New here

Tell us about yourself...
Mormon Rabbi
captain of 50

New here

Post by Mormon Rabbi »

Shalom! Looking forward to getting to know everyone and explore the forum. Israelite Convert to Mormonism.

RyanK
captain of 100

Re: New here

Post by RyanK »

Welcome, friend.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Welcome!

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

I think there may be a type and shadow of things to come when the people of Mulek (Judah) became Nephites (Ephraim).

Here you have the son of Zedekiah and King Zarahemla. The Nephites were fleeing their land and were received by the Mulekites who were twice as numerous as the Nephites. However, we read how King Zarahemla peacefully conceeds his throne to King Mosiah.

How could this happen? The people of Mulek recognized the tokens and signs of the holy priesthood. At that time it was the Nephite ark of the covenent: Brass Plates, Liahona, Urim and Thummin, Sword of Laban.

Of course Ezekiel 37 also says Judah and Joseph will be one nation again.

Elias Returns
captain of 100

Post by Elias Returns »

Shalom blessed Brother!

WarMonger
captain of 100

Post by WarMonger »

Shabbat Shalom, how long you been a member?

Did you ever manage to get a Book of Mormon in Hebrew, many years ago had a massive struggle to get a Hebrew edition. Had to go to extra ordinary lengths but got one in the end.

Mormon Rabbi
captain of 50

Post by Mormon Rabbi »

I have been a member since 1989 and been in UT since 1992. I do have a B of M in Hebrew. It was put out by the RLDS and really screws up the poetic structures of the text. I actually have friend in Israel who is working with a group to translate the B of M correctly into Hebrew.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Mormon Rabbi wrote:I have been a member since 1989 and been in UT since 1992. I do have a B of M in Hebrew. It was put out by the RLDS and really screws up the poetic structures of the text. I actually have friend in Israel who is working with a group to translate the B of M correctly into Hebrew.
That is wonderful! I have been studying Avraham Gileadi's commentaries on Isaiah and they have opened up my eyes to a new depth and breadth in understanding Isaiah. I would love to know your thoughts/opinions on his works if you are familiar with them. I also look forward scriptural insights from your unique perspective. Glad you're here!

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robert Sinclair »

Wonderful to have your thoughts for further enlightenment. Looking forward to seeing your posts. Are you a literal decendant of the tribe of Levi by any chance?

Mormon Rabbi
captain of 50

Post by Mormon Rabbi »

coachmarc wrote:
Mormon Rabbi wrote:I have been a member since 1989 and been in UT since 1992. I do have a B of M in Hebrew. It was put out by the RLDS and really screws up the poetic structures of the text. I actually have friend in Israel who is working with a group to translate the B of M correctly into Hebrew.
That is wonderful! I have been studying Avraham Gileadi's commentaries on Isaiah and they have opened up my eyes to a new depth and breadth in understanding Isaiah. I would love to know your thoughts/opinions on his works if you are familiar with them. I also look forward scriptural insights from your unique perspective. Glad you're here!
I do know Avraham. His work is amazing on Isaiah.

Mormon Rabbi
captain of 50

Post by Mormon Rabbi »

Robert Sinclair wrote:Wonderful to have your thoughts for further enlightenment. Looking forward to seeing your posts. Are you a literal decendant of the tribe of Levi by any chance?
Part of my family line is. One line is also supposed to run through King David. Gotta love genealogy. My Mothers mother is Jewish but my mother's father is European with Native American mixed in. So I guess all in all I am an Israelite Mutt. :D

The patriarch in the Church (without knowing my family history) declared by of Judah through the Royal Lineage and Ephraim. Darn it-- I wish some of those Royal perks and Israelite Treasures had passed down my way. ;)

Mormon Rabbi
captain of 50

Post by Mormon Rabbi »

By the way guys. My use of the screen name Mormon Rabbi is not meant to be a statement that I declare myself to be a teacher of Mormons. It really is just a screen name based upon a joke as my friends call me Rabbi Rob :)) Anyway. I hope that whatever insights I can share regarding Hebrew Roots is helpful and beneficial to those interested. Shalom

RPJR
captain of 10

Post by RPJR »

Welcome!

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

I have enjoyed Avraham's books and recordings for many years, and have also studied Jewish traditions with intent to understand the LDS temple more fully. It is so good to have you here on the forum!! I look forward to your insight.

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

MormomRabbi, I think you can be a great asset to the Form. You will bring a unique perspective.