LDSs support of Secret Combinations

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Re: LDSs support of Secret Combinations

Post by freedomforall »

If we don't try to repeal Obamacare, are we in support of secret combinations?

See: http://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopi ... 19&t=23456" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

heartsongs
captain of 100

Post by heartsongs »

lundbaek wrote:And Prresident Packer said "Wherefore, O ye Gentiles [and the term gentile in that place in the Book of Mormon refers to us in our generation], it is wisdom in God that these things should be shown unto you, that thereby ye may repent of your sins, and suffer not that these murderous combinations shall get above you." And the warnings of President Benson and Elder McConkie clearly refer to our time. One might be tempted to suggest that members who do not recognize the secret combination in our midst today are engaging in some form of unrighteousness. But I cannot buy into that idea, which leaves me still wondering why so many good Mormons seem almost totally oblivious to the secret combinations.
I was one of those temple recommend holding, temple working, go to church every Sunday "sound asleep while yet being wide awake" members in good standing. I can't tell you how many times I had read the BOM from front to back and understood what I was reading, but, yet didn't have a clue what was going on around me, and then be able to relate the two. Take for example 9/11. I believed everything the media said about it. Why shouldn't I? It wasn't until some years later that my son showed me a DVD about those life/world changing events. One day my son came home and said "Mom, I have a DVD I want you to watch with me." Of course I said "sure". We watched it together, he would pause it for a few minutes to tell me something about what I was hearing and then go forward again. After seeing that video, then I watched it again. It raised so many questions that I had never ever considered before. That then sent me off on a quest to learn more. Because I was "seeking and looking for answers" just like the scriptures say, I was given the answers and doors were opened up. One piece of info led me to another piece of info and bit by bit things started falling into place until I was no longer walking in my sleep. I think so many don't know what is going on around them because they are walking around with their eyes open while being sound asleep. I think it's just that a lot of folks think, oh, not here in America, we aren't like that. Or, people here would never do such things. And, also, I don't think people learn the lessons or look at the past mistakes from history, or understand the Constitution or Bill of Rights, and lastly, quite frankly I just think people are to busy doing their own thing to worry about matters that they don't care about or don't even know exist.

DRollingKearney
captain of 50

Post by DRollingKearney »

I hope all of you will take the time to read my friend's book, There Are Save Two Churches Only, Volume I (http://www.twochurchesonly.com/) and then share it with your family and friends that still need to be awakened, as that is the main purpose of the book.

ljmom
captain of 10

Post by ljmom »

I went to the presentation last night in Logan, Ut. It was great. I ordered the book from amazon. He didn't have any books to sell with him last night which made a impression on me that he's not in it for the money which I sensed anyway. Very smart man.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

DRollingKearney wrote:I hope all of you will take the time to read my friend's book, There Are Save Two Churches Only, Volume I (http://www.twochurchesonly.com/) and then share it with your family and friends that still need to be awakened, as that is the main purpose of the book.
I went to this link and got "webhost.com and an error message.

awar_e
captain of 100

Post by awar_e »

The secret combinations have been engaged against our nation since shortly before the Declaration of Independence.
There are none alive today who have escaped the govt school agenda of the adversary. It has just grown stronger and more all encompassing with the passage of time. As the endless clamor for more money for schools has strengthened the hold on education, the propaganda has evolved to declare that everyone must have a college degree. This is part of the plan to steal wealth from everyone as living standards evolve to credit card existence as a way of life. Currently college grads find themselves buried in debt regardless if they landed their targeted job or not. This has been the master gadianton plan since the nation was formed.

What we have been told was an advancement in societal rights of individuals, has in fact been a massive destruction of constitutional rights. A nation that was founded on religious freedom for all, has evolved into a nation of freedom FROM religion with dastardly results. God given rights never provided for freedom FROM religion.
The rantings for abortion, homosexuality, drugs, unrestrained cohabitation, mind numbing music, sports addiction and prohibition of God and scriptures in schools and public places has obscured what this nation was like when wise men were elected many years ago.
The greed and corruption which now engulfs the nations of the world has left us with no political solution from gadianton dominance and, repentance, scriptural study and prayer is our best defense.
Coupled with focusing on things of eternal worth and removing ourselves from debt and all manner of govt enslavement should allow us to be worthy of personal revelation.
Obedience to the Lord will serve us well if listen to the promptings such as asking us to pray for discernment in all things each day . Zion communities are forming around us that do not have physical boundaries just yet. Here on the internet we are finding each other and can share thoughts and get assistance from others.

rixida
Hi, I'm new.

Post by rixida »

I believe that it is all part of the lords plan for ushering in the last days. Even if we have knowledge of the secret combinations that are going on currently, theres only so much we can do about it. For example, Obama stole the election by telling "his people" they all need to stick together and by doing small favors for the low income crowd ie: giving out free cell phones among other things(and YES I can prove all those accusations). He is now the president wether we like it or not. 98% of congress is corrupt and most of the media slobers all over barry (obama) anytime he opens his mouth. He could tell some people that the earth is flat and they would believe him. How can any of us compete with such idiocy as that. Its as if the lord put a "stupidity" spell on most of the country. As you can tell by my rant, I am a little upset at how things are going nowadays but I keep telling myself its all part of the plan.

HeirofNumenor
the Heir Of Numenor

Post by HeirofNumenor »

agreed - awar_e