Bug out Places in utah?

For discussion related to emergency preparedness, survival, self-sufficiency, food and water storage, guns, heat, light, building, gardening, etc.
dlbww
captain of 100

Re: Bug out Places in utah?

Post by dlbww »

Last edited by dlbww on September 26th, 2015, 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daryl
captain of 1,000

Post by Daryl »

Haddojh wrote:If disaster or calamity happened in utah, where would you go if you had to leave the heavily populated areas? just the mtns? or do you have a place in mind? you do not have to share specifics if you are uncomfortable, i understand. What skills are you proficient in and what skills are you lacking?
If you are in Utah County and you are looking to network, check out Phil Burns. I know Phil and have followed his blogs and TV shows. He knows what he is doing.
http://americanpreppersnetwork.com/author/phil-burns" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Book of Ruth
captain of 100

Post by Book of Ruth »

I'm not sure where exactly to post this, but this seems a good fit. This is a talk given by Elder Jeffrey R Holland, he tells that there is not EVER going to be another fleeing. Here is the link and a couple of his comments:

http://www.lds.org/broadcasts/article/c ... is-calling" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Of course, that statement wasn’t a comment about the Salt Lake Valley only or even the Wasatch Front generally; it became a statement for the members of the Church all over the world. In these last days, in this our dispensation, we would become mature enough to stop running. We would become mature enough to plant our feet and our families and our foundations in every nation, kindred, tongue, and people permanently. Zion would be everywhere—wherever the Church is. And with that change—one of the mighty changes of the last days—we no longer think of Zion as where we are going to live; we think of it as how we are going to live."

My young friends, there is a wide variety of beliefs in this world, and there is moral agency for all, but no one is entitled to act as if God is mute on these subjects or as if commandments only matter if there is public agreement over them. In the 21st century we cannot flee any longer. We are going to have to fight for laws and circumstances and environments that allow the free exercise of religion and our franchise in it. That is one way we can tolerate being in Babylon but not of it.

Israel, Israel, God Is Calling
ELDER JEFFREY R. HOLLAND
OF THE QUORUM OF THE TWELVE APOSTLES

This entire talk is excellent. The summary is: Start living like saints and building Zion where you are, there isn't another "fleeing" event that takes the wicked out after the righteous are gone. The righteous are saved where they are because of the lives they lead. This talk also is excellent along side Elder Oaks talke on tolerance in this months Ensign.

katmr
captain of 100

Post by katmr »

I definitely agree that we should strive to build Zion around us and make it a part of our life.....However, I think for us to believe we will just stay where we are through everything that is going to happen is very unrealistic. This is my opinion only. There are other quotes (I will have to find them later because I have a lot going on right now) by church leaders that talk about places of safety and refuge that the Lord has prepared for his people. Some of the quote references can be found in the book "As a Thief in the Night" by Roger K. Young.

North_Star
captain of 100

Post by North_Star »

katmr wrote:I definitely agree that we should strive to build Zion around us and make it a part of our life.....However, I think for us to believe we will just stay where we are through everything that is going to happen is very unrealistic. This is my opinion only. There are other quotes (I will have to find them later because I have a lot going on right now) by church leaders that talk about places of safety and refuge that the Lord has prepared for his people. Some of the quote references can be found in the book "As a Thief in the Night" by Roger K. Young.
I have a confession to make: I'm so unhappy with AVOW, that I shut down (and move on) when I see anything associated with them.

North_Star
captain of 100

Post by North_Star »

Meanwhile Haddojh, I also live in Utah County.....I've always felt there are some good places to live in Sanpete County.

fwiw. :)

p.s I think Daryl's suggestion is a good one....again, fwiw (despite my avowphobia)

katmr
captain of 100

Post by katmr »

North_Star wrote:
katmr wrote:I definitely agree that we should strive to build Zion around us and make it a part of our life.....However, I think for us to believe we will just stay where we are through everything that is going to happen is very unrealistic. This is my opinion only. There are other quotes (I will have to find them later because I have a lot going on right now) by church leaders that talk about places of safety and refuge that the Lord has prepared for his people. Some of the quote references can be found in the book "As a Thief in the Night" by Roger K. Young.
I have a confession to make: I'm so unhappy with AVOW, that I shut down (and move on) when I see anything associated with them.
That's fine. I've heard of others feeling the same way. I've never associated with AVOW but I have read "As a Thief in the Night" which does have some valid quotes.

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

People really seem to hate that avow. What's the problem with them?

letsjet
captain of 100

Post by letsjet »

According to J. Reuben Clark Grantsville, Utah will be a safe place to live.

Harold B. Lee shared the following story concerning a statement made by J. Reuben Clark, a member of the First Presidency under David O. McKay: "We heard him (President Clark) reply in answer to a question as to why he had put his life savings into his presently owned Grantsville ranch. He said, 'This is all I have to leave to my family when I die, and if they are not too lazy to work it, they won't starve. I have told them that when the first atomic bomb is dropped in America, that they are to go out there on the ranch and stay until it is over.' This last seemed not only to be wise counsel, but also a prophecy." (Improvement Era, Sept. 1961, p, 4)

My Patriarchal Blessing speaks of "much destruction" coming to the earth in my lifetime, but I will be protected from this destruction. Circumstanced beyond my control fell into place and I ended up moving to Grantsville, Utah. I do not care much for an isolated desert community. I did not want to move here it was all the Lord's doing. It is very clear that the Lord wants me to raise my family here.

It took me some time, but I finally feel at home now. I can honestly say that the people who live here are a Zion people. As a financial clerk I am amazed at their generosity in paying their tithes and offerings. These people are not rich, but they consistently pay a lot. If you want to be safe from the judgments of God you need to be among the pure in heart.

I read another quote by President Clark where he said that "Grantsville will be safe from the judgments of God," but I can't find it right now.

Anyway, Grantsville, Utah gets my vote. I am sure that there are other places just as safe, but for me this is where I am supposed to be.

Haddojh
captain of 50

Post by Haddojh »

I found a vision seen by Newman Bulkley, veteran of the Mormon Battalion, on January 8, 1886, in Springville, Utah, in his vision: "When this became known to the Saints, instructions were sent forth for all the inhabitants of this territory to gather into the valleys, as near as possible to the Temples. And the people gathered into Salt Lake, Cache, Utah and Sanpete Valleys, and to St. George, until there was a family to nearly every acre of land, and all the country around was filled with our people. And water broke forth, where before there had been no water, so that all the land could be cultivated."

I also think Sanpete Valley is a good place and know people that live there already.

Haddojh
captain of 50

Post by Haddojh »

letsjet: "My Patriarchal Blessing speaks of "much destruction" coming to the earth in my lifetime, but I will be protected from this destruction."

I like this, seems more and more people have special things mentioning the second coming times. My Patriarchal Blessing says "you will be a part of the expansion of the kingdom, even unto the Center Stake of Zion, Which is yet to be built up in Jackson County, Missouri"

It's good to hear of others and their special blessings concerning the end times.
Last edited by Haddojh on February 18th, 2013, 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HeirofNumenor
the Heir Of Numenor

Post by HeirofNumenor »

I have heard of prophecies (by Brigham Young?) stating that BOTH Sanpete Valley, and the Cedar City valley will EACH have one million people or more in the Last Days.

NOTE: these were primarily refugees from other troubled and devastated areas of the nation (and presumably, world).

It was Glen Kimber (Cleon Skousen's son-in-law) that told me these.

FWIW

North_Star
captain of 100

Post by North_Star »

Seek the Truth wrote:People really seem to hate that avow. What's the problem with them?
There are a lot of kind hearted and good souls there (imo)..... a few rascals (again imo) have helped me understand the meaning of pharisaint.

jmo.

North_Star
captain of 100

Post by North_Star »

Haddojh wrote:I found a vision seen by Newman Bulkley, veteran of the Mormon Battalion, on January 8, 1886, in Springville, Utah, in his vision: "When this became known to the Saints, instructions were sent forth for all the inhabitants of this territory to gather into the valleys, as near as possible to the Temples. And the people gathered into Salt Lake, Cache, Utah and Sanpete Valleys, and to St. George, until there was a family to nearly every acre of land, and all the country around was filled with our people. And water broke forth, where before there had been no water, so that all the land could be cultivated."

I also think Sanpete Valley is a good place and know people that live there already.
Do you mind if I ask your age Haddojh?

Haddojh
captain of 50

Post by Haddojh »

I am 29.

North_Star
captain of 100

Post by North_Star »

Haddojh wrote:I am 29.
I'd love to be 29 again! :)

I have a single daughter 30 (with two little ones) and my youngest single daughter is 25 (currently in Israel).

Are you married? :D

Haddojh
captain of 50

Post by Haddojh »

Yes i am married.

North_Star
captain of 100

Post by North_Star »

Haddojh wrote:Yes i am married.
Thanks. I"m desperate to find companions for my daughters. :ymblushing:

bobhenstra
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by bobhenstra »

A temple's being built in Payson, 10 minutes away from the hidden valley of Genola, I feel safer already!

sbsion
captain of 1,000

Post by sbsion »

North_Star wrote:

don't worry, "it'll" be take care of, even "if" they all get the same..........he he

bobhenstra
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by bobhenstra »

The cabin I currently live in is my bug out location, however my oldest son who lives a few miles away says "no it isn't!"

North_Star
captain of 100

Post by North_Star »

North_Star wrote:
the eternal kind. :ymblushing:

TZONE
captain of 1,000

Post by TZONE »

Thanks for sharing that about your Patrarchal blessings! I didn''t realize those things were being said. Mine says very little. I remember my patriarch saying "you have a very powerful blessing" or something in that affect but all it talks about is the spirit ;). But love it to death.

So SLC is supposed to get the most wicked and financial bondage is supposed to be a problem due to the richeness of the people. Anyone read if SLC will be safe? I don't think I will make it out of here without divine intervention.

Dustinmk4
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Dustinmk4 »

Our family has a pretty decent plan for bug out. My father in law own 40 acres northwest of us near the Nevada border. He has 3 old camper trailers out there that are sutible to sleep in loaded with some supplies, a really well build outhouse and it is very secluded. Water and hunting in the area as well as an old mine that could be used for shelter and possible mine some resources. It is a long drive but the plan is for everyone to meet out there with their trailers and start a small community. Between all of us we have about any skill we would need from electrical and engineering to medical to gardening and hunting, we even have 2 teachers including my wife. Several of us are pretty good mechanically together we can fix or build about anything we would need.

Hopefully in the future we can get things more prepared out there with a fresh water well and some old shipping containers for storage and shelter, there is a small hill on the property that would be perfect to sink some containers into for cold storage and nuclear fallout protection.

Dusty Wanderer
captain of 1,000

Post by Dusty Wanderer »

tmac wrote: February 8th, 2013, 7:24 am Haddojh, I would be glad to engage in this discussion with you. For the past 10 years or so, my wife and I have chosen to live and finish raising our family in good a bug-out spot, and I have done most of my business, etc., elsewhere to support and provide for my family here.

For the past couple years, as our children were approaching adulthood, and the season of our life was changing, I seriously considered (and tried) to relocate to improve our situation in light of the changing/shifting landscape, but last Fall, I experienced what I call my "Great Redirection," in which I was directed to stay put, and means were provided for me to be able to do that.

Although I have always been concerned about who we share our foxhole with, as part of that whole scenario, we had the opportunity to sell part of our very well-situated property to someone else to use as their own bug-out spot. I think it will be a genuine win/win for both of us.

At this point we are moving forward with some interesting projects here with an eye toward being even better situated and prepared for the future.

I would be interested in hearing more about you and your objectives. If you're not comfortable about talking about that here, but would like to discuss further, please send me a PM.
tmac, I'm in the process of locating property and am dealing with a ton of different profile points. So, I like to see what attributes are important about the property they've chosen. What makes your property "well-situated" for you? Is it situated on a bench or in a valley? Do you have a water source, not only for culinary needs, but for potentially watering garden/crops; and does it require electricity (pump) or is it natural? High elevation? What is your ideal distance from a bigger population center (building supplies, groceries, etc)? Are you in a community, with neighbors (even if they are spread out)? I think that is important, too.

Anyway, I'm not asking for location details, as I understand the need for discretion. Just looking for characteristics about it that make it ideal for you, as I'm looking for my own right now. Thanks