Man disappears in Florida Sinkhole

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Re: Man disappears in Florida Sinkhole

Post by freedomforall »

A man's sinkhole disappears causing people in Florida to wonder where the smell is coming from.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

That literally made me laugh out loud (even though I don't quite understand it, and suspect that I do not want it explained).

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

So, cloning of an Ice Age Siberian cave lion and of a woolly mammoth are in the works (these articles are about the lion cubs (but the mammoth is mentioned), and seem to say pretty much the same thing. The first is dated 2 days earlier than the second).

http://siberiantimes.com/science/casest ... ave-lions/

http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/65 ... ng-Woo-suk

I've been watching Weird Wonders of the World on Netflix. Season one, episode 8, had a large hole in the ground in it, but they said it wasn't a sinkhole. I thought of you when I watched it.
Season 2, episode 1 talks about the lion cubs. It's a very interesting series and, where possible, scientific explanations are given for unusual things.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Silver Pie wrote: April 29th, 2017, 3:19 pm So, cloning of an Ice Age Siberian cave lion and of a woolly mammoth are in the works (these articles are about the lion cubs (but the mammoth is mentioned), and seem to say pretty much the same thing. The first is dated 2 days earlier than the second).

http://siberiantimes.com/science/casest ... ave-lions/

http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/65 ... ng-Woo-suk

I've been watching Weird Wonders of the World on Netflix. Season one, episode 8, had a large hole in the ground in it, but they said it wasn't a sinkhole. I thought of you when I watched it.
Season 2, episode 1 talks about the lion cubs. It's a very interesting series and, where possible, scientific explanations are given for unusual things.
I'm glad they don't explain why in some areas of the country birds fly upside down.
Or what it is so appealing, that any humans could be enticed to sit around a cesspool holding straws. :D

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

freedomforall wrote: April 29th, 2017, 9:19 pm I'm glad they don't explain why in some areas of the country birds fly upside down.
Or what it is so appealing, that any humans could be enticed to sit around a cesspool holding straws. :D
:)) :))

Could be interesting, though, to find out why. Especially about the birds. :D

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Silver Pie wrote: May 4th, 2017, 4:48 pm
freedomforall wrote: April 29th, 2017, 9:19 pm I'm glad they don't explain why in some areas of the country birds fly upside down.
:)) :))

Could be interesting, though, to find out why. Especially about the birds. :D
I heard that birds fly upside down over areas of the land not worth pooping on.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

:))

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Florida disappears in man's sinkhole.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Image in my mind: Someone's sink, with the state of Florida being sucked down the drain.

righteousrepublic
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by righteousrepublic »

Silver Pie wrote: May 9th, 2017, 10:57 am Image in my mind: Someone's sink, with the state of Florida being sucked down the drain.

Silver Pie mentioned this thread so I thought I'd try my hand at cracking a sinkhole joke, if that's possible. Here goes.

On the evening of May 9th, a man's newly installed drain hole shuddered and subsequently sucked his sink into oblivion. A plumber, contacted the next morning, followed up by peering into the new hole and was never seen again.
It was later discovered that at the same moment the sink disappeared, the plumber had read a fortune cookie that told him to beware of a very strange phenomenon deep beneath a sink shaped hole in a floor. Like a bird, he was swallowed up so fast he couldn't Finch.

The Airbender
captain of 1,000

Post by The Airbender »

The things that get me the most are

1) You are laying in bed and suddenly dead within 2-5 minutes.

2) You are hanging out with your brother who decides to go to bed and suddenly you're world is rocked (literally) and your brother is gone but you hear him calling for help and you jump down into a hole to save him. Useless.

What a way to go. What a way to lose someone.

righteousrepublic
Level 34 Illuminated

The Airbender wrote: June 3rd, 2019, 10:26 am The things that get me the most are

2) You are hanging out with your brother who decides to go to bed and suddenly you're world is rocked (literally) and your brother is gone but you hear him calling for help and you jump down into a hole to save him. Useless.

It is real sad and tragic. No one knows if the man was eventually covered with soil, or spent many days dying of lack of water and nourishment in an air pocket behind a wall of dirt.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

righteousrepublic wrote: June 3rd, 2019, 2:42 am Silver Pie mentioned this thread so I thought I'd try my hand at cracking a sinkhole joke, if that's possible. Here goes.

Oh, goody! [claps hands]

Another sinkhole buddy. Yes!

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

The Airbender wrote: June 3rd, 2019, 10:26 am The things that get me the most are

I know. It's totally creepy. It's disturbing.

And it really opened up a new understanding of the scriptures to me, where the Book of Mormon says the earth swallowed some people when Christ died.

The Airbender
captain of 1,000

Post by The Airbender »

Silver Pie wrote: June 3rd, 2019, 11:06 pm

I know. It's totally creepy. It's disturbing.

And it really opened up a new understanding of the scriptures to me, where the Book of Mormon says the earth swallowed some people when Christ died.
Imagine that on a city-wide scale.

righteousrepublic
Level 34 Illuminated

This is how a whole town could disappear.

Land O' Lakes, Florida Sinkhole - Updated Video

Sinkhole Alley In America

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Man emerges from Florida sinkhole, comes out as gay.

righteousrepublic
Level 34 Illuminated

Chip wrote: June 4th, 2019, 8:44 pm Man emerges from Florida sinkhole, comes out as gay.
Hopefully he came out carefree and merry. :)

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

righteousrepublic wrote: June 5th, 2019, 10:25 am
Chip wrote: June 4th, 2019, 8:44 pm Man emerges from Florida sinkhole, comes out as gay.
Some retirees who witnessed the event said that he was donning gay apparel.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Holy crap, that's scary for those people! Watching the one house fall in and the other one partly fall in was like watching a train wreck: hard to stop looking.

And in the second video, that lady who got cracks in her floor(s) showing that a sinkhole was developing . . . . I'd get the h@!! out of there! There's no way I would stay in a house that's planning to be swallowed up. I mean, you never know when it will suddenly give way and you're like that original guy who went to bed and ended up in a sinkhole, apparently dead.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Does anyone know how close to Sinkhole Alley the Church's property is? The city they plan to build? And, I guess they have some kind of ranch or something in Florida, too.

righteousrepublic
Level 34 Illuminated

Silver Pie wrote: June 5th, 2019, 5:06 pm Does anyone know how close to Sinkhole Alley the Church's property is? The city they plan to build? And, I guess they have some kind of ranch or something in Florida, too.
In 1997 it was the world's largest beef ranch, and the land was worth an estimated $858 million.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deseret_Ranches

Another image

righteousrepublic
Level 34 Illuminated

righteousrepublic
Level 34 Illuminated

Chip wrote: June 5th, 2019, 3:47 pm
righteousrepublic wrote: June 5th, 2019, 10:25 am
Some retirees who witnessed the event said that he was donning gay apparel.
It must have been flowing merrily in the breeze.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

It looks like there are a few sinkholes near or in the ranch area. I need to find out where the land is that they bought to build a city. Be back.