Julie Rowe is writing a second book!

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Sunshine2014
captain of 10

Julie Rowe is writing a second book!

Post by Sunshine2014 »

Sometimes I frequent the Mills Crenshaw K-Talk radio archives to scope out NDE interviews. I was surprised to find that he has recently conducted a second interview with Julie Rowe the author of A Greater Tomorrow where she announces her new book coming out this fall. She also offers some additional info/clarification pertaining to the last days in the interview. I was just wondering if anyone else had heard this interview and the announcement of her new book and whether they think it adds to or takes away from her credibility? Or if anyone has thoughts in general about Julie or her experience?

brianne541
captain of 100

Re: Julie Rowe is writing a second book!

Post by brianne541 »

Listened to the entire thing and loved it! I love the idea of her writing another book specifically for her readers and answering their direct questions about what she was shown. I was touched quite a few times while listening to her on the show, and believe her 1000%. I love how she always puts a positive spin on things, and turns things that could be fearful into faith-building statements and comments. She's awesome :) She disclosed some pretty good clues as to how soon things could get ugly… I took it as next year, and into 2016 (before the election), but not more than 4-5 years away. I have always had 2015 in my head, but that's just me probably either over and under calculating things… No one really knows. I did have a bit of an "lightbulb" moment the other day tho. I was remembering in one of the dreams I had in early 2013 about my area being hit by an earthquake I saw entire neighborhoods the homes in flames. In my dream I remember seeing new homes on a hillside bench out in Washington fields that were all on fire also. In 2013 one of the hillsides was still an undeveloped area. This last spring they completed the lots, and started selling them. There are now homes being built on them. My guess is that they will be completed in the next 6-12 months. Nothing to be scared about, just one more indicator to me that things are getting closer.

Oh, and I also wanna add that I feel that the homes that were on fire in my dream was due to natural gas lines exploding. Find out where your gas shutoff valve is that is in your home, and even better where it is on the outside so you can shut it completely off to your home if an earthquake strikes. Just felt like I needed to share that… ;)

Bill
captain of 50

Post by Bill »

I have had a couple of dreams about flooding in the SL Valley and problems with latinos when things go bad; but not enough to write a book.

Bill
captain of 50

Post by Bill »

sen6b wrote:The only dreams I have are about dinosaurs. :( I REALLY hope they don't come true.

I laughed in the interview when Julie asked where the T-Rex's went in heaven.

I used to dream that Godzilla was in my bedroom closet...when I was about 5-6 (must have seen the Japanese movie on TV).

brianne541
captain of 100

Post by brianne541 »

Bill wrote:I have had a couple of dreams about flooding in the SL Valley and problems with latinos when things go bad; but not enough to write a book.

Would you feel comfortable sharing your dream? I would love to hear!

brianne541
captain of 100

Post by brianne541 »

sen6b wrote:I've had the same dream since I was 5.

Well it could be significant?!? @-) :-\ :-s

Please share??

Bill
captain of 50

Post by Bill »

brianne541 wrote:
Bill wrote:I have had a couple of dreams about flooding in the SL Valley and problems with latinos when things go bad; but not enough to write a book.

Would you feel comfortable sharing your dream? I would love to hear!

Sure, I will put it together sometime and post.

brianne541
captain of 100

Post by brianne541 »

Awesome. Can't wait!

Bill
captain of 50

Post by Bill »

brianne541 wrote:Awesome. Can't wait!

It started with a herd of large Tyrannosaurs Rex's invading Clinton Utah.

Oh no. Isn't that where Sen6b lives???

mattctr
captain of 100

Post by mattctr »

I listened to her second interview. I am halfway through her first one. I don't know what to think. She sounds sincere enough, so I will give her the benefit of the doubt. Her main message of spiritual and physical preparation "now" is hard to argue with.

I would be curious to hear her thoughts on John & Spencer's book as well as Denver Snuffer. How do people reconcile the differences between these messages/messengers? Some promote an LDS church-centric view, telling people word will come down from Salt Lake just in the knick of time, while Denver warns people not to trust the arm of the flesh and seek God for themselves.

Are they at odds, or are both messages intended to help save? Is the house divided against itself? Is one of these views right and the other wrong, or is there a broader view that allows all of these messages/messengers to fit in truth? Sounds a lot like the dilemma Joseph Smith felt about the varying voices at his time, doesn't it?
In the midst of this war of words and tumult of opinions, I often said to myself: What is to be done? Who of all these parties are right; or, are they all wrong together? If any one of them be right, which is it, and how shall I know it?
How do the rest of you reconcile these differences? How do these individuals see others whose message may differ or seem to differ some?

First Nephi 1 speaks of many prophets in the land, so I am open to the idea that many messengers may offer many messages to reach as many different people as possible--even if they take different angles?

Did Julie see Denver Snuffer (or others like him) in her vision? Can she comment about him, knowing that many good people have gravitated to him as a source of truth?

e-eye
captain of 100

Post by e-eye »

mattctr wrote:I listened to her second interview. I am halfway through her first one. I don't know what to think. She sounds sincere enough, so I will give her the benefit of the doubt. Her main message of spiritual and physical preparation "now" is hard to argue with.

I would be curious to hear her thoughts on John & Spencer's book as well as Denver Snuffer. How do people reconcile the differences between these messages/messengers? Some promote an LDS church-centric view, telling people word will come down from Salt Lake just in the knick of time, while Denver warns people not to trust the arm of the flesh and seek God for themselves.

Are they at odds, or are both messages intended to help save? Is the house divided against itself? Is one of these views right and the other wrong, or is there a broader view that allows all of these messages/messengers to fit in truth? Sounds a lot like the dilemma Joseph Smith felt about the varying voices at his time, doesn't it?

How do the rest of you reconcile these differences? How do these individuals see others whose message may differ or seem to differ some?

First Nephi 1 speaks of many prophets in the land, so I am open to the idea that many messengers may offer many messages to reach as many different people as possible--even if they take different angles?

Did Julie see Denver Snuffer (or others like him) in her vision? Can she comment about him, knowing that many good people have gravitated to him as a source of truth?

Julie talked about the sifting and how she saw that people pretty much sifted themselves out of the church and it's not just one specific thing that sifts the church. From the eyes of someone who thinks we have a living prophet that holds the keys I think some of the DS group has already or is sifting themselves and there is the ordain women group along with hundreds of other reasons people have left the church. I don't think Julie Rowe's message conflicts with the church. I don't think Visions of Glory does either. We need personal revelation and a prophet they are both important. Many people are already being called to move to different places from the spirit and the church leaders may make a call out and maybe they won't I am not too worried about it.

She posted here a few times but I would be surprised if she came back. You may want to try and facebook her or email her and ask her personally she may be more willing to discuss it.

Personally I enjoyed the interviews and I enjoyed VOG. I don't take them as scripture. Much of what is shared we have heard before in one way or another so eventually they come to pass. It seems like many of us (including myself) sit around enjoying the speculation and are waiting for the action to kickoff - It's like Christmas eve as a kid without a clock (the longest night ever)

Bananikka
captain of 100

Post by Bananikka »

Why would she mention a specific church member? She made mention of the prophet, that should be what we care about, shouldn't it?
[flash=][/flash]
mattctr wrote:I listened to her second interview. I am halfway through her first one. I don't know what to think. She sounds sincere enough, so I will give her the benefit of the doubt. Her main message of spiritual and physical preparation "now" is hard to argue with.

I would be curious to hear her thoughts on John & Spencer's book as well as Denver Snuffer. How do people reconcile the differences between these messages/essengers? Some promote an LDS church-centric view, telling people word will come down from Salt Lake just in the knick of time, while Denver warns people not to trust the arm of the flesh and seek God for themselves.

In the midst of this war of words and tumult of opinions, I often said to myself: What is to be done? Who of all these parties are right; or, are they all wrong together? If any one of them be right, which is it, and how shall I know it?

Gideon
captain of 100

Post by Gideon »

sen6b wrote:In her book she talks repeatedly about how we need to be living such a life that we can be in tune with the spirit at all times. To me the way she says it insinuates that we are in some way going to have to rely on the promptings of the spirit to know what to do, and that us we aren't in tune we will be left in the dark. That's not to say that there won't be some instructing from the church.

That is one of the books messages that hit me the hardest.
This is consistent with her speech in Logan on 7/16.

North_Star
captain of 100

Post by North_Star »

fwiw

http://denversnuffer.blogspot.com/2014/ ... erday.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"just like in Kirtland, there are many unclean spirits who will deceive you. Unless you anchor what you are taught in the scriptures, and require all truth to measure up, you can be deceived. That is as true now as then. Some people are so thrilled by having any spiritual experience that they accept anything.

Lying spirits appeal to your pride and vanity. God will chasten you and require you to be meek and serve both Him and your fellow man. Lying spirits will tell you that you are some great and mighty person. God will remind you that only He is strong, but He uses the weak things of this world to accomplish His work. Therefore, no one can take credit but Him for whatever is accomplished.

Proud, foolish and vain people have never built Zion. Only the penitent, the meek, and the humble can qualify to be around as God does His work."

e-eye
captain of 100

Post by e-eye »

North_Star wrote:fwiw

http://denversnuffer.blogspot.com/2014/ ... erday.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"just like in Kirtland, there are many unclean spirits who will deceive you. Unless you anchor what you are taught in the scriptures, and require all truth to measure up, you can be deceived. That is as true now as then. Some people are so thrilled by having any spiritual experience that they accept anything.

Lying spirits appeal to your pride and vanity. God will chasten you and require you to be meek and serve both Him and your fellow man. Lying spirits will tell you that you are some great and mighty person. God will remind you that only He is strong, but He uses the weak things of this world to accomplish His work. Therefore, no one can take credit but Him for whatever is accomplished.

Proud, foolish and vain people have never built Zion. Only the penitent, the meek, and the humble can qualify to be around as God does His work."

ironic

notjamesbond003.5
captain of 1,000

Post by notjamesbond003.5 »

Matt

I have a lot of the same questions.
I think everyone will be reconciled eventually even told Denver this.

Njb

gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden2.0 »

Am listening to the 2nd interview with her. At one point someone asks about 9/11. It appears part of her answer was cut out so I couldn't understand what she said. What was her response?

brianne541
captain of 100

Post by brianne541 »

gruden2.0 wrote:Am listening to the 2nd interview with her. At one point someone asks about 9/11. It appears part of her answer was cut out so I couldn't understand what she said. What was her response?
If I remember right, she said (in her own way…) that it was a type of "false flag" and that the gadiantons in our government were involved.

Bananikka
captain of 100

Post by Bananikka »

What is this? Why are there so many people here acting like this Snuffer person is a prophet? Wasn't he excommunicated? Is that not a red flag to anybody? Aren't we members of the church? That he was excommunicated from? I am so confused. If our church is wrong then shouldn't Mr Snuffer and his followers begin their own? What a cold bad feeling I get just seeing this, I won't even look at his page or read the quotes people post of his, it's too creepy to me. Sorry!

mattctr
captain of 100

Post by mattctr »

Bananikka wrote:What is this? Why are there so many people here acting like this Snuffer person is a prophet? Wasn't he excommunicated? Is that not a red flag to anybody? Aren't we members of the church? That he was excommunicated from? I am so confused. If our church is wrong then shouldn't Mr Snuffer and his followers begin their own? What a cold bad feeling I get just seeing this, I won't even look at his page or read the quotes people post of his, it's too creepy to me. Sorry!
I understand how you might feel that way, and I don't blame you for it. A lot of people were reading Snuffer's books and blog before he was excommunicated and found them to be helpful/interesting. Watching the process has been interesting to say the least. As we seek truth, light and knowledge from on high, we might find ourselves confused from time to time. Instead of a knee-jerk reaction to things, I give people the benefit of the doubt until I can receive a witness or direction from the Lord. Hence my above post. I'm trying to come to terms with or reconcile all of the testimonies that are being offered in these days. Because I care deeply about my faith, the restoration, and coming unto Christ, I am deeply interested in all of the voices making bold claims or statements relevant to these. Hence, my struggle to understand how it all fits together. My feelings echo Joseph's words about his struggle to know what was from God. Just because someone is still LDS does not guarantee that their message is true, and just because someone is not LDS does not instantly dismiss their message as false. I want to understand and discern the truth of these things--not just sleep at the controls with autopilot. But, I totally get your reaction to my question/concern. I hope you'll forgive me.

e-eye
captain of 100

Post by e-eye »

Bananikka wrote:What is this? Why are there so many people here acting like this Snuffer person is a prophet? Wasn't he excommunicated? Is that not a red flag to anybody? Aren't we members of the church? That he was excommunicated from? I am so confused. If our church is wrong then shouldn't Mr Snuffer and his followers begin their own? What a cold bad feeling I get just seeing this, I won't even look at his page or read the quotes people post of his, it's too creepy to me. Sorry!
Why? Oh boy you just stepped on a lot of feet with that question. Easy I have seen people get banned here for saying nicer things about snuffer :((

The truth is there are a bunch of people who believe in his words, some who even think he is a prophet. I am sure knowing if they disagreed or agreed with Snuffer would sway their thoughts on if they were telling the truth or not.

Gideon
captain of 100

Post by Gideon »

notjamesbond003.5 wrote:

Matt

I have a lot of the same questions.
I think everyone will be reconciled eventually even told Denver this.

Njb
At one point she was asked if Mohamed was a true prophet or confused, or something like that, and she paused for a while and then said that answering that question was not part of her mission. I would think the same would be true of Denver Snuffer.

Her mission seems to be to get people ready for what is about to happen to all of us.

notjamesbond003.5
captain of 1,000

Post by notjamesbond003.5 »

gruden2.0 wrote:Am listening to the 2nd interview with her. At one point someone asks about 9/11. It appears part of her answer was cut out so I couldn't understand what she said. What was her response?

I think she alluded to Gadiatons or having a part in/of it or something, not a full out conspiracy, but there were some embedded bad folk involved-correct me if I'm wrong.

I notice she's extremely cautious on what she dispenses.

njb

Bill
captain of 50

Post by Bill »

At one point she was asked if Mohamed was a true prophet or confused, or something like that, and she paused for a while and then said that answering that question was not part of her mission.
I think the expanded version of that response is: "suicide is not part of my mission."

gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden2.0 »

Bananikka wrote:Why are there so many people here acting like this Snuffer person is a prophet? Wasn't he excommunicated? Is that not a red flag to anybody?
Not to me. The modern day label of 'excommunicated' is to me (in some cases) an updated label the Nephites used of 'he hath a devil' that conveniently marginalizes someone who espouses inconvenient ideas. At several points while reading some of his books the Spirit manifested to me strongly that his writings were not just good but full of goodness and the Lord approved, so that's where I stand.

Thanks for those that answered my 9/11 question. She is definitely very circumspect when it comes to exposing things of darkness. As a mother of 3 kids I couldn't blame her. I'm sure she has aroused some attention already.