Mormon Mayan Aztec Archaeology Geography In North America

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Ratbag
captain of 100

Mormon Mayan Aztec Archaeology Geography In North America

Post by Ratbag »

These are some absolutely fascinating videos of archaeological proof of the Book of Mormon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxLCvJft ... A3110A2EFF

andsmith0723
captain of 50

Re: Mormon Mayan Aztec Archaeology Geography In North Americ

Post by andsmith0723 »

There is so much proof of BOM archaelogy in NA. It's staggering how so much of it gets swept under the rug. I love Wayne mays work!

believer
captain of 1,000

Post by believer »

I have been watching these videos. I haven't finished them yet, but it is all very interesting. I have watched and read other sources as well.

Thank you for posting.

Desert Roses
captain of 1,000

Post by Desert Roses »

Wow, great video. I had always thought the Nephites were Latin America, but recently had changed my thinking after reading a book called The Lost Colonies of Ancient America by Frank Joseph. His description of those same cultures brought him to conclude Middle Eastern (most likely Hebrew) origins for those people.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Fascinating video. Evidence, however, does not equal proof.

Ratbag
captain of 100

Post by Ratbag »

coachmarc wrote:Fascinating video. Evidence, however, does not equal proof.
It does in a court of law. Forensic evidence is always considered proof.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

I have collected books for twenty years with compelling evidences including forensic, that Central America is where the Nephites and Lamanites lived including ample testimony and scholarly research from Hugh Nibley and others. Who should we believe if we were in a court of law? Not that I want to engage in a lengthy debate. Just saying.

DPeterson
captain of 100

Post by DPeterson »

I'll have to watch these later! I'm definitely in the North American model crowd. Though I haven't decided where in NA I'm most partial to. There are spiritually gifted individuals that will tell you they've seen that it took place in what we now know as the Mormon Corridor (southern Idaho, Utah, Arizona) and on down towards the Gulf of Mexico (which fits with early church leaders saying if you could see through the veil you'd see thousands of (of course) dead people from the BoM filling the valley). Apparently Big Springs, Idaho is a sacred place. But the Hopewell areas are definitely intriguing as well.

SamFisher
captain of 100

Post by SamFisher »

I'm convinced the BoM occurred in the N. America.

Eventually, proof will emerge--a name or place. But then again, it may not. Clearly, God doesn't want proof coming out yet. No telling the damage it would do to faith.

samizdat
captain of 1,000

Post by samizdat »

I used to think the Book of Mormon happened in Mexico and parts of Central America, though now honestly I lean towards South America or North America, at least where they landed. Where they went from there though is beyond me.

I am thinking more South America because there are quotes by Joseph Smith that said that Lehi landed at 30 degrees south latitude near La Serena, Chile. A Chilean friend even upped the ante saying that she heard Elder Holland say Lehi landed just north of Valparaiso when he was Area President there.