Man disappears in Florida Sinkhole

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Man disappears in Florida Sinkhole

Post by freedomforall »

Fla. man swallowed by sinkhole, presumed dead
Must Read?Yes 506
Email Story Print
By CHRIS O'MEARA and TAMARA LUSH, AP
2 hours ago
news-national-20130301-US.Sinkhole.Swallows.Man

In this undated photo released by Jeremy Bush, shows his brother Jeff Bush. ...

SEFFNER, Fla. — In a matter of seconds, the earth opened under Jeff Bush's bedroom and swallowed him up like something out of a horror movie. About the only thing left was the TV cable running down into the hole.

Bush, 37, was presumed dead Friday, the victim of a sinkhole — a hazard so common in Florida that state law requires home insurers to provide coverage against the danger.

The sinkhole, estimated at 20 feet across and 20 feet deep...

https://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/ne ... llows.Man/

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Re: Man disappears in Florida Sinkhole

Post by A Random Phrase »

Puts a new light on the scripture that says the earth swallowed them up (in BofM, at Jesus' death, I believe).

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Florida man sinks then disappears in manhole.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Florida sinks in manhole then man disappears.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

I wonder why no one else sees fit to comment or wonder about this. Perhaps you should change the title to "Ron Paul (or Romney) Pushes Man Down Florida Sinkhole." :P

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Sinking man disappears in Florida hole.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Manhole sinks Florida disappears

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

You know, if we make a lot of posts, people might think there's a raging conversation going on here.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

As engineers on Saturday continued probing the ground around the sinkhole that swallowed a Florida man from inside his bedroom, officials called off the effort to recover his body.

Hillsborough County Administrator Mike Merrill said late in the afternoon that they were ending the attempt to find Jeff Bush's body.
http://www.greatfallstribune.com/usatod ... le/1958491

Workers cannot recover the body until the ground is deemed safe enough to support heavy equipment, she said.

"We're at a standstill there," Damico said.

Two adjoining houses - one on either side of Bush's - were evacuated by rescue workers. Red Cross officials on the scene are working to place those residents in temporary housing, she said.

The opening to the sinkhole in the home is about 20 feet across but could be five times that wide directly beneath the ground, Damico said. The sinkhole also appears to be 15 feet deep inside but could be up to four times that deep, she said.

"Think of it as an hourglass," Damico said. "You have an opening then a wider part directly beneath it."

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

Even though this is an incredible story - and true - it seems there is remarkable indifference to it on this forum. Maybe we should throw the words "tithing" or "city creek mall" into the title. Then it would magically sprout to ten or twenty pages. :))

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

A Florida man goes on vacation to SLC. While there he visits The City Creek Center and asks how it was funded and how much the center cost. He was told it cost 1.5 Billion dollars, some of it from tithe payers. After going home he tells family and friends that the center was beautiful but he thought it cost way to much and that money could have been used for other things. One night while laying in bed, he hears a terrible noise and then disappears in a sinkhole beneath his bedroom, not to be heard from again.

Moral of the story: visit center but keep mouth shut.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

=)) Now, if THAT had been the first post, what a thread this would be!

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

A Random Phrase wrote:=)) Now, if THAT had been the first post, what a thread this would be!
Perhaps I need to sensationalize the story, then more people would respond. So far it's like "big deal, so what if a man is sucked into a sinkhole and loses his life?"

Either that, or we're not in the right Clique.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

freedomfighter wrote:
A Random Phrase wrote:=)) Now, if THAT had been the first post, what a thread this would be!
Perhaps I need to sensationalize the story, then more people would respond. So far it's like "big deal, so what if a man is sucked into a sinkhole and loses his life?"

Yup. One or the other.

Personally, I think it's a pretty big deal. So, it was only one man. It was still someone. And it was a terrible thing. I think it ought to be noticed, even if only so people can send prayers or good thoughts toward his grieving family and friends.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

A Random Phrase wrote:
freedomfighter wrote:

Yup. One or the other.

Personally, I think it's a pretty big deal. So, it was only one man. It was still someone. And it was a terrible thing. I think it ought to be noticed, even if only so people can send prayers or good thoughts toward his grieving family and friends.
Tragedies like this all too often go with little write-up. If he were to have been shot by police, or died trying to protect himself from intruders, we'd probably heard a whole lot more. And even then it might have been all about gun control. If it had been a drone strike that took him out, we'd never hear the end of it.

We're told that in the last days man's love would wax cold, or something like this.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

freedomfighter wrote:We're told that in the last days man's love would wax cold, or something like this.
And it seems too true. Perhaps part of it is that so many bad things happen, so many people get killed for one reason or another, what is one person?

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

A Random Phrase wrote:
freedomfighter wrote:We're told that in the last days man's love would wax cold, or something like this.
And it seems too true. Perhaps part of it is that so many bad things happen, so many people get killed for one reason or another, what is one person?
And people say, "just as long as it isn't me."

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

freedomfighter wrote:
A Random Phrase wrote:
Sigh* Yep. We are so cold-hearted in today's world. In fact, I think the sensational deaths that make the news and are talked about incessantly, are noticed because of the morbid curiosity of people - or the fear that they/their children could be next - or just because people are bored and here's something to lighten things up. Oh, yes, and if it seems to be part of the agenda to take away our freedoms (supposing we really have any left) or our guns.

Do any of us genuinely care, I wonder, if there is absolutely nothing in it "for me"?

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

A Random Phrase wrote:
freedomfighter wrote:
A Random Phrase wrote:
Sigh* Yep. We are so cold-hearted in today's world. In fact, I think the sensational deaths that make the news and are talked about incessantly, are noticed because of the morbid curiosity of people - or the fear that they/their children could be next - or just because people are bored and here's something to lighten things up. Oh, yes, and if it seems to be part of the agenda to take away our freedoms (supposing we really have any left) or our guns.

Do any of us genuinely care, I wonder, if there is absolutely nothing in it "for me"?
I must admit though, with the threat of civil war, guns being taken away, TSA having more and more liberties, NWO right around the corner, POTUS becoming a dictator, drone strikes on citizens, cops arresting people without probable cause and detaining people indefinitely, Feinstein, Holder and others like them getting away with treasonous acts, the last remnants of the Constitution being flushed down the toilet, people ignoring the Declaration of Independence, evil taking over the country and a myriad of other despicable things going on right before our eyes...life is good. Or is it?

When will God stretch forth his mighty hand and subdue the wicked? When will the righteous see justice? When will the hopes and prayers and faith of good people have any affect? How many hearts must fail before the wicked see the mighty works of God coming for them?

Luke 21:26
26 Men’s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

Doctrine and Covenants 63:33
33 I have sworn in my wrath, and decreed wars upon the face of the earth, and the wicked shall slay the wicked, and fear shall come upon every man;

Psalm 139
17 How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!
18 If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.
19 Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: depart from me therefore, ye bloody men.
20 For they speak against thee wickedly, and thine enemies take thy name in vain.
21 Do not I hate them, O Lord, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?
22 I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

I'm having an off day, my heart yearns; my soul aches, my hopes and supplications are intense.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

A Florida man disappears at night after falling into an inkwell.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

freedomfighter wrote:A Florida man disappears at night after falling into an inkwell.
=))

Oh, make that the title! :))

We are definitely overwhelmed with spiritual illness/weakness/danger not to mention the physical and social dangers. Maybe it is so overwhelming that a man falling into an inkwell ... er ... I mean, sinkhole is not that big of a deal.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

So let's sensationalize the story a little.

An unknown entity deep in a Texas oil well apparently came up and seized a man Tuesday night and he disappeared, not to be seen ever again. The creature had been seen weeks before eating flesh off of a victim who had been the supervisor of he crew. Awful sounds of smacking lips and crushing bone made the men cringe. As they gaped, the creature looked like a massive piece of tar dripping with oil. And when the men got closer they detected an awful stench in the air resembling the aroma like that of a bouquet of raunchy armpits, and it caused them to feel sick and disoriented. So they were averted from any further investigation. Meanwhile, the man who recently disappeared is survived by a family of four. Condolences go out to them.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

Sounds good.

And rumors in the last few days are that an oil-covered something has been skulking around residences and three cats and two horses have disappeared. One young lady reported being followed home. Her screen door was ripped off its hinges, but there was no damage to the solid wooden door. See the pictures here of the oil-covered porch and sidewalk.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

When asked about the oily blob, a man and woman having recently seen it, they described something very odd about it. They said it was carrying a sign that read: Hope And Change. Now just what could this be all about?