Please submit SUGGESTIONS for improvements to the Forum...

How can we improve the forum? Need help with something on the forum?
iamse7en
captain of 1,000

Re: Please submit SUGGESTIONS for improvements to the Forum.

Post by iamse7en »

Is there a way to remove a thread from the "View your posts" list? For example, I stupidly responded to one of Janadele's annoying threads (That's life), and she updates it several times a day. It's just clutter in my "view your posts" section, which is what I use a lot. If not, then this would be a suggestion to improve the forum! Thank you.

Rand
captain of 1,000

Post by Rand »

I would love to see a "My scriptural insight of the day" thread where people can submit their latest ahha's or insights as taught by the spirit. It's hard to tell someone they are wrong with that type of insight, and yet, I would love to read others insights.

linj2fly
captain of 1,000

Post by linj2fly »

Rand wrote:I would love to see a "My scriptural insight of the day" thread where people can submit their latest ahha's or insights as taught by the spirit. It's hard to tell someone they are wrong with that type of insight, and yet, I would love to read others insights.
ditto!

Squally
captain of 1,000

Post by Squally »

iamse7en wrote:Is there a way to remove a thread from the "View your posts" list? For example, I stupidly responded to one of Janadele's annoying threads (That's life), and she updates it several times a day. It's just clutter in my "view your posts" section, which is what I use a lot. If not, then this would be a suggestion to improve the forum! Thank you.
Yes, I did the same thing with "poker and the art of war" about a year ago not realizing that the person who posted this would never let the thread die and would constatnly post stuff daily. And now it always comes up as "view your posts" section.
Same problem with "vaccine war in cardston county".

*********Just be warned to never post anything on a thread that dconrad starts. He plans to use the same thread for ten years most likely, or until he dies (whichever comes first). And once you have posted on it you are tied to it for life. Almost tempts me to start over with a new identity/screename******************

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Squally wrote:
iamse7en wrote:Is there a way to remove a thread from the "View your posts" list? For example, I stupidly responded to one of Janadele's annoying threads (That's life), and she updates it several times a day. It's just clutter in my "view your posts" section, which is what I use a lot. If not, then this would be a suggestion to improve the forum! Thank you.
Yes, I did the same thing with "poker and the art of war" about a year ago not realizing that the person who posted this would never let the thread die and would constatnly post stuff daily. And now it always comes up as "view your posts" section.
You can easily unsubscribe from a thread.... visit the thread and scroll down to the very bottom and click "unsubscribe topic". (if you're using the new forum style).

Squally
captain of 1,000

Post by Squally »

BrianM wrote:
Squally wrote:
You can easily unsubscribe from a thread.... visit the thread and scroll down to the very bottom and click "unsubscribe topic". (if you're using the new forum style).
Thanks, I'll give it a try.

dtanner
captain of 100

Post by dtanner »

Homeschool please...

iamse7en
captain of 1,000

Post by iamse7en »

BrianM wrote:You can easily unsubscribe from a thread.... visit the thread and scroll down to the very bottom and click "unsubscribe topic". (if you're using the new forum style).
All I see is "Subscribe topic," not unsubscribe. Thanks.

jdtech
captain of 100

Post by jdtech »

Here is a suggestion for you:

In the "Latest Posts" page it would be really nice to have a "First Unread Post" link for each topic. This would allow me to go straight to the first unread post in that topic, rather than needing to first open the topic. It would save a click on the way into the topic, and another on the way back.

iamse7en
captain of 1,000

Post by iamse7en »

jdtech wrote:Here is a suggestion for you:

In the "Latest Posts" page it would be really nice to have a "First Unread Post" link for each topic. This would allow me to go straight to the first unread post in that topic, rather than needing to first open the topic. It would save a click on the way into the topic, and another on the way back.
Thought not exactly what you're looking for, I've found the best thing to do is, click the "View the latest post" button, as red-arrowed here:

It takes you to the last post on a thread, then you can scroll up to find where you last read...

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Re: Please submit SUGGESTIONS for improvements to the Forum...

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Perhaps code Amazon Affiliate tags to help pay operating costs.
[Amazon] https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06VS ... =UTF8&th=1[\Amazon]

Something like that. :mrgreen:

Prolly display title text too, such as Lipotriad Complete Dry Eye Relief Pack in this instance.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

It would really be nice if I could edit my old posts when necessary.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

It think a dream/vision thread would be interesting. Either for spiritual dreams only or for any dreams in general.

righteousrepublic
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by righteousrepublic »

Brother B. wrote: November 2nd, 2006, 3:16 pm I am looking for any ideas/comments/advice/suggestions you might have regarding how we can improve the forum.

Do you think that there should be more topics added to the main page http://www.LatterdayConservative.com/forum ?

Right now the forum is divided into a small amount of topics.. "God, Family, Country" + "Last Days Events / Information / Preparation" + "Ether 8 - Secret Combinations" + 2006 Elections + 2008 Elections + Introduce yourself... + Off Topic / Miscellaneous Discussion + Events, Meetings, Lectures, etc...

What additional topics should be added to the main page?

Any other suggestions?
You have a little red square for unread messages. Could you have maybe a secondary way to identify locked threads, the lock is very hard to see? Perhaps the lock itself could be green or some other color.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Old format!! :)

And "Thank you" button.

righteousrepublic
Level 34 Illuminated

JohnnyL wrote: January 22nd, 2020, 4:40 pm Old format!! :)

And "Thank you" button.
+1

I want the old format as well, it is much easier to read and navigate.

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

I'm cringing a little on these new colors Brother B.

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

Overall, I like the new design, but I'd make a couple of changes to the color palette and some tweaks here and there. The main background color I'm using is #1a2d5a. I've removed the border-radius from the avatar in the top right. I've also added some softened tops to some of the headers here and there. Various margins have been adjusted as have the main link color which I made #111 and would suggest a light blue on hover like a #1856cc. The gray body text has been darkened slightly to #777 which is more legible.

I could probably make many more suggestions but that's just off the top of my head.
Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 10.28.12 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 10.28.12 PM.png (506.12 KiB) Viewed 2139 times

righteousrepublic
Level 34 Illuminated

oneClimbs wrote: January 22nd, 2020, 9:28 pm Overall, I like the new design, but I'd make a couple of changes to the color palette and some tweaks here and there. The main background color I'm using is #1a2d5a. I've removed the border-radius from the avatar in the top right. I've also added some softened tops to some of the headers here and there. Various margins have been adjusted as have the main link color which I made #111 and would suggest a light blue on hover like a #1856cc. The gray body text has been darkened slightly to #777 which is more legible.

I could probably make many more suggestions but that's just off the top of my head.

What color would you choose for the lock in the locked threads? The lock is very hard to see.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

I need to be able to see, under the title of threads , the last person to post....TIME&DATE
Like the old format please.

scottja
captain of 100

Post by scottja »

A way to block or hide threads would be nice.
I can unsubscribe, but the threads still show up in the latest search.

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

righteousrepublic wrote: January 22nd, 2020, 10:51 pm
oneClimbs wrote: January 22nd, 2020, 9:28 pm Overall, I like the new design, but I'd make a couple of changes to the color palette and some tweaks here and there. The main background color I'm using is #1a2d5a. I've removed the border-radius from the avatar in the top right. I've also added some softened tops to some of the headers here and there. Various margins have been adjusted as have the main link color which I made #111 and would suggest a light blue on hover like a #1856cc. The gray body text has been darkened slightly to #777 which is more legible.

What color would you choose for the lock in the locked threads? The lock is very hard to see.
Assuming that we can use a different icon there, how about something like this?
locked.jpg
locked.jpg (54.8 KiB) Viewed 2098 times

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

Brian,

Thank you for the forum and the work you do.

With the new upgrade I find it hard to tell the difference between read and unread messages in notifications. Could you please make it a little more obvious in both the notifications page and in the new notification dropdown menu.

Thank you,
MES5464

righteousrepublic
Level 34 Illuminated

oneClimbs wrote: January 23rd, 2020, 7:44 am
righteousrepublic wrote: January 22nd, 2020, 10:51 pm

Assuming that we can use a different icon there, how about something like this?
locked.jpg
excellent

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

mes5464 wrote: January 23rd, 2020, 8:24 am Brian,

Thank you for the forum and the work you do.

With the new upgrade I find it hard to tell the difference between read and unread messages in notifications. Could you please make it a little more obvious in both the notifications page and in the new notification dropdown menu.

Thank you,
MES5464
I submitted some updates to Brother B. to fix the notifications and make them more visible both in the dropdown and in the main list.