Wow! - Denver Snuffer on Romney - Awesome!

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
captainFreedom
captain of 10

Wow! - Denver Snuffer on Romney - Awesome!

Post by captainFreedom »

I have to feel a bit self-satisfied this morning, (as should everyone on this forum who shares my views), having just read Denver's recent post on Romney. While I have a few quibbles with him regarding his comments on the Muslim world, Kissinger, Nixon, and Obama, I won't harp on those at this moment, as I think that for the bulk of his article, he has abolutely NAILED what many of us have been trying to convey here about MR for the past few months.

Most devastating is this very perceptive and well-articulated quote (which echoes an identical theme on which I posted here a couple of months ago):

"To me, if in the end I vote for Mitt Romney, it will only be as a choice of the lesser of two evils. How I wish he were not Mormon. I think he represents the religion of conviction, devotion, and true principles (the ones which reside in my heart) in such an embarrassingly weak way that if taken as an example of our people should engender contempt and disrespect."

"How I wish he were not Mormon" - AMEN!

Feels very nice to be in such respected company. Read for yourself!:

http://denversnuffer.blogspot.com/2012/ ... omney.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henmasher
captain of 1,000

Re: Wow! - Denver Snuffer on Romney - Awesome!

Post by Henmasher »

Denver and anyone who follows him should be so careful as to not cast such a large stone! I enjoy much of what he writes however he is clearly out of line with his comment of I wish he were not mormon. It should have read:
I wish he did not have access to the same blessings of which I have access to for I am greater in the eyes of the Lord. :ymsick:

Thanks Denver, that pointed me right to Christ and his teachings #-o

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

I like Denver as well, but we shouldn't get too googly over everything he says. And I'm not even voting for Mitt.
Henmasher was right on Denver wishing Romney was not a mormon. Just proves that Denver is human and subject to passion.

Now Harry Reid on the other hand. :))
Last edited by ajax on September 21st, 2012, 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John Michael Kane
captain of 100

Post by John Michael Kane »

Henmasher wrote:Denver and anyone who follows him should be so careful as to not cast such a large stone! I enjoy much of what he writes however he is clearly out of line with his comment of I wish he were not mormon. It should have read:
I wish he did not have access to the same blessings of which I have access to for I am greater in the eyes of the Lord. :ymsick:

Thanks Denver, that pointed me right to Christ and his teachings #-o
Well if you've followed Denver's writings for any length of time it should be obvious that he's walking the tightrope with regard to apostasy. Whether or not he's crossed the line is for each to decide (especially regarding the application of his teachings)....but based on many of his blatant statements as well as claims to visits from Jesus its plainly obvious that he's at the edge. If he's telling the truth then great doubt is cast upon the claims of divine appointment of church leadership (authority). If he's not....well then he's been deceived by one that can appear as an angel of light. To each their own on judgment....

captainFreedom
captain of 10

Post by captainFreedom »

Bonus points - name the 2 logical fallacies you just committed in your response!

ATL Wake
captain of 100

Post by ATL Wake »

You're missing Denver's point.

He doesn't wish that Mitt personally isn't a Mormon, he is wishing that people don't associate HIM as a model Mormon.

It is unfortunate that many who now are more aware of Mormons, think of him.

If there is to be a Mormon leader that gets the attention of the country and world, would it be a person of deep conviction that can articulate true principles that we believe in.

Mitt, is probably a decent person. But there are a lot of descent people out there. Would that Mitt be a great example.

I could be wrong, but that is what I interpreted from Denver. But who really cares what he thinks anyway?

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

ATL Wake wrote:You're missing Denver's point. He doesn't wish that Mitt personally isn't a Mormon, he is wishing that people don't associate HIM as a model Mormon.
That's the impression I got, as well.

gr8ideas
captain of 100

Post by gr8ideas »

Good Grief Folks, I wish he was a Mormon. :-$

eric
captain of 100

Post by eric »

ajax wrote:I like Denver as well, but we shouldn't get too googly over everything he says. And I'm not even voting for Mitt.
Henmasher was right on Denver wishing Romney was not a mormon. Just proves that Denver is human and subject to passion.

+10 on what you said, esp Harry Reid. If I had the power, I would excomm him this second. I am embarrassed daily by his association with my religious sensibilities..... Mitt in many ways is a great guy - you cannot ignore the countenances of his wife and kids. I would love to have the unity of that family unit for my own (at least that is how they come across in the media). I agree, he does not represent well the constitutional ideals represented by most here on the forum.

I feel bad that he may not make it through the four years of his presidency. That will be a hard thing for his wife and kids to pass through.

eric
captain of 100

Post by eric »

The greatest critics are often members of your own family. If your sons and wife can unabashedly back you, then you are in good shape, indeed. They have all jumped behind him - very strongly - and they appear to all be on good paths; modern day Osmonds so to speak. I would say something is going well there - maybe not sticking to the Constitution so strongly, however.

My wife is hopeful that he will turn on the LDGs. If that is true (when it comes to the banksters), I suspect he will get a bullet for his troubles as Reagan, Kennedy, McKinley, Lincoln and (almost) Jackson did for turning their noses up at them. In reality - whoever is in office in a few years will have to do something. There is no way we will be able to deal with the payments on the interest on our debt. Maybe the next prez will have to tell the money masters to go pound sand? Times, they are a gettin' interesting.

linj2fly
captain of 1,000

Post by linj2fly »

eric wrote:
ajax wrote:I like Denver as well, but we shouldn't get too googly over everything he says. And I'm not even voting for Mitt.

+10 on what you said, esp Harry Reid. If I had the power, I would excomm him this second. I am embarrassed daily by his association with my religious sensibilities..... Mitt in many ways is a great guy - you cannot ignore the countenances of his wife and kids. I would love to have the unity of that family unit for my own (at least that is how they come across in the media). I agree, he does not represent well the constitutional ideals represented by most here on the forum.

I feel bad that he may not make it through the four years of his presidency. That will be a hard thing for his wife and kids to pass through.
Wow. I don't like him, either, but that's pretty harsh.

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

I am sorry that Denver Snuffer feels the need to comment on Romney's righteousness.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

kathyn wrote:I am sorry that Denver Snuffer feels the need to comment on Romney's righteousness.
This just in from the desk of shadowtm-

Great point Mrs. N!

jbalm
The Third Comforter

Post by jbalm »

I don't see him commenting on Rmoney's righteousness. He just disagrees with him philosophically and doesn't like the image he projects. There's a difference.

I don't like Harry Reid and cringe at the thought of people assuming all momons are like him, but I can't and won't comment on his righteousness. I'm pretty sure that is what DS was saying.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

JulesGP wrote:
BrentL wrote:
kathyn wrote:I am sorry that Denver Snuffer feels the need to comment on Romney's righteousness.

I am sorry that kathyn feels the need to comment on Denvers righteousness
I am sorry that we are not all following the spirit as it directs us individually.
I am sorry that we all don't have a desk to write from.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

I'm sorry that some people mistake the pointing out of a candidates unprincipled stances as a judgment of that persons righteousness.

John Michael Kane
captain of 100

Post by John Michael Kane »

Oh, by the saints, 'tis a sorry lot....aye laddies

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

Anyone who has done their homework on the character, integrity and political actions/words of Mitt Romney doesn't need Denver Snuffer pointing out Mitt's shortcomings and glaring flaws as a politician to realize he is not someone we ought to be supporting for president of the United States.
Last edited by Col. Flagg on September 21st, 2012, 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fairminded
captain of 1,000

Post by Fairminded »

I remember as a kid, hearing about all the injustices and evils in our nation. Then I'd go to Church and hear about how it should be and how it could be. More than once I wished that a Mormon could be elected president, since he would know a better way to do things and provide a good example to the world.

I guess the old saying is true: Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

Fairminded wrote:I remember as a kid, hearing about all the injustices and evils in our nation. Then I'd go to Church and hear about how it should be and how it could be. More than once I wished that a Mormon could be elected president, since he would know a better way to do things and provide a good example to the world.

I guess the old saying is true: Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.
:ymapplause:

ATL Wake
captain of 100

Post by ATL Wake »

Sometimes when I read things I miss them, but I didn't see any comment to Romney's personal righteousness.

I did see him criticize how Romney has politically advocated ideas without conviction or articulated true principles.

His critique was completely political. Not personal, and certainly not touching on Romney's righteousness.

laronius
captain of 100

Post by laronius »

What we need to remember is that most people in this country don't see things the way we do (on this forum). They don't understand the Constitution. And they don't know of the dire circumstances we find oursleves in. But when they look at Romney, regardless of what they think about his politics, they see a Mormon that does not have horns, does not have 10 wives, has a really nice family, and just seems like a normal guy (wealthy but normal). Win or lose, I see his being Mormon as a big plus for the church. Besides, most people do not connect someone's politics with their religion. We do. But we aren't the ones who need to have the missionaries knock on our door.

eric
captain of 100

Post by eric »

laronius wrote:What we need to remember is that most people in this country don't see things the way we do (on this forum). They don't understand the Constitution. And they don't know of the dire circumstances we find oursleves in. But when they look at Romney, regardless of what they think about his politics, they see a Mormon that does not have horns, does not have 10 wives, has a really nice family, and just seems like a normal guy (wealthy but normal). Win or lose, I see his being Mormon as a big plus for the church. Besides, most people do not connect someone's politics with their religion. We do. But we aren't the ones who need to have the missionaries knock on our door.
Agreed Laronius. Denver was talking about how Romney weakly represents many gospel principles - and I happen to remember one time when asked about plural marriage back in 2008 (it would take a while to find the video), he basically filleted his Romney ancestors and implied that they were freaks. I am certain Marion G. and others would not appreciate his lack of backbone on that one. Those folks were some of the strongest Saints found in the Intermountain area.....

I remember thinking after that sellout statement by Romney, I could not vote for him. Now, as Denver points out, I may be forced to..... The alternative is BEYOND FRIGHTENING!!!!! =; If he happens to be clearly up in the exit polls on the East coast and they are calling it in his favor, I most likely will vote for the guy/gal behind door #3 in order to be sure they know that all ain't well in political zion....