LDS Prophet Says Don't Vote For Mitt Romney

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.
samizdat
captain of 1,000

Re: LDS Prophet Says Don't Vote For Mitt Romney

Post by samizdat »

While living in the USA for most of my life, I was kind of duped into believing what many people today believe concerning government.

Having lived in Mexico for the past two years, I have seen from outside that the system really stinks, and that Romney is playing into the same system that got Obama elected 4 years ago.

These are indeed scary times in the USA. I am saddened to see what it has become.

LDSguy
captain of 100

Post by LDSguy »

Do tell more samizdat... how do you view the US political scene from abroad?

samizdat
captain of 1,000

Post by samizdat »

Here in Mexico the media reports are very slanted in favor of Obama given that Obama supports immigration rights. They don't like Romney for calling the Arizona law a model that should be implemented nationwide.

But looking at other media, and observing the process over there compared to over here, it is obvious that the leaders of the United States have disavowed the Constitution for a vast amount of time before now.

A popular channel, Infinito, recently ran the movie "LOOSE CHANGE" that woke me up to the realities of 9/11. They ran it again on the 10th anniversary of 11-S

What I see from here is that the difference of the government of Mexico and the government of the USA, is that at least Mexico admits its corruption, and that the media in Mexico (traditional and internet) report on the corruption on a daily basis. The media and educational institutions in the USA in their majority would have people believe that the government is completely honest and that America is liked and respected in the world (two BIG LIES that many people have fallen for, NOT because America sucks, but because the government turned its back on its founding principles LONG AGO).

LDSguy
captain of 100

Post by LDSguy »

Excellent post samizdat. I appreciate your wisdom from abroad. Always nice to look at things from outside your own bubble. :D

britjas
captain of 100

Post by britjas »

Will taking away some parts of Obamacare, as stated by Romney, get us out of the situation that we're currently in? No. Will it grow or shrink the size of government? It will grow it, which we don't need right now.

Ezra Taft Benson said it right. Instead of voting for the lesser of two evils, vote for the candidate that most closely follows the Constitution in the tradition of the Founding Fathers. The result? Our nation will be blessed more because more people were willing to stand up for what is right, even if Obama is elected to a second term.
Last edited by britjas on October 12th, 2012, 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Romney is clearly sacrificing principles for votes.

LDSguy
captain of 100

Post by LDSguy »

lundbaek wrote:Romney is clearly sacrificing principles for votes.
:YMAPPLAUSE:

britjas
captain of 100

Post by britjas »

Elders. Not Elder. Andrew, can you name for me one Elder currently in Washington who is upholding the Constitution? Huntsman? No. Hatch? No. Bennett? No. Romney? No? Flake? Not entirely.

They've all largely failed, possibly because they aspired to the honors of men instead of God.

The Elders that are awake and ready to act to the reality of our awful situation are the only Elders that will save the Constitution, not career politicians.

LDSguy
captain of 100

Post by LDSguy »

britjas wrote:Elders. Not Elder. Andrew, can you name for me one Elder currently in Washington who is upholding the Constitution? Huntsman? No. Hatch? No. Bennett? No. Romney? No? Flake? Not entirely.

They've all largely failed, possibly because they aspired to the honors of men instead of God.

The Elders that are awake and ready to act to the reality of our awful situation are the only Elders that will save the Constitution, not career politicians.
beautiful bud. :ymapplause:

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I should not have to list again all of Mitt Romney's unconstitutional stances on issues vital to the freedoms of Americans. Suffice it to say that there have been so many that I loose track of them. It should be inceasingly obvious by now among LDS voters that Mitt Romney doesn't understand the US Constitution, doesn't understand his responsibility to it, and/or doesn't have the integrity to be guided by it. But I've discovered that can be said of most LDS voters in the United States.

Despite all of his unconstitutional stances, he is dubbed as the last great hope to save America and "we the people" are considered unAmerican if we do not vote for him. Those who won't cave to the Romney vote are labeled as the bad guys. More than once a prophet or an apostle has admonished us to vote in support of gospel and constitutional principles and let the Lord worry about the results.

I'm not excited about having to vote for a candidate who will likely not win or even place or show (in horserace terminology), but fortunately I am not limited to choosing between a Lamanite gadianton and a Nephite gadianton.

Andrew52
captain of 100

Post by Andrew52 »

"No authorities of my church, or of any other church for that matter, will ever exert influence on presidential decisions. Their authority is theirs, within the province of church affairs, and it ends where the affairs of the nation begin,"

Mitt Romney

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Andrew52 wrote:"No authorities of my church, or of any other church for that matter, will ever exert influence on presidential decisions. Their authority is theirs, within the province of church affairs, and it ends where the affairs of the nation begin,"

Mitt Romney

That's unfortunate! Looks like Mitt Romney won't hear what the prophet has to say about the constitution. Bummer.

P.S. Yes, we know this statement of his is accurate because he didn't listen to the church during his years in support of abortion. He was like "Go fly a kite, Gordon!"

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

"Let every loyal member of the Church look down with scorn upon any man or woman who would undermine that Constitution." (President David O. McKay, Church News, May 29, 1954)

LDSguy
captain of 100

Post by LDSguy »

InfoWarrior82 wrote:"[Mitt] was like "Go fly a kite, Gordon!"
Bahahahahahahahahaha too funny! =))

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I fully agree with the earlier statment that "the principles taught by the prophets as presented in that first post would lead to an informed/principled decision not to vote for Mitt Romney (or Obama)." It appears that many LDS voters are willing to overlook "the principles taught by the prophets" for reasons I cannot yet fathom.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

I've seen/heard statement along these lines repeated several times recently:

"I admire how stalwart you want to be in sticking to your principles, there is nothing wrong with that, but in the voting booth is the wrong place to do it."

Say what!? I can't believe how many people are so ignorant to what should really be simple truths about how we should treat each other. The great commandment to "love your neighbor as yourself" applies very much so in the voting booth, yet it is there that so many people violate that commandment via the representatives they vote for.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

More than once a prophet or an apostle has admonished us to vote in support of gospel and constitutional principles and let the Lord worry about the results.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

lundbaek wrote:More than once a prophet or an apostle has admonished us to vote in support of gospel and constitutional principles and let the Lord worry about the results.
Some folks just can't put a handle on this concept. It is so simple, even a caveman can do it.

Andrew52
captain of 100

Post by Andrew52 »

freedomfighter wrote:
lundbaek wrote:More than once a prophet or an apostle has admonished us to vote in support of gospel and constitutional principles and let the Lord worry about the results.
Some folks just can't put a handle on this concept. It is so simple, even a caveman can do it.

Whats that supposed to mean?

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Andrew52 wrote:
freedomfighter wrote:

Whats that supposed to mean?

Andrew, you made my day. =)) :))

heartsongs
captain of 100

Post by heartsongs »

I don't understand how anyone can think that Mr. Romney supports the U.S. Constitution. If you have listened to him in the GOP debates, researched his voting record and watched his actions, how could anybody think he is in support of individual liberty. Mr. Romney said in this GOP Debate in January 2012 that he would support the NDAA act. He acknowledged it could be abused and he basically said "trust me, I won't abuse it, and I don't think our President will either." Trust you....Not in this life time bud. He stated that no one has the right to join a group that "challenges" the government/country. (Gee....they've given quite a clear definition for the world challenge now haven't they? I guess "challenge" means what ever they want it to mean huh.) He says that he won't abuse the NDAA. Yeah right, and my mother is a bunny rabbit. Watch this You Tube Video and hear him with your own ears and watch with your own eyes. Learn for yourself!! (BTW, how do you put the video on here anyway???)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivE5gJdsJrw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Andrew52
captain of 100

Post by Andrew52 »

Ditto! :ymparty: =)) :))

heartsongs
captain of 100

Post by heartsongs »

And then there is the issue of that little thing in the U.S. Constitution called, I have to go to the Congress for authorization and a declaration of war. But, Mr. Romney is going to go to the lawyers, and them let them sort it all out?????? What????? See, if Mr. Romney was learned in the U.S. Constitution he would have said, "you must have a declaration of war from congress before you can go to war, unless, there has been a direct attack on American soil. But.....that isn't what he said. Doesn't sound much to me like he's upholding the U.S. Constitution. I guess it would help if he had read it first though. Watch this You Tube video and hear his words your own self. They're as clear as mud and required Ron Paul schooling him on understanding what is constitutional and what is not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3BbIPbLSRw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Benjamin Harrison
captain of 100

Post by Benjamin Harrison »

I am late to the party here but I agree with the 1st post. The Constitution will not be saved in D.C. The definition of insanity is to repeat over and over again the same thing expecting a different result. Why can't we, who supposedly have the truth, not figure that out yet? The lesser of two evils is still evil! Not trying to insinuate that Romney is evil in any way but...........by their fruits we shall know them won't we? He is too ambitious for his own good. Just because he holds the Priesthood does not in anyway mean he isn't corruptable. We all are suseptible to being corrupted. Washington is full of those examples as is the church. Put your trust in God and not the arm of the flesh. The Left-Right Paradigm is the problem. The fact that the majority of the church has bought into that makes me sick. We need to wake up brothers and sisters. Moroni gave us the key at the end of the Book of Mormon that by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things. Have we truley asked of God who we should be supporting? I know what was revealed to me. It aint Mitt Romney or the current President. It wasn't GW Bush, Clinton or GHW Bush. Our country, if you listen to our Prophets and truley search the scriptures has been hijacked, and has been even before I was born! 1913 ring any bells? Even before that time at the founding of our country satan has always tried to set up the opposite to the Kingdom of God. 1775 the iluminati was founded at the same time our forefathers were struggling to establish a free land. Don't take my word for it though, do your own research. The gadianton have taken over the judgement seats and have for quite a while now. That is where we come in today, why we were put here! We cannot, however, be instuments in the hands of God if we do not know the truth. God willing we might all figure it out and I hope real soon!

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

Interesting that LDS people rush to apply quotes hinting at prophetic fulfillment to Romney because he is a priesthood holder but ignore Harry Reid who is also a priesthood holder...

So...is being a priesthood holder more important that possessing correct principles?