Homosexuality: Disorder

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Homosexuality: Disorder

Post by Thinker »

The American Psychological Association originally defined homosexuality as a disorder in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders-II (DSM-II), then, was harassed into changing the definition. "Led by radicals like Franklin Kameny, pro-sodomy activists attacked psychiatrists across America, as Newsweek describes: “But even more than the government, it is the psychiatrists who have experienced the full rage of the homosexual activists. Over the past two years, gay-lib organizations have repeatedly disrupted medical meetings, and three months ago—in the movements most aggressive demonstration so far—a group of 30 militants broke into a meeting of the American Psychiatric Association in Washington, where they turned the staid proceedings into near chaos..."
http://www.freewebs.com/theborngayhoax/theapa.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So, the definition of homosexuality was changed from being a disorder to being normalized, not because of scientific research, but as a political move by harassing homosexual lobbyists.

The truth found in undeniable statistics is that actions based on homosexual practice make it a disorder (state of confusion) and even one that causes suffering by such confusion:

1. Homosexuality is not ever truly sex but involves fetishes, because sex involves the sexual organs of each, and homosexuality must resort to subsitutes... fetishes. (Fetish: any object or nongenital part of the body that causes a habitual erotic response or fixation. ) Anal sex is such a fetish. Some fetishes cause no harm, but unfortunatley anal sex can cause anal fissures, anal cancer, colon rupture and bacterial infections.

2. According to the United States Center for Disease Control (US CDC), those with homosexual practices are many times more likely to contract STDs than heterosexuals. http://www.cdc.gov/stdconference/2000/m ... ay2000.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

3. According to the United States Center for Disease Control (US CDC), those with homosexual practices are many times more likely to contract AIDS than heterosexuals. http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/msm/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

4. Also According to the United States Center for Disease Control (US CDC), those who engage in homosexual practices are more likely to have mental illness. Research also has found that, compared to other men, MSM are at increased risk of: Major depression during adolescence and adulthood; Bipolar disorder; and Generalized anxiety disorder during adolescence and adulthood. MSM are also at greater risk for other health threats that often occur in conjunction with mental health problems (i.e., co-morbidities). These include greater use of illegal drugs and a greater risk for suicide.

5. Most babies are born healthy, without disorders, including without homosexual preferences. At birth, our brains are only 25% developed. This makes us less intelligent at birth than many other mamals, however it ends up in our best interest because along with more caregiving support, we are better able to adapt to environmental influences. Under various circumstances, some such adaptations result in the development of homosexual fetishes. There is no such thing as a gay gene - as mentioned in the first link above.

Evidence shows that the development of homosexual practices are more linked to environmental influences than to biology. Science does not support the claim that homosexuality is genetic.. Even Homosexual Researchers Debunk ‘Born Gay’ Urban Legend http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/fr/724179/posts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"1. No research has found provable biological or genetic differences between heterosexuals & homosexuals that weren't caused by their behavior. 2. In 2 large studies conducted... Homosexuals overwhelmingly believed their feelings and behavior were the result of social or environmental influences. (Note that the focus of homosexual fetishes is limited to select countries, globally.) 3. Older homosexuals often approach the young 4. Early homosexual experiences influence adult patters of behavior 5. Sexual conduct is influenced by cultural factors - esp. religious convictions 6. Many change their sexual preferences 7. There are many ex-homosexuals"

The homosexual herd is trying to push its way into the public - to make this disorder that statistically proves to be harmful, be accepted, even legally. Don't fall for it. Love people, don't love the sin.
"Tolerance applies to persons, but never to truth. Intolerance applies to truth, but never to persons. Tolerance applies to the erring; intolerance to the error." -F. Sheen
Last edited by Thinker on October 10th, 2015, 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Homosexuality: Disorder

Post by Thinker »

Even if you don't care what people do behind closed doors, and don't care if they legally support a harmful disorder or not...
You might care if such measures to redefine marriage based on sexual fetishes, infringed on YOUR rights, as they have on others'.

Children have the right to not be taught homosexuality in school. Yet, in places where homosexual fetish marriage has been supported, these rights have been infringed upon...
*Freshmen were told not to tell their parents about a pro-gay seminar & were required to sign a confidentiality agreement (Derrfield, Illinois Mar. 2007).
*In March, 2007, a Massachusetts high school banned parents from attending a seminar for students on how they can know they are homosexual.
*In October, 2008, First graders (6 year-old students) were taken on a field trip to watch their lesbian teacher's wedding.
*In Oct 2008, a Hayward CA public elementary school celebrated "Coming Out Day."

Normalizing & even encouraging children to explore homosexuality obviously causes more to experiment with homosexuality.
"The Legal Liability Associated with Homosexuality Education in Schools... This report is part of an integrated strategy to inform and educate parents, students and school officials across the nation of its contents and of their respective rights and duties. It has documented the concern that the health of students in many schools across the country may have been compromised and their First Amendment rights may have been denied."
http://www.afamichigan.org/images/Legal ... 200504.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some in the homosexual fetish activist group have bluntly admitted that their eventual goal is to normalize pedophilia and inappropriate adult-child sexual relations.

Many have been harassed by the homosexual fetish herd, without public notice, but some have been public, like Chick Filay and a Miss America contestant, both who voiced their support for marriage between a man and a woman.
Other examples include...
*In April 2008, an Albuquerque photographer was fined over $6,000 for refusing to be hired to photograph a lesbian couple's commitment ceremony.
*In May, 2008, a black administrator was fired from the U of Toledo, Ohio, for writing an editorial objecting to the comparison of black discrimination to same-sex marriage.
*An intolerant opponent of Proposition 8 violently attacked & injured a Proposition supporter in Oct. 2008.
*On November 19, 2008, eHarmony, a Christian-based matching service was forced by New Jersey's Division on Civil Rights to provide website matching services for homosexuals.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

THANK YOU!! I had been wanting to find my research from a few years ago about this stuff and put it up, but haven't.

It's not about marriage. It's not about equal rights. It's not about tolerance.
Deep down, it's about a very hostile, bellicose, vociferous, vengeful, hypocritical group trying to forcefully shove its wicked agenda down everyone's throat.

SpeedRacer
captain of 1,000

Post by SpeedRacer »

It is about destroying the family. When it is disolved, you can disolve the rest of society quite easily. Homosexuality is just one methods of attacks.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

SpeedRacer wrote:It is about destroying the family. When it is disolved, you can disolve the rest of society quite easily. Homosexuality is just one methods of attacks.
So true. Don't forget it fits in well with both birth rate reduction and eugenic quality for the few children produced.

Dave62
destroyer of hopes & dreams

Post by Dave62 »

In all of the discourse on same sex marriage laws around the world there is never any discussion on the rights of the child. Children have become sexualised commodities to be bought and sold. If ever there is to be a catalyst to hasten the Lord's return I believe 'state sanctioned child abuse' might be it.

Here is a link to developments in Australia. After India tightened same sex surrogacy laws heterophobic couples have turned to Thailand to 'buy' a family. Remember that 'you can have anything in this world for money...'

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-04-13/t ... ks/4627308" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Dave62 wrote:In all of the discourse on same sex marriage laws around the world there is never any discussion on the rights of the child. Children have become sexualised commodities to be bought and sold. If ever there is to be a catalyst to hasten the Lord's return I believe 'state sanctioned child abuse' might be it.

Here is a link to developments in Australia. After India tightened same sex surrogacy laws heterophobic couples have turned to Thailand to 'buy' a family. Remember that 'you can have anything in this world for money...'

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-04-13/t ... ks/4627308" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In a world in which thousands of babies are aborted each day I am not going to fault these people for wanting to bring a live one to live with them.

Sheol27
captain of 100

Post by Sheol27 »

I would consider paying someone to post this on facebook. (If I had money)I can't imagine the reaction!

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Sheol27 wrote:I would consider paying someone to post this on facebook. (If I had money)I can't imagine the reaction!
Better yet, I would be curious how this would go over in the BYU student newspaper.

friendofyours
captain of 100

Post by friendofyours »

Thank you for this; a plain truth, boldly stated and (apparently) supported by facts, reason and experience. How refreshing!

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Thank you all for your kindness.
It really is encouraging, especially after being banned on other forums just for stating the statistics mentioned in the OP.
We really need to get our voices out regarding this, because, unfortunately, "the squeeky wheel gets the oil" & the homosexual fetish group is being really loud & many are believing lies they hear or read - on forums, or other media.

Dave62 wrote:In all of the discourse on same sex marriage laws around the world there is never any discussion on the rights of the child. Children have become sexualised commodities to be bought and sold. If ever there is to be a catalyst to hasten the Lord's return I believe 'state sanctioned child abuse' might be it.

Dave, I agree that children are the ones who are of most concern in situations of trying to legally deny them a mother or father.
The homosexual fetish couple in that clip, who are putting a child and mother at risk in buying a child through surrogacy abroad, seem so self-centered that they don't even consider the child's needs, but what THEY want.

Some illogically argue that marriage is not about children because many heterosexual couples do not have children.
Yet, they fail to acknowledge the simple fact that ALL children come from heterosexual unions.
Never can a child come from a homosexual union - Nature simply "discriminates" against that happening.
Then, some argue that many things we do are not natural - & that is true, but when something is BOTH unnatural & harmful to individuals and society as a whole, it is something to respect by not supporting nor engaging in.

Marriage between a man and a woman is the foundation of society, even if it has been through the ringer. Still, it holds families together better than if there were no marriage. And through marriage, more children are able to be cared for by their own parents... and are less likely to be without one or the other parent or in foster care.

Not only do children need both a mother and father to EXIST, children also need both parents to learn by example and how to get along with the opposite sex...

"Children Need Both A Mother And A Father" Dr. A. Dean Byrd
http://www.narth.com/docs/needboth.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Why Children need both Mother-Love and Father-Love" Glenn T. Stanton
http://www.jashow.org/Articles/_PDFArch ... I0804G.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Mothers' and Fathers' Socializing Behaviors in Three Contexts: Links with Children's Peer Competence"
Pettit, Gregory S.; Brown, Elizabeth Glyn; Mize, Jacquelyn; Lindsey, Eric
http://www.eric.ed.gov/ERICWebPortal/se ... o=EJ563106" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Why Children Need a Mother and a Father" Bill Muehlenberg
http://www.billmuehlenberg.com/2010/10/ ... -a-father/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Fiannan wrote:

In a world in which thousands of babies are aborted each day I am not going to fault these people for wanting to bring a live one to live with them.
Fiannan,
It seems you've misunderstood. These men with homosexual fetishes are NOT rescuing any baby from being aborted. On the contrary, they are intentionally creating life under unnatural, risky circumstances with the plan to deny the child of his/her mother. They have had too many problems hiring surrogate mothers in India, so they are resorting to Thailand. One of the 2 men (of the homosexual fetish couple) is having his sperm artificially inseminated into a paid surrogate woman in Thailand. If it doesn't work out, which occasionally happens in trying to navigate through both the Australiana and Thailand governments, what happens to the baby?

And even if the baby is able to be denied a mother, by living with 2 men with homosexual fetishes, why would anyone support a child being brought into a situation that proves to be harmful statistically, and denying natural God-given rights to a child?

AussieOi
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by AussieOi »

Having pondered the thread I wonder if.some of the content and way we speak is not a little over the top?

Sheol27
captain of 100

Post by Sheol27 »

AussieOi wrote:Having pondered the thread I wonder if.some of the content and way we speak is not a little over the top?
Ok, are you going to expound on that?

AussieOi
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by AussieOi »

Is there a bit of gay hate going on is all I'm asking

yes it.is sin, yes it is destructive. Just one or two comments, that's all
not.tolerating, just trying to.ensure we are compassionate

Sheol27
captain of 100

Post by Sheol27 »

AussieOi wrote:Is there a bit of gay hate going on is all I'm asking

Ok, cool. True we should be caring for our human family still. I was just curious if you were referring to the content. Is homosexuality a fetish or sex? Does or does it not have increased chance of STD's? (I have heard from the gay community that this is true) Are sexual preferences there at birth? (I didn't think about sex, other boys or girls when I was really young)

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

AussieOi wrote:Is there a bit of gay hate going on is all I'm asking

Understand your concern.

Nope.

It's a much more realistic assessment of what is happening, and what is driving and steering much of it. This is more particular for the movement, not individuals, especially not individuals trying to live a good life. Hopefully they won't be pulled up in these things. However, seeing as how just about everyone in the USA and the world has been deceived, it's important that people understand better.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Aussie,
As mentioned, as long as the focus is on behavior (whether it is healthy or not) & not the person, I think it is not only appropriate, but also important, moral and loving, to address. Still, I thank you for reminding us to be more clear with compassion. No doubt, this may be a touchy subject for some.

I have family and friends with homosexual fetishes, who are great people in many ways.
Not all who practice homosexual fetishes are reflected in statistics. Statistics are generalizations - to give us the big picture, but there are always exceptions.
The development of homosexual fetishes is not always the same - sometimes it is from childhood experiences that were not up to the person. It can feel like it's inborn if it begins early, & or if emotions are acted on & thus affects one's endocrine system (hormones) in a cyclical way.

I want to repeat, that it is important to love the person and not the sin.
Truly loving someone and showing compassion is about wanting someone to be happy and healthy, based on truth, not lies.
According to the US CDC, the practice of homosexual fetishes proves to be unhealthy physically and psychologically, in so many cases, it is statistically significant.
Yet, so much media is trying to teach lies regarding homosexual fetishes, which IMO, is not loving at all.

"Homosexuality is death and I choose life." -Michael Glatze, Ex-Homosexual & Ex Gay Rights Leader
"Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free."
http://www.narth.com/docs/hom101.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JJO
Hi, I'm new.

Post by JJO »

Thinker,
A great discussion indeed. Up to this point, most of the momentum for same sex marriage has been on the side of its proponents. Unfortunately, their argument has been very persuasive simply because there has been a dearth of information such as this in the media to adequately present a compelling argument against homosexual behavior. Advocates for same-sex marriage have done a phenomenal job in moving the worldwide discussion away from scientific analysis, human development and clinical medicine to endless debates over racial intolerance, unilateral morality and separation of church and state.
If we are ever to meet the opposing side with an argument that will convince those in coming generations that families comprised of mothers and fathers provide mankind with the best chance for success in life, we will need to state our scientific case more forcefully. While it is rare to find someone these days that is not dealing with homosexuality in their circle of family and friends, we must take a stance one way or the other and be willing to defend it. Contrary to what the media may report, it is NOT discrimination to boldly raise your voice in opposition to something you feel is wrong. You have just as much right to uphold your beliefs as anyone else.
JJO

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

I think the issue of gay parenting is quite interesting in that one could use it as a positive example. For instance, in an era we are told not to want kids, and even in the Church people who want large families get lukewarm support at best to reinforce their desire to follow God's urgings, one could point to gay parents and say that even when the odds are stacked against them many still want to follow God's primary commandment given to Adam and Eve, Noah and his wives and Children -- to multiply.

True, it is easier for two women to have children than two men. well, duh. However, I would hope that our gay male example in this thread get a girl. Why? Because I feel that since all two-people intimate relationships have a masculine and feminine component, a boy raised by two men will be more confused as to which male role model he should follow. A girl will imprint a female family or close friend. As for women I believe the girls will easily imprint on the natural mother but as studies suggest she will be more likely to become bisexual than the girl raised in a heterosexual environment. Boys will probably turn out okay as they will imprint on a grandfather.

As for homosexuality in general I still say that it is far more complex than most people assume. One can guess that some of the "mad-mammas" of Relief Society (the kind who are somewhat hostile to men) may be latent lesbians in the sense they take every chance to symbolically castrate males but seem quite close to their cliche of females. Every ward has a few sad to say. In general however some women like sex with men but relationships with women, some like sex with women but relationships with men, some like relationships and sex with men and others like sex and relationships with women. Weird thing is that people can go one way or Another depending on the circumstances in their lives. Men also vary but not as much -- may be due to evolutionary psychology explainations or merely the confines of the society in question.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Homosexuality.

Post by Elizabeth »

Flannan, This is not so. There should be no debate or discussion on this issue, nor is there any reason to tolerate, sugar coat, blur the issues, or compromise. The facts are clear cut. Homosexual activity is an evil abominable sin.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

So is gossip. And pride. Anger. Theft. Lying. Worship of a god other than God. Many active LDS people are guilty of these sins, yet because these sins aren't as socially unacceptable as homosexuality is among our culture, they are perceived as less harmful. I have good friends who are homosexual, they are moral, decent, and honorable people in spite of their choice to live in a sexually destructive manner. Because my gay professor friend sins differently than I do doesn't mean I can treat him with any less love and acceptance than I do my wife's judgmental and pious family.

:eta:

I am using the word pious here like the Zoramites were pious, not as the Ammonites were.

jdawg1012
captain of 1,000

Post by jdawg1012 »

skmo wrote:So is gossip. And pride. Anger. Theft. Lying. Worship of a god other than God. Many active LDS people are guilty of these sins, yet because these sins aren't as socially unacceptable as homosexuality is among our culture, they are perceived as less harmful. I have good friends who are homosexual, they are moral, decent, and honorable people in spite of their choice to live in a sexually destructive manner. Because my gay professor friend sins differently than I do doesn't mean I can treat him with any less love and acceptance than I do my wife's judgmental and pious family.

:eta:

I am using the word pious here like the Zoramites were pious, not as the Ammonites were.
This. There is no limit to the number of ways that people sin. I generally stay away from these threads because they are generally rabid with people lined up to cast their first stone. I have learned that the people most fervent about the subject are generally those with the most issues overall. Another disorder is people who are unwilling to extend mercy, love, or compassion, and yet think they themselves will fill the heavenly halls. That's insane. I remember an article in the KSL about a number of Homeless kids (yes KIDS!) in Salt Lake being kicked out by their parents after being told they "were" homosexual (feelings/tendencies), keeping up appearances seems to be more important than their covenant duty to rear their offspring.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

SARAH Ward wrote:Flannan, This is not so. There should be no debate or discussion on this issue, nor is there any reason to tolerate, sugar coat, blur the issues, or compromise. The facts are clear cut. Homosexual activity is an evil abominable sin.
Isn't that what the Church has said about birth control as well? I never said anything about the homosexual acts, I said that at least the people who are gay and having kids are following the commandment to multiply and replenish the earth.

Joseph F. Smith:
: "I regret, I think it is a crying evil, that there should exist a sentiment or a feeling among any members of the Church to curtail the birth of their children. I think that is a crime wherever it occurs, where husband and wife are in possession of health and vigor and are free from impurities that would be entailed upon their posterity. I believe that where people undertake to curtail or prevent the birth of their children that they are going to reap disappointment by and by. I have no hesitancy in saying that I believe that is one of the greatest crimes of the world today, this evil practice."

SpeedRacer
captain of 1,000

Post by SpeedRacer »

Fiannan wrote: Isn't that what the Church has said about birth control as well? I never said anything about the homosexual acts, I said that at least the people who are gay and having kids are following the commandment to multiply and replenish the earth.

Joseph F. Smith:
: "I regret, I think it is a crying evil, that there should exist a sentiment or a feeling among any members of the Church to curtail the birth of their children. I think that is a crime wherever it occurs, where husband and wife are in possession of health and vigor and are free from impurities that would be entailed upon their posterity. I believe that where people undertake to curtail or prevent the birth of their children that they are going to reap disappointment by and by. I have no hesitancy in saying that I believe that is one of the greatest crimes of the world today, this evil practice."
This is akin to killing a rich man for his money to give to the poor. You are guilty of murder, but you fed the poor.