The Ultimate George Albert Smith Prophecy Thread

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Re: The Ultimate George Albert Smith Prophecy Thread

Post by iWriteStuff »

stephenj wrote:One thing is certain. Whether you believe this is a real prophecy or not, whether something happens on the 16th or not, if Trump is president on January 21st then the whole thing must be false! We are less than 3 weeks from a definitive answer which nobody can argue with.
I seem to recall being in this same position before with a prediction about late spring snow in SLC followed by a "Wasatch Wake Up" quake.... I didn't lose any sleep over it then, either.

When was the last time anyone heard a General Authority reference the GAS "prophecy" in conference or otherwise? Not like there haven't been plenty of opportunities since it was published. If true, it would be ground shakingly important. If false.......?

e-eye2.0
captain of 100

Post by e-eye2.0 »

stephenj wrote:One thing is certain. Whether you believe this is a real prophecy or not, whether something happens on the 16th or not, if Trump is president on January 21st then the whole thing must be false! We are less than 3 weeks from a definitive answer which nobody can argue with.

I would guess that instead of it being debunked it will be kicked like a can down the road 4 or 8 or even 12 more years.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

Ask any two people who were at the same event a decade later about it and some of the details will be the same but more than likely you will get a completely different story.

This is even more true if they were kids when it occurred.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

iWriteStuff wrote:
I seem to recall being in this same position before with a prediction about late spring snow in SLC followed by a "Wasatch Wake Up" quake.... I didn't lose any sleep over it then, either.

When was the last time anyone heard a General Authority reference the GAS "prophecy" in conference or otherwise? Not like there haven't been plenty of opportunities since it was published. If true, it would be ground shakingly important. If false.......?
Maybe Greek means a woman. That is some time off yet.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

rewcox wrote:
iWriteStuff wrote:

Maybe Greek means a woman. That is some time off yet.
Because what they say is unintelligible by men? It's all Greek to me. (A thousand pardons)

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

e-eye2.0 wrote:

I would guess that instead of it being debunked it will be kicked like a can down the road 4 or 8 or even 12 more years.
Your comment is a more accurate prediction than what the intrepid kirtland has been spreading here.

e-eye2.0
captain of 100

Post by e-eye2.0 »

Silver wrote:
e-eye2.0 wrote:

Your comment is a more accurate prediction than what the intrepid kirtland has been spreading here.

Personally I don't toss out what was recorded as I think there is a good chance it happened but there is a good chance it had a few errors and a better chance the timing is wrong but in the end it's probably not all that important to anybodies salvation. We have been warned of calamities, war, rumors of war, and destruction as this earth is cleansed. The Lord gives us signs so we can be prepared as he loves us and we should show our love by being prepared even if these types of things kick off tomorrow or in 20 years. There are a lot of people who have the timelines wrong but we all know that things will get bad sooner or later. Just plant those cherry trees and follow the spirit.

ladyliberty
captain of 10

Post by ladyliberty »

I am a little skeptical of this prophesy, the reason being, why didn't GAS record the prophesy in his journal? If you had such a dream wouldn't you record it in writing while it was fresh in your mind. I would. Since we know Obama is not of "Greek extraction" as it states, maybe the word extraction was not used by GAS, but just stated "Greek". Let's say Bro. Horne got it a little wrong by using the word extraction thinking GAS meant a ethinic/racial meaning instead of a slur used for " Uncle Toms"/traitors in the black community.

I googled the term " black Greek"' and found several You-Tube videos that talk about college educated blacks who join fraternities/sororities and pledge to the Greek ones. Found that those who desire to be wealthy are said to have joined the
Boule Society ( a secret society) which the blacks say is the Blacks version of skull and bones. This Boule Society is of course
critized by the black community because they only desire wealth for themselves without helping the poor and one not to trust.
Here are two titles of the videos recommended to get started. The 1st one is ok, but the 2nd one has a f-bomb in it.
2nd one is a song that is titled. " A Greek is a Fraud" which makes a good point that a "Greek" is basically a "fraud".
You-Tube titles:

"Why do black people want to pledge and call themselves Greeks?"

"Steve Cokely and Bobby Hemmitt- A Greek is a Fraud (Boule House Party)"

Aaronjs0005
captain of 50

Post by Aaronjs0005 »

olinselot wrote: September 8th, 2014, 5:30 pm Can we reinvigorate this discussion in light of what is going on in the world now?
President Smith stated: "I saw the United States withdraw its missiles to appease the Soviet Union, and then the war began."
This just happened last year. Hillary Clinton met with Sergei Lavrov (Russian Foreign Ambassador) to "reset" nuclear tensions with Russia. The plan unfolded in 2012 with a program called the Life Extension Program (LEP).
On October 29, 2013 - 90 % of the U.S. nuclear defenses were removed from Europe because of the pressures from Russia.
You can read the details here: http://armedservices.house.gov/index.cf ... splay=2013" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now we see Russia invading Ukraine and flying into the airspace of Finland. The reality of this prophecy seems to be unfolding and on track for a 2016-2017 full our war.
Does anyone know if Trump would qualify as an "extraction" not of the normal European blood? I guess him being half German or so is not normal. It also is being reported in some of these version of President Smith's supposed prophecy that the dollar would have collapsed. I don't see that happening anytime soon unless a world war hit the U.S.hard. Could it be they had hat out of order and the dollar collapsing was after the war?

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

Condoleeza Rice will be the next President of the United States. She is a member of the Alpha Chi Omega Sorority. That ought to give the conspiracy theorists something to chew on.

Chris
captain of 100

Post by Chris »

I do believe this prophecy 100%

There are several accounts and they are all very close. Here is how I think we should approach this prophecy.

First and foremost we need to remember the 2 main accounts are from a 12 year old and a 14 year old. When I was 12 I didn't know what inauguration day meant...... NO ONE CAN ARGUE- Obama is responsible not only for the collapse, but also WW3. He did everything to set this in motion. So 80% of this prophecy is fulfilled! The other 20% is the day the bombs drop and the money is worthless. Both of which are at the door as we speak. So what if what if what GAS said was actually shortly after inauguration day! Or shortly after elections. Remember this was 70 years ago. A prophecy is just going to lay out the main points. Living it there may be several months in between . I for one think he did say something very close to what is recorded and I do believe Obama is to blame for all of it. I sadly feel the really painful things he saw are just a few months away!

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Chris wrote: May 11th, 2017, 10:25 am I do believe this prophecy 100%

There are several accounts and they are all very close. Here is how I think we should approach this prophecy.

First and foremost we need to remember the 2 main accounts are from a 12 year old and a 14 year old. When I was 12 I didn't know what inauguration day meant...... NO ONE CAN ARGUE- Obama is responsible not only for the collapse, but also WW3. He did everything to set this in motion. So 80% of this prophecy is fulfilled! The other 20% is the day the bombs drop and the money is worthless. Both of which are at the door as we speak. So what if what if what GAS said was actually shortly after inauguration day! Or shortly after elections. Remember this was 70 years ago. A prophecy is just going to lay out the main points. Living it there may be several months in between . I for one think he did say something very close to what is recorded and I do believe Obama is to blame for all of it. I sadly feel the really painful things he saw are just a few months away!
Do you promise to come back and own your statement quoted here in "a few months" and express your regret for being wrong?

Chris
captain of 100

Post by Chris »

Silver wrote: May 11th, 2017, 10:35 am

Do you promise to come back and own your statement quoted here in "a few months" and express your regret for being wrong?
Of course not! I am just saying I feel it is close at hand. I also feel the Revelations chapter 12 is legit and that puts things happening in and or by end of September. It isn't just us crazy Mormons talking about WW3 and the collapse it is now mainstream and every where you look. Which is a pretty good indicator we are getting close..... I do think 17 is the year but if not maybe 18 at latest. I just cant see it going much longer....

I also think this is the year Koyle saw. With snow up to the height of telephone poles in Utah. Which we have had, with the 3 apostles dying the year before. A republican president getting in trying to save the economy when it all comes crashing down!!
Last edited by Chris on May 11th, 2017, 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Chris wrote: May 11th, 2017, 11:00 am
Silver wrote: May 11th, 2017, 10:35 am

Of course not! I am just saying I feel it is close at hand. I also feel the Revelations chapter 12 is legit and that puts things happening in and or by end of September. It isn't just us crazy Mormons talking about WW3 and the collapse it is now mainstream and every where you look. Which is a pretty good indicator we are getting close..... I do think 17 is the year but if not maybe 18 at latest. I just cant see it going much longer....

I also think this is the year Koyle saw. With snow up to the height of telephone poles in Utah. Which we have had, followed by 3 apostles dying. A republican president getting in trying to save the economy when it all comes crashing down!!
OK, got it. Thanks.

2EstablishZion
captain of 100

Post by 2EstablishZion »

While I feel it is a true prophecy, I disagree with you on a couple of points. One being, in every version I have ever read, it is a very clear detail that it would occur after the election, but before the new president could take office. And that it (the attack)would occur on a holiday.

I also think that most prophecies are not fulfilled the way most people expect, and likely only in hindsight will people see the fulfillment of the prophecy.

gungadin500
captain of 50

Post by gungadin500 »

I drop into this forum once a month or so just to make sure that this thread is still the HQ for the self-appointed enforcers of making sure that anyone willing to venture an opinion on the timing or proximity of any future event is made to swear an oath to return and report if/when they are wrong. Thanks for confirming.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

gungadin500 wrote: May 11th, 2017, 12:12 pm I drop into this forum once a month or so just to make sure that this thread is still the HQ for the self-appointed enforcers of making sure that anyone willing to venture an opinion on the timing or proximity of any future event is made to swear an oath to return and report if/when they are wrong. Thanks for confirming.
Hahaha. Blimey, governor, is it me (said Judas Iscariot)? I asked him. LOL. I didn't demand that he return and report. But just so you're not in doubt, I always appreciate it when my betters lecture me for my own good.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

gungadin500 wrote: May 11th, 2017, 12:12 pm I drop into this forum once a month or so just to make sure that this thread is still the HQ for the self-appointed enforcers of making sure that anyone willing to venture an opinion on the timing or proximity of any future event is made to swear an oath to return and report if/when they are wrong. Thanks for confirming.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44089&p=749351#p749351

Now I get it. You were counting on something, anything!, to happen before Trump's inauguration so the little Horne boy's fascinating little yarn could be proven true.

Foreshadow
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Foreshadow »

I should start off by telling everyone that I attended university with one of David Horne's sons the year David typed up his memories of his great uncle George Albert Smith's visit to their family home evening when he was a boy.

David is very intelligent and so is his son. I had the opportunity to meet David and the rest of his family back in 1991. He's a little quirky, but I felt a strong impression while getting to know him that President Smith did indeed visit his family and did indeed have a vision about coming events. I believe time has caused details of that vision that was told by President Smith to become blurred and vague in his mind to some extent, but as a whole the main details are accurate.

I had the chance to message David's son a few months before the presidential election. I was really concerned that Hillary would get elected, and would have us go to war with Russia. As you may remember, Putin called all Russian delegates home right before the election.(see https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source= ... 0219379701)
asIked David's son regarding any updates of what his dad remembered. He said that he (speaking of himself) wasn't 100% sure about what Greek extract was supposed to mean. It could mean that either the President had Greek ancestry, or it could mean that the President just wasn't of Northern European or British descent. However, more importantly, he said his dad remembered that before this great attack, the Russians would demand that we give Alaska back to them. He also said that there were a few other things his dad remembered but would not reveal.
So there's the litmus test. If Russia demands Alaska back, then you can be sure that the events that David Horne heard from President Smith will shortly come to pass.
On that note, for anyone who is interested, please research all of the petroleum pipelines that feed Europe and see how many of them now traverse Russian controlled territory. It's been said that if petroleum supplies were cutoff to Europe that they would only have about 2 weeks supply. This fact helps make sense just why Russia invaded Ukraine and the Crimea peninsula.
This may be a bit off topic, but with all the changes that have come about recently in the church, only one has concerned me, that being reducing church time to 2 hours and making the gospel home based and church supported. I feel this may be the Lord preparing his saints for some future date when prostlyting is banned in the United States and elsewhere. It already is in Russia.
Assembling in meeting houses and temples might also be banned. The Lord has always given the saints forewarning and helped prepare them for major calamaties. Just look at The Proclamation to the World on the Family that came out in 1995. When it was published, I thought that it was redundant to the general public consensus. I would never have dreamed that the family would be attacked the way it has been since that time(and still is).
As far as the prophesy of George Albert Smith is concerned, be assured that the Lord will forewarn and prepare the obedient before that day, so that the majority of them will be in a place of safety when those events unfold.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

In 1991 or 1992 I read a copy of David Horne's report and learned of a more detailed revision. So I called David Horne and we talked for close to an hour. He referred me to a 1st cousin living here in Mesa, AZ, and I called him and went to visit him and review and discuss the revised report. I cannot add anything to what has already been stated on this topic, except that in discussing our similar professional careers I concluded that David is, as foreshadow wrote, highly intelligent and not likely given to frivolous story telling. I appreciate the continued interest in this topic.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 59941.html

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

lundbaek wrote: May 22nd, 2019, 11:21 am In 1991 or 1992 I read a copy of David Horne's report and learned of a more detailed revision. So I called David Horne and we talked for close to an hour. He referred me to a 1st cousin living here in Mesa, AZ, and I called him and went to visit him and review and discuss the revised report. I cannot add anything to what has already been stated on this topic, except that in discussing our similar professional careers I concluded that David is, as foreshadow wrote, highly intelligent and not likely given to frivolous story telling. I appreciate the continued interest in this topic.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 59941.html
The abreviated link doesn't do justice to the subject of your linked article: Russia nationalists want Alaska back . . . as mentioned by Foreshadow's post, above, and serving as a "litmus test".

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Foreshadow wrote: May 20th, 2019, 11:31 pm . . . . . . . .However, more importantly, he said his dad remembered that before this great attack, the Russians would demand that we give Alaska back to them. He also said that there were a few other things his dad remembered but would not reveal.
So there's the litmus test. If Russia demands Alaska back, then you can be sure that the events that David Horne heard from President Smith will shortly come to pass. . . . . . .

I feel this may be the Lord preparing his saints for some future date when prostlyting is banned in the United States and elsewhere. It already is in Russia.

Assembling in meeting houses and temples might also be banned. The Lord has always given the saints forewarning and helped prepare them for major calamaties. Just look at The Proclamation to the World on the Family that came out in 1995. When it was published, I thought that it was redundant to the general public consensus. I would never have dreamed that the family would be attacked the way it has been since that time(and still is). . . . . .
Is this true that proselyting is banned in Russian? Hadn't heard that.

And just wanted to comment that I had thought the Proclamation to the World on the Family was completely redundant, as well. Little did we know . . . . .
Last edited by larsenb on May 22nd, 2019, 11:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

larsenb wrote: May 22nd, 2019, 11:43 am
Foreshadow wrote: May 20th, 2019, 11:31 pm . . . . . . . .However, more importantly, he said his dad remembered that before this great attack, the Russians would demand that we give Alaska back to them. He also said that there were a few other things his dad remembered but would not reveal.
So there's the litmus test. If Russia demands Alaska back, then you can be sure that the events that David Horne heard from President Smith will shortly come to pass. . . . . . .

I feel this may be the Lord preparing his saints for some future date when prostlyting is banned in the United States and elsewhere. It already is in Russia.

Assembling in meeting houses and temples might also be banned. The Lord has always given the saints forewarning and helped prepare them for major calamaties. Just look at The Proclamation to the World on the Family that came out in 1995. When it was published, I thought that it was redundant to the general public consensus. I would never have dreamed that the family would be attacked the way it has been since that time(and still is). . . . . .
Is this true that proselyting is banned in Russian? Hadn't heard that.
Yes, it has been for awhile now -

https://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/ ... onary-work

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/865 ... teers.html

http://www.ldsliving.com/Church-Reassig ... ia/s/83120

https://www.rferl.org/a/with-missionary ... 83037.html

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Foreshadow wrote: May 20th, 2019, 11:31 pmHowever, more importantly, he said his dad remembered that before this great attack, the Russians would demand that we give Alaska back to them.
lundbaek wrote:https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 59941.html

Russian nationalists want Alaska back
- 150 years after it was sold to the US
Friday 31 March 2017
Most interesting....

Grosbisous1
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Grosbisous1 »

I just spent a good little while reading through this entire thread. First off I believe in the prophecy of GAS. It mirrors the prophecies of Joseph Smith White Horse prophecy, John Taylor's vision, Pen name "Spencer"'s visions from the Book Visions of Glory. My buddy's father does all the wealth planning for the General Authorities and know who Spencer is.
The Bishop that did the dream mine , Ogden Kraut
Henry Gruever who is not of our faith but a man nonetheless a devote Christian.
They all say and show the same general pictures. They also have some very specific details.
But you can't go wrong with scripture. The Apocrypha that was removed out of the KJB in the mid 1800's to be able to make a small bible for military soldiers. The Apocrypha is still part of Catholic standard works.
In D&C The prophet Joseph Smith asks the Lord if he need to revise the Apocrypha. The Lord says it is not necessarily. The Lord says there is much truth. And knowledge contained there in but it also has some philosophies of man mingled in. The Lord said as long as we study it with the discernment of the Spirit there is ALOT of things that can be beneficial to the reader.
Ezra's eagle prophecy is one of those gold nuggets! Ezra was a prophet along with Daniel in the court of Nebuchadnezzar.
Daniel receive the vision of the different kingdoms represented by beast in the last days that match up with the beasts in Revelations. Well Ezra's vision goes right along with Daniel's and John the Revelator's visions of the beast but it goes into great detail about the Eagle Kingdom which is of course: America. It is so specific that it shows you what is going to be fall trumpet and the next few presidents. I does not say how they are taken out of office but give a pretty good explanation of the timing that is about to take place. This was give a few thousand years ago and it is statistically impossible how accurately it has predicted the terms of the 42. Presidents or feather's starting at the New Deal and going to the end of America as we know it.
https://youtu.be/VgSZ_-LzHk8
Hope you get something out of it. It is 4 years or less. Probally less but I am being optimistic. I not say the end of the world. I am saying when all the bug calamities start and we have war on our soil. Chinese from the West Coast and Russia from the East Coast.