I have seen the Savior . . .

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Amonhi
captain of 1,000

Re: I have seen the Savior . . .

Post by Amonhi »

azalea.rubicon wrote:I have asked this in this forum before but no one has given me any good answers. But my question is, what's the difference between seeing the Savior and seeing Heavenly Father and Mother?
That is a good question and I do not know how to answer it. Perhaps you could rephrase your question?

I do not expect this answers your question, but After I saw God the Father and Heavenly Mother, I became aware of many other Gods and could clearly see the God in others. Very eye opening experience!

Peace,
Amonhi

Lady Believer
captain of 100

Post by Lady Believer »

Yes, this is the most awesome testimony meeting I have been to. I only hope and pray that one day I can bear a similar testimony.

Lance
captain of 100

Post by Lance »

-
Last edited by Lance on June 23rd, 2015, 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

eyes2see
captain of 10

Post by eyes2see »

Amonhi wrote: I do not expect this answers your question, but After I saw God the Father and Heavenly Mother, I became aware of many other Gods and could clearly see the God in others. Very eye opening experience!

Peace,
Amonhi
This. Exactly.

durangout
captain of 1,000

Post by durangout »

eyes2see wrote:
Amonhi wrote: I do not expect this answers your question, but After I saw God the Father and Heavenly Mother, I became aware of many other Gods and could clearly see the God in others. Very eye opening experience!

Peace,
Amonhi
This. Exactly.
I'm not following you eyes2see.

eyes2see
captain of 10

Post by eyes2see »

God is the union of Father and Mother.

My experiences, especially the most recent, opened my eyes to seeing the divine in everyone. You may have seen a church ad (not LDS) which shows a fellow putting on glasses which allow him to see what is going on in people's lives. He is in turn much more compassionate than he would have been and much more charitable. I left the experience in 2007 able to see, love, and forgive everyone. Everyone looked absolutely beautiful to me - physically, spiritually, in every way. I could see God's image in each and every person I met.

Daughter of Eve
captain of 10

Post by Daughter of Eve »

This is a beautiful thread, thank you all for sharing your experiences :ymhug: They are full of such light and truth! I hope we're all seeking and searching for these things.

I would like to add my witness of The Savior, that He Lives and Loves all of Us.
I have had the privilege to see Him in visions and dreams and to feel His Presence and talk with Him. I saw Him before the crowd that was condemning Him to death. He was crying tears of sorrow for those before Him and their unbelief. I was hiding behind a curtain, watching. I saw the light and love He sent to them.
I also saw Him as a toddler, just learning to walk. I held Him on my lap while I was sitting on a cobblestone road, no one else was there, just us. He was babbling, giggling and waving His hands around, tell me how much our Father and Mother loves us.

Gloriam Deo!
Eva

PSCahill
captain of 100

Post by PSCahill »

edited for privacy
Last edited by PSCahill on March 14th, 2014, 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

One of the great missionary stories is of the sons of Mosiah, especially Ammon. Ammon started with service instead of preaching. After Ammon had saved King Lamoni's flocks, King Lamoni wanted to know by what power Ammon could do it.

King Lamoni believed in the Great Spirit. He had slain many of his servants because they had let the king's flocks get taken and scattered. King Lamoni said he would believe all the words of Ammon. King Lamoni did believe all the words of Ammon:
Alma 18
40 And it came to pass that after he had said all these things, and expounded them to the king, that the king believed all his words.
41 And he began to cry unto the Lord, saying: O Lord, have mercy; according to thy abundant mercy which thou hast had upon the people of Nephi, have upon me, and my people.
42 And now, when he had said this, he fell unto the earth, as if he were dead.
For two days and two nights, King Lamoni lay as if he were dead.
Alma 19
6 Now, this was what Ammon desired, for he knew that king Lamoni was under the power of God; he knew that the dark veil of unbelief was being cast away from his mind, and the light which did light up his mind, which was the light of the glory of God, which was a marvelous light of his goodness—yea, this light had infused such joy into his soul, the cloud of darkness having been dispelled, and that the light of everlasting life was lit up in his soul, yea, he knew that this had overcome his natural frame, and he was carried away in God—
13 For as sure as thou livest, behold, I have seen my Redeemer; and he shall come forth, and be born of a woman, and he shall redeem all mankind who believe on his name. Now, when he had said these words, his heart was swollen within him, and he sunk again with joy; and the queen also sunk down, being overpowered by the Spirit.
Wow, just introduced to the truth, but because he believed, King Lamoni and others saw the Savior!

Jeremy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jeremy »

There are a few hurdles to overcome here. One is believing that we can see Him. The next hurdle will be to believe that you have seen Him.

eyenote
captain of 10

Post by eyenote »

Thank you for sharing these incredible experiences. I am uplifted by them.

As for myself, I have not had the pleasure yet, but I believe I will.

When I was really young (anywhere from 5-7), I dreamt that the Savior came for me at my house, and told me to be prepared for tomorrow when He would take me to see the Father. I begged as children do, for Him to take me now, that I was ready now. He patiently told me that He couldn't take me until tomorrow. I cried and said, "I'll get my shoes on!" I started to put them on, insisting I was ready. But He left with the promise of tomorrow. I've never forgotten the dream, or the prospect of tomorrow. I'm still preparing myself for it.

These experiences that have been shared renew my hope.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

This is Moroni's testimony in Ether 12. Beautiful! Try reading this without feeling the Spirit.
Ether 12:6-41
6 And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith.

7 For it was by faith that Christ showed himself unto our fathers, after he had risen from the dead; and he showed not himself unto them until after they had faith in him; wherefore, it must needs be that some had faith in him, for he showed himself not unto the world.

8 But because of the faith of men he has shown himself unto the world, and glorified the name of the Father, and prepared a way that thereby others might be partakers of the heavenly gift, that they might hope for those things which they have not seen.

9 Wherefore, ye may also have hope, and be partakers of the gift, if ye will but have faith.

10 Behold it was by faith that they of old were called after the holy order of God.

11 Wherefore, by faith was the law of Moses given. But in the gift of his Son hath God prepared a more excellent way; and it is by faith that it hath been fulfilled.

12 For if there be no faith among the children of men God can do no miracle among them; wherefore, he showed not himself until after their faith.

13 Behold, it was the faith of Alma and Amulek that caused the prison to tumble to the earth.

14 Behold, it was the faith of Nephi and Lehi that wrought the change upon the Lamanites, that they were baptized with fire and with the Holy Ghost.

15 Behold, it was the faith of Ammon and his brethren which wrought so great a miracle among the Lamanites.

16 Yea, and even all they who wrought miracles wrought them by faith, even those who were before Christ and also those who were after.

17 And it was by faith that the three disciples obtained a promise that they should not taste of death; and they obtained not the promise until after their faith.

18 And neither at any time hath any wrought miracles until after their faith; wherefore they first believed in the Son of God.

19 And there were many whose faith was so exceedingly strong, even before Christ came, who could not be kept from within the veil, but truly saw with their eyes the things which they had beheld with an eye of faith, and they were glad.

20 And behold, we have seen in this record that one of these was the brother of Jared; for so great was his faith in God, that when God put forth his finger he could not hide it from the sight of the brother of Jared, because of his word which he had spoken unto him, which word he had obtained by faith.

21 And after the brother of Jared had beheld the finger of the Lord, because of the promise which the brother of Jared had obtained by faith, the Lord could not withhold anything from his sight; wherefore he showed him all things, for he could no longer be kept without the veil.

22 And it is by faith that my fathers have obtained the promise that these things should come unto their brethren through the Gentiles; therefore the Lord hath commanded me, yea, even Jesus Christ.

23 And I said unto him: Lord, the Gentiles will mock at these things, because of our weakness in writing; for Lord thou hast made us mighty in word by faith, but thou hast not made us mighty in writing; for thou hast made all this people that they could speak much, because of the Holy Ghost which thou hast given them;

24 And thou hast made us that we could write but little, because of the awkwardness of our hands. Behold, thou hast not made us mighty in writing like unto the brother of Jared, for thou madest him that the things which he wrote were mighty even as thou art, unto the overpowering of man to read them.

25 Thou hast also made our words powerful and great, even that we cannot write them; wherefore, when we write we behold our weakness, and stumble because of the placing of our words; and I fear lest the Gentiles shall mock at our words.

26 And when I had said this, the Lord spake unto me, saying: Fools mock, but they shall mourn; and my grace is sufficient for the meek, that they shall take no advantage of your weakness;

27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.

28 Behold, I will show unto the Gentiles their weakness, and I will show unto them that faith, hope and charity bringeth unto me—the fountain of all righteousness.

29 And I, Moroni, having heard these words, was comforted, and said: O Lord, thy righteous will be done, for I know that thou workest unto the children of men according to their faith;

30 For the brother of Jared said unto the mountain Zerin, Remove—and it was removed. And if he had not had faith it would not have moved; wherefore thou workest after men have faith.

31 For thus didst thou manifest thyself unto thy disciples; for after they had faith, and did speak in thy name, thou didst show thyself unto them in great power.

32 And I also remember that thou hast said that thou hast prepared a house for man, yea, even among the mansions of thy Father, in which man might have a more excellent hope; wherefore man must hope, or he cannot receive an inheritance in the place which thou hast prepared.

33 And again, I remember that thou hast said that thou hast loved the world, even unto the laying down of thy life for the world, that thou mightest take it again to prepare a place for the children of men.

34 And now I know that this love which thou hast had for the children of men is charity; wherefore, except men shall have charity they cannot inherit that place which thou hast prepared in the mansions of thy Father.

35 Wherefore, I know by this thing which thou hast said, that if the Gentiles have not charity, because of our weakness, that thou wilt prove them, and take away their talent, yea, even that which they have received, and give unto them who shall have more abundantly.

36 And it came to pass that I prayed unto the Lord that he would give unto the Gentiles grace, that they might have charity.

37 And it came to pass that the Lord said unto me: If they have not charity it mattereth not unto thee, thou hast been faithful; wherefore, thy garments shall be made clean. And because thou hast seen thy weakness thou shalt be made strong, even unto the sitting down in the place which I have prepared in the mansions of my Father.

38 And now I, Moroni, bid farewell unto the Gentiles, yea, and also unto my brethren whom I love, until we shall meet before the judgment-seat of Christ, where all men shall know that my garments are not spotted with your blood.

39 And then shall ye know that I have seen Jesus, and that he hath talked with me face to face, and that he told me in plain humility, even as a man telleth another in mine own language, concerning these things;

40 And only a few have I written, because of my weakness in writing.

41 And now, I would commend you to seek this Jesus of whom the prophets and apostles have written, that the grace of God the Father, and also the Lord Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost, which beareth record of them, may be and abide in you forever. Amen.

shestalou
captain of 100

Post by shestalou »

When I was 14 I was suffering from depression and was living at home in a dysfunctional family, I went to my window crying and it was a dark, rainy dreary day, I looked up and there in the clouds I saw him with his arms open, just like in the pics but it was just in a shape of the clouds but this helped me through avery hard and trying life.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

BUMP

icarus
captain of 10

Post by icarus »

I have enjoyed this testimony thread. I joined this forum because of the testimony of Elias Returns, I had my own... what I once called my 'born again' experience and have since been seeking Christ I am so grateful to have found so many who are really seeking Him. My experience has changed everything. I will share a portion of a letter I just wrote to my son who recently married. I've made minor changes.

I want to share some things, though. Not about you,... about me. As you stumble and fumble through life, as we all do, I'd like for you to have... well,... my testimony, I guess. I don't know what to really call it... maybe my 'blessing' to you, how about that?

To me, it seems, I've either struggled or laid back all my life full of pride or vanity among a host of other undesirable traits. My struggling have sometimes been positive but often,... not so much. There have been 'singularities' though. I have felt the Savior as if He was so near once. So near, like He was telling me He was there, as if to say "come, I'm right here". But I just didn't quite get it. From my current view, I'd say "we are the barrier between us and Christ"... and so I have been that. We all sin and no one can say otherwise and we,... I... let that self-knowledge drive me from Him. I'll leave it at that.

In June of 2012 I had opportunity to pray to and from work. An hour each way and I took it, because I felt a feeling inside that invited me to 'seek Him'. Me!... Me?... Yes. I was singing some hymns at one point and went to prayer and suggested He might just want to heal my voice since I wasn't all that good at it. He interrupted me. He stopped me right there and said He loved my singing to Him and I was shocked. Then He told me I was His friend... I've never felt like I could ever be His friend, so what did I ever do to deserve that? The next day or so after that, while praying, I was asking Him why? Why did He never leave me? I just didn't understand, and I was really tore up about it. Sobbing while driving along the Columbia River Gorge, and a hundred yards or so after passing into the Washington side of the Oregon border I felt an answer coming. I refused it son. I refused it and wouldn't be comforted. Why had He never left me?

At that moment, on a sunny June day, one week before my 52nd birthday, driving on a two lane hi-way I was given the single, most precious gift I have ever received. At the time I thought of it as,... well... a hug, for the lack of any possible description, from Christ that somehow caused me to experience His love. That split second I 'knew' His love,... I also knew His love for every person everywhere. I couldn't ask "why" anymore. I knew. As I said, I didn't know what to call it. I wondered if it was what is called being 'born of God' or baptism of the spirit, but I didn't know. It was three months when, as I say, I realized I was still mortal. Odd to read that I'm sure, but accurate to what I felt. For the next 3 or 4 weeks I received many 'revelations', about many things. He told me things I had no other way of even guessing and they happened in rapid succession. My job in Qatar is part of that, though I didn't know where I'd be working.

He didn't tell my why I am here, just to 'enjoy' this easy job with great pay. But He had a reason and I'd had to figure it out on my own, even if He did call out "warmer, or colder" after a fashion. It was difficult focusing because I didn't know the 'place' I was. I faltered without focus. Why was I here? Slowly, over the last year, as I held that 'experience' up as my light, I had to 'figure it out', no one could do it for me. That is Gods way at some point for each person. I've only recently found 'it'. It is only now that I know my experience was 'baptism of the spirit'. Even if I was 'unfocused' I couldn't keep Jesus out of my thoughts. I have spent a great deal of time at His feet, sobbing at the obvious disparity of seeking His forgiveness while feeling the great weight of "my" sins; knowing I did not deserve Him. How can we ever? We can never go to Him without that huge weight we bear,... that I bore. And I now also know the importance of forgiving others, and not judging. I cringe at my many mistakes, the demons,... oh, the demons. I truly believe I was lost in a just end. Now I know His mercy. I am in a place I'd never be able to express, but it is only a weigh point, as He never stops preparing us for the next.

My purpose in telling you all this is to tell you God is real. HE IS REAL! Yes,... I know you know too, and I did as well. This is different though. Jesus knows you son. He knows you and sees the desires of your heart and He will help you as you seek Him. I pray for you and your welfare, but take time to go to Him and in His strength He will visit you with support.
Last edited by icarus on September 22nd, 2014, 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Alma 5:26 And now behold, I say unto you, my brethren, if ye have experienced a change of heart, and if ye have felt to sing the song of redeeming love, I would ask, can ye feel so now?
icarus wrote:At that moment, on a sunny June day, one week before my 52nd birthday, driving on a two lane hi-way I was given the single, most precious gift I have ever received. At the time I thought of it as,... well... a hug, for the lack of any possible description, from Christ that somehow caused me to experience His love. That split second I 'knew' His love,... I also knew His love for every person everywhere. I couldn't ask "why" anymore. I knew. As I said, I didn't know what to call it. I wondered if it was what is called being 'born of God' or baptism of the spirit, but I didn't know.
You experienced it. You felt to sing the song of redeeming love. Thank you for sharing your experience!

anewtongue
captain of 50

Post by anewtongue »

icarus and others...thanks so much. I haven't seen Him except in two dreams but it was without glory. I couldn't really see Him so much as I knew something there represented Him. Once it was a figure in red raiment. He was coming in judgment. I could only see Him from behind and far away. And as i say, I could perceive no glory, I only knew it was Him and that the Great Advent had at last arrived. I was with Him in the air!

The second time He was a lion, the Lion of Judah. Here is that dream:

A lion cub was in a field. He was approached by 3 offspring of a bull. They were haughty. The cub mingled with them and was friendly with them. He enjoyed their presence. After a time, there was a call of sorts. The Lion was coming! The offspring of the bull left in a great hurry. The lion cub lay down in the grass to sleep. A voice announced that the Lion was coming and that if he detected the presence of His prey it would be dangerous for the cub. The Lion approached his cub and where a lion cub lay, the Lion, by smelling, discerned His prey. He was come to destroy his prey. He lifted his cub in His mouth. The cub protested. The Lion carried the cub to a great bull, the father of those who mingled with His cub, and laid him at the bull's feet. The bull raged! He reared up and stamped and dashed the cub. The Lion saw this and stood by to await the appointed time to destroy His prey, the bull.

The bull, by the way, is a symbol for Baal. I did not know this until after my dream. The following verse should help anyone interpret the dream, which I came across a day or two after the dream:

Isaiah 42:24 "Who gave Jacob for a spoil, and Israel to the robbers? did not the Lord, he against whom we have sinned? for they would not walk in his ways, neither were they obedient unto his law."

I hope I'm not detracting from the thread. I know it's maybe not exactly what the OP meant.

Honor
captain of 10

Post by Honor »

My heart is absolutely full to overflowing after reading these. Thank you for sharing these sacred experiences.

I have not yet seen my Savior, but He has promised me it will happen. I believe His promise.

I have been blessed to have the veil parted for a moment to feel His all encompassing love. It was greater than I could imagine. He is so full of unconditional love, with no judgment. It's true what others have said, it leaves you on a spiritual high for some time afterward. It's amazing and glorious!

The Lord has told me that my sins are forgiven and I am clean every whit. He has laughed as I asked Him to forgive my unbelief and said "if only everyone was as unbelieving as you." When i asked if i had my calling and election made sure, He told me yes. I'm ashamed to admit I told Him I would have to ask again to make sure. He chuckled and said I could ask 100 times and the answer would be the same. He is the older brother I've longed for in this life, the father I never had and the friend who loves me the way I am. He is the light of my life and I am blessed to receive His love.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

I like this post by coachmarc. The path to the Savior includes the Baptism of Fire. It is more than going under the water!

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Thank you, rewcox. Thank God for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I just wish to add how much it means to me to know what He has promised and what more and more people are experiencing.
D&C 93:1 Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am
Proverbs 8: 17 I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.
D&C 88: 83 He that seeketh me early shall find me, and shall not be forsaken.
This is the primary purpose, in my mind, for the Book of Mormon and why it is the most correct book on earth, as Joseph Smith declared, and why it will get you closer to God than any other book. As Moroni wrote:
Moroni 7:3 Wherefore, I would speak unto you that are of the church, that are the peaceable followers of Christ, and that have obtained a sufficient hope by which ye can enter into the rest of the Lord, from this time henceforth until ye shall rest with him in heaven.
A few weeks ago I felt impressed to pin this topic and I let it slide. This morning, after a most unprecedented and humbling experience, I feel impressed that this topic needs to remain pinned. All who have had the heavens opened to them are welcome to share their experiences if they feel so inclined and prompted to share them. Praise our King!

Edit: I am not able to pin this topic. My apologies.

Second Edit: Thank you, Brian, for pinning this topic! :)

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

anewtongue wrote:icarus and others...thanks so much. I haven't seen Him except in two dreams but it was without glory. I couldn't really see Him so much as I knew something there represented Him. Once it was a figure in red raiment. He was coming in judgment. I could only see Him from behind and far away. And as i say, I could perceive no glory, I only knew it was Him and that the Great Advent had at last arrived. I was with Him in the air!

The second time He was a lion, the Lion of Judah. Here is that dream:

A lion cub was in a field. He was approached by 3 offspring of a bull. They were haughty. The cub mingled with them and was friendly with them. He enjoyed their presence. After a time, there was a call of sorts. The Lion was coming! The offspring of the bull left in a great hurry. The lion cub lay down in the grass to sleep. A voice announced that the Lion was coming and that if he detected the presence of His prey it would be dangerous for the cub. The Lion approached his cub and where a lion cub lay, the Lion, by smelling, discerned His prey. He was come to destroy his prey. He lifted his cub in His mouth. The cub protested. The Lion carried the cub to a great bull, the father of those who mingled with His cub, and laid him at the bull's feet. The bull raged! He reared up and stamped and dashed the cub. The Lion saw this and stood by to await the appointed time to destroy His prey, the bull.

The bull, by the way, is a symbol for Baal. I did not know this until after my dream. The following verse should help anyone interpret the dream, which I came across a day or two after the dream:

Isaiah 42:24 "Who gave Jacob for a spoil, and Israel to the robbers? did not the Lord, he against whom we have sinned? for they would not walk in his ways, neither were they obedient unto his law."

I hope I'm not detracting from the thread. I know it's maybe not exactly what the OP meant.
I am sure many are grateful for what you shared, whether it was the intent of the OP or not. I know I am.

Aradel
captain of 50

Post by Aradel »

So inspiring, thank you for all sharing your experiences. :) Hopefully one day I will be able to share mine. :)

notjamesbond003.5
captain of 1,000

Post by notjamesbond003.5 »

I have yet to see Him, so today, I'm going to see a portrayal of Him in a movie instead:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3210686/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

10 AM showing Fashion Center Mall Chandler Az.

Anyone wanna come?

njb

eyes2see
captain of 10

Post by eyes2see »

notjamesbond003.5 wrote:I have yet to see Him, so today, I'm going to see a portrayal of Him in a movie instead:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3210686/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

10 AM showing Fashion Center Mall Chandler Az.

Anyone wanna come?

njb
I saw this. It's good but there are several moments when you realize it's low-budget.

Overall, I thought it was enjoyable and that the actor who played Christ did a good job of showing emotion (where some older portrayals are more stoic).

AshleyB
captain of 1,000

Post by AshleyB »

This thread has been so wonderful and uplifting to my spirit. I wanted to thank each of you for being brave and for sharing your experiences through love and a desire to spread the good news of the gospel. It really is good news!

I had shared a longer post before with more detail and I desired to still share my testimony but in a simpler way. I have seen and spoken to the Savior on many occasions. I have not had a brother of Jared type experience or a 3rd Nephi type experience with Him as of yet but I hope for it to occur on the Lord's timing and when I am prepared and willing to sacrifice ALL for Him and my Faith is sufficient. I pray that day will come and I do not plan on ever giving up. I have learned that Jesus's love and mercy are beyond comprehension and I have experienced the joy that comes from the knowledge of being cleansed from your sins by His sacrifice and merits. The joy is indescribable. I beleive the experiences of the witnesses and prophets in the scriptures are available to all because God is no respecter of persons and because I have tasted the sweetness of the fruit of His forgiveness and love. If forgiveness and mercy is available to a fool like me than I know its available to everyone. God is so good. I love Him and I desire to love Him more.
Last edited by AshleyB on April 5th, 2014, 9:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.