Julie Rowe - Author of "A Greater Tomorrow"

Tell us about yourself...
jkrowe
captain of 50

Julie Rowe - Author of "A Greater Tomorrow"

Post by jkrowe »

Hi, my name is Julie Rowe.

I recently learned of this site and decided that I would check it out. From what I can tell so far, it looks like there are some very interesting topics and posts. I am looking forward to learning more here. Don't know how much time I will have to get on here, but hopefully every now and then.

I am leaving out of town tomorrow and will be gone the rest of July visiting family and friends etc.

As I was looking at this site, I came across some posts regarding my new book that was just released in May 2014. It is titled, "A Greater Tomorrow" and it is about my 2004 NDE.

I want to thank those who have posted about my book. I appreciate the discussions and am grateful for those who have taken the time to post.

I am very happy to hear that some of you have read my book. Although I am not a great writer, I am grateful the Lord gave me the opportunity to share a little of my experience, and that I have had the blessing and opportunity to witness and testify of some of the things I was shown.

For the most part I have had very positive responses to my book, although I recognize it is not going to resonate with everyone and that in some cases there are and will be those who are not open to what I share in the book. This is okay. I am not bothered by this, because I know that we each have our own paths and that the Lord instructs us individually as He sees fit and as we need.

I do feel prompted to share with you, however, that prior to writing the book, while writing the book, and many times since then - as I have struggled with many different feelings and emotions about writing such a personal and sacred experience and knowing my own weaknesses and insecurities - over and over and over again the Lord has continued to comfort me and remind me of a few very important and specific things. They are:

1) This is not a scholarly piece
2) This is not a historical piece
3) This is not a creative writing piece
4) This is my experience and it is to be shared simply, directly, honestly, and as the spirit directs.
5) This book is my simple witness and testimony of what I have experienced, what I know to be true, and what I know I will yet experience in my lifetime.
6) I am not to ask "why" (I've done that many times over the years) - I am to ask "what" and "how".
"What am I to do with this knowledge?" and "How am I to serve"

For this purpose and to this end I chose to accept the assignment and conditions given to me while in the spirit world and as part of the Lords plan for me - which include but are not limited to the fact that I agreed to share my story in "approximately nine earth years."

I am a simple messenger trying my best to help myself, my family and as many other people as possible to increase and develop our temporal and spiritual preparedness for the days ahead.

I simply want to do my little part in serving the Lord and helping to build His Kingdom.

I hope that those who read my book will find it beneficial and uplifting.

I wish I could have gone into greater detail on many of the things I witnessed, however I made very serious covenants that I would heed the spirit and not overstep my stewardship or the bounds the Lord has set for me. My hope is that those who read my book will be able to feel the spirit and the love the Lord has for each of us, and be able to discern the truths that I share.

For those that are interested, I will be speaking at the Logan Tabernacle on Thursday, July 17th from 7:00-9:00 p.m. Afterward there will be a "meet and greet" at the Natural Philosophy Market about a block away from the tabernacle (155 Church Street, Logan, Utah).

My book is currently being sold in paperback as well as for kindle at Amazon.com. It is also available at Seagull book stores and online at Seagull.

Additionally, I will be live in studio at the Mills Crenshaw show in Utah on Weds., July 16th from 3:00-6:00 p.m. I believe his station is Utah Radio 630 AM. My understanding is that they will be recording the show, so if you would like to listen to it but are unable to do so, you can later listen to it online.

Last month I was on his show and we discussed some of the book - mostly the first half. This time around we will be going into the last half of the book which includes more about Last Days events, tent cities, Places of Refuge, Cities of Light, Adam-Ondi-Ahman, the New Jerusalem etc.

Please note that I will have sporadic internet use the rest of the month, and since I am new to this site I have not yet figured out how to navigate, so I will not likely be able to post again until August.

Thank you to all! I look forward to having the opportunity to login again and learn more about this site.

Julie

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Re: Julie Rowe - Author of "A Greater Tomorrow"

Post by marc »

Welcome, Julie! :)

Latter-day Patriot
captain of 50

Post by Latter-day Patriot »

Welcome, Julie! I read your book just the other day. I couldn't put it down. Would you be open to the idea of a Q&A thread on this forum? I'm sure we would all greatly benefit from any added insight you feel at liberty to offer. Again, welcome!

notjamesbond003.5
captain of 1,000

Post by notjamesbond003.5 »

jkrowe wrote:Hi, my name is Julie Rowe.

I recently learned of this site and decided that I would check it out. From what I can tell so far, it looks like there are some very interesting topics and posts. I am looking forward to learning more here. Don't know how much time I will have to get on here, but hopefully every now and then.

I am leaving out of town tomorrow and will be gone the rest of July visiting family and friends etc.

As I was looking at this site, I came across some posts regarding my new book that was just released in May 2014. It is titled, "A Greater Tomorrow" and it is about my 2004 NDE.

I want to thank those who have posted about my book. I appreciate the discussions and am grateful for those who have taken the time to post.

I am very happy to hear that some of you have read my book. Although I am not a great writer, I am grateful the Lord gave me the opportunity to share a little of my experience, and that I have had the blessing and opportunity to witness and testify of some of the things I was shown.

For the most part I have had very positive responses to my book, although I recognize it is not going to resonate with everyone and that in some cases there are and will be those who are not open to what I share in the book. This is okay. I am not bothered by this, because I know that we each have our own paths and that the Lord instructs us individually as He sees fit and as we need.

I do feel prompted to share with you, however, that prior to writing the book, while writing the book, and many times since then - as I have struggled with many different feelings and emotions about writing such a personal and sacred experience and knowing my own weaknesses and insecurities - over and over and over again the Lord has continued to comfort me and remind me of a few very important and specific things. They are:

1) This is not a scholarly piece
2) This is not a historical piece
3) This is not a creative writing piece
4) This is my experience and it is to be shared simply, directly, honestly, and as the spirit directs.
5) This book is my simple witness and testimony of what I have experienced, what I know to be true, and what I know I will yet experience in my lifetime.
6) I am not to ask "why" (I've done that many times over the years) - I am to ask "what" and "how".
"What am I to do with this knowledge?" and "How am I to serve"

For this purpose and to this end I chose to accept the assignment and conditions given to me while in the spirit world and as part of the Lords plan for me - which include but are not limited to the fact that I agreed to share my story in "approximately nine earth years."

I am a simple messenger trying my best to help myself, my family and as many other people as possible to increase and develop our temporal and spiritual preparedness for the days ahead.

I simply want to do my little part in serving the Lord and helping to build His Kingdom.

I hope that those who read my book will find it beneficial and uplifting.

I wish I could have gone into greater detail on many of the things I witnessed, however I made very serious covenants that I would heed the spirit and not overstep my stewardship or the bounds the Lord has set for me. My hope is that those who read my book will be able to feel the spirit and the love the Lord has for each of us, and be able to discern the truths that I share.

For those that are interested, I will be speaking at the Logan Tabernacle on Thursday, July 17th from 7:00-9:00 p.m. Afterward there will be a "meet and greet" at the Natural Philosophy Market about a block away from the tabernacle (155 Church Street, Logan, Utah).

My book is currently being sold in paperback as well as for kindle at Amazon.com. It is also available at Seagull book stores and online at Seagull.

Additionally, I will be live in studio at the Mills Crenshaw show in Utah on Weds., July 16th from 3:00-6:00 p.m. I believe his station is Utah Radio 630 AM. My understanding is that they will be recording the show, so if you would like to listen to it but are unable to do so, you can later listen to it online.

Last month I was on his show and we discussed some of the book - mostly the first half. This time around we will be going into the last half of the book which includes more about Last Days events, tent cities, Places of Refuge, Cities of Light, Adam-Ondi-Ahman, the New Jerusalem etc.

Please note that I will have sporadic internet use the rest of the month, and since I am new to this site I have not yet figured out how to navigate, so I will not likely be able to post again until August.

Thank you to all! I look forward to having the opportunity to login again and learn more about this site.

Julie
Loved your book Sister Rowe.

Loaned it out already.

And thanks for settling the dinosaur bone riddle.

And even tho it's not Shakesperian your plainness in writing style made you all the more credible along w the radio interview.

Njb
Last edited by notjamesbond003.5 on July 6th, 2014, 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

As for navigating, you can click on "Home" above to see the different subforums or you can click on the "Latest Posts" to see the latest discussions, which is what I typically do.

Birdman23
captain of 10

Post by Birdman23 »

I loved your book Julie.

azalea.rubicon
captain of 50

Post by azalea.rubicon »

Looking forward to read your book and to listen to your interview online. Anyone who will have the link to that interview later, please post it here. Thank you for sharing your experiences.

Louisianamama
captain of 100

Post by Louisianamama »

Welcome!! I haven't read your book but have been informed I must. So it's on my "to read and ponder" list.

Lauren

Aradel
captain of 50

Post by Aradel »

Both my husband and myself loved your book too! We are so looking forward to the second half of your interview. We so enjoyed the first half. Thank you for everything! :)

SamFisher
captain of 100

Post by SamFisher »

Julie, thanks for your book. I devoured it. I look forward to the radio broadcast. Loved your last one.

The only problem I expect you'll encounter are people who think that the message you are providing can only come from the current prophet of the LDS church. Many people cannot separate the holder of the priesthood keys (the Church President) and his duties, from a prophet, which is anyone who Lord decides is righteous and prepared for a revelation, by the power of the Holy Ghost. That's the church's own definition of "prophet." Most prophets in history were not heads of a church, and not all were men. One, we know, was a mere boy.

It's up to us to spot the false ones, using the Spirit as our guide.

Keep up the good work, and don't let the naysayers get you down. :)

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Does anyone in the Utah/Salt Lake County area have a copy of this book that I can borrow? I don't have the funds to buy it.

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

I read the book a few weeks ago and I want to reread it. Sister Rowe came across as sincere and believable. I caught the last part of her radio interview, which was fascinating. I hope to be able to catch the second interview, but hope it will also be available online at some point.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Hi Julie, I bought your book as a gift for my father and when he's finished reading it, I'll get to read it :)

Have you been asked to speak to the IANDS group in Salt Lake?

SamFisher
captain of 100

Post by SamFisher »

sen6b wrote:
Jezebel wrote:Does anyone in the Utah/Salt Lake County area have a copy of this book that I can borrow? I don't have the funds to buy it.
I just got the kindle version it was only $10.
You can download a free kindle reader from Amazon for any device--Windows, iphone, Android. It's the cheapest way if you can't buy the book.

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

I also bought the Kindle version. I'll be rereading it tonight.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

sen6b wrote:
Jezebel wrote:Does anyone in the Utah/Salt Lake County area have a copy of this book that I can borrow? I don't have the funds to buy it.
I just got the kindle version it was only $10.
Unfortunately, this is still out of my price range. :(

Pinkhosta Fan
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Pinkhosta Fan »

Your book was on my level of reading. Your book verifies to those that have doubt that our leaders are right & to become prepared. They can also receive if they listen & open their own hearts. Thank you Julie

auhnuld
Hi, I'm new.

Post by auhnuld »

Here's the link to what Julie was referring to regarding the 2nd half of her Radio interview:
http://radiorecast.com/ktalk/archive/Mi ... %20NDE.mp3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jkrowe
captain of 50

Post by jkrowe »

Just wanted to let you know that I have a second book coming out sometime this fall, titled "The Time is Now."

Just started working on it this week so don't know yet when it will be released.

I will post more when I know more.

Thanks!

Julie

Bananikka
captain of 100

Post by Bananikka »

Could you maybe sell a PDF version of your book to a few of us?
jkrowe wrote:Just wanted to let you know that I have a second book coming out sometime this fall, titled "The Time is Now."

Just started working on it this week so don't know yet when it will be released.

Thanks!

Julie

Bananikka
captain of 100

Post by Bananikka »

Ok, maybe I'll
Try this.. Will anybody sell me their used copy? Sigh.. Thanks!

jkrowe
captain of 50

Post by jkrowe »

Sorry, I don't own the rights to the publishing so I can't sell you anything, especially the pdf.

The publisher contacted me to write the books, not the other way around. I am not paying anything to get the book published - the publisher has and is covering all expenses, so I simply write the books and he handles everything else.

WarMonger
captain of 100

Post by WarMonger »

jkrowe wrote:Just wanted to let you know that I have a second book coming out sometime this fall, titled "The Time is Now."
Thanks! Julie
Looking forward to your new book - don't by shy but some detail in :D .
Ok just do the right thing that is all we can do.

Bananikka
captain of 100

Post by Bananikka »

HAHA you said what we're all thinking ;)

SamFisher
captain of 100

Post by SamFisher »

Julie, please read Visions of Glory (John Pontius) and see if there's anything you can correlate regarding Spencer's experience and yours, and perhaps put it in your next book. He doesn't mention the call-out, although what he experienced and the call-out could have occurred at the same time without his knowing it. His EQ experience seems to suggest that when the EQ occurs, with flooding, everyone was still in SLC/Utah Valley.

Looking forward to your book. Thanks!