BBC. But I also read stuff off of other newspapers around the world and they are backing up everything I am saying.

But at the same time I am happy that neither McCain nor Romney were elected because they would have done things worse. McCain would have us in a war against every nation. Romney would have us already at war with Russia. Obama will have us at war with Russia later this year or early next year anyway. It is all about timing which is the difference because behind the curtains the so called two party system is in collusion.

But you can believe that Russia is being isolated all that you want, from your myopic viewpoint that the world according to the USA stops on the Mexican border on this continent or stops at the Donbass for Europe. Because Russia has found new friends. China especially.

You won't admit it while he's alive, or probably not while any of you are alive. But history will show him to have been one of the best presidents, and one of the finest individuals, we've ever had in the White House. Especially in his foreign policy. He is cool, calm, and deliberate. He won't be pushed into anything stupid, and the decisions he has made have been brilliant, and calmly executed, without fanfare. He's been perfect on the international stage. He's played a game of chess with Putin for just one, that has been nothing short of brilliant. Plenty of people already think so of course -- but you'll never hear anything about that because you will remain tuned in to that sad, pathetic excuse for a news network and it only, and you will go to your graves not realizing that you were lied to. And used. To do some pretty awful stuff. To a really, really good president. Of your own country.
A fine individual? I can agree with you there. One of the best presidents? Definitely not. He's about on the same course as a Carter or a Bush Jr. Clinton wasn't even that good but he blows Obama out of the water. JFK blows Clinton out of the water.

The foreign policy miscues: Sanctioning Russia and having the EU go along with it. When Europe freezes this winter due to lack of gas from Russia which the EU have stupidly sanctioned, you will see the folly of your error. If you think Obama is a good chess player of Putin, Putin is beyond Obama's league. And name those plenty of people that think Obama has been better than Putin on this issue, that are not the EU politicians which Obama is in bed with anyway.

Giving weapons to ISIS.

Fast and Furious.

Benghazi and the aftermath.

Supporting the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt.

Ignoring Latin America where China and Russia are making inroads.

Ignoring Africa if the countries don't get along with his message of gay rights. Also China and Russia making inroads there, especially China.

Foreign policy successes:

Getting the EU to go along with him on Russian sanctions

Avoiding a war against Syria (which was championed by McCain, this I do admit).
I shouldn't care. It's just a shame, to have such a good man in office, to have to watch him get trashed so regularly, over such nonsense, by people I would really prefer to admire. Jeez the things you people complain about. It's amazing. If he deserved your abuse it would be one thing. He doesn't. He deserves your gratitude and your appreciation. Not to mention your respect, for the outstanding example he sets for you, of honorable behavior and grace under fire. He'll never get it -- not from any of you. And like I said. It's a shame.
I agree with you that on family matters, and personal matters Obama strikes me as a decent man. But where he gets trashed and deservedly so I might add, is on his job as President.

Cowboy
captain of 100

Post by Cowboy »

[quote="KMCopeland"]Those last 3 posts prove one of my oft-repeated points. That there is nothing this man can say, or do, no matter how insignificant, or how significant, that will please any of you. ]

Not true.....
" Meeshell and I are leaving the White House, because I QUIT. "

KMCopeland
captain of 1,000

Post by KMCopeland »

I voted for Jimmy Carter, I admired him then and I admire him now. And his presidency looks better and better to historians as years go by. There's a good book about that out right now, called "The Unfinished Presidency," and if you google "most underrated president," you'll have a lot more reading you can do about it. Kind of reminds me of the movie "The Hobbit." The critics hate it -- now. Tolkien followers love it, and you watch, over time, the critics will change their minds. (It's a great movie).
samizdat wrote:The foreign policy miscues: Sanctioning Russia and having the EU go along with it. When Europe freezes this winter due to lack of gas from Russia which the EU have stupidly sanctioned, you will see the folly of your error. If you think Obama is a good chess player of Putin, Putin is beyond Obama's league.
Putin is not a man to be underestimated. Neither is Obama. We'll see who wins this one
samizdat wrote:And name those plenty of people that think Obama has been better than Putin on this issue, that are not the EU politicians which Obama is in bed with anyway.
You shouldn't discount world leaders who admire your president. They just might have excellent reasons for it. But here you go:

Obama's Diplomatic Victories
“ … Barack Obama has put together a string of surprising diplomatic victories … Thanks to our negotiations and economic sanctions, Iran has diluted its highly enriched uranium, agreed to in-person inspections and video surveillance, and ceased work on its heavy water plutonium reactor ...

… Obama leveraged Russia's relationship with Syria to broker a deal to get rid of the latter's chemical weapons … A funny thing happened on the way to the GOP's deification of Putin: While Syrians were busy shooting each other, the country's last supplies of chemical weapons--600 metric tons of it--left Syria on a Danish ship under the supervision of the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons …
"Never before has an entire arsenal of a category of weapons of mass destruction been removed from a country experiencing a state of internal armed conflict," said OPCW chief Ahmet Uzumcu ...

… Obama has corralled the European Union into imposing tough economic sanctions on Russia, isolating Putin. By getting Europeans to put the screws to Russia's banking, oil and gas, and military sectors, Obama can play his brand of strong-arm diplomatic ball, forcing Putin to choose between his country's economic well-being and his fantasies of restoring the Russian Empire ...

… America got rid of Syria's chemical weapons and surrounded itself with Russia's closest trading partners. Putin looks politically injured, snarling not like a mighty czar but like a wounded bear caught in a trap …

… He doesn't crow about his diplomatic victories, so all we hear is the cable news cacophony … but Obama is the president he said he'd be. He speaks softly and carries Seal Team Six, but the most effective weapons in his foreign policy arsenal have proven to be economic sanctions and negotiation. Obama has learned the lessons from Iraq. This time we're using diplomacy--and it's working.”

See more at: http://www.gazettextra.com/20140804/jas ... 3gIvG.dpuf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-- and this --

The Steel in Barack Obama's Spine
… What really drives Barack Obama’s foreign policy—the belief that he can and should make the world a better place, or that America should intervene abroad only when the benefits to the United States are worth the costs?

...Zbigniew Brzezinski … said in an interview with Politico Magazine that Obama’s “eminently sensible” approach so far in dealing with Russia is yet more evidence that the 44th president is also a realist. “Realism doesn’t mean you immediately start an atomic war,” Brzezinski said. “You first, discourage, deter, punish and isolate through other means … enough to make the Ukrainian adventure very costly to the Russians.” … President Obama is now acting to mobilize a set of diplomatic and economic consequences …

Dennis Ross: “In the case of Ukraine, admirers have rushed to commend the president’s “realistic” appreciation of the limits of American power ...

John McLaughlin: “The difference between that world and today is the difference between the stateliness of a ballroom dance and the chaos of a mosh pit. Surprise is the dominant feature in this world of rising powers, ethnic strife, civil wars and social media empowerment. A world where ideas ignite and move more rapidly than at any time in human history. In dealing with that, Obama deserves credit for agility and does seem more the realist than the idealist. That is coming through in his response to the Ukraine crisis, where he has been careful not to overstate what we can do—but unequivocal in censoring Vladimir Putin. Meanwhile, the sorts of potential actions Obama is putting on the table—boycotting the G-8 meeting in Sochi, organizing Russia’s ouster from that group, a range of financial sanctions coordinated with our allies—seem “right-sized” in terms of our leverage and the amount of pain that permits us to inflict on Putin.”

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/ ... z3CxYUoCv8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
samizdat wrote:Giving weapons to ISIS.
Not fair. We armed some of the people trying to take Syria back from Assad. Some of those people have gone over to ISIS. But the bulk of the weapons, and tanks, that ISIS is using that are of US manufacture, are among what we left behind when we left Iraq. They will burn up those tanks, and they will run short of ammo. I wish we had never set foot in Iraq, and I wish we hadn't shipped all those tanks and guns over there 11 years ago. But claiming we armed ISIS simply isn't fair. Or accurate.
samizdat wrote:Fast and Furious.
I tried hard to understand what the right thinks went wrong with Fast & Furious. It's very, very long, and complicated. But what I could figure out tells me that the crazy things the right is claiming about Fast & Furious are probably not true. It simply looks way too much like you guys desperately finding something -- anything -- to hang on this president. It doesn't read like he's done anything wrong, at all, in that entire horrible story.

This appears to be the definitive article about it: http://fortune.com/2012/06/27/the-truth ... s-scandal/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
samizdat wrote:Benghazi and the aftermath.
Benghazi I understand. Well. It's a non-scandal.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/benghazi.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
samizdat wrote:Supporting the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt.
This is just such a bizarre claim. I just don't really know where to begin with it. I guess this is a start: http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/w ... s-straight" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
samizdat wrote:Ignoring Latin America where China and Russia are making inroads. Ignoring Africa if the countries don't get along with his message of gay rights. Also China and Russia making inroads there, especially China.
You act like every single thing that happens in the world is either his fault directly, or indirectly because he didn't prevent it. Don't you understand how unfair this is?
samizdat wrote:Foreign policy successes:

Getting the EU to go along with him on Russian sanctions

Avoiding a war against Syria (which was championed by McCain, this I do admit).

I agree with you that on family matters, and personal matters Obama strikes me as a decent man. But where he gets trashed and deservedly so I might add, is on his job as President.
I genuinely appreciate you acknowledging these things.
Last edited by KMCopeland on September 14th, 2014, 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Not fair. We armed some of the people trying to take Syria back from Assad.
According to many Syrians (real ones) many of the terrorists the USA has been funding do not even speak Syrian. They are jihadist mercenaries. They want to re-establish a vision of the Caliphate.

Tribunal
captain of 1,000

Post by Tribunal »

KMCopeland wrote:Those last 3 posts prove one of my oft-repeated points. That there is nothing this man can say, or do, no matter how insignificant, or how significant, that will please any of you.
Not so. If Barack Hussein Obama, Joe Joe Biden, and Eric Holder, were to tell the world that they were resigning then I would be very pleased. These morons actually make me miss the days of Bill Clinton and Algore.

wompus
captain of 100

Post by wompus »

Does Copeland think we really read her posts... so long and boring... it must take her hours to reply... good thing she's subsidized by Obama

KMCopeland
captain of 1,000

Post by KMCopeland »

sen6b wrote:Or how he called Isis the JV squad, now him and his reps are back paddling to get away from that saying "no we weren't talking about ISIS! ! We were talking about something else." Even though it's been proven that he WAS talking about them.
I heard him say that. I was sitting next to someone when we heard him say it, whose (military) career has been spent in the Pentagon, advising every president since Jimmy Carter. ISIS is the JV.
sen6b wrote:And by playing dumb I mean the fact that he doesn't seem to give a Crap about what's going on. Even if he doesn't care he should at LEAST pretend!
I really don't know what to say. But given the the extra lines on his face, ever more gray in his hair every day and his overall haggard appearance, I cannot, for the life of me, understand how you could have drawn the conclusion that he doesn't seem to give a crap about what's going on. He seems to give a great deal about what's going on to me.
sen6b wrote:!! Like the whole golfing thing..... and the stone henge bucket list crap? Don't video that crap. That is like when I used to sluff school in high school, and me video taping it for my parents and then saying....I really am going to school mom.
You are talking about your own decision to find fault with everything he does. That's why everything he does seems wrong to you. There's nothing in the world wrong with him playing golf, and he's played far less than presidents I feel pretty sure you thought were wonderful. And going to Stonehenge? Are you kidding me? How in the world can you find fault with that too?
sen6b wrote:Actions speak louder than words.
That's the theory anyway.

Benjamin Harrison
captain of 100

Post by Benjamin Harrison »

Wow. I don't even know where to begin! I will ask three questions to points made way up on this thread. How you think history will show this was the best president in American history? Another I will ask is how he speaks softly but carries SEAL team 6 in his pocket? You ever serve in the military or ever serve in a forward combat unit? I will refrain from saying more until I here the answers which will give me time to cool my boiling blood down to comment more calmly.

KMCopeland
captain of 1,000

Post by KMCopeland »

Benjamin Harrison wrote:Wow. I don't even know where to begin! I will ask three questions to points made way up on this thread. How you think history will show this was the best president in American history?
I don't think I said history would show he was the best president in history. I think I said history would show that he was one of the best. And I have one article for you to read to support that, but honestly, you can easily find ample find evidence yourself for the fact that his competence, courage, statesmanship and patriotism equal or exceed those of the last several presidents at least. You'll have to stay away from FOX, Drudge, WND, etc. of course. Reading those only, in an attempt to form an accurate opinion about this president, is like reading about Joseph Smith only from what people who hated him wrote. You'd get a very skewed, and badly inaccurate, picture. So don't do that. If you really want to know of course.

What Has President Obama Done? Here’s a List of 253 Accomplishments, with Citations
http://pleasecutthecrap.com/obama-accomplishments/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Benjamin Harrison wrote:Another I will ask is how he speaks softly but carries SEAL team 6 in his pocket?
You'll have to tell me what you mean by that. I think you mean that you believe that credit for any military successes during his term belong not to him, but Seal Team 6, right? But I can't be positive. Figured it would be good to ask before I respond.
Benjamin Harrison wrote:You ever serve in the military or ever serve in a forward combat unit?
No. I do however, know (one of them intimately) lots of people who have. Now tell me what that has to do with anything.

Benjamin Harrison
captain of 100

Post by Benjamin Harrison »

Just repeating what you wrote. (Obamas Diplomatic Victories) Guess I added "in his pocket." I don't need to repeat what happened to our Brothers from Team Six.
Not to hard to be competent when compared with the last few. My point of asking Military service is to find out if you really know what you are actually talking about. Being intimately involved or sitting next to one who has served or served, doesn't make one an expert. That includes our so called Commander-in-Chief, and I don't mean this specifically for our current one, but for those to whom you compare competence. I haven't seen a true C-I-C since Eisenhower. By the way I don't have cable or satellite TV. I don't trust any of the mainstream news shows or their affiliates on the radio. I search and read on my own, and by the way, The Politico would fall under those categories. I listen to C-SPAN as well and find the same media bias with them, and the air time given to the Dems. is way more than the Repubs. Neither of which receive my vote! Here are some websites that might inform not only you but everyone else on the "great job" our president is doing. http://www.SOFRep.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://www.worldaffairsbrief.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://www.commandposts.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://www.gertzfile.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Barak Obama is the current lead marionette of puppet masters driving a satanically inspired program designed to destroy constitutional government that the Lord gave us and make a shambles of America so a socialist government can be established. That program includes:

1. Greatly expanded government spending by every conceivable means and of getting rid of ever larger sums of American money as wastefully as possible, deliberately bankrupting America and the American people,

2. Higher and much higher taxes,

3. An increasingly unbalanced budget despite the higher taxes,

4. Wild inflation and consequent devaluation of our currency,

5. Greatly increased socialistic controls over every operation of our economy and every activity of our daily lives.

6. Fomenting of immigration, legal and illegal, of people who will contribute to the political socialization of America and place further economic/financial burdens on Americans,

7. Instigating wars in foreign countries to create enemies and squander American wealth, strength, and resources,

8. Increased centralization of government power in Washington D.C.,

9. Further FedGov intrusion into the private lives of people,

10. Steady advance of FedGov financial aid (at taxpayers expense) to and control over our public education system,

11. Fomenting of terrorist actions against U.S. citizens to get support for wars of aggression,

12. Continued efforts to prohibit private possession of guns,

KMCopeland
captain of 1,000

Post by KMCopeland »

Do you feel that getting rid of Obama is going to fix all of that?

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I certainly do not believe that just getting rid of Obama is going to fix all of that. We'd have to get shod of his handlers/puppet masters, those latter-day gadiantons who are fomenting all of that and more. And I cannot envision that happening until after the "Cleansing of America". We have allowed those no longer so secret yet murderous combinations that Nephi, Moroni, J. Reuben Clark, Ezra Taft Benson, Boyd K. Packer warned us about. And Mormons, the only people on the planet that has the prophetic warnings of the 'secret combinations' and the Gadianton Robbers taking over the complete control of government, have generally ignored those warnings. The best I hope for now is to help make people aware of the conspiracy and make more people aware of the advisability to study, uphold and abide by the principles of the US Constitution in the tradition of the Founding Fathers, and to understand the proper role of government according to gospel principles. Then, and only then (after the cleansing) will there be a remnant capable and desirous of promoting a return of the government of the United States to the fundamental principles of the original US Constitution.

KMCopeland
captain of 1,000

Post by KMCopeland »

Okay. I think I understand. The educating of people about the constitution that you've posted about, is only to prepare a righteous remnant to take over after the cleansing -- right? I have no problem at all with that. If you're wrong about Obama being a Gadianton, or having Gadianton followers, educating people about good government does no harm. And if you're right, it could be important.

You feel the cleansing is inevitable, right? That there's nothing we can do to prevent that? Correct me if I'm wrong. So tell me this. After the cleansing, will it be too late to teach anybody these things?

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Yes, I think the cleansing is inevitable, and unless America somehow does as Nineveh did there's nothing we can do to prevent it. I'll use a line I like from Bob Henstra: "Every Prophet I quote is my opinion." So I'll quote the Prophet Joseph Smith, who reportedly said "And now I am prepared authority of Jesus Christ, that not many years shall pass away before the United States shall present such a scene of bloodshed as has not a parallel in the history of our nation; pestilence, hail, famine, and earthquake will sweep the wicked of this generation from off the face of the land, to open and prepare the way for the return of the lost tribes of Israel from the north country...." (Doctrinal History of the Church, 1:315; also Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, Sec. One 1830-1834) (This seems to me to be corroborated in D&C 45:28-31, D&C 84:58, D&C 97:21-23 & D&C 112:24-26)

After the cleansing, I think, is when the "elders of Israel", which will include many who have learned the principles of the US Constitution as the Founders meant it to be understood and "The Proper Role of Government" as Ezra Taft Benson explained it, will "bear the Constitution away from the very verge of destruction", as Joseph Smith stated. And I believe a lot of people of other faiths will participate in that. How that will happen I don't think I can fully imagine yet.