The Ultimate George Albert Smith Prophecy Thread

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
francisco.colaco
captain of 100

Re: The Ultimate George Albert Smith Prophecy Thread

Post by francisco.colaco »

AI2.0 wrote: I'd also like them to speak up in a big way on these things, but they don't and since I trust their judgement, there must be a reason. I think it is because things are different now. Back when leaders denounced the white horse prophecy and the John Taylor vision, the church was small. Those 'prophecies' were being distributed along the mormon corridor--they didn't have the ability to spread this stuff around like we do and so if they spoke out at a general conference on this, it reached the people who they needed to reach. But, in our day, this stuff is still mostly only available to a small group of LDS who search for them and shared in the mormon corridor--though it's a little bigger now. But, if the leaders denounce it on a church wide scale, it goes to all the other parts of the church and that's just free publicity! It has the opposite effect of giving these spurious materials a larger audience. I think they feel it is better to not call these things out and give them a larger audience. Rather they come to our regional conferences and speak specifically to us, warning us about these things--Elder Ballard did at our's in September--and those of us who are familiar with this stuff, we knew what he was referring to.
The implication of the GAS account being false is that Brother Horne is a liar, and persisted on the lie when Kirtland RM called him.

Why would members of the Church do it? Maybe I am too far away from the United States, specially from the Mormon corridor, and do not quite grasp their mindset, but I think faking a prophet's statement would put one under severe condemnation, regardless of the goodness of the reasons for so doing.

JandD6572
captain of 100

Post by JandD6572 »

I have talked to my wife about this, right now, with our nation so divided, our parties at war with each other, what better time than now for a strike. but this is just my thought.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

AI2.0 wrote: Rather they come to our regional conferences and speak specifically to us, warning us about these things--Elder Ballard did at our's in September--and those of us who are familiar with this stuff, we knew what he was referring to.
Did he say something specific, or speak as they usually do in generalities?

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

francisco.colaco wrote:
AI2.0 wrote: I'd also like them to speak up in a big way on these things, but they don't and since I trust their judgement, there must be a reason. I think it is because things are different now. Back when leaders denounced the white horse prophecy and the John Taylor vision, the church was small. Those 'prophecies' were being distributed along the mormon corridor--they didn't have the ability to spread this stuff around like we do and so if they spoke out at a general conference on this, it reached the people who they needed to reach. But, in our day, this stuff is still mostly only available to a small group of LDS who search for them and shared in the mormon corridor--though it's a little bigger now. But, if the leaders denounce it on a church wide scale, it goes to all the other parts of the church and that's just free publicity! It has the opposite effect of giving these spurious materials a larger audience. I think they feel it is better to not call these things out and give them a larger audience. Rather they come to our regional conferences and speak specifically to us, warning us about these things--Elder Ballard did at our's in September--and those of us who are familiar with this stuff, we knew what he was referring to.
The implication of the GAS account being false is that Brother Horne is a liar, and persisted on the lie when Kirtland RM called him.

Why would members of the Church do it? Maybe I am too far away from the United States, specially from the Mormon corridor, and do not quite grasp their mindset, but I think faking a prophet's statement would put one under severe condemnation, regardless of the goodness of the reasons for so doing.[/quote]

While I think the GAS prophesy is false, I wouldn't call Horne a liar per se. I think he has re-told the story of GAS visiting his home when he was a boy over and over, and each time he told it the details got better and better (In the US we call that a "fish-story") using his personal biases, politics of the cold war era and mormon myths to fill in the blanks.

How likely is it that an 8 yr old boy could hear someone say something and remember 2 full pages of text correctly then 40+ years later record it? Zero chance. Without looking, regurgitate 2 pages of text from any of The 15's talks in gen conference 1 month ago. You can't. Neither could Horne have done what he claims to have done.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

DesertWonderer wrote:How likely is it that an 8 yr old boy could hear someone say something and remember 2 full pages of text correctly then 40+ years later record it? Zero chance. Without looking, regurgitate 2 pages of text from any of The 15's talks in gen conference 1 month ago. You can't. Neither could Horne have done what he claims to have done.
Personally, I can't vouch for the GAS account and it doesn't really matter to me if it is false or if we are about to see its literal fulfillment. My goal is to be prepared no matter which way that "prophecy" goes. However, there are multiple instances in the scriptures of inspired men recording many pages of revelations after the fact. The writers of the New Testament Gospels gave their testimonies many years after the actual events they recorded. Not all of the men who wrote the Gospels were Apostles either. They were simply disciples.

Today's lesson in Sunday School covered the end of 3rd Nephi. In chapter 26, we find:
6 And now there cannot be written in this book even a hundredth part of the things which Jesus did truly teach unto the people;

There's a cross reference in that verse to John 21. It's the last verse in the Gospel recorded by him who was beloved of the Savior:
25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

How do those verses connect to the matter at hand? My thoughts about the GAS account are that President Smith may very well have told the Horne family about a dream or vision and it's quite unfortunate that none of the adults in the room went to the trouble of immediately recording it, according to their recollection. It's also entirely possible that President Smith uttered even an even more impressive prophecy than something about America's non-Greek Oval Office Occupier. As long as the visit by President Smith to the Horne residence actually occurred, many possibilities exist.

We are a worldwide church now. If the current General Authorities mentioned in general conference some of the prophecies spoken by the apostles of the early days of the restoration, there would be a lot of confusion on the part of the members in other countries. However, the silence of the GAs doesn't preclude us from learning all we can about the days leading up to Christ's return and beyond.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

THe GAS prophecy makes sens to me as He was the prophet during the time of the second world war just like George Washington's Visions had vision of future wars while fighting the British in 1777.

Also one needs to consider that many of the events in the GAS prophecies have already come to pass.

Wolverine
captain of 50

Post by Wolverine »

It's awfully amazing though how things are lining up pretty good with the vision that George Albert Smith purportedly had.....and then we find quotes like this from the teachings of George Albert Smith.....

"We are not out of the woods. This world is in for a housecleaning unless the sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father repent of their sins and turn to him. And that means the Latter-day Saints, or the members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, along with all the rest, but we, first of all, ought to be setting the example." [See suggestion 2 on page 264.]

A couple of bombs falling on some cities would be a pretty could house cleaning.

Another quote from a Conference Report, April 1950, pp. 167-170......

"It will not be long until calamities will overtake the human family unless there is speedy repentance. It will not be long before those who are scattered over the face of the earth by millions will die like flies because of what will come."

Strange that the same verbage is used..."Millions will die like flies" in this Conference report and the purported vision.

I really hope that nothing happens.....I would like to make it to Disneyland one more time :D

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

Sam-I-Am,

I didn't read your post earlier, because I had read the previous thread, and it had dropped into knee-jerk positions I had heard before, and saw no need to rehash it. (I haven't read all of the posts on this thread to know if this thread has similarly deteriorated).

However, one thing I had asked for was more provenance regarding the sources of this revelation, and I think you did a good job of doing this. From my reading of the various accounts you identified, I believe that it is obvious that while we cannot, accept it word for word, from any of the accounts, it does appear that GAS, probably did have a revelation, and that he did repeat at least parts of it to selected people, and that while we cannot hang on to every word as if it were gospel, that there is useful information which we can use to guide ourselves from these accounts.

Again thank you for taking the time to lay this stuff out.

Regards,

George Clay

francisco.colaco
captain of 100

Post by francisco.colaco »

George Washington's vision is most likely false. It is not found in his diaries, but told by someone who claimed to have heard it from another person that heard it from George Washington.

Brother Horne's account is a different matter. He heard it as a child himself and, according to this own forum, called his older brother who remembered everything but the green word, which the brother replaced by another. That word was not named --- could it be 'negro'? I remember that word had not the conotation it has now.

The word negro comes from the portuguese 'negro', which is another word for 'black', by the way. In portuguese and spanish, the word negro is the non-offensive word; the word 'preto' may carry offense, even if also meaning 'black'.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

francisco.colaco wrote:George Washington's vision is most likely false. It is not found in his diaries, but told by someone who claimed to have heard it from another person that heard it from George Washington.

Brother Horne's account is a different matter. He heard it as a child himself and, according to this own forum, called his older brother who remembered everything but the green word, which the brother replaced by another. That word was not named --- could it be 'negro'? I remember that word had not the conotation it has now.

The word negro comes from the portuguese 'negro', which is another word for 'black', by the way. In portuguese and spanish, the word negro is the non-offensive word; the word 'preto' may carry offense, even if also meaning 'black'.
This is the first time I've heard anyone suggest that the BROTHER said the word was negro(others have suggested 'greek' was code for negro), I thought the brother claimed he remembered the description to be someone of Non-European ancestry--which could be any number of ethnicities actually.

One good thing has come from Obama's Presidency. HE was the first of non-European Ancestry to be President--a lot of people voted for him eight years ago, purely for this reason--they wanted to make history. They did and when the GAS prophecy predictions don't come true on either Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Years this year, then, IMO, there's scarce chance to save the credibility of this prophecy. No one can undo the fact that the first President of non-European ancenstry's administration will have ended and no attack as described in the prophecy took place.

I don't believe Horne is a liar, but I do question his memory. One possible explanation is that because he was a child, he may have mixed up visitors and events--he wrote nothing down at the time, but did so, some 40 years later. It would have been easy to misremember a conversation he vaguely remembered and mix it up, later attributing it to Pres. Smith, who was a visitor at their home at times. Maybe it was an actual discussion that took place in their home, but it was not George Albert Smith, but some other visitor to the house. There are possible explanations other than an intent to deceive on the part of Horne.

Part of my reason for not trusting that this vision was from George Albert Smith is that he didn't write it down himself and he didn't share it with the 12 apostles or his own family members. That seems very odd to me, for a man who was serving AT THAT TIME as THE Prophet of the church to not follow protocol for a vision that he should have recognized as from God--And, if we are to trust Horne's description as accurate, George Albert Smith should have shared this with the twelve and then the church members for a sustaining vote, if the 12 accepted it as a prophetic dream. But that didn't happen and it is a valid question as to why not.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

AI2.0 wrote:
francisco.colaco wrote:George Washington's vision is most likely false. It is not found in his diaries, but told by someone who claimed to have heard it from another person that heard it from George Washington.

This is the first time I've heard anyone suggest that the BROTHER said the word was negro(others have suggested 'greek' was code for negro), I thought the brother claimed he remembered the description to be someone of Non-European ancestry--which could be any number of ethnicities actually.

One good thing has come from Obama's Presidency. HE was the first of non-European Ancestry to be President--a lot of people voted for him eight years ago, purely for this reason--they wanted to make history. They did and when the GAS prophecy predictions don't come true on either Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Years this year, then, IMO, there's scarce chance to save the credibility of this prophecy. No one can undo the fact that the first President of non-European ancenstry's administration will have ended and no attack as described in the prophecy took place.

I don't believe Horne is a liar, but I do question his memory. One possible explanation is that because he was a child, he may have mixed up visitors and events--he wrote nothing down at the time, but did so, some 40 years later. It would have been easy to misremember a conversation he vaguely remembered and mix it up, later attributing it to Pres. Smith, who was a visitor at their home at times. Maybe it was an actual discussion that took place in their home, but it was not George Albert Smith, but some other visitor to the house. There are possible explanations other than an intent to deceive on the part of Horne.

Part of my reason for not trusting that this vision was from George Albert Smith is that he didn't write it down himself and he didn't share it with the 12 apostles or his own family members. That seems very odd to me, for a man who was serving AT THAT TIME as THE Prophet of the church to not follow protocol for a vision that he should have recognized as from God--And, if we are to trust Horne's description as accurate, George Albert Smith should have shared this with the twelve and then the church members for a sustaining vote, if the 12 accepted it as a prophetic dream. But that didn't happen and it is a valid question as to why not.
I think back to when I was 8 years old, I remember a conversation, word for word......actually, I can't.... :)

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

read what onsdag has to say here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&p=750892#p750892" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

stephenj
captain of 10

Post by stephenj »

David Horne also mentioned that President Smith indicated that this nuclear
attack would take place on a holiday after the new president was elected, but
before he took office. The following war would involve many of the countries of
the world but President Smith talked specifically about Europe, Germany,
Hungary, Israel, Turkey, United States, and the Soviet Union, as well as a few
others.
1.Statement of David Hughes Horne, P.E., copyrighted March 26, 1989

So IF this is really from a prophet then I would expect all of it, or none of it, to be true. Therefore, IF this Russian attack were to happen then it appears it would have to occur within the next 9 days. Is that correct?

dafty
captain of 100

Post by dafty »

stephenj wrote:David Horne also mentioned that President Smith indicated that this nuclear
others.

So IF this is really from a prophet then I would expect all of it, or none of it, to be true. Therefore, IF this Russian attack were to happen then it appears it would have to occur within the next 9 days. Is that correct?
I think Russians and Spanish celebrate around 7th of JAN , so really a bit longer than 9 days x

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

dafty wrote:
stephenj wrote:David Horne also mentioned that President Smith indicated that this nuclear
others.

I think Russians and Spanish celebrate around 7th of JAN , so really a bit longer than 9 days x
Though one wonders if President GAS was thinking about the date of the Russian New Year when he related his vision.

Holidays in Russia in 2017 https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/russia/2017" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Date Weekday Holiday Name Holiday Type
Jan 1 Sunday New Year's Day National holiday
Jan 2 Monday New Year Holiday Week National holiday
Jan 3 Tuesday New Year Holiday Week National holiday
Jan 4 Wednesday New Year Holiday Week National holiday
Jan 5 Thursday New Year Holiday Week National holiday
Jan 6 Friday New Year Holiday Week National holiday
Jan 7 Saturday Orthodox Christmas Day National holiday, Orthodox
Jan 14 Saturday Old New Year Observance
Feb 14 Tuesday Valentine's Day Observance
Feb 23 Thursday Defender of the Fatherland Day National holiday
Feb 27 Monday Special Operations Forces Day De facto holiday
Mar 8 Wednesday International Women's Day National holiday
Mar 20 Monday March equinox Season
Apr 16 Sunday Orthodox Easter Day Observance, Orthodox
May 1 Monday Spring and Labor Day National holiday
May 8 Monday Extra holiday in lieu of Jan. 7 National holiday
May 9 Tuesday Victory Day National holiday
Jun 12 Monday Russia Day National holiday
Jun 21 Wednesday June Solstice Season
Sep 22 Friday September equinox Season
Nov 4 Saturday Unity Day National holiday
Nov 6 Monday Unity Day observed National holiday
Dec 21 Thursday December Solstice Season

Talon65
captain of 10

Post by Talon65 »

only 2 Holidays left before the new President takes the oath of Office on Jan 20th... it seems we are less than a month from proving/disproving the GAS Prophecy...

stephenj
captain of 10

Post by stephenj »

Last edited by stephenj on December 27th, 2016, 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Silver wrote:
dafty wrote:
others.

Though one wonders if President GAS was thinking about the date of the Russian New Year when he related his vision.

Holidays in Russia in 2017 https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/russia/2017" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Date Weekday Holiday Name Holiday Type
Jan 1 Sunday New Year's Day National holiday
Jan 2 Monday New Year Holiday Week National holiday
Jan 3 Tuesday New Year Holiday Week National holiday
Jan 4 Wednesday New Year Holiday Week National holiday
Jan 5 Thursday New Year Holiday Week National holiday
Jan 6 Friday New Year Holiday Week National holiday
Jan 7 Saturday Orthodox Christmas Day National holiday, Orthodox
Jan 14 Saturday Old New Year Observance
Feb 14 Tuesday Valentine's Day Observance
Feb 23 Thursday Defender of the Fatherland Day National holiday
Feb 27 Monday Special Operations Forces Day De facto holiday
Mar 8 Wednesday International Women's Day National holiday
Mar 20 Monday March equinox Season
Apr 16 Sunday Orthodox Easter Day Observance, Orthodox
May 1 Monday Spring and Labor Day National holiday
May 8 Monday Extra holiday in lieu of Jan. 7 National holiday
May 9 Tuesday Victory Day National holiday
Jun 12 Monday Russia Day National holiday
Jun 21 Wednesday June Solstice Season
Sep 22 Friday September equinox Season
Nov 4 Saturday Unity Day National holiday
Nov 6 Monday Unity Day observed National holiday
Dec 21 Thursday December Solstice Season
IF for some very odd reason, Pres. Smith was referring to a Russian holiday, then only the ones up to Jan 14th are eligible, since it must happen before the new president takes office, which will be January 20th.
David Horne also mentioned that President Smith indicated that this nuclear
before he took office.
My own opinion is that this prophecy is not credible. I'm not sure of the reason, but I don't trust it. There was no mention of a woman running for office, there's the problem with the confusion over 'greek' and 'non-european ancestry' and no mention of Trump, who has made history because he is the first to win the Presidency with no political or military experience. You'd think that would have been worth mentioning, if Pres. Smith had actually seen this election in a vision.

stephenj
captain of 10

Post by stephenj »

Personally it doesn't seem right that he would be talking about an attack on America, and reference the election and inauguration of an American president and then refer to a holiday and not mention he meant a RUSSIAN holiday. Doesn't make sense to me. It sounds like it would either be something happening Christmas Day, New Years Day, or it is all false.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Just checked. Our fellow forum member kirtland...

USER STATISTICS
Last active:19 Dec 2016, 21:04

Has he been busy with the holidays? I hope he's OK.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Silver wrote:Just checked. Our fellow forum member kirtland...

USER STATISTICS

A while ago I thought he might be Mills Crenshaw, which would explain his recent absence, but he didn't try to get people to buy silver so I figured it wasn't.

He might've headed for the hills already, freezing his butt of in a snow cave thinking we're all being killed by the Russians :-?

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

shadow wrote:
Silver wrote:Just checked. Our fellow forum member kirtland...

USER STATISTICS

A while ago I thought he might be Mills Crenshaw, which would explain his recent absence, but he didn't try to get people to buy silver so I figured it wasn't.

He might've headed for the hills already, freezing his butt of in a snow cave thinking we're all being killed by the Russians :-?
Now that would be something if he turned out to be Mills, wouldn't it? Just a quick search through his posts though it would seem at face value that he's not - at least he's always referring to Mills in the third person, such as calling him 'my friend.' Though, on the other hand, he does seem to have a very uncanny and close insider relationship with him, to the point of knowing what private conversations he's had with Julie the very day of their conversation... or being able to call his producer to try pulling some strings to get certain special guests on his show... :-?

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

I know Kirtland's real name and it isn't Mills. If I had a phone number I would call him to ask what's up.

Returning to the GAS prophecy, today is the legal holiday for Christmas. If nothing happens today, next Saturday through Monday, or MLK weekend I am going to have three conclusions and not know which one is true. Either:
The prophecy was incorrectly remembered.
The prophecy was incorrectly interpreted.
The prophecy is not real.

I just wish I could know which one of these is the correct conclusion. I know several people here will immediately jump to the third, but they won't have any proof the other listed conclusions (or other possible conclusions) aren't correct.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

I seem to recall RM indicating he was in his early 40's. Mills was quite a bit older than that.

Still Learning
captain of 100

Post by Still Learning »

My only conclusion is that the Lord must have delayed His coming.