I have seen the Savior . . .

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Re: I have seen the Savior . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Thank you for sharing, Ashley. There was a time when the Lord wanted to teach me a certain lesson so when I would quiet things down, he wouldn't say a word to me. In order to get any answers, I had to turn on loud music and it helped if my kids were going crazy. :)) It was just for a little while. Now I don't seem to have problems getting answers from him no matter what.

Just thought I'd let you know so you have a little hope. I know you are a busy mom.

HeberC
captain of 100

Post by HeberC »

I've shared this before, but I wanted to share it, again.

I re-experienced the Pre-existence several times over a period of years. This experience was the most awake I have ever been. This reminded me of what I had always known: Mortality is a split second where we "sleep". We lose our memory so we can be tested. How we do on the test determines how we will exist in Eternity. The fact that there is a God and He has a plan was self-evident.

I failed every time and it dawned on me that "my best" would never be good enough. With this realization in mind, I told myself that if I can't trust Jesus, who can I trust?

I promised God I would do whatever He wanted me to do and I asked Him which, if any, church is His and I closed in Christ's name. I received the baptism of fire and the Holy Ghost and I knew He would get back to me and I would be shown His plan for my life. I knew that Jesus Christ was real. This was the greatest day of my life. I felt forgiven and unafraid. When I took the missionary discussions, I accepted what was taught to me. The missionaries told me what I already knew and what I hadn't known just fell into place like a puzzle.

Years later, I dreamed about Jesus Christ and I felt His love. This was different from the prior experience. His love was so powerful that I couldn't stop crying. When I woke up, I thought, "I'm glad that didn't happen in church" because I was crying so much.

I enjoy reading and hearing about others' experiences. I don't see and hear things like so many others do, but I feel and sometimes smell them.

anewtongue
captain of 50

Post by anewtongue »

AshleyB wrote:Before the Father can testify of us we have to receive the testimony of Jesus because He is our advocate and it is He who makes us clean and prepares us to receive our Father.
D&C 88:75: "That I may testify unto your Father, and your God, and my God, that you are clean from the blood of this wicked generation; that I may fulfil this promise, this great and last promise, which I have made unto you, when I will."

Hebrews 2: "I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee."

Hebrew 11:5 "...for before his translation [speaking of Enoch] he had this testimony, that he pleased God."
AshleyB wrote:So great was my joy that I trembled and my frame shook. I felt as if I could hardly contain it and that I might explode if I were to feel anymore. I shouted praises. I couldn't help it.

2 Ne 31:13 "...yea, then cometh the baptism of fire and of the Holy Ghost; and then can ye speak with the tongue of angels, and shout praises unto the Holy One of Israel."
AshleyB wrote:If you've felt chastised by Him then know you are LOVED.
Hebrew 12:6 "For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth."
AshleyB wrote:So don't be fooled into thinking the condemner's voice is the Lord's voice because it's not.
Hebrews 12:25 "See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven:" Of course, not every voice we hear is His. The accuser, as Ashley states, gets his say too.
AshleyB wrote:As the Doctrine and Covenants so beautifully tell us We will receive whatever it is we are willing to receive. This is my testimony.
D&C 88:32 "And they who remain shall also be quickened; nevertheless, they shall return again to their own place, to enjoy that which they are willing to receive, because they were not willing to enjoy that which they might have received."

Quite the sermon you've preached Ashley. Thank you.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

rewcox wrote:This thread is intended to edify, bear testimony, and encourage everyone to come unto Christ and be perfected in him.

If you feel inclined, testify of your experience/s, or link to where you have.

If you feel inclined, comment on the process you are following to come unto Christ.

I believe your testimonies are important and will help many come unto Christ.

Myself, I have not seen the Savior yet. I know that He lives, I know that God and Christ love us completely and want us to return to Their Presence. I am working on the baptism of fire and to move forward from there.

My wife, as a child, dreamed multiple times of seeing Christ standing over a spot, that later became a temple.

Why shouldn't we have dreams of Christ, prophesy and bear strong testimony of Him and God?
Here are 4 experiences that Grant Palmer has had with Christ:

TubeChop Video
Original Video

Gnostic Bishop
captain of 10

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

I Just put this in another thread and thought it might do here.

My apotheosis and contact with God happened through this type of process and I hope that although we do not quite see God the same way, it might create thought.

--------------------------------------

Yes. All should have their own seer stone as a tool to enlightenment.

It should facilitate the internalization of your myth to help you push your apotheosis with the Godhead.

This is opinion of course and it is motivated by my thinking that a seer stone would help the LDSs as a mantra or focal point, if you will, for LDSs to seek their God within.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... r_embedded

When you can name God I am, and mean you, then and only then will enlightenment gain you apotheosis.

If you cannot, then you are an idol worshiper of a Godinabook and Jesus warned against the WORD being thought of as God.

Like the Sabbath, the WORD was created for man. Not man created for the WORD.

Write the law in your heart and set the WORD aside as Jesus urges.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Bishop
captain of 10

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

eyes2see wrote:
Amonhi wrote: I do not expect this answers your question, but After I saw God the Father and Heavenly Mother, I became aware of many other Gods and could clearly see the God in others. Very eye opening experience!

Peace,
Amonhi
This. Exactly.
Rather like Gnostic Christian imagery. Like a cosmic consciousness with bodies.

Regards
DL

Leejae
captain of 100

Post by Leejae »

I believe we are all three-part beings. 1. Father - the governing intelligence of the body, the "I AM", 2. Holy Ghost - our spiritual habitation/body, the first estate we, the governing intelligence, received which is already sanctified, and 3. the Son, the second estate...the state of having been born into the flesh with a physical body which we must govern and overcome in order to "purify the temple" so that we may house the already Holy spirit body. We all must subject the flesh to the will of the "father." We are one when we have received all three together and become "god." Until then we are divided against ourselves.

Gnostic Bishop
captain of 10

Post by Gnostic Bishop »

Leejae wrote:I believe we are all three-part beings. 1. Father - the governing intelligence of the body, the "I AM", 2. Holy Ghost - our spiritual habitation/body, the first estate we, the governing intelligence, received which is already sanctified, and 3. the Son, the second estate...the state of having been born into the flesh with a physical body which we must govern and overcome in order to "purify the temple" so that we may house the already Holy spirit body. We all must subject the flesh to the will of the "father." We are one when we have received all three together and become "god." Until then we are divided against ourselves.
If you have those in you, then you would be a Universalist. Is that correct?

Regards
DL

AGStacker
captain of 1,000

Post by AGStacker »

I enjoyed Grant's experiences.

Leejae
captain of 100

Post by Leejae »

Gnostic Bishop wrote:
Leejae wrote:I believe we are all three-part beings. 1. Father - the governing intelligence of the body, the "I AM", 2. Holy Ghost - our spiritual habitation/body, the first estate we, the governing intelligence, received which is already sanctified, and 3. the Son, the second estate...the state of having been born into the flesh with a physical body which we must govern and overcome in order to "purify the temple" so that we may house the already Holy spirit body. We all must subject the flesh to the will of the "father." We are one when we have received all three together and become "god." Until then we are divided against ourselves.
If you have those in you, then you would be a Universalist. Is that correct?

Regards
DL

I have no idea. Lol. I just believe the things we LDSs "know" about God, our Father - the father of our spirits, and Jesus Christ, his only begotten son, and the Holy Ghost, are not complete. I believe in God and I believe Jesus suffered and died to bring us out of this place - he is the Savior and Redeemer. But we are like Him/them...we are not a different species. Or at least, we aspire to one day be like them - self-existing, self-governing, free. Abinadi in the Book of Mormon talked about the condescension of God and I think in the church we really misunderstand what he is saying. Hoping not to get ripped apart here...just some thoughts. ;)

gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden2.0 »

rewcox wrote:Why shouldn't we have dreams of Christ, prophesy and bear strong testimony of Him and God?
Indeed. I have had several dreams and one vision of Christ. In one dream I saw him greeting with an embrace the spirits that had just returned from mortality.

a_member
captain of 100

Post by a_member »

Leejae wrote:Abinadi in the Book of Mormon talked about the condescension of God and I think in the church we really misunderstand what he is saying. Hoping not to get ripped apart here...just some thoughts. ;)
I've been thinking a bit lately about that phrase, the "condescension" of God. A quick search brings up this passage:
1 Nephi 11:

26 And the angel said unto me again: Look and behold the condescension of God!

27 And I looked and beheld the Redeemer of the world, of whom my father had spoken; and I also beheld the prophet who should prepare the way before him. And the Lamb of God went forth and was baptized of him; and after he was baptized, I beheld the heavens open, and the Holy Ghost come down out of heaven and abide upon him in the form of a dove.
Perhaps the first condescension is Jesus being baptized by a man. I find it interesting to consider that here is Jesus undergoing cleansing and rebirth by one who is (by virtue of being human) not entirely unspotted. The concept of death being a sort of cleansing is interesting in and of itself (perhaps a prefiguring of the Atonement), then add on the layers of the actors and their respective roles and the reality of the difference in power and authority between Jesus and John the Baptist. Could Jesus receive the priesthood on earth without being baptized? I presume so, but at the same time I wonder... On the cross Jesus underwent the withdrawing of His father's spirit and spiritual presence, even though He did nothing wrong to deserve it and especially at that particular moment. In the universe of unfair things that happen in this world, that has to take the cake. By the same token, not getting your own priesthood power until someone who is not perfect performs an ordinance on your behalf... I mean, one could argue that we're all in that boat (my assumption here being that many folks on earth had priesthood authority in the preexistence). Still, there are lots of things that scream "unfair" or undeserved or whatever in the life of Christ. When he says he "descended below them all", I think he really means it. He didn't just take all our pain and sorrow and sin upon Himself, He did so at the worst possible time in His life after being abandoned by, literally, everyone.

In that sense I've seen Christ; He is in all of those people who wake up on the wrong side of history by no fault of their own but still make it through the day in a decent and honorable way.

Nataliya
captain of 100

Post by Nataliya »

How do you guys know that you're not being visited by this being?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=32836&p=469472#p469014" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=32881&p=469760#p469760" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thomas
captain of 1,000

Post by Thomas »

a_member wrote: On the cross Jesus underwent the withdrawing of His father's spirit and spiritual presence, even though He did nothing wrong to deserve it and especially at that particular moment
I don't think that actually happened. This is the scripture that is referenced to say, God withdrew his spirit:
46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

47 Some of them that stood there, when they heard that, said, This man calleth for Elias.
Those are the first words of a well known Psalm. Jesus was giving his killers a message.

1 My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?

2 O my God, I cry in the daytime, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent.

3 But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.

4 Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them.
5 They cried unto thee, and were delivered: they trusted in thee, and were not confounded.

6 But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people.

7 All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying,

8 He trusted on the Lord that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him.

9 But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother’s breasts.
10 I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother’s belly.

11 Be not far from me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help.

12 Many bulls have compassed me: strong bulls of Bashan have beset me round.

13 They gaped upon me with their mouths, as a ravening and a roaring lion.

14 I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.
15 My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death.

16 For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.

17 I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me.

18 They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.

19 But be not thou far from me, O Lord: O my strength, haste thee to help me.

20 Deliver my soul from the sword; my darling from the power of the dog.

21 Save me from the lion’s mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns.

22 I will declare thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee.

23 Ye that fear the Lord, praise him; all ye the seed of Jacob, glorify him; and fear him, all ye the seed of Israel.
24 For he hath not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; neither hath he hid his face from him; but when he cried unto him, he heard.

25 My praise shall be of thee in the great congregation: I will pay my vows before them that fear him.

26 The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the Lord that seek him: your heart shall live for ever.

27 All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the Lord: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee.
28 For the kingdom is the Lord’s: and he is the governor among the nations.

29 All they that be fat upon earth shall eat and worship: all they that go down to the dust shall bow before him: and none can keep alive his own soul.

30 A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.

31 They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this.

He was proclaiming himself to be the Messiah and showing them how he fulfilled prophecy.

jareds
Hi, I'm new.

Post by jareds »

Jules wrote:I've knelt at His feet as I prayed, and saw Him before me - though I did not look up. I felt the most intense love. I was also recently brought to Him by an angel, and introduced to Him. I can describe to you His face, hair, etc. He was kind and loving and smiled and joked with me - and the love I felt from Him was amazing! I look forward to the day I receive the Second Comforter as I was told I will in this lifetime. These amazing blessings are attainable for all of us who will believe! This is a wonderful thread rewcox, thank you for starting it and giving us all the opportunity to share!

I myself am waiting also. It will be amazing.

samizdat
captain of 1,000

Post by samizdat »

Elder Packer has seen the Savior. Me, well, I see the Savior through many of the great creations that He has made. I am still looking to see Him in person though. I need more faith.

wtrdog
captain of 10

Post by wtrdog »

samizdat wrote:Elder Packer has seen the Savior. Me, well, I see the Savior through many of the great creations that He has made. I am still looking to see Him in person though. I need more faith.
Really, when did he say that?

samizdat
captain of 1,000

Post by samizdat »

In the last General Conference. The one two days ago.

Annalea
captain of 100

Post by Annalea »

I have seen Him in the spirit, dancing and rejoicing as I've worshipped in music, but only twice during hymns at church. Those times were interesting, though, because I knew He was saying "FINALLY!!! Someone worshipping Me in truth in this place!" (Our ward has a thing about music--it's like they suffer through every hymn. :( )

I've been caught up in His arms in the spirit, and run with Him hand in hand through this huge stone courtyard into the Father's throne room, where I climbed up into Father's lap like a child, and was held, safe from all harm. I was, in relation to Him at that moment, the size of a very young child, easily cradled against His chest, my head not even reaching His collarbone. These visions were with dimmed glory, without color, and yet the love & peace & joy nearly overcame me. They are so precious, because they have shown me that He will give me whatever I can and will receive, right up to the limit of my endurance. I'm still not able to let the Holy Spirit overcome me, but I hope to be able to believe and trust in Him enough for that to be natural for me.

Long before I saw any of that, I was immersed in the fire of His love, and remade into a new creature in Christ Jesus. That experience agrees perfectly in character with the others expressed here: because of the absolutely unstinting reality of His love, I know my sins--past, present & future--are of no consequence. I am forgiven . . . always have been, and will be until the final day of judgement. That day is the only one in which the justice of God could fall upon me, if at that point I have somehow figured out how to abandon Him. That is the FURTHEST thing from the desires of my heart, though, and He has taken me at my word when I have called upon His name, and has had answers for me as soon as I could possibly receive them, often answering before I have a chance to get very many words out, or even form them in my mind.

He works with us according to our desires, not what we think of as "worthiness". His victory gave Him power to come to us, regardless of our sinful state. We ALL sin & fall short of the glory of God. It doesn't matter what sin it is--they all disqualify us equally. But He triumphed! He holds the power, and the deep desire of His love, to be with us every moment of every day. And He IS. He is infinite....that means He loves each one of us as His favorite, only child. All at the same time. He walks with every one of us, constantly . . . and we come to Him much like we come to consciousness after sleep. The only thing that changes is within us.

Oh, how I love Jesus! My Lord, my God, my friend that loves, adores & delights in me. In ME!, who I am, who He created me. He knows my expressions, my idiosyncrasies, my failings, my delights and my sorrows. And I bring Him joy, just by being who He created me to be: Annalea. :D

And He loves YOU.

Seek THIS Jesus . . . for He WILL be found, and closer at hand than you ever dreamed. :D

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robert Sinclair »

Boyd K Packer gave testimony that he "believes". And that he borrows the words of Joseph Smith "for we have seen him".
What think ye of why he did not say I know that Jesus Christ lives for I met with him face to face and spoke with him as one man speaks unto another and this is what he said unto me..............?
As the prophet Jeremiah has testified of the latter days that ye may consider it perfectly say unto them:

What hath the Lord answered thee?
and
What hath the Lord spoken?

Is there anyone of access to Boyd K Packer that can ask of him these two questions?

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Robert Sinclair wrote:Boyd K Packer gave testimony that he "believes". And that he borrows the words of Joseph Smith "for we have seen him".
What think ye of why he did not say I know that Jesus Christ lives for I met with him face to face and spoke with him as one man speaks unto another and this is what he said unto me..............?
As the prophet Jeremiah has testified of the latter days that ye may consider it perfectly say unto them:

What hath the Lord answered thee?
and
What hath the Lord spoken?

Is there anyone of access to Boyd K Packer that can ask of him these two questions?
I TESTIFY OF HIM

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

?

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Robert Sinclair wrote:?
My response was in answer to your "what think ye" question. I answer what I think in that article - and there is some very interesting commentary regarding what others think as well. :)

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Please understand I mean no disrespect. If Joseph Smith were alive today he would be full of joy and happiness to answer these simple questions. I seek for the truth to be spoken plainly without fear. Should I be fearful of seeking the truth on this forum? These two questions asked are directed by the Lord Jesus Christ through the prophet Jeremiah for the latter days that you might consider it perfectly. Understand I am of the house of Ephraim and everything that happens in it. I love these my brethern and only seek to turn on a light that might help even in my imperfect state:)

TZONE
captain of 1,000

Post by TZONE »

Robert Sinclair wrote:Please understand I mean no disrespect. If Joseph Smith were alive today he would be full of joy and happiness to answer these simple questions. I seek for the truth to be spoken plainly without fear. Should I be fearful of seeking the truth on this forum? These two questions asked are directed by the Lord Jesus Christ through the prophet Jeremiah for the latter days that you might consider it perfectly. Understand I am of the house of Ephraim and everything that happens in it. I love these my brethern and only seek to turn on a light that might help even in my imperfect state:)
Do you have a reference to this Jeremiah verse? I would be interested in reading it.