I have seen the Savior . . .

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: I have seen the Savior . . .

Post by Robert Sinclair »

It is written in what is known as Chapter 23.

TannerG
captain of 100

Post by TannerG »

Thank you all for your posts. You encourage me to continue on the path of repentance and sanctification. Though I have never seen the Savior I have felt a measure of His encompassing love and of His intimate knowledge and concern. This scripture describes the experience perfectly: "...they heard a voice as if it came out of heaven...and notwithstanding it being a small voice it did pierce them that did hear to the center... yea, it did pierce them to the very soul, and it did cause their hearts to burn." (3 Nephi 11:3) Though unlike the people in Bountiful, I immediately recognized the words. It was like a laser beam that spoke directly to my spirit. I have never felt such deep and abiding love.

Though I have struggled, though at times my faith has been weak, I have remained true to that testimony. Christ is my foundation and I will praise Him forever.

MegaManToo
captain of 100

Post by MegaManToo »

Portions of this thread are extremely beautiful. Thank you.

The condescension of God took place when Christ Jehovah condescended to leave His Heavenly throne as a God and come down here to mortality and earth as Jesus to suffer with us, help us, be with us, and be as if He were one of us. He came down here to see things and experience things from our point of view. Before He left Heaven, He already knew that He would win by failing. He would win by being crucified and experiencing death, just like the rest of us will experience failure and death in some form or another before the end of our lives. As mortal beings, we each have a battle looming ahead of us that we each are destined to fail or lose. Mortals by definition are destined to die, and there's nothing we can do about it. Death is the ultimate failure. Now Jesus Christ knows what it is like to have to face and suffer death. That's the condescension of God.

The bitter cup is hell. The bitter cup is spiritual death. And, in the Garden of Gethsemane, Jesus Christ drank a whole gallon of hell on our behalf, so that we wouldn't have to, so long as we are willing to accept Him on faith and repent of our sins. Drinking the bitter cup on our behalf, that is the condescension of God! Christ is trying to win us over to His side by His willingness to suffer and die on our behalf. God is the one making the ultimate sacrifice, not us. That's what makes Him the one true God, because He put His life and His spirituality on the line for our sake.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

MegaMan, thank you for your testimony. I really did appreciate reading it.

Daryl
captain of 1,000

Post by Daryl »

This is fantastic.

What have you done today?

Louisianamama
captain of 100

Post by Louisianamama »

The thought of visions of our heavenly parents actually kind of frightens me. Maybe frighten isn't the right word. I always that our prophet was the only person to have that gift. If others see this vision is that evil showing through to mess with our mind as we try to get closer to Christ? Or are we allowed that gift?

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Louisianamama wrote:The thought of visions of our heavenly parents actually kind of frightens me. Maybe frighten isn't the right word. I always that our prophet was the only person to have that gift. If others see this vision is that evil showing through to mess with our mind as we try to get closer to Christ? Or are we allowed that gift?
That's what the fullness of the Gospel IS - to be received by the Savior in THIS life, and be brought to the throne of the Father. That's what the temple endowment ceremony teaches us, and what the scriptures teach us. I would recommend reading this article written by forum - member Jeremy:

http://www.journeytothefullness.com/the ... endowment/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

aigerim
captain of 100

Post by aigerim »

Jules wrote:
Louisianamama wrote:The thought of visions of our heavenly parents actually kind of frightens me. Maybe frighten isn't the right word. I always that our prophet was the only person to have that gift. If others see this vision is that evil showing through to mess with our mind as we try to get closer to Christ? Or are we allowed that gift?
That's what the fullness of the Gospel IS - to be received by the Savior in THIS life, and be brought to the throne of the Father. That's what the temple endowment ceremony teaches us, and what the scriptures teach us. I would recommend reading this article written by forum - member Jeremy:

http://www.journeytothefullness.com/the ... endowment/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Definitely take Jules advice on this! So much to learn! :)

Annalea
captain of 100

Post by Annalea »

God is no respecter of persons; He denies none who come unto Him. The records we have in scripture of Him revealing Himself to mortals are there to show it can be done, to give us hope and show us the way. Jesus forbade none who petitioned Him, not even the woman who came to Hom for healing who was not a Jew. When He told her He was come first to the Jews, but not yet to the Gentiles, she said, "are not the dogs allowed to eat the scraps that fall from the master's table?" And He healed her.

He loves us . . . Oh, how He loves us! . . . He misses us, and wants us to draw near unto Him. He would love nothing more than to have us turn to Him such that He could appear to each of us, often, and end the separation brought by the Fall.

Jeremy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jeremy »

D&C 93:1 wrote:Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am;
Moses 1:39 wrote:For behold, this is my work and my glory—to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.
John 17:3 wrote:And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
3 Nephi 11 wrote:13 And it came to pass that the Lord spake unto them saying:

14 Arise and come forth unto me, that ye may thrust your hands into my side, and also that ye may feel the prints of the nails in my hands and in my feet, that ye may know that I am the God of Israel, and the God of the whole earth, and have been slain for the sins of the world.

15 And it came to pass that the multitude went forth, and thrust their hands into his side, and did feel the prints of the nails in his hands and in his feet; and this they did do, going forth one by one until they had all gone forth, and did see with their eyes and did feel with their hands, and did know of a surety and did bear record, that it was he, of whom it was written by the prophets, that should come.

Louisianamama
captain of 100

Post by Louisianamama »

Thank you for those quotes and that article....I'm on my way to it now.

Nataliya
captain of 100

Post by Nataliya »

Nataliya wrote:How do you guys know that you're not being visited by this being?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=32836&p=469472#p469014" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=32881&p=469760#p469760" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Here is something else to ponder about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ftBHrfXS_M" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Annalea
captain of 100

Post by Annalea »

Because I know.

Because I had spent most of my life in fear of evil spiritual forces, have endured a great number of attacks, and even as an angel of light, the enemy of my soul cannot hold a candle to the Love that is Jesus Christ.

But most importantly, because every fruit of my experiences have followed those promised in scripture.

I will keep studying, keep praying, keep believing. And when we ask God for bread, He will not give us a stone. When I pray to Him, He will not turn me over to the dominion of the devil, because that is not what I'm asking for, not what I'm giving permission for. I trust my God to be good. I trust Him to be Lord of All.

It was Lucifer who first questioned what the Lord had said, in the garden, when Eve told him she could not eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge.

And that serpent hasn't stopped questioning what God speaks to us, since.

Nataliya
captain of 100

Post by Nataliya »

Nataliya wrote:
Nataliya wrote:How do you guys know that you're not being visited by this being?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=32836&p=469472#p469014" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=32881&p=469760#p469760" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ftBHrfXS_M" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I’ve just watched another video that should be added to my previous post:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaPOE89 ... e&t=20m46s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

eyes2see
captain of 10

Post by eyes2see »

Nataliya wrote:

How do you know that warm, fuzzy, feeling you call the Spirit isn't a manufactured emotional response to HeartSell marketing or an emotional response based on culturally defined expectations?

Those questions are rhetorical, o course, but I hope they cause you to reflect on how condescending and offensive your question is.

Thanks.
E2S

Nataliya
captain of 100

Post by Nataliya »

eyes2see wrote:
Nataliya wrote:

How do you know that warm, fuzzy, feeling you call the Spirit isn't a manufactured emotional response to HeartSell marketing or an emotional response based on culturally defined expectations?

Those questions are rhetorical, o course, but I hope they cause you to reflect on how condescending and offensive your question is.

Thanks.
E2S
That's true, the "warm, fuzzy, feeling" that many call "the Spirit" is one of the tools that these entities seem to be using in their synthetic light realities.

I've been there. My question wasn't meant at all to be condescending or offensive. :ymhug:

Annalea
captain of 100

Post by Annalea »

eyes2see wrote:
Nataliya wrote:

Thanks.
E2S
The Holy Spirit isn't a "warm, fuzzy feeling". It is light. It is fire. It is pure intelligence. Overwhelming love. It cleanses and changes our hearts. It makes us into someone different, better, than we were before. It manifests its presence through the gifts of the spirit, and through miracles as we walk in faith.

If an experience doesn't yield the fruits outlined in scripture, plainly and openly, then you have either starved the seed through unbelief, as Alma warned, or it was not an experience with the Holy Ghost or Jesus Christ.

Nataliya
captain of 100

Post by Nataliya »

I don’t think that the adversary always refers to the “Holy Spirit” as a "warm, fuzzy feeling". Below are some quotes from the adversary’s messages (signed by Jesus, Virgin Mary, and God the Father). If you click on them, it will take you to the website that posts them.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Annalea wrote:The Holy Spirit isn't a "warm, fuzzy feeling". It is light. It is fire. It is pure intelligence. Overwhelming love. It cleanses and changes our hearts. It makes us into someone different, better, than we were before. It manifests its presence through the gifts of the spirit, and through miracles as we walk in faith.

If an experience doesn't yield the fruits outlined in scripture, plainly and openly, then you have either starved the seed through unbelief, as Alma warned, or it was not an experience with the Holy Ghost or Jesus Christ.
So you're saying it's warm, just not fuzzy? ;)

heidibear
captain of 10

Post by heidibear »

I don't remember but my mom says I saw him when I was about 2 or 3. I've felt the Savior holding me during a rough time in my life. I've also felt him close many other times.

Jeremy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jeremy »

Annalea wrote:The Holy Spirit isn't a "warm, fuzzy feeling". It is light. It is fire. It is pure intelligence. Overwhelming love. It cleanses and changes our hearts. It makes us into someone different, better, than we were before. It manifests its presence through the gifts of the spirit, and through miracles as we walk in faith.

:ymhug: Spoken with the knowledge only gained through experience. Thank you.

Annalea
captain of 100

Post by Annalea »

Thanks, Jeremy. Right back at'cha. :ymhug:

notjamesbond003.5
captain of 1,000

Post by notjamesbond003.5 »

Cronyism

Annalea
captain of 100

Post by Annalea »

njb's just got Plain-belly-Sneetch-ism. :p :ymhug:
Last edited by Annalea on August 9th, 2014, 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Damn. I've got a star. Plain bellies are back in?