News You Can Use

Discuss political news items / current events.
mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

News You Can Use

Post by mes5464 »

It has been suggested that I start a thread to contain my new posts. I don't really like doing it that way but I have decided to do it out of respect for my fellow forum members.

Here we go.

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Unv. of CA Study: National Debt Is Really $70T

Post by mes5464 »

University of California Study: National Debt Is Really $70 Trillion

James Hamilton, an economics professor at the University of California, San Diego, just published his best estimate of the federal government’s “off-balance-sheet” liabilities, in which he concludes that the real national debt, popularly estimated to be $16.9 trillion, is in fact more than four times larger: $70.086 trillion. This is because of decisions to leave out certain unfunded liabilities when the national debt is counted. He explains:
Last edited by mes5464 on June 15th, 2018, 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: News You Can Use

Post by msfreeh »

Suggestion.
I have been criticized on other forums for posting useful information that is difficult for researchers
to access. Example putting climate change in the same posting topic with pedophilia.
Or putting material dealing with voter fraud ....etc
So I have tried to contain the subject matter so if people with an interest in global warming
go to heatisonline that is what they will find,kibbish?

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

President Uchtdorf, speaking in the Priesthood session of the October 2009 General Conference,( that is, to us in our day), reminded us that "For members of the Church, education is not merely a good idea—it’s a commandment. We are to learn "of things both in heaven and in the earth, and under the earth; things which have been, things which are, things which must shortly come to pass; things which are at home, things which are abroad;" The remainder of that Verse 79, which was referenced in the published version President Uchtdorf's address, reads "The wars and the perplexities of the nations, and the judgments which are on the land; and a knowledge also of countries and of kingdoms–" A knowledge about these things is essential to understanding the threats that prophets have warned will afflict us in our time.

I take that to mean that we are commanded to pay attention to what has been, is, and will be going on in the world.
things which have been = history
things which are = current events
things which must shortly come to pass = prophecy

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

msfreeh wrote:Suggestion.
I have been criticized on other forums for posting useful information that is difficult for researchers
to access. Example putting climate change in the same posting topic with pedophilia.
Or putting material dealing with voter fraud ....etc
So I have tried to contain the subject matter so if people with an interest in global warming
go to heatisonline that is what they will find,kibbish?
Probably a good idea but this is way more effort than I want to put into this. I just want to share news that I think is relevant and that people should know.

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

lundbaek wrote:President Uchtdorf, speaking in the Priesthood session of the October 2009 General Conference,( that is, to us in our day), reminded us that "For members of the Church, education is not merely a good idea—it’s a commandment. We are to learn "of things both in heaven and in the earth, and under the earth; things which have been, things which are, things which must shortly come to pass; things which are at home, things which are abroad;" The remainder of that Verse 79, which was referenced in the published version President Uchtdorf's address, reads "The wars and the perplexities of the nations, and the judgments which are on the land; and a knowledge also of countries and of kingdoms–" A knowledge about these things is essential to understanding the threats that prophets have warned will afflict us in our time.

I take that to mean that we are commanded to pay attention to what has been, is, and will be going on in the world.
things which have been = history
things which are = current events
things which must shortly come to pass = prophecy

Agreed.

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Boy Prays TO Obama

Post by mes5464 »

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

That is seriously disturbing. He has probably been coached by his mom or dad. Just wow.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

3 years ago this month President Packer advised us that "We live in a time of war, that spiritual war that will never end. Moroni warned us that the secret combinations begun by Gadianton ‘are had among all people." 25 years ago President Bensons warned us that " A secret combination that seeks to overthrow the freedom of all lands, nations and countries is increasing its evil influence and control over America and the entire world." This should not be news to any of us here, but I think it helps to be aware of this as we try to analyze the recent and latest news. All the "news" we usually read or hear is generally a mix of truth, half-truths, misinformation, and disinformation. Filtering out the truth begins with finding reliable sources, and I venture to say that the above statements come from sources about as reliable as they get.

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Federal Government Launches Investigation of Planned Parenth

Post by mes5464 »

Federal Government Launches Investigation of Planned Parenthood

http://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/f ... parenthood" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It is about time!

My question is this, are you willing to stop paying taxes if it is found that tax dollars are funding abortions?

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Missing: 78 children from Oklahoma Department of Human Servi

Post by mes5464 »

Missing: 78 children from Oklahoma Department of Human Services custody
Seventy-eight children in custody of the Oklahoma Department of Human Services are missing.

Thirty-eight of them have been missing for more than three months.
http://newsok.com/missing-78-children-f ... le/3871014" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Obama to Sign UN Arms Treaty This Month While Congress is in

Post by mes5464 »

Obama to Sign UN Arms Treaty This Month While Congress is in Recess
President Obama will move forward with adding his signature to the UN Arms Treaty before the end of this month according to Press Secretary Jay Carney.

It is feared and predicted by many gun rights groups and advocates that the treaty, if ratified, could open up the US gun market to international regulation.
http://gunssavelives.net/blog/gun-laws/ ... e+Lives%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

The President has the power to negotiate and make treaties, but 2/3 of the Senate must concur/ratify any treaty for it to have the force of law. So let's see what actually happens.

moonwhim
captain of 1,000

Re: Federal Government Launches Investigation of Planned Par

Post by moonwhim »

mes5464 wrote:Federal Government Launches Investigation of Planned Parenthood

http://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/f ... parenthood" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It is about time!

My question is this, are you willing to stop paying taxes if it is found that tax dollars are funding abortions?
Question is: can we trust the Government's investigation findings???

heartsongs
captain of 100

Post by heartsongs »

lundbaek wrote:The President has the power to negotiate and make treaties, but 2/3 of the Senate must concur/ratify any treaty for it to have the force of law. So let's see what actually happens.
Sad part is, that it seems that they make and break whatever law(s) they feel like. It also appears that they can get away with it too.

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Family Raided By SWAT Team For Their Weeds

Post by mes5464 »

Family Raided By SWAT Team For Their Weeds
Arlington, Texas — A family with a passion for gardening and conscious living was raided by the Arlington SWAT team early Friday morning. All 8 adults present in the house were initially handcuffed at the gunpoint of heavily armed SWAT officers, including the mother of a 22 month old and a two week old baby who was separated from her children during the raid. I had a chance to interview Quinn who gave me his first hand account of the raid and the background behind it all.
After several hours and many requests from the community members, the City Police Officers finally produced two warrants. The first was a Search Warrant for a suspected marijuana growth and distribution operation purportedly being concealed on the premises. There was also an Inspection & Abatement Warrant for code compliance violations such as tall grass and storage in the yard, an issue that the City of Arlington and The Garden of Eden have been disputing since February of this year. The marijuana warrant was issued based on an unsubstantiated claim by an Arlington City Police Officer of possession of marijuana by one of the community members for which there is no police record. Garden of Eden community members also say they have a series of documents showing that their dispute with the City of Arlington over the code compliance violations had already been addressed and settled.
http://www.bobtuskin.com/2013/08/12/fam ... for-weeds/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How much do you want to bet they never had the warrants before the raid, and then got warrants that matched what they found.

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Federal Government Launches Investigation of Planned Par

Post by mes5464 »

moonwhim wrote:
mes5464 wrote:Federal Government Launches Investigation of Planned Parenthood

It is about time!

Question is: can we trust the Government's investigation findings???
Agreed, but here is how I think this will play out.

They will do the investigation and admit that they are funding abortions with tax dollars.
Then there will be a small debate about it, and then either nothing will happen or a law will be passed to permit them to use tax funds for abortions.
That is my prediction.

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Google: Gmail users ‘have no legitimate expectation of priva

Post by mes5464 »

Google: Gmail users ‘have no legitimate expectation of privacy’
As tensions worsen among privacy-focused email users amid the escalating scandal surrounding government surveillance, a brief filed by attorneys for Google has surfaced showing that Gmail users should never expect their communications to be kept secret.
http://rt.com/usa/google-gmail-motion-privacy-453/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Miss Teen USA Reveals Cyberstalking and Extortion Plot

Post by mes5464 »

Miss Teen USA Reveals Cyberstalking and Extortion Plot
Cassidy Wolf should be on top of the world after being crowned Miss Teen USA Saturday in the Bahamas. But the 19-year-old is using her newfound fame to reveal a very dark private struggle.

Four months ago, Wolf, a California native, was notified that someone had tried to log into her Facebook account from a different state. Shortly after, she received an anonymous email from someone claiming to have hacked into the webcam on the computer in her bedroom. The stalker tried to extort the teen saying the photos would not be made public in return.

"I wasn't aware that somebody was watching me [on my webcam]," Wolf, who was targeted before she'd won her national title, told Today.com. "The light [on the camera] didn't even go on, so I had no idea."
http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb-news/m ... 05569.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So, don't have a webcam! But, if you must have one put a piece of electrical tape over it and take it off when you plan to use it.

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

The Surprising Benefit of Having Siblings

Post by mes5464 »

The Surprising Benefit of Having Siblings
The more siblings you have, the better you chance of a long-lasting marriage. With each sibling (up to about seven), your probability of getting divorced is reduced by 2 percent, according to research published Tuesday by the American Sociological Association. “This study suggests one positive benefit of having siblings,” Donna Bobbitt-Zeher, co-author of the study and assistant professor of sociology at Ohio State University, told Yahoo! Shine. “This is significant because it shows a long-term consequence of growing up with siblings.”
http://shine.yahoo.com/love-sex/more-si ... 25866.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Need Nail Polish Remover? Bring Your ID

Post by mes5464 »

Need Nail Polish Remover? Bring Your ID
The next time you need to swing by the drugstore to pick up some supplies for your at-home manicure, you might want to make sure you have a valid driver's license with you.
It turns out acetone, a key ingredient found in many formulas of nail polish remover, is also being used illegally to make crystal meth. And since some amateur chemists have been scooping up the product in bulk to create the psychoactive drug, the megachain drugstore CVS is taking action to prevent acetone from getting into the wrong hands.
http://shine.yahoo.com/beauty/cvs-cardi ... 00653.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just what we need. CVS to be our mother, alone with Fed, State, Local governments. But not Mom. She's no longer qualified to be mom.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Great thread! Keep up the good work!

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

coachmarc wrote:Great thread! Keep up the good work!
Thank you Coach

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

California Poised to Pass Bill Requiring License and Backgro

Post by mes5464 »

California Poised to Pass Bill Requiring License and Background Checks for Ammo Purchases
As if ammo isn’t hard enough to get in recent days, California is seeking to make it even harder to acquire.

Senate Bill 53, first introduced in December has passed the California State Senate.

The bill will require anyone wanting to purchase gun ammunition to obtain a license from the state, which is good for only 1 year and required a background check as well as a mental health check to acquire.

The bill would also require all ammunition dealers to acquire a license from the state as well as track and report all ammo sales at their location.

The bill would completely eliminate online and mail order sales of ammunition.
http://gunssavelives.net/self-defense/c ... purchases/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This already sounds like the UN Small Arms Treaty. When will people wake up to the fact that states can't violate the Constitution either.

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Kerry: Obama Will Act on Climate Change Without Congressiona

Post by mes5464 »

Kerry: Obama Will Act on Climate Change Without Congressional Approval
"So the challenge is ahead of us, for all of us, and I know that the United States has a great commitment under President Obama to take our own initiatives, not even to wait for congressional action, but to move administratively in order to do our part. I know we can continue to work with Brazil on this issue of climate, and we look forward to doing so."
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/ker ... l-approval" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So, in a previous report we learn that Obama is going to sign the UN Small Arms Treaty with congressional approval and now he plans to move ahead with "climate change" without a law. We have a criminal in the White House and it is time we impeach him and send him and his cabinet to jail.