George Albert Smith vision predicts 2 1/2 more years?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Bananikka
captain of 100

George Albert Smith vision predicts 2 1/2 more years?

Post by Bananikka »

Somebody said this somewhere and I meant I ask how they had come to that conclusion. (Maybe I missed that when I read it?) anyway, but I can't find where it was said now. So whoever said that, could you please explain? Thanks! :)

brianne541
captain of 100

Re: George Albert Smith vision predicts 2 1/2 more years?

Post by brianne541 »

Bananikka wrote:Somebody said this somewhere and I meant I ask how they had come to that conclusion. (Maybe I missed that when I read it?) anyway, but I can't find where it was said now. So whoever said that, could you please explain? Thanks! :)
I think it was DaveDan who said it, but I'm not exactly certain. The George Albert Smith prophecy talks about plagues and invasion of foreign troops on a holiday (where people sit down to eat) that falls after a presidential election, but before the new president takes office. So elections are held the first week week in November, and new presidents come into office the first of the next year. That leaves either Thanksgiving or Christmas. Oh, and he also said that the president will be of "greek" origin (which in GAS's time was a nice way of saying he will be black). So it could either be 2+ years, or 6+ years… or more?? I'm leaning more towards the 2+ mark, but that's just me. Heaven help us if it's over that mark. If Hillary Clinton were to run and win, then fulfill a presidency, this country would really suffer. But like she says, "What difference does it make?!?" Ugh. [-( she makes me sick :ymsick:

Bananikka
captain of 100

Post by Bananikka »

Ok lol thanks. I tend to think these 2 years are going to be the last as we know them as well. But I could be wrong! ;)

brianne541
captain of 100

Post by brianne541 »

Bananikka wrote:Ok lol thanks. I tend to think these 2 years are going to be the last as we know them as well. But I could be wrong! ;)

Or right ;) @-)

Bananikka
captain of 100

Post by Bananikka »

Lol m husband calls me crazy and says we could have another 100 years. And I know I have no special inside knowledge, he could indeed be right! But I will say this, I have a strong feeling about this 2 year thing. And never before (the year 2000, y2k, the Mayan 2012...) have I given a second thought to any time frame. So maybe I'm crazy.. And yeah.. Maybe I'm not! Lol. Only time will tell I suppose. And given the preparing that I still need to do, I guess it wouldn't be wise to try to speed that time along ;)

pjbrownie
captain of 1,000

Post by pjbrownie »

Not crazy, one thing is for certain, the world is unraveling. This could be another warning shot like WWI and WWII, but I don't think so. This next unraveling has all the hallmarks of the promised wars of judgment upon Babylon. The weird doom and gloomers that get caught up with the weird dates like 2000 or 2012 missed the mark and now we have a cry wolf syndrome. It's better to follow signs than dates.

1. The contenders are Russia and China along with Middle Eastern allies
2. One of the focuses will be on Israel this time around
3. America most likely will be invaded this time
4. This time, much of the world could be destroyed "by fire in one day"
5. Latin America will be involved with an American invasion fulfilling the Book of Mormon prophecy about the "treading down by the young lions" and having the Gentiles lose the promised land
6. This is the first time the wars won't involve Ephraim/Gentile nations fighting among themselves. They will fighting heathen nations, nations of the House of Japeth, or of the House of Ishmael.

These things could ALL happen within the next 2 years.

brianne541
captain of 100

Post by brianne541 »

Bananikka wrote:Lol m husband calls me crazy and says we could have another 100 years. And I know I have no special inside knowledge, he could indeed be right! But I will say this, I have a strong feeling about this 2 year thing. And never before (the year 2000, y2k, the Mayan 2012...) have I given a second thought to any time frame. So maybe I'm crazy.. And yeah.. Maybe I'm not! Lol. Only time will tell I suppose. And given the preparing that I still need to do, I guess it wouldn't be wise to try to speed that time along ;)

The last 2 years I have felt an INCREDIBLE sense of urgency! So no you are not crazy, and yes, you are being spiritually prompted that things are getting close. Don't worry, my hubsy bub thought I was crazy at first too. He's became more welcoming to it the last 6 months because he finally sees the state of our economic system, and knows that the dollar is surely going to fail sometime soon. He also eased up on me when I gave him the go-ahead to buy guns and ammo… He has been SO much more pleasant since then ;) LOL men…

Don't shrug these inclinations off. Those who are being prompted are being given their own warning to prepare (mostly spiritually!) and to recognize the signs when they start to happen. Everyone else will think it's just another thing to chalk up to coincidence, science, or economics. Don't believe it for a second. We are close. I feel it too.

Latter-day Patriot
captain of 50

Post by Latter-day Patriot »

I'm with brianne541. My wife and I have both received unmistakable spiritual promptings to prepare NOW. We have both felt the urgency to get our food storage and have started gathering supplies. We all need to be spiritually in-tune. Whether the First Presidency makes any clear and concise statements or not, ultimately, we need to be seeking our own personal revelations and direction from God. It is my personal belief that His elect are being awakened by the Spirit. It's up to us to act. This is part of the sifting within the Church. “He that hath ears to hear, let him hear” (Matthew 11:15). Look at the state of the world around us. The signs of the second coming are staring us directly in the face. Like brianne541 said, do not underestimate the things that are currently taking place. As members of the Church, we need to be actively seeking and recognizing these signs and getting our lives and houses in order, for the time to do so is very short, perhaps as short as one to two years.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

brianne541 wrote:
Bananikka wrote:Somebody said this somewhere and I meant I ask how they had come to that conclusion. (Maybe I missed that when I read it?) anyway, but I can't find where it was said now. So whoever said that, could you please explain? Thanks! :)
I think it was DaveDan who said it, but I'm not exactly certain. The George Albert Smith prophecy talks about plagues and invasion of foreign troops on a holiday (where people sit down to eat) that falls after a presidential election, but before the new president takes office. So elections are held the first week week in November, and new presidents come into office the first of the next year. That leaves either Thanksgiving or Christmas. Oh, and he also said that the president will be of "greek" origin (which in GAS's time was a nice way of saying he will be black). So it could either be 2+ years, or 6+ years… or more?? I'm leaning more towards the 2+ mark, but that's just me. Heaven help us if it's over that mark. If Hillary Clinton were to run and win, then fulfill a presidency, this country would really suffer. But like she says, "What difference does it make?!?" Ugh. [-( she makes me sick :ymsick:
Presidents are sworn in on January 21, not Jan 1.

Also I had read a nuclear strike on the U.S., not foreign troop invasion.
And I had not heard that "where people sit down to eat" specified, just that it was a holiday, personally I would not rule out New Years or even Jewish holidays.

I have seen more versions of this prophecy, some of the things you have mentioned are "new additions" (editions?), certainly various people have taken some artistic license and interpretation.

brianne541
captain of 100

Post by brianne541 »

I meant the first of the year speaking generally… I knew it was sometime in January.

Thanks for clearing up the details.

OCDMOM
captain of 1,000

Post by OCDMOM »

I think this could tie in with the George Albert Smith Prophecy. I'm reading "Understanding The Book of Revelation , " By Donald W. and Jay A. Parry.
On page 167 it talks about chapter 13 verse 3. "one of his heads as it were wounded to death deadly/ wound was healed.
All the world wondered after the beast. The people of the world see the healing of one of the heads of the beast and are amazed. Of course the people do not view the beast as a beast that is only a metaphor John uses to convey his message. Instead, the people are amazed by the power and resilience of king, kingdom or philosophy that the beast symbolizes. "
My favorite part is this." As an analogy, suppose that communism were to be revitalized and return to worldwide power after being repudiated in the early 1980's? That would be a source of wonderment to the world. That is only an analogy, not an interpretation of prophetic or future events."
Makes sense that the Soviet Union was thought to be broken and out of money. Then rises to power again.

brianne541
captain of 100

Post by brianne541 »

OCDMOM wrote:I think this could tie in with the George Albert Smith Prophecy. I'm reading "Understanding The Book of Revelation , " By Donald W. and Jay A. Parry.
On page 167 it talks about chapter 13 verse 3. "one of his heads as it were wounded to death deadly/ wound was healed.
All the world wondered after the beast. The people of the world see the healing of one of the heads of the beast and are amazed. Of course the people do not view the beast as a beast that is only a metaphor John uses to convey his message. Instead, the people are amazed by the power and resilience of king, kingdom or philosophy that the beast symbolizes. "
My favorite part is this." As an analogy, suppose that communism were to be revitalized and return to worldwide power after being repudiated in the early 1980's? That would be a source of wonderment to the world. That is only an analogy, not an interpretation of prophetic or future events."
Makes sense that the Soviet Union was thought to be broken and out of money. Then rises to power again.

I LOVED this book!

Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

Post by Kingdom of ZION »

There is a preacher out there that has been teaching judgments are coming. The has spoken to Congress and delivered his message. He speaks in 'Thus saith the Lord' statements...

He has been teaching that like Israel, how G_d will deals and bring judgments upon them every seven years (this is from Isaiah), he has and shall also deal with America in seven year intervals.

2001 world trade center
2008 economic collapse
2015 another judgment is coming!

I would have to go back and look up his name. I do not put much stock it timelines. But it might fit what your feeling O:-)

blamb
captain of 50

Post by blamb »

Probably Jonathan Cahn. He wrote a book called, "The Harbinger" that talks about the two economic collapses happening (2001 and 2008) on the last day of the month of the seven year cycle that debts were supposed to be forgiven in ancient Israel (29th day of Elul [Biblical Hebrew Calender]). That book is very interesting but a little hard to read since it is written in a narrative format and goes a little slow with a lot of repetition. The next one is in Sept 2015.

He made analogies about American and ancient Israel for when Israel was attacked once and then came back arrogantly stating that they would rebuild with hewn stone and cedars (Isaiah 9:10). They got in trouble because they didn't repent and were being arrogant. He said America was the same after 9/11 and actually many top US government leaders quoted Isaiah 9:10 thinking it was a motivational rallying cry instead of reading and seeing that the statement made by ancient Israel, and their lack of repentance, incurred the wrath of God and they were attacked again later and suffered much destruction.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Bananikka wrote:
Somebody said this somewhere and I meant I ask how they had come to that conclusion. (Maybe I missed that when I read it?) anyway, but I can't find where it was said now. So whoever said that, could you please explain? Thanks! :)
Don’t know about 2 ½ years but I have said many times on the forum I believe that at the end of the 3 ½ years of persecution of the saints that Daniel and John saw we will see WWIII. This in my view is what George Albert Smith saw. You can learn more about my views by reading “A Year With No Rainbow”. It’s a free download at http://www.ayearwithnorainbow.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by friendsofthe on August 3rd, 2014, 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bananikka
captain of 100

Post by Bananikka »

Persecution... I wonder what that means... :/

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

I thought we only had two years 8 years ago :-w

newportbeach
Hi, I'm new.

Post by newportbeach »

Link please to his prophecy. Thanks

Cowboy
captain of 100

Post by Cowboy »

blamb wrote:Probably Jonathan Cahn. He wrote a book called, "The Harbinger" that talks about the two economic collapses happening (2001 and 2008) on the last day of the month of the seven year cycle that debts were supposed to be forgiven in ancient Israel (29th day of Elul [Biblical Hebrew Calender]). That book is very interesting but a little hard to read since it is written in a narrative format and goes a little slow with a lot of repetition. The next one is in Sept 2015.

He made analogies about American and ancient Israel for when Israel was attacked once and then came back arrogantly stating that they would rebuild with hewn stone and cedars (Isaiah 9:10). They got in trouble because they didn't repent and were being arrogant. He said America was the same after 9/11 and actually many top US government leaders quoted Isaiah 9:10 thinking it was a motivational rallying cry instead of reading and seeing that the statement made by ancient Israel, and their lack of repentance, incurred the wrath of God and they were attacked again later and suffered much destruction.
I love this book. I highly recommend it.
+1

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

Another event that may occur before the "burning of Babylon" is the destruction of Damascus.

The sign of the Great Flood was the death of Methuselah (oldest man). The sign of the Great Burning may be Isaiah 17:1-3 which prophesies the end of Damascus (oldest city).

Isaiah says, "The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.....The fortress also shall cease from Ephraim," (Old Testament, Isaiah, Isaiah 17:1-3)

The suddeness of destruction is mentioned:
"And behold at eveningtide trouble; and before the morning he is not." (Old Testament, Isaiah, Isaiah 17:14)

Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

Post by Kingdom of ZION »

blamb wrote:Probably Jonathan Cahn. He wrote a book called, "The Harbinger" that talks about the two economic collapses happening (2001 and 2008) on the last day of the month of the seven year cycle that debts were supposed to be forgiven in ancient Israel (29th day of Elul [Biblical Hebrew Calender]). That book is very interesting but a little hard to read since it is written in a narrative format and goes a little slow with a lot of repetition. The next one is in Sept 2015.

Thats the person I was talking about. I do not put much stock in his words but those looking for something coming in the next few years might want to look into what he is saying...

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

I have said that I didn't think there would be a "call out". In truth, I don't know one way or another. But, I am not expecting one. If one does occur, I hope to be ready either way.

If there were to be a callout, an interesting possibility would be following the foretold destruction of Damascus (Isa 17:1). However, the Pres. George Albert Smith vison doesn't talk about a callout.

Sam_I_Am
captain of 10

Post by Sam_I_Am »

Here are all the known versions of the GAS Prophecy along with supporting quotes:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29728#p398842" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Eglantine
captain of 10

Post by Eglantine »

Latter-day Patriot wrote:I'm with brianne541. My wife and I have both received unmistakable spiritual promptings to prepare NOW. We have both felt the urgency to get our food storage and have started gathering supplies. We all need to be spiritually in-tune. Whether the First Presidency makes any clear and concise statements or not, ultimately, we need to be seeking our own personal revelations and direction from God. It is my personal belief that His elect are being awakened by the Spirit. It's up to us to act. This is part of the sifting within the Church. “He that hath ears to hear, let him hear” (Matthew 11:15). Look at the state of the world around us. The signs of the second coming are staring us directly in the face. Like brianne541 said, do not underestimate the things that are currently taking place. As members of the Church, we need to be actively seeking and recognizing these signs and getting our lives and houses in order, for the time to do so is very short, perhaps as short as one to two years.
That is scary because I had the same very strong impression. I don't know what is coming, but for some reason I need to work on my food storage. It has been like a pull and a push more than a fleeting idea. I live in the DC area so that scares me. I hope I will be prepared for whatever is coming. It could just be something personal, who knows? (that is scarier to me tbh)

boo
captain of 1,000

Post by boo »

Don't go to Utah. D&C112:25.You can come to AZ .NJB will take care of you.