I have seen the Savior . . .

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
FSM
captain of 100

Re: I have seen the Savior . . .

Post by FSM »

I agree totally. It is wonderful to dream a dream that comes true. The best thing that helps my testimony is watching others. And try to emulate them.

britjas
captain of 100

Post by britjas »

Several years ago, I was having a lot of trouble in my family life. I was out of work for about two years and was desperately trying to find work and all I could manage was a part time job by one of my ward members. I had worked there for about a year when I found out a relative had done something to a family member of mine. I had a dream where this individual and my youngest daughter were at a river with a sand bar in the middle of it. My daughter and I crossed it without much trouble. We encouraged my relative to cross the river. He tried so hard, but no matter how hard he tried, he could'nt cross the river. This person was later found to have committed a serious crime, and was disfellowshipped. When I found out what had happened, I just couldn't bear it. So I went for a walk at a park in Taylor that had a track about two thirds of a mile for a lap. I was distraught and didn't know what to do, so I went for a walk around it, just sobbing along the way, wondering what to do. A few minutes around the track a voice came clearly into my head which told me, "If you will get your life into order, this pain will be temporary and the time will come that you will feel a joy that is even greater than your pain." This gave me hope, and so in time I gradually made changes here and there in my life to get this life of mine in order.

After about a year and was beginning to get back on my feet I got a full time graveyard shift and have worked there ever since my trial. Both this individual, who was my son and I got into the Church's recovery self help program. During this time in my life I was starting to have hope that everything was about to get better. Then my wife's health took a turn for the worse, and experienced several falls and had problems from being dizzy and migraines to not knowing the time or day of the week it was and when I got home from work would sometimes have to stay up 24-36 hours straight to keep her from getting in the car and driving away. This went on for over a year and so I told my manager about my family situation and asked to work days so that I could help around the house because my wife couldn't handle the situation as a housekeeper and a Mom, and so he switched me to days. It was a huge relief to me, as I had been sleep deprived for at least a year.

Since about November of last year both my wife and I have actually felt the prescence of angels and spirits which has been a spiritual bonus for the both of us. About two days before Christmas shortly before waking I had a dream in which I saw President Hinckley. He was full of love and in the dream we embraced and sobbed tears of happiness. I felt all the pain, sorrow and unhappiness of the past few years just washed away. His embrace actually felt like a consuming fire, and I literally felt truly alive for the first time. For those of you who know a little about computers it felt like my old heart of mine was being taken out and actually being replaced with a new one, just as a computer infected with viruses is occasionally wiped clean and replaced with a new operating system. If I hadn't actually saw President Hinckley, I couldn't imagine it being much different then embracing the Savior.

Now every time I see a picture of the Savior I have trouble controlling my emotions because it reminds me so much of the dream which I had. Whenever I go to church and they sing about the Savior I just cannot sing and instead I weep for joy because of the goodness and the happiness I feel. I have never been or felt so happy in my life. My attitude in my life is now that I'm on the straight and narrow, all I want to do is step on my spiritual accelerator and never let up until I reach the arms of Jesus.

I am still in the Church's recovery program and just have received my temple recommend again. My son is now an Elder in the local singles ward. My wife isn't perfectly healthy and occasionally has setbacks, but we as a family are stronger and happier than we have ever been and have given blessing with my son and others. She even told me the other day that she finally has the husband that she has always wanted.

I testify that the Savior is real. He literally gave me a new heart and now rejoice every day because the Savior literally fulfilled every promise he has made to me. I feel like an excited new member of the Church and will never be the same. If any one of you are struggling keep pressing forward. The joy is only around the corner.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

No dreams were never a nice, happy thing... When I was younger I had a lot of nightmares, all of them containing... well I am not sure what she was, I do know other people I know have dreamed about her.
She was an ordinary looking woman (though sometimes had my face) black hair, usually had twigs in it, dead twigs. Her dress was always tattered and stained in blood. She had huge claws on her hands and bird like feet, and wings she flew around on (like a crow).

Closest I can think of was during one of these dreams, she forced me to climb a mountain (several others too, though pulled them down to their deaths) and there was a crystal pyramid at the top, but she wouldn't go near it. It radiated light and, I woke up.
And that was the last dream she was ever in.

KFarber
captain of 50

Post by KFarber »

eyes2see wrote:Two times I have "seen" the Savior. Twice more I have heard His voice. A few times I have had prophetic dreams which have come to pass. And at least once, possible twice, I have seen non-terrestrial beings. I've also had an interaction with an opposing power which came upon me like an unseen force. Since the topic is about the Savior, I will speak to those events.

When I was 10 years old, I was praying at my bedside. A growing brightness appeared in the corner of my room. It was not like "a light at noon day" but it was a distinguishable light in the darkness in which I watched what seemed like a movie playing before me. It was a vision. In the vision, I saw some events happen which I clearly recognize as occurring in a pre-mortal life. I saw myself interacting with the Savior at certain points and I saw events from the garden and Golgatha as well as the Lord's return to the presence of God.

Five years late, I was a rebellious teenager. In spite of that childhood glimpse, I turned to atheism. A dash of hedonism was thrown in. It was a dark time. I could rationalize away my spiritual experiences as indoctrination and conditioning. I felt disdain for my parents and others who had "bought into" the idea that there was life beyond the grave. Like Cain, I cried "I am free" all while feeling bitterly cold shackles around my ankle, chaining me to an everlasting sorrow. I attended church, more to avoid getting caught at misbehaving than for any other reason. My YW president saw my heart. She drove me home from an activity one night and shared her own rebellious history. I listened to her and I felt those spiritual stirrings. I swallowed them down, refusing to let myself be taken in by the mere firing of synapses. I stepped out of her car, parked in my driveway, and as clearly as if He had been standing beside me, I heard the voice of the Lord in my ears. He called me by name and said simply "It's time for you to come home." The experience was undeniable. My burden lifted. The darkness gave way to an ever brightening day.

When I was 20, I had another experience, this time less ethereal. In fact, every experience has been more tangible than the last. Again, I was praying at night. This time beside a different bed, in a different part of the country. I approached the heavens crushed by the weight of sorrow. This time it was not me who was lost. Like Enos, my sins forgiven, I prayed for all those who would reject the glad message of the gospel. I poured my heart out on their behalf and then confessed that I did not think I had the strength to serve a mission to people who would reject the Savior. At that time, my understanding was limited. I had no appreciation for just how far the Savior would and could go to bring each of us home. The darkness in the room thickened around me. A felt a veil before me - a thick darkness I could literally move aside with my hand. I felt the presence of my deceased grandmother on the other side as well as other family members I barely knew but from whom I sensed and overwhelming love. The Lord offered me the opportunity to leave this life. I was shown the consequences of my choice. I saw my brother and sister-in-law (I was living with them at the time to work in preparation for my mission) find my cold body in the bed the next day. I saw the heartache of my parents. I chose to stay. Then I heard words that time has born out. "Your life will be difficult. You will be tried. But you will always know that this was your choice." In an instant the despair left and I was filled with a sense of purpose and peace.

Late 2007, my family is in crisis. We have experienced a trial I won't detail and my husband and I are kneeling beside our bed. My husband prays sobbing and then invites me to pray. I have no words. None. My mind fills with a favorite and familiar phrase from the New Testament. "Lord, help Thou mine unbelief." Bone piercing warmth fills me as a blinding light fills the room several feet away. I can barely see through the light at the face of the Lord but the sweetness and light are engulfing. The acceptance and love, the serenity, they are staggering. Time stands still. He doesn't speak. The Father seems to be behind Him off to one side but the brightness is nearly blinding and it is hard to clearly distinguish anything or anyone beyond the Savior who was closest to me. No words were exchanged audibly but the influx of pure knowledge was undeniable. I can't even begin to describe the peace, comfort, and compassion. And the certainty and depth of His love. Certain things I simply just knew from that point on. The experience accelerated a process of learning in which I was led to one bit of doctrine after another which confirmed everything I felt in the Savior's presence. I knew my sins were forgiven. I was able to forgive others and see others as He sees them. Scriptures I thought I understood were opened to me in a new way. The whole world just plain changed. For the better.

None of these experiences were merited. I am as flawed, maybe more so, than many people I know. The one thing I know is that I am a new creature. I have been changed in profound and permanent ways because I can't unsee or unfeel what I experienced that day. I'm still imperfect in a million ways but I have never since doubted my standing with God. Not because of who I am but because of who He is.

Wow, thanks for sharing.

LDSMormons
Hi, I'm new.

Post by LDSMormons »

I was sitting at the edge of my bed and looking into the mirror and suddenly my head tilted back and I blacked. Upon coming into the vision I was badly addicted to spice or synthetic marijuana spending almost 120 dollars every two to three days and marijuana just as bad and cigarettes at 14 years two packs a day and see before marriage I was scared to get married wouldn't work no high school diploma, anywho, I blacked and suddenly I'm floating upward in the sky because I see blue sky and clouds floating downward as I'm going upward. I look up to see where I'm going and I see the heavens open and a bright light brighter than the sun appears and I see Jesus Christ in the middle of the conduit or opened heavens, I get scared because I thought I was dying and shake myself to wake which I did and what I now know as the Spirit filled me to a brink of love and complete shock to where I couldn't sit still I started pacing in the hallway and as I'm pacing and feel this unnatural feeling or spiritual high this thunderous and powerful just very powerful voice starts speaking to me and I couldn't help but uncontrollably cry and He says I love you my son and I'm proud of you I want to help you but if you want me to help you, you have to stop if you want my help you have to quit. Before this I've always had a knowledge not faith but a knowledge even not knowing Hiss word but that Jesus was alive and our Savior but anywho 6 months later missionaries came to my door on January 1 2014 and I quit cigarettes in one prayer and the first prayer I did in a long time thing is I felt that same spirit after praying I felt after the Savior speaking and seeing him and spice and drinking and got married and go to school now and waiting for Melchizedek priesthood and scripture studying I just thirst and hunger after righteousness and knowledge for spiritual food and growth. I love all of you brothers and sisters. I truly love you all and I believe you all. Please add me on facebook my name is theodickerson24@gmal.com I have a lot of testimonies and very intellectual on scriptures and I'd love to have more spiritually elected friends. In Jesus Christ. Amen!

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

I've never heard it called spice before, how very Dune...

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

Sirocco wrote:No dreams were never a nice, happy thing... When I was younger I had a lot of nightmares, all of them containing... well I am not sure what she was, I do know other people I know have dreamed about her.
She was an ordinary looking woman (though sometimes had my face) black hair, usually had twigs in it, dead twigs. Her dress was always tattered and stained in blood. She had huge claws on her hands and bird like feet, and wings she flew around on (like a crow).

Closest I can think of was during one of these dreams, she forced me to climb a mountain (several others too, though pulled them down to their deaths) and there was a crystal pyramid at the top, but she wouldn't go near it. It radiated light and, I woke up.
And that was the last dream she was ever in.
They so often have claws... even the one that said it was the "All Mother" (and All Father, it always changed them) though that time I know it was my mind projecting other things onto it...
(It had taken the form of an alien from a sci fi I was writing).
The third one... there's 3 of these, I think is some sort of balance between the two.
None of them have told me to do anything of any real importance.
Just filled me with a feeling...

witnessofjesus
captain of 10

Post by witnessofjesus »

i have called myself a "witness" of jesus for about 15 years now! i find people everywhere that claim one form or another of seeing jesus. i had 3 visions of jesus at the age of 27.
the first one, was plainly and purely and OBE, where i was sleeping in my van at my dads house in eastern washington. i watched myself float out of my body, and then out of the Van i was sleeping in, and then into the the morning sun where the person of Glory appeared before and the glory was very great. its something most people would never forget. there is a painting in the church, which i use for an avatar at Yahoo Q&A, in the religion and spirituality section where i have been answering questions for the past 15 years. among other things. my life has been blessed with Much spiritual experiences. i consecrated my life to be a witness of jesus in order to know which church to join, and which one was the true church... guess what, the church of jesus christ of latter day saints fits that answer to prayer. it took me another 7 years after that age to come to the three visions.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

That's cool, witness.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

I love my Father in Heaven. I also love my Savior. I need Him, yet I am not worthy. If I could sing, I would sing this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tQPC-SX-Rvw

O Divine Redeemer

Ah! Turn me not away,
Receive me tho' unworthy;
Hear Thou my cry,
Behold, Lord, my distress!
Answer me from thy throne
Haste Thee, Lord to mine aid,
Thy pity shew in my deep anguish!
Let not the sword of vengeance smite me,
Though righteous thine anger,
O Lord! Shield me in danger, O regard me!
On Thee, Lord, alone will I call.
O Divine Redeemer!
I pray Thee, grant me pardon,
and remember not, remember not my sins!
Forgive me, O Divine Redeemer!
Night gathers round my soul;
Fearful, I cry to Thee;
Come to mine aid, O Lord!
Haste Thee, Lord, haste to help me!
Hear my cry! Save me Lord in Thy mercy;
Come and save me O Lord
Save, in the day of retribution,
From Death shield Thou me, O my God!
O Divine Redeemer, have mercy!
Help me, my Saviour!

braingrunt
captain of 1,000

Post by braingrunt »

Many years ago before I met my wife, I once saw Jesus in a lucid dream. I approached and kneeled down. I don't recall seeing his face, nor do I recall any speaking. I didn't feel VERY much, but I didn't feel rejected.

There's a strange story behind this. If you don't want to read about some sexual dreams, skip the next paragraph.

I was having many many many lucid dreams at this time. I would be dreaming normally and at some point something would feel wrong, making me ask myself if I was dreaming. I would usually ponder the question for a several moments. When I came to the conviction that I was dreaming, I would abandon the storyline and either fly around just for fun, or would go searching for a woman willing to make me have to change my underwear when I woke up. This had become an increasingly frustrating quest, because even though I told myself none of the people were real, guilt over earlier dreams made it so I would never take advantage without asking and getting consent. Over time it became harder and harder to find a willing partner. The women were more and more likely to say no, and over time my dreams were becoming depopulated, so that there were few or no people in them... as though they were purposefully abandoning me so as not to be targets or witnesses of my actions. It was also becoming more and more likely that bizarre (and killjoy) transformations would happen to the woman before satisfaction.

I had been telling myself that everyone had sexual dreams and good sources had said we were not accountable for them. But the conviction was growing in me, that being semi lucid, I was different and at least partially accountable. One day I thought, "tonight, if I dream lucid", I will pray and look for Jesus instead. Perhaps it won't be a violation of my current level of faith to see him in a dream, cuz hey I can always dismiss it as a dream. In short, I had pretty good confidence that I might encounter him if I sought.

I repeated this intention nightly until one night I found myself dreaming lucidly. I almost forgot and embarked on my usual quest. But last minute I recalled my intention, and started to pray. I can't remember exactly how it progressed but I ended up meeting Jesus as I described.

In spite of the silent and unemotional nature of the encounter, I think something real happened in that dream; because as best I can trace it, that was the beginning of the end of my lucid dreaming, and of that particular type of sexual dream. My dreams started to have a little more continuity and people started to repopulate them. I count that as a healing.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

That's awesome, braingrunt!

Thanks for posting that delicious hymn, rewcox.

Simon
captain of 1,000

Post by Simon »

braingrunt wrote:Many years ago before I met my wife, I once saw Jesus in a lucid dream. I approached and kneeled down. I don't recall seeing his face, nor do I recall any speaking. I didn't feel VERY much, but I didn't feel rejected.

There's a strange story behind this. If you don't want to read about some sexual dreams, skip the next paragraph.

I was having many many many lucid dreams at this time. I would be dreaming normally and at some point something would feel wrong, making me ask myself if I was dreaming. I would usually ponder the question for a several moments. When I came to the conviction that I was dreaming, I would abandon the storyline and either fly around just for fun, or would go searching for a woman willing to make me have to change my underwear when I woke up. This had become an increasingly frustrating quest, because even though I told myself none of the people were real, guilt over earlier dreams made it so I would never take advantage without asking and getting consent. Over time it became harder and harder to find a willing partner. The women were more and more likely to say no, and over time my dreams were becoming depopulated, so that there were few or no people in them... as though they were purposefully abandoning me so as not to be targets or witnesses of my actions. It was also becoming more and more likely that bizarre (and killjoy) transformations would happen to the woman before satisfaction.

I had been telling myself that everyone had sexual dreams and good sources had said we were not accountable for them. But the conviction was growing in me, that being semi lucid, I was different and at least partially accountable. One day I thought, "tonight, if I dream lucid", I will pray and look for Jesus instead. Perhaps it won't be a violation of my current level of faith to see him in a dream, cuz hey I can always dismiss it as a dream. In short, I had pretty good confidence that I might encounter him if I sought.

I repeated this intention nightly until one night I found myself dreaming lucidly. I almost forgot and embarked on my usual quest. But last minute I recalled my intention, and started to pray. I can't remember exactly how it progressed but I ended up meeting Jesus as I described.

In spite of the silent and unemotional nature of the encounter, I think something real happened in that dream; because as best I can trace it, that was the beginning of the end of my lucid dreaming, and of that particular type of sexual dream. My dreams started to have a little more continuity and people started to repopulate them. I count that as a healing.
I recently came across a book that mentioned that often times dreams, especially when quiet relistic and when being of sexual nature, can also be caused by mind controle ( which can happen in many ways, for example the media e.t.c. ) ..Sexual dreams are what neg entities like to feed on. So its not always really our fault, asuming this really happens.But there are ways we can learn to controle these things too..

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

Simon wrote:I recently came across a book that mentioned that often times dreams, especially when quiet relistic and when being of sexual nature, can also be caused by mind controle ( which can happen in many ways, for example the media e.t.c. ) ..Sexual dreams are what neg entities like to feed on. So its not always really our fault, asuming this really happens.But there are ways we can learn to controle these things too..
When I was in high school, they taught us Freud in psychology class. When the teacher told us that our nonsexual dreams were about sex because our subconscious minds were afraid to admit we had sexual thoughts or feelings, I wondered what my dreams about sex meant. It didn't compute. If my subconscious was afraid of showing me that, why did it show me that? (rhetorical question)

Personally, I don't subscribe to the idea that sexual dreams have anything to do with mind control any more than a dream about anything else I am exposed to or experience is about mind control.

The teacher also told us that dreaming we were pregnant meant we felt burdened (words to that effect; I don't recall the exact words). That made no sense to me. My religion and my society had taught me from infancy that having babies was awesome. I was drawn to babies since I was a preschooler.

Turns out, my dreams of being pregnant (unless I was actually pregnant) meant I had an idea I wanted to bring to fruition, I was creating something I wanted to have life and viability. My dreams about babies (unless I was pregnant or had babies of my own irl) also represented ideas, albeit more advanced ideas, ideas that had some life to them already. Had nothing to do with actual babies.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

When I was close to delivering my first baby, I had a dream that I had delivered a belligerent, blond, teenage boy. I sure would like to know what the hell that was about.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

Jezebel wrote:When I was close to delivering my first baby, I had a dream that I had delivered a belligerent, blond, teenage boy. I sure would like to know what the hell that was about.
:)) Prophecy, my dear. Just wait. :p

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

=)) =)) =))

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Bump. From a ten year old girl: http://www.therealtruthbylaurie.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Desert Roses
captain of 1,000

Post by Desert Roses »

Very cool, Marc. I have never "seen" the Savior, but on two separate occasions, I knew he was present in the temple. The first time, I was in the middle of an abusive marriage, and struggling day to day just to try to keep active in the church and focused on the Lord. One day, I went to the temple, feeling terrible despair, and a hopelessness I can't even describe. I just wanted to feel better. As I sat in the endowment room, I KNEW HE was there, even though my physical eyes could not see Him. I felt him there, and it filled me with more joy and peace than I have ever felt. It was so very intense that I was a little frightened.

A number of years later, I was divorced from said abusive marriage, and living in Salt Lake. I was struggling to complete a Master's degree, work full-time, and care for 3 children. My ex-husband was threatening a custody fight, and I was not sure how I was going to keep going. I went to the Salt Lake temple, as was my weekly habit at this point. As I left the celestial room, and descended the stairs to the dressing area, I was aware that the Savior stood on the landing. I stopped, wanting to fall to my knees. I could "see" the hem of His robe. I noticed several others walk past me, and I wondered why they couldn't tell He was there. After a few minutes, I (to my sorrow today) went on down the stairs, instead of falling to my knees as I felt a great desire to do.

I know the Savior is in the temples; the endowment is a plain and clear description of the way to come to Him, where He alone will open the way for us into the Celestial Kingdom. I have been able to know of His presence there; I love to attend, always aware that He may be there one day.

lgr3065
captain of 100

Post by lgr3065 »

Lovely experience, thanks for sharing. The beautiful thing is, He is not restricted to the temples. He can attend us wherever it is needed. We tend to restrict Him from our presence by feeling that it is only the temples he can come to.

LDS Dude
captain of 50

Post by LDS Dude »

I have not seen Him, but have had some experiences that come in dreams. In one dream I could not see his face but knew it was him through his touching my shoulder and transmitting perfect knowledge to me without a hint of reproof but just with pure understanding/fact. I understood it was during the pre-existent state and won't go into details since they might make me sound egotistical and I don't know if it was more symbolic than literal. I also had an experience in another dream before my mission that let me know my sins were forgiven me and did experience what was a light and the most perfect feeling of overpowering happiness one can imagine. In contrast, I also had an earlier dream where a voice of 'many waters' and thunder communicated a brief message. The closest I can describe that interaction as far as the limited visuals and the audio is the scene in the Lion King where his father comes back to leave a message with his son. My experience happened several years before that movie came out and when I saw that scene I was taken aback and realized someone must have had a similar experience to be able to put that in the movie with so much familiarity of visuals and audio. I've had other more minor experiences such as one most recently that let me understand better how much the Savior has been rejected and how well he understands rejection so perfectly. That was likened to the much more limited but still personally poignant rejection I face in my own existence from time to time.
Last edited by LDS Dude on July 30th, 2015, 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Daniel updated his site with one new entry today. I have felt impressed to share the link online, especially Facebook amid all the turmoil and political correctness landscape. As he has written this to the world openly, I will bump this thread back to the top:

http://thesecondcomforter.com/my-advice/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

durangout
captain of 1,000

Post by durangout »

In find it interesting that the posters in the comments seciton read like a who's-who list of "The Remnant".

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

I find Daniel's experience infinitely more interesting. :)