Please submit SUGGESTIONS for improvements to the Forum...

How can we improve the forum? Need help with something on the forum?
creator
(of the Forum)

Re: Please submit SUGGESTIONS for improvements to the Forum...

Post by creator »

oneClimbs wrote: January 23rd, 2020, 10:07 amI submitted some updates to Brother B. to fix the notifications and make them more visible both in the dropdown and in the main list.
Thanks again!

I thanked you in that other thread as well:
Brother B. wrote: January 22nd, 2020, 10:58 pm I just added some additional design tweaks, contributed by forum member oneClimbs! Much appreciation to him.
I appreciate it.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

nightlight wrote: January 22nd, 2020, 11:28 pm I need to be able to see, under the title of threads , the last person to post....TIME&DATE
Like the old format please.
Are you on mobile or desktop? (It is showing that info currently for desktop).

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Brother B. wrote: January 23rd, 2020, 11:02 am
nightlight wrote: January 22nd, 2020, 11:28 pm I need to be able to see, under the title of threads , the last person to post....TIME&DATE
Are you on mobile or desktop? (It is showing that info currently for desktop).
Mobile.

It shows it when i go into Latests Posts, but that's the only place where it comes up.

Maybe it's just my phone

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

I like the latest upgrade better than the last one.

I noticed you took the thanks button away. That is probably a good thing, as long as people who don't get replies understand that there may have been many who have read and appreciated their posts.

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

Brother B. wrote: January 23rd, 2020, 10:59 am
oneClimbs wrote: January 23rd, 2020, 10:07 amI submitted some updates to Brother B. to fix the notifications and make them more visible both in the dropdown and in the main list.
Thanks again!

I thanked you in that other thread as well:
Brother B. wrote: January 22nd, 2020, 10:58 pm I just added some additional design tweaks, contributed by forum member oneClimbs! Much appreciation to him.
I appreciate it.
Sure thing. Been here a long time. I appreciate you being willing to run this thing and take suggestions. If anyone sees anything else that doesn't look/function right, we can keep tweaking it. If I think of anything else I'll send updates in PMs.

mahalanobis
captain of 1,000

Post by mahalanobis »

I'd like to be able to change my username.

I understand that if everyone changed their name all the time it would get confusing, but I'm talking about a 1-time change. In my case, I'd be shortening my username to the first word since it's so long.

(as of this post, my username is 2 words, for all you folks in the future reading this after I get my way ;) )

mahalanobis
captain of 1,000

Post by mahalanobis »

The scroll bar is nearly invisible for me. Makes it hard to see how far down the page I am (or how long the page is).

I recognize that this may be browser-specific. If so, just ignore this. Maybe someone can confirm?

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Mahalanobis Distance wrote: January 24th, 2020, 10:46 pm The scroll bar is nearly invisible for me. Makes it hard to see how far down the page I am (or how long the page is).

I recognize that this may be browser-specific. If so, just ignore this. Maybe someone can confirm?
I'm on a laptop, Firefox browser. The scroll bar is a medium-dark gray and I can see it okay. It may not be very visible on a phone, though.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Mahalanobis Distance wrote: January 24th, 2020, 10:42 pm I'd like to be able to change my username.
I don't think changing a username has ever been a problem. When The Creator notices your post (or you send him a pm), he'll probably change it.

(Edited to reflect Brother B's username change.)
Last edited by Silver Pie on January 24th, 2020, 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mahalanobis
captain of 1,000

Post by mahalanobis »

Silver Pie wrote: January 24th, 2020, 10:58 pm
Mahalanobis Distance wrote: January 24th, 2020, 10:46 pm The scroll bar is nearly invisible for me. Makes it hard to see how far down the page I am (or how long the page is).

I'm on a laptop, Firefox browser. The scroll bar is a medium-dark gray and I can see it okay. It may not be very visible on a phone, though.
Yeah, I suspect this one is browser-specific and is a me-problem.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Mahalanobis Distance wrote: January 24th, 2020, 11:02 pmYeah, I suspect this one is browser-specific and is a me-problem.
Yes, that would be browser specific, since I'm not doing anything specifically to change the scrollbar.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Unfortunately I have been unable to adjust to the new format, which is why I have not posted much since the change.

NewEliza
captain of 1,000

Post by NewEliza »

Suggestion Alert!!!

Can there be a way to ‘mention‘ people in a post if you want them to see it but aren’t quoting them?

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

NewEliza wrote: September 13th, 2020, 4:19 pm Suggestion Alert!!!

Can there be a way to ‘mention‘ people in a post if you want them to see it but aren’t quoting them?
A "tag" system...I like it.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

NewEliza wrote: September 13th, 2020, 4:19 pm Suggestion Alert!!!

I've wished I've had this a few times. I know Discourse has it, but I don't know how viable it would be to try to make one with whatever base this forum is. If it can be done, it would be awesome!

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

I would like to actually see "My posts" come up when I click on 'My posts". Now, all I'm seeing are threads that may contain one or more of my posts. This would be very useful, just to check on traffic coming after you make a post.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

My suggestion: make me admin

Zathura
Follow the Prophet

Post by Zathura »

There are people who make threads and just post a youtube video with no comment.

Plead please please require them to provide enough information about the video so that we know what it is. Like a TLDR that summarizes what the entire videos is about but you need to watch the video to get the details. 9 times out of 10 Im interested in a post but immediately leave when I see it's just another YouTube video with no description. No doubt others do the same thing

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

larsenb wrote: September 18th, 2020, 3:00 pm I would like to actually see "My posts" come up when I click on 'My posts". Now, all I'm seeing are threads that may contain one or more of my posts. This would be very useful, just to check on traffic coming after you make a post.
Agreed, but still keep the one we have now as well, I like being able to find a comment of mine from ages ago

So have two different "my posts"

Maybe call the other one "created posts by me" or something

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

This idea isn't original with me.
I think that anyone reporting a post in order to get the poster disciplined (warning, outerdarkness.... whatever) should receive an automatic time-out from the forum of 10 days.
That way, we can remove most of the unjustified and malicious Stasi-esque reporting.
I was once a victim of this. I had done nothing wrong really, the other party just took a dislike to me and reported me over something and nothing. I got a warning over complete nonsense, while the other party, who had been happy to call me all the names under the sun, got away scot free.
There needs to be a system in place which requires a price from the informant, thus ensuring that only the most deserving cases are reported.

Zathura
Follow the Prophet

Post by Zathura »

Robin Hood wrote: September 20th, 2020, 2:44 am This idea isn't original with me.
I think that anyone reporting a post in order to get the poster disciplined (warning, outerdarkness.... whatever) should receive an automatic time-out from the forum of 10 days.
That way, we can remove most of the unjustified and malicious Stasi-esque reporting.
I was once a victim of this. I had done nothing wrong really, the other party just took a dislike to me and reported me over something and nothing. I got a warning over complete nonsense, while the other party, who had been happy to call me all the names under the sun, got away scot free.
There needs to be a system in place which requires a price from the informant, thus ensuring that only the most deserving cases are reported.
LOL

For sure. Like that one poster who called me a beta male &#%!, being told repeatedly that I am not a disciple of Christ. I most definitely should have been punished myself for eventually choosing to report him after months of this type of aggression. For surrrre.

What kind of a suggestion is that. Punish people who are legitimately being harrassed who finally choose to do something about it. Brian let's all sorts of stuff slide before be finally bans someone. If someone got banned, they've been told over and over and over to stop by mods. It's their fault they act like an actual child and can't behave after being Informed multiple times that they need to stop. If someone is reported and it's not necessary, then the mods obviously disregard it. There's no problem here.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

larsenb wrote: September 18th, 2020, 3:00 pm I would like to actually see "My posts" come up when I click on 'My posts". Now, all I'm seeing are threads that may contain one or more of my posts. This would be very useful, just to check on traffic coming after you make a post.
Try using the search feature:

search.php

1. Search for author
2. First post of topics only
3. Display as "Topics"

Zathura
Follow the Prophet

Post by Zathura »

Brian's comment is what I do to search my posts ^^

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Robin Hood wrote: September 20th, 2020, 2:44 amThere needs to be a system in place which requires a price from the informant, thus ensuring that only the most deserving cases are reported.
There are already too few people who actually report posts. I don't want to punish people for it. I appreciate the posts warnings that do come in, it has helped to deal with some problematic people. If you're typically well-behaved and happen to get a warning here and there, it's not a big deal. The main purpose is to deal with those who repeatedly violate forum rules (usually any actual banning that happens involves people who resort to personal attacks in a lot of their posts).

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Zathura wrote: September 20th, 2020, 8:23 amBrian let's all sorts of stuff slide before be finally bans someone. If someone got banned, they've been told over and over and over to stop by mods. It's their fault they act like an actual child and can't behave after being Informed multiple times that they need to stop. If someone is reported and it's not necessary, then the mods obviously disregard it. There's no problem here.
#thetruth