Joel Skousen

Post calls to action or information about events, meetings, or lectures that are liberty and/or gospel related.
Benjamin Harrison
captain of 100

Joel Skousen

Post by Benjamin Harrison »

I have been e-mailing Joel Skousen and he has agreed to a small meeting much like he had in Highland recently.

Dec. 7th 2012. (Kind of Ironic huh?)@ The Cynthia Fine Arts Center, 53 North 300 East. Roosevelt, Utah 7:00 PM See you all there!
Last edited by Benjamin Harrison on November 16th, 2012, 2:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

hopeNlove
captain of 50

Re: Joel Skousen

Post by hopeNlove »

That is great! I would love to attend but my car is not in the best shape to be driving that far. I need to get some things checked out and fixed and I am sure that will cost more that I would like. I hope you or someone will record the meeting and share it with us.

Benjamin Harrison
captain of 100

It will most likely happen on the 7th .
Last edited by Benjamin Harrison on November 16th, 2012, 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

ktg
captain of 100

Post by ktg »

I'm interested.

Benjamin Harrison
captain of 100

OK so the day will be Dec. 7th at 7:00 pm in Roosevelt. At the Cynthia Center in Roosevelt.
Last edited by Benjamin Harrison on November 16th, 2012, 2:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

triple777
captain of 100

Post by triple777 »

Please record this in audio format so it can be shared latter. His other fireside chat was amazing. If I Lived in Utah I would show up.

Daniel
captain of 50

Post by Daniel »

Benjamin,

We here in Duchesne County have been having monthly constitution classes on the first Thursday of each month. This month we are having Joe Wolverton come again to speak to us. Would you mind if I invited our class to come along to see Joel on Friday? We normally have about 25 who attend, but have had upwards to 50. I don't know how many you were planning to have attend but I think we could potentially fill the house if we helped get the word out in the area here.

By the way. I have started a constitution class in Roosevelt on the First Wednesday of each month. I would primarily like those people to come if that is okay.

Daniel

ktg
captain of 100

Post by ktg »

Thanks for arranging this Benjamin. I enjoyed it. Hopefully someone has a better recording that mine and they'll make it available.

moving2zion
captain of 100

Post by moving2zion »

POST POST POST! let us know how it went! Wish I could have been there. No one ever brings any fun to firesides outside of UT :(

geanienut
captain of 10

Post by geanienut »

moving2zion wrote:POST POST POST! let us know how it went! Wish I could have been there. No one ever brings any fun to firesides outside of UT :(
I totally agree.. HOpe those who went can upload an audio recording ..

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

I had two friends I tried to get to go, they couldn't make it.

captain of 10

Post by 224457 »

Hi all, I just wanted to know if anyone was so kind to either record or take notes of Skousens meeting.? Much appreciated.

Benjamin Harrison
captain of 100

I am still waiting for the recording. Sorry it is taking so long.

Daniel
captain of 50

Post by Daniel »

Okay, I'm finally here. Sorry for the wait. This has somehow been the busiest month of the year for me, and I just have not had a break until now, sort of. I did get more than 2 hours of recording on my phone, but I found that the recording quality is so bad that I can hardly decifer it. The volume is very low, is marred with other noises in the room and my phone seems to record with a constant low level static noise. I'm new at these things. Next time I won't sit near the back of the room. And I'll experiment with the device first to figure out how to get a quality recording.

There were just over 30 people in attendance. Some of the things I remember Joel speaking of were that the Uintah Basin is considered one of the safer places to be... unless Hill Air Force Base gets nuked and the winds carry the fallout over us. That also depends on the weather, if it is snowing or raining at the time of attack we're probably okay because the fallout dust would hopefully get washed out of the air before it gets to us. One of our greatest risks out here is the danger of home invasion by "pickup truck type people" who would be looking for food and supplies. Being isolated may be a risk in those circumstances. When he said "pickup truck type people" he meant that we have a lot oil field workers and rough necks in the area who have moved here for the work. He also warned us that if we think we can just live out of our gardens, our neighbors will think they can live off of ours too, so it will be impossible to grow a garden while half the town is also waiting for your vegetables ripen. Our gardens will constantly be raided by our neighbors and enemies. He said that even in our small towns that there are a lot of people who are unprepared, which will be a problem, though not on the level of a large city.

He talked to us about the revelation in D&C 45? where it talks about the only ones being safe will be those who are at Zion meaning Indepencence Missouri, and that everyone who will not take up their sword against their neighbor will of necessity have to flee to Zion. He said that where the D&C talks about not fearing if prepared, is actually talking about being spiritually prepared and not fearing for your spiritual salvation. He says that we will fear for our lives and lives of our families, thats garranteed.

He talked about how we as LDS are being tested in our ability to percieve truth and error, and in learning how to follow the Holy Spirit, especially where we are not being fully warned of all the evils in the world by our church leaders that could ensnare us. That we are being warned to prepare for tribulation, if we can hear the promptings. He said we may be turned against by our fellow church members who will turn us in for not supporting the New World Order. We may be out casts for a period of time.

Daniel
Last edited by Daniel on December 19th, 2012, 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

heartsongs
captain of 100

Post by heartsongs »

@ Daniel.

I know it is true, but, geeze.....doesn't persecution just sound wonderful (said sarcastically of course.)? Truthfully, I just look forward with great delight of the time when we live in peace, liberty and with like minded people who love each other and the Lord. Lord, help me to be ready.

Thanks for the highlights Daniel.
:D

MsEva
captain of 100

Post by MsEva »

Thanks for sharing what you could remember. I ask anyone else that was there to please share what you remember.

Thank you

ktg
captain of 100

Post by ktg »

I was hoping a recording would be posted as I used my phone as well and it's not good. Since Daniel started, I'll add a little to his with hopes that the recording will still be posted.

Most of what Joel talked about is available on his Youtube interviews. I'll try my best from my poor memory.
There is no way to reverse the course our country is on. All we can do is prepare for what's to come.
He said that if anyone outside of your trusted group knows about your storage, you may as well kiss it goodbye because when the stuff hits the fan, looters and the government will be coming for it. It needs to be in a completely hidden and secure area. Keep a small amount of food that you use regularly in a spot that is easily found. Hopefully that will satisfy those who come for it and they'll leave before finding your real stash. Gardens will be useless at that time.
Joel talked quite a bit about the conspiracies in the government from presidential assassinations to Pearl Harbor to 911. With that in mind, he thinks that even he will be surprised in the next life when the full extent of the Secret Combinations of our day are revealed.
In regards the the test that Daniels mentioned above, Joel said that most LDS are failing that test and those who aren't failing the test can expect persecution from those who are.
He said that the Church has been quiet on a lot of subjects but they will come out at some time and say enough is enough and they'll turn paths from appeasing the world (government) to opposing them. At that time, we can expect a lot of persecution and a great division in the Church.
Joel believes we have at least 8 years before Russia/China nuke major cities in the US, although that doesn't prevent other things from happening in the meantime. Major targets in Utah are Hill Airforce Base and the Data Center in Utah County. Clinton signed law regarding retaliation for nuclear attack that will guarantee our loss in a nuclear attack. Then we'll accept a world government for our own protection.
He expects us to take Syria out of commission early next year. That will be the last piece of the puzzle allowing Isreal to attack Iran. North Korea will be the trigger for WW3.
He said the Muslim Brotherhood is a red herring.

That's all I got right now.

MsEva
captain of 100

Post by MsEva »

Thank you ktg for sharing what you remember. :)

HeirofNumenor
the Heir Of Numenor

Post by HeirofNumenor »

Thank you for your notes...

I think this is what most of us are focused on in some way...
He said that the Church has been quiet on a lot of subjects but they will come out at some time and say enough is enough and they'll turn paths from appeasing the world (government) to opposing them. At that time, we can expect a lot of persecution and a great division in the Church.

captain of 10

Post by 224457 »

Thanks for the comments and notes from the meeting. Hopefully there is more and an audio recording on the horizon :)

TZONE
captain of 1,000

Post by TZONE »

I guess there was no audio recording than? Has joel published any papers, articles, lectures, youtube videos on this matter? I would like to read more detail on some of these things.

edit: I havent listened to the lectures yet but Just ran into two lectures here:

http://www.latterdayconservative.com/downloads/other/

Awakening to Our Awful Situation Lecture 1
Awakening to Our Awful Situation Lecture 2

Also

Joel Skousen - Highland UT 2 Nov 2012

deep water
captain of 1,000

Post by deep water »

Quit chasing your tail!!!!!!!!!!!! repent and return to Nephi's path and read the Pure-- again I say pure word of God and set your feet in the path. Nephis last words tell us, if we don't understand and act upon his words that his words shall condemn us at the judgement bar of God.