Captivity and the Gentiles

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
liberty
captain of 100

Captivity and the Gentiles

Post by liberty »

From my studies of the Book of Mormon, when the Gentiles harden their hearts to God's word they will go into captivity (1 Nephi 14:1-6), which I believe goes along with the Gentiles sinning against the Gospel found in 3 Nephi 16:10.

My question is - What will this captivity look like or conditions be like? Any and all thoughts appreciated.

HofL

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Re: Captivity and the Gentiles

Post by friendsofthe »

I think that we are far from being the free people that we are lead to believe we are. Pretty much every time our constitutional principles have been messed with, we have become less free. Or as the Lord has said:

“Therefore, I, the Lord, justify you, and your brethren of my church, in befriending that law which is the constitutional law of the land; And as pertaining to law of man, whatsoever is more or less than this, cometh of evil.”

For example, the constitution says that there is to be no direct tax on the people. Do we have a direct tax on the people? Yes we do, its called income tax and it required an amendment of the constitution to get us there. This is just one example and the tip of the iceberg, there are numerous other ways by which we have come down into increasing captivity.

We are told that we have the second amendment right to bare arms but that right has been greatly modified and infringed upon as well. Soon enough, they will come up with a reason to take away our second amendment rights completely. When they do, the captivity of the Gentiles will be complete and John’s words, “And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them” will be fulfilled.

Fortunately, there is an expiration date placed on this captivity, for John also says:

5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months. (Rev. 13)

Daniel also comments on this captivity and tells us what follows.

21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;
22 Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom. (Daniel 7)

We can see that the captivity of the Gentiles is a rocky road but ends well for those who can qualify as God’s people.

taliesin
captain of 50

Post by taliesin »

The Hebrew word for captivity is also the word for debt. Looking at it that way (captivity = debt), we Gentiles are very much in captivity already.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

taliesin wrote:The Hebrew word for captivity is also the word for debt. Looking at it that way (captivity = debt), we Gentiles are very much in captivity already.
I was thinking the same thing. We allowed ourselves to be shackled in 1913 when the Federal Reserve was created.

liberty
captain of 100

Post by liberty »

This reminds me of Gordon Hinckleys talks about the seven years of plenty and the seven years of lean which he spoke about first in 1998, then in 2001 and 2003(5). By the end of seventh year of lean the Egyptians finally sold themselves into bondage. I believe 2012 would be the seventh year of the years of lean from Gordon Hinckleys talks.

What event could we consider selling ourselves into bondage - perhaps the end of last year or this year?

HofL

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

I think that considering the 7 years of plenty as starting in 1998 as a mistake. I believe they started in 2001, and the crash of the housing market in fall of 2008 signaled the end of the years of plenty.

Regardless of government statistics and propaganda, as a nation we have been in an economic famine since then, and if this is correct will last into 2015.

deep water
captain of 1,000

Post by deep water »

First their is a spiritual captivity. Second their will be an economic captivity, (mark of beast) brought on by the spiritual captivity. Then for most their will be a psychical captivity. Then their will be a burning. All gentiles will partake in this when the day of the gentile is over.

LesliePOV
captain of 100

Post by LesliePOV »

Like the giant in Gulliver's Travels bound down by a thousands threads we are already not free. Gradualism..... fades to BLACK.

A simple chalkboard exercise would be to post the Bill of Rights (1st 10 Amendments to US Constitution) to one side and the 10 planks of the Communist Manifesto at the opposite end. And then follow the steps below.

1. You, or better, you and a friend read the first Ammendment / Plank
2. Compare it to our present governmental situation.
3. Put a mark on the chalkboard closer to the Bill of Rights side or the side of the Manifesto depending on where you honestly think we really are.
a. if unsure try and think of specific examples
4. Repeat steps 1-3.
5. If questions remain, clear up those undecided points by trying to list any rights / freedoms you can think of that you believe you still have that don't already come with an application process to petition for a permit, license, tax stamp, or that requires that you hire a court-appointed guardian, inspector or government-licensed chaperone to exercise.

You might find it a little sobering.

Or better yet try asserting your alleged 'rights' as an acid test. hmmm? B-)

That's not saying that it won't worsen to the point that no one will be able to deny it.... or at least you'd think so. I am surprised there are so many who deny it now. Well, very often these are workers actually employed by the establishment (at taxpayer expense)-- or are members of some race-based or sex-based special-privilege group.

The worst part is when you go straight to look up what the ten planks actually are and you see that they have already been accomplished in our country by about 90% good think we are still allowed to by fireworks! ooops has the Nanny State nixed that one where YOU live? awwww... :(