LDS Prophet Says Don't Vote For Mitt Romney

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.
Post Reply
User avatar
Jason
Master of Puppets
Posts: 18086

Re: LDS Prophet Says Don't Vote For Mitt Romney

Post by Jason »

5tev3 wrote:Interesting that LDS people rush to apply quotes hinting at prophetic fulfillment to Romney because he is a priesthood holder but ignore Harry Reid who is also a priesthood holder...

So...is being a priesthood holder more important that possessing correct principles?
Name one real candidate who completely possesses correct principles (from a list posted in another thread)?

Ron Paul says one thing and does another (lets slash government spending while I stuff my constituents full of pork - however he manages that whilst being "against" everyone else - i.e. the "NO" man). Most importantly his major recommendations for future change essentially complete the transition of control to the money changers. Not to mention moral stance and position on substance abuse....

Obama....well not much needs to be said there (a person who's childhood and young adult mentor is the author of Sex Rebel: Black - Frank Marshall Davis).

Gary Johnson is the weed head. Same sex marriage. etc etc etc.....

Virgil Goode can't make up his mind what party he belongs to as well as what stance he really wants to take (DHS - 9/11 acts). He's extensively supported the tobacco industry much like Gary Johnson is trying to support the marijuana industry. He's had his share of questionable political history (bribes and illegal donations).

That leaves multiple choice Mitt! He's been taught correctly....but yeah its just hope. At least he could be an advocate for correct principles (moral especially) if the people were receptive - i.e. had a little stimulus (force)....and he was indeed put in this position to be a spokesman for that appropriate time????

Writing in Mrs. Stover (sweet video and message), your Bishop, or anyone else sounds nice (principle) but at the end of the day (practicality) its not much of a vote (as in no vote) because they aren't a real candidate. The counsel is...
The Church is neutral in political contests and does not support candidates or parties. We do expect, however, that our members will be fully engaged in supporting the candidates and parties of their choice based on principles that will protect good government. Our doctrine is clear: those who are “honest … and wise … should be sought for diligently” (D&C 98:10). “When the wicked rule the people mourn” (D&C 98:9). This means that everyone should feel obligated to vote.

In those states in the United States that have caucuses, you should make yourself familiar with the issues and the candidates and fully participate.

We hope that you will check out the caucus time for the party of your choice and then feel an obligation to attend. We would hope this would be true of all citizens, members and nonmembers alike, in all states and all countries where elections will be held. The price of freedom has been too high, and the consequences of nonparticipation are too great for any citizens to feel they can ignore their responsibility.

Please know that we have great confidence in you. The leadership of the Church honestly believes that you can build the kingdom like no previous generation.

http://www.lds.org/broadcasts/article/c ... =candidate" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We have to work together (masses) in choosing the best candidate. With a mostly wicked society that unfortunately means a lot of compromise. Certainly a prayerful decision....and to each their own on it.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞
Posts: 16479
Location: WEST OF THE NEW JERUSALEM

Re: LDS Prophet Says Don't Vote For Mitt Romney

Post by freedomforall »

5tev3 wrote:Interesting that LDS people rush to apply quotes hinting at prophetic fulfillment to Romney because he is a priesthood holder but ignore Harry Reid who is also a priesthood holder...

So...is being a priesthood holder more important that possessing correct principles?
Only if the two flow together.

User avatar
oneClimbs
captain of 1,000
Posts: 3053
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: LDS Prophet Says Don't Vote For Mitt Romney

Post by oneClimbs »

The republican and democrat parties are steered by the Council on Foreign relations which is steered by latter day secret combinations. Romney is associated with them. You will see no change in direction in this country by wasting your vote on the same parties that have trashed our rights and laws. I will never cast a vote for the Nazi party, the socialist party, the republican party or the democrat party or any other private club that is beholden to secret combinations.

Andrew52
captain of 100
Posts: 907

Re: LDS Prophet Says Don't Vote For Mitt Romney

Post by Andrew52 »

5tev3 wrote:The republican and democrat parties are steered by the Council on Foreign relations which is steered by latter day secret combinations. Romney is associated with them. You will see no change in direction in this country by wasting your vote on the same parties that have trashed our rights and laws. I will never cast a vote for the Nazi party, the socialist party, the republican party or the democrat party or any other private club that is beholden to secret combinations.
You are wrong! Romney has made some mistakes, so has Ron Paul, but he is not a communist.

User avatar
shadow
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 10542
Location: St. George

Re: LDS Prophet Says Don't Vote For Mitt Romney

Post by shadow »

BrianM wrote:This thread has been up for over a week and only has 3 replies... I wonder what would happen if I add "Mitt Romney" to the title?
You could also add Ron Paul to the title. Of course he isn't running anymore but go ahead and donate to the cause! I think he's still accepting retirement donations B-)

User avatar
oneClimbs
captain of 1,000
Posts: 3053
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: LDS Prophet Says Don't Vote For Mitt Romney

Post by oneClimbs »

Andrew52 wrote:
5tev3 wrote:The republican and democrat parties are steered by the Council on Foreign relations which is steered by latter day secret combinations. Romney is associated with them. You will see no change in direction in this country by wasting your vote on the same parties that have trashed our rights and laws. I will never cast a vote for the Nazi party, the socialist party, the republican party or the democrat party or any other private club that is beholden to secret combinations.
You are wrong! Romney has made some mistakes, so has Ron Paul, but he is not a communist.
You're going to have to take that up with Ezra Taft Benson. Have you read None Dare Call it Conspiracy? Short read, great book, recommended by a prophet who knew what was going on.

User avatar
oneClimbs
captain of 1,000
Posts: 3053
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: LDS Prophet Says Don't Vote For Mitt Romney

Post by oneClimbs »

Hope and change was sold to the American people under the Democrat party and they bought it. Now the same thing is being sold to us under the Republican party and the American people are buying it again.

Now the Latter-day secret combinations simply put a Mormon mask on. Sorry, I'm not buying mITt.

User avatar
blondenblueeyed
captain of 100
Posts: 286
Location: Mountain valley of central Utah
Contact:

Re: LDS Prophet Says Don't Vote For Mitt Romney

Post by blondenblueeyed »

BrianM wrote:and here's why...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dmeoz0g29E
J. Reuben Clark, Jr. wrote:Now, I am not caring today, for myself, anything at all about a political party tag. So far as I am concerned, I want to know what the man stands for ...When I find out these things, when I know who it is who should receive my support, and I care not what his party tag is...Today, our duty transcendsparty allegiance; our duty today is allegiance to the Constitution as it was given to us by the Lord. (J. Reuben Clark, Jr., CR 10/62:8)
George Washington wrote:They serve to organize factions...to put in the place of the delegated will of the nation the will of the party, often a small but artful and enterprising minority...Let me... warn you in the most solemn manner against the baneful effects of the spirity of party...The alternate domination of one faction over another, shapened by the spirit of revenge...has perperated the most horrid enormities...It [the contention between the parties] serves always to distract the public councils and enfeeble the public administration. (Washington's Farewell Address)
Ezra Taft Benson wrote:"We honor these partners [friends outside the Church] because their devotion to correct principles overshadowed their devotion to popularity, party , or personalities.

"We honor our founding fathers of this republic for the same reason. God raised up these patriotic partners to perform their mission, and he called them "wise men." (see D&C 101:80.) The First Presidency acknowledged that wisdom when they gave us the guideline a few years ago of supporting political candidates "who are truly dedicated to the Constitution in the tradition of our Founding Fathers." (Deseret News, November 2, 1964.) . . .

"Our wise founders seemed to understand, better than most of us, our own scripture, which states that "it is the nature and disposition of almost all men, as soon as they get a little authority . . . they will immediately begin to exercise unrighteous dominion." (D&C 121:39.)

"To help prevent this, the founders knew that our elected leaders should be bound by certain fixed principles. Said Thomas Jefferson: "In questions of power, then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."

"These wise founders, our patriotic partners, seemed to appreciate more than most of us the blessings of the boundaries that the Lord set within the Constitution, for he said, "And as pertaining to law of man, whatsoever is more or less than this, cometh of evil." (D&C 98:7.)

"In God the founders trusted, and in his Constitution—not in the arm of flesh. "O Lord," said Nephi, "I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh; . . . cursed is he that putteth his trust in man or maketh flesh his arm."" (2 Nephi 4:34.) ("Civic Standards for the Faithful Saints" 59-60)
Ezra Taft Benson wrote:...each priesthood holder should use his influence in the community to resist the erosion process which is taking place in our political and economic life. He should use the political party of his choice to express his evaluation of important issues. He should see that his party is working to preserve freedom, not destroy it. He should join responsible local groups interested in promoting freedom and free competitive enterprise, in studying political issues, appraising the voting records and proposed programs, and writing to members of Congress, promoting good men in public office, and scrutinizing local, state, and federal agencies to see that the will of the people is being carried out. He should not wait for the Lord's servants to give instruction for every detail once they have announced the direction in which the priesthood should go. Each member should exercise prayerful judgment and then act. [Ezra Taft Benson - God, Family, Country]
Ezra Taft Benson wrote:We must be devoted to sound principles in word and deed: principle above party, principle above pocketbook, principle above popularity. [Ezra Taft Benson - God, Family, Country]
Hyrum Smith wrote:"We engage in the election the same as in any other principle; you are to vote for good men, and if you do not do this it is a sin; to vote for wicked men, it would be sin . Choose the good and refuse the evil. Men of false principles have preyed upon us like wolves upon helpless lambs.…. Let every man use his liberties according to the Constitution. Don't fear man or devil; electioneer with all people, male and female, and exhort them to do the thing that is right. We want a President of the United States, not a party President, but a President of the whole people…and…. Have a President who will maintain every man in his rights ." (Hyrum Smith, 1844, DHC-6:323)
Henry D. Moyle wrote:"No political party is justified to continue in existence unless it clearly states the principles which it advocates, the platform upon which its candidates stand, and then with integrity, when and if elected, carry out those principles and live up to that platform. Except that be the case, we as Latter-day Saints should not align ourselves to any party, because we do not have the basis upon which we can make an intelligent decision. We must know what they stand for before we can favor them with our vote." (Henry D. Moyle, CR-4/52:36)
Joseph Smith wrote:In the next canvas we shall be influenced by no party consideration...the partisans in this county who expect to divide the friends of humanity and equal rights will find themselves mistakes -- we care not a fig for Whig or Democrat; they are both alike to us; but we shall go for our friends, our tried friends, and that cause of human liberty which is the cause of God. We are aware that 'divide and conquer' is the watchword with many, but with us it cannot be done -- we love too well -- we have suffered too much to be easily duped -- we have no cat's paws amongst us. [Times & Seasons - 3:651]
What say ye??? Well Brian, I sincerely hope you have obtained your perfection...I doubt it however you speak as if you already have. It appears to me you may have some of the issues of 'PERFECTION' like so MANY LDS folks in Happy Valley. YES, I am one of those fortunate few who was born LDS however raised in the mission field. I was one of only 3 LDS in my high school class of several hundred. I was used to being a minority. What I have witnessed here since moving back to Utah is nothing short of a farce and phoney arrogance of being an active LDS and being at or nearly PERFECTION...oh yes, I've seen the cliques and the groupies that all hang together because they believe they are some how MORE righteous than others because they are 'active'. Yet with all their activity they leave their integrity, humanity, pride, and service at the chapel door.
I know this is a kind of round about way of making my point however I perceive you may fall somewhere in this category. Mitt Romney isn't perfect but he is perfect for the job right now and he is sorely needed in this country. I KNOW the family personally. I can testify Mitt Romney has more integrity in his little finger than most of the UTAH mormons I have met. Mitt is about SERVICE and he doesn't want anyone to know about his service. He is humble, smart, a problem solver, HOLY PRIESTHOOD holder, NOT perfect but he is the most qualified for this job as POTUS.
I know this website is RON PAUL campaign headquarters however RP is NOT going to be our next POTUS. I think it is reprehensible that you would be so arrogant as to e-mail those who subscribe to this, YOUR website and suggest Mitt Romney is a liar and the LDS Prophets have specifically said "Don't Vote For Mitt Romney." May I bring something to your attention? ALL these prophets are dead; most of them before you were born. I doubt any knew Mitt Romney personally. Perhaps in the pre-existence but certainly not on this earth at this time. :|

Now just incase you want to boot me off this 'FREEDOM FORUM'...because you're MAD I don't agree with your views and endorsement of Ron Paul, may I suggest you RE-name this forum Ron Paul Campaign Headquarters for the Sour Grapes Group. It is certainly not the "FREEDOM FORUM!" No tomatoes please! :-w

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞
Posts: 16479
Location: WEST OF THE NEW JERUSALEM

Re: LDS Prophet Says Don't Vote For Mitt Romney

Post by freedomforall »

5tev3 wrote:Hope and change was sold to the American people under the Democrat party and they bought it. Now the same thing is being sold to us under the Republican party and the American people are buying it again.

Now the Latter-day secret combinations simply put a Mormon mask on. Sorry, I'm not buying mITt.
As a long shot, if Romney becomes POTUS, he could be flooded with emails and letters from awakened Americans telling him to learn the Constitution and to run the country as the Founders intended. I mean, it is possible for him to repent isn't it? Like I said it is a long shot, but hey!

Obama surely wouldn't do it. There's a difference between a man bent on turning this country into a socialist nation...and one that is ignorant of his responsibilities. At least Romney has a gospel background and maybe, just maybe he would have a paradigm shift.

Just some thoughts.

User avatar
oneClimbs
captain of 1,000
Posts: 3053
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: LDS Prophet Says Don't Vote For Mitt Romney

Post by oneClimbs »

freedomfighter wrote:
5tev3 wrote:Hope and change was sold to the American people under the Democrat party and they bought it. Now the same thing is being sold to us under the Republican party and the American people are buying it again.

Now the Latter-day secret combinations simply put a Mormon mask on. Sorry, I'm not buying mITt.
As a long shot, if Romney becomes POTUS, he could be flooded with emails and letters from awakened Americans telling him to learn the Constitution and to run the country as the Founders intended. I mean, it is possible for him to repent isn't it? Like I said it is a long shot, but hey!

Obama surely wouldn't do it. There's a difference between a man bent on turning this country into a socialist nation...and one that is ignorant of his responsibilities. At least Romney has a gospel background and maybe, just maybe he would have a paradigm shift.

Just some thoughts.
I've heard that theory and I don't think it is impossible, but considering his past record, I'm not going to bet on a "hope" that he will change. I feel that it is just as likely that Obama or anyone else in the vast hordes behind the scenes could repent. Look at King Lamoni and his father. If Mitt Romney was running on the KKK party ticket I wouldn't vote for him and the KKK has done far less damage to this world than the Republican and Democrat parties.
Last edited by oneClimbs on October 29th, 2012, 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 10918
Location: Mesa, Arizona

Re: LDS Prophet Says Don't Vote For Mitt Romney

Post by lundbaek »

I and other Latter-day Saints have already been sending Mitt Romney numerous letters and suggestions to his "suggestion box" at http://www.mittromney.com/forms/suggestions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; advising him to learn the Constitution and to demonstrate intent to run the country as the Founders intended.

His suggestion box is at http://www.mittromney.com/forms/suggestions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Andrew52
captain of 100
Posts: 907

Re: LDS Prophet Says Don't Vote For Mitt Romney

Post by Andrew52 »

lundbaek wrote:I and other Latter-day Saints have already been sending Mitt Romney numerous letters and suggestions to his "suggestion box" at http://www.mittromney.com/forms/suggestions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; advising him to learn the Constitution and to demonstrate intent to run the country as the Founders intended.

His suggestion box is at http://www.mittromney.com/forms/suggestions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Excellent suggestion!

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞
Posts: 16479
Location: WEST OF THE NEW JERUSALEM

Re: LDS Prophet Says Don't Vote For Mitt Romney

Post by freedomforall »

lundbaek wrote:I and other Latter-day Saints have already been sending Mitt Romney numerous letters and suggestions to his "suggestion box" at http://www.mittromney.com/forms/suggestions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; advising him to learn the Constitution and to demonstrate intent to run the country as the Founders intended.

His suggestion box is at http://www.mittromney.com/forms/suggestions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks, Lundbaek. I was hoping you would post this link. I believe at this point Romney would have to listen to his fellow LDS peers. It's going to take many, many suggestions, but if he has any sense he'll act on it. BTW, he did mention the Constitution in the first debate which tells me someone got through to him.

Andrew52
captain of 100
Posts: 907

Re: LDS Prophet Says Don't Vote For Mitt Romney

Post by Andrew52 »

blondenblueeyed wrote:
BrianM wrote:and here's why...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dmeoz0g29E
J. Reuben Clark, Jr. wrote:Now, I am not caring today, for myself, anything at all about a political party tag. So far as I am concerned, I want to know what the man stands for ...When I find out these things, when I know who it is who should receive my support, and I care not what his party tag is...Today, our duty transcendsparty allegiance; our duty today is allegiance to the Constitution as it was given to us by the Lord. (J. Reuben Clark, Jr., CR 10/62:8)
George Washington wrote:They serve to organize factions...to put in the place of the delegated will of the nation the will of the party, often a small but artful and enterprising minority...Let me... warn you in the most solemn manner against the baneful effects of the spirity of party...The alternate domination of one faction over another, shapened by the spirit of revenge...has perperated the most horrid enormities...It [the contention between the parties] serves always to distract the public councils and enfeeble the public administration. (Washington's Farewell Address)
Ezra Taft Benson wrote:"We honor these partners [friends outside the Church] because their devotion to correct principles overshadowed their devotion to popularity, party , or personalities.

"We honor our founding fathers of this republic for the same reason. God raised up these patriotic partners to perform their mission, and he called them "wise men." (see D&C 101:80.) The First Presidency acknowledged that wisdom when they gave us the guideline a few years ago of supporting political candidates "who are truly dedicated to the Constitution in the tradition of our Founding Fathers." (Deseret News, November 2, 1964.) . . .

"Our wise founders seemed to understand, better than most of us, our own scripture, which states that "it is the nature and disposition of almost all men, as soon as they get a little authority . . . they will immediately begin to exercise unrighteous dominion." (D&C 121:39.)

"To help prevent this, the founders knew that our elected leaders should be bound by certain fixed principles. Said Thomas Jefferson: "In questions of power, then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."

"These wise founders, our patriotic partners, seemed to appreciate more than most of us the blessings of the boundaries that the Lord set within the Constitution, for he said, "And as pertaining to law of man, whatsoever is more or less than this, cometh of evil." (D&C 98:7.)

"In God the founders trusted, and in his Constitution—not in the arm of flesh. "O Lord," said Nephi, "I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh; . . . cursed is he that putteth his trust in man or maketh flesh his arm."" (2 Nephi 4:34.) ("Civic Standards for the Faithful Saints" 59-60)
Ezra Taft Benson wrote:...each priesthood holder should use his influence in the community to resist the erosion process which is taking place in our political and economic life. He should use the political party of his choice to express his evaluation of important issues. He should see that his party is working to preserve freedom, not destroy it. He should join responsible local groups interested in promoting freedom and free competitive enterprise, in studying political issues, appraising the voting records and proposed programs, and writing to members of Congress, promoting good men in public office, and scrutinizing local, state, and federal agencies to see that the will of the people is being carried out. He should not wait for the Lord's servants to give instruction for every detail once they have announced the direction in which the priesthood should go. Each member should exercise prayerful judgment and then act. [Ezra Taft Benson - God, Family, Country]
Ezra Taft Benson wrote:We must be devoted to sound principles in word and deed: principle above party, principle above pocketbook, principle above popularity. [Ezra Taft Benson - God, Family, Country]
Hyrum Smith wrote:"We engage in the election the same as in any other principle; you are to vote for good men, and if you do not do this it is a sin; to vote for wicked men, it would be sin . Choose the good and refuse the evil. Men of false principles have preyed upon us like wolves upon helpless lambs.…. Let every man use his liberties according to the Constitution. Don't fear man or devil; electioneer with all people, male and female, and exhort them to do the thing that is right. We want a President of the United States, not a party President, but a President of the whole people…and…. Have a President who will maintain every man in his rights ." (Hyrum Smith, 1844, DHC-6:323)
Henry D. Moyle wrote:"No political party is justified to continue in existence unless it clearly states the principles which it advocates, the platform upon which its candidates stand, and then with integrity, when and if elected, carry out those principles and live up to that platform. Except that be the case, we as Latter-day Saints should not align ourselves to any party, because we do not have the basis upon which we can make an intelligent decision. We must know what they stand for before we can favor them with our vote." (Henry D. Moyle, CR-4/52:36)
Joseph Smith wrote:In the next canvas we shall be influenced by no party consideration...the partisans in this county who expect to divide the friends of humanity and equal rights will find themselves mistakes -- we care not a fig for Whig or Democrat; they are both alike to us; but we shall go for our friends, our tried friends, and that cause of human liberty which is the cause of God. We are aware that 'divide and conquer' is the watchword with many, but with us it cannot be done -- we love too well -- we have suffered too much to be easily duped -- we have no cat's paws amongst us. [Times & Seasons - 3:651]
What say ye??? Well Brian, I sincerely hope you have obtained your perfection...I doubt it however you speak as if you already have. It appears to me you may have some of the issues of 'PERFECTION' like so MANY LDS folks in Happy Valley. YES, I am one of those fortunate few who was born LDS however raised in the mission field. I was one of only 3 LDS in my high school class of several hundred. I was used to being a minority. What I have witnessed here since moving back to Utah is nothing short of a farce and phoney arrogance of being an active LDS and being at or nearly PERFECTION...oh yes, I've seen the cliques and the groupies that all hang together because they believe they are some how MORE righteous than others because they are 'active'. Yet with all their activity they leave their integrity, humanity, pride, and service at the chapel door.
I know this is a kind of round about way of making my point however I perceive you may fall somewhere in this category. Mitt Romney isn't perfect but he is perfect for the job right now and he is sorely needed in this country. I KNOW the family personally. I can testify Mitt Romney has more integrity in his little finger than most of the UTAH mormons I have met. Mitt is about SERVICE and he doesn't want anyone to know about his service. He is humble, smart, a problem solver, HOLY PRIESTHOOD holder, NOT perfect but he is the most qualified for this job as POTUS.
I know this website is RON PAUL campaign headquarters however RP is NOT going to be our next POTUS. I think it is reprehensible that you would be so arrogant as to e-mail those who subscribe to this, YOUR website and suggest Mitt Romney is a liar and the LDS Prophets have specifically said "Don't Vote For Mitt Romney." May I bring something to your attention? ALL these prophets are dead; most of them before you were born. I doubt any knew Mitt Romney personally. Perhaps in the pre-existence but certainly not on this earth at this time. :|

Now just incase you want to boot me off this 'FREEDOM FORUM'...because you're MAD I don't agree with your views and endorsement of Ron Paul, may I suggest you RE-name this forum Ron Paul Campaign Headquarters for the Sour Grapes Group. It is certainly not the "FREEDOM FORUM!" No tomatoes please! :-w
Blondenbluedeyed for PRESIDENT! ;) You should be able to express your opinion. It says your home for discussing politics.

User avatar
jbalm
The Third Comforter
Posts: 5348

Re: LDS Prophet Says Don't Vote For Mitt Romney

Post by jbalm »

Blondenblueeyed completely missed the point. But, he/she certainly wrote a lot of words.

User avatar
Etosha
captain of 100
Posts: 466

Re: LDS Prophet Says Don't Vote For Mitt Romney

Post by Etosha »

Thank you Blondenblueeyed!

"What say ye??? Well Brian, I sincerely hope you have obtained your perfection...I doubt it however you speak as if you already have. It appears to me you may have some of the issues of 'PERFECTION' like so MANY LDS folks in Happy Valley. YES, I am one of those fortunate few who was born LDS however raised in the mission field. I was one of only 3 LDS in my high school class of several hundred. I was used to being a minority. What I have witnessed here since moving back to Utah is nothing short of a farce and phoney arrogance of being an active LDS and being at or nearly PERFECTION...oh yes, I've seen the cliques and the groupies that all hang together because they believe they are some how MORE righteous than others because they are 'active'. Yet with all their activity they leave their integrity, humanity, pride, and service at the chapel door.
I know this is a kind of round about way of making my point however I perceive you may fall somewhere in this category. Mitt Romney isn't perfect but he is perfect for the job right now and he is sorely needed in this country. I KNOW the family personally. I can testify Mitt Romney has more integrity in his little finger than most of the UTAH mormons I have met. Mitt is about SERVICE and he doesn't want anyone to know about his service. He is humble, smart, a problem solver, HOLY PRIESTHOOD holder, NOT perfect but he is the most qualified for this job as POTUS.
I know this website is RON PAUL campaign headquarters however RP is NOT going to be our next POTUS. I think it is reprehensible that you would be so arrogant as to e-mail those who subscribe to this, YOUR website and suggest Mitt Romney is a liar and the LDS Prophets have specifically said "Don't Vote For Mitt Romney." May I bring something to your attention? ALL these prophets are dead; most of them before you were born. I doubt any knew Mitt Romney personally. Perhaps in the pre-existence but certainly not on this earth at this time.

Now just incase you want to boot me off this 'FREEDOM FORUM'...because you're MAD I don't agree with your views and endorsement of Ron Paul, may I suggest you RE-name this forum Ron Paul Campaign Headquarters for the Sour Grapes Group. It is certainly not the "FREEDOM FORUM!" No tomatoes please! "

User avatar
blondenblueeyed
captain of 100
Posts: 286
Location: Mountain valley of central Utah
Contact:

Re: LDS Prophet Says Don't Vote For Mitt Romney

Post by blondenblueeyed »

Thank you Etosha. LOVE the tiger. One of my favorite animals and I expect one of the Lord's favorites too.

User avatar
blondenblueeyed
captain of 100
Posts: 286
Location: Mountain valley of central Utah
Contact:

Re: LDS Prophet Says Don't Vote For Mitt Romney

Post by blondenblueeyed »

jbalm wrote:Blondenblueeyed completely missed the point. But, he/she certainly wrote a lot of words.
I am a SHE...a grandmother and great grandmother. Didn't miss the point just had another one to make. (Is that answer short enough for you? :D )

User avatar
A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Posts: 6468
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Re: LDS Prophet Says Don't Vote For Mitt Romney

Post by A Random Phrase »

Etosha wrote:Now just incase you want to boot me off this 'FREEDOM FORUM'...because you're MAD I don't agree with your views and endorsement of Ron Paul, may I suggest you RE-name this forum Ron Paul Campaign Headquarters for the Sour Grapes Group. It is certainly not the "FREEDOM FORUM!" No tomatoes please! "
It takes an awful lot to make Brian mad, I think. I've never "seen" him angry, even when others on a thread are hopping mad. You won't be kicked off for disagreeing with him. It's name-calling/personal attacks that get people the boot, not disagreeing with them.

Fielding
captain of 100
Posts: 104

Re: LDS Prophet Says Don't Vote For Mitt Romney

Post by Fielding »

This thread has been so entertaining I feel like I owe a fee. You guys are professional badmouthers. :)

User avatar
creator
(of the Forum)
Posts: 7197
Location: The Matrix
Contact:

Re: LDS Prophet Says Don't Vote For Mitt Romney

Post by creator »

@blondenblueeyed,

Let's see here... so you responded to my quoting of J. Reuben Clark, George Washington, Ezra Taft Benson, Joseph Smith and others, and yet you came up with all of that about ME? That's very interesting. I didn't realize you could tell so much about a person by looking at who they are quoting.

A few responses to what you said... While my little finger is beyond perfect, the rest of me is not even close to it. :-B

It sure would be nice if the Ron Paul campaign sent some money my way, however, I haven't been campaigning for him this year so I'm not sure how I could sell that idea. Perhaps if you could find my alleged "endorsement of Ron Paul" then I could forward it on to his campaign with an invoice. :D

I'm not mad. No reason to be mad at you. I like you. How could I be mad at someone I like? :ymhug:

(By the way, I'm not voting for Mitt Romney today)

User avatar
creator
(of the Forum)
Posts: 7197
Location: The Matrix
Contact:

Re: LDS Prophet Says Don't Vote For Mitt Romney

Post by creator »

Fielding wrote:This thread has been so entertaining I feel like I owe a fee. You guys are professional badmouthers. :)
Let me know if you need an address to send that to? or a link: http://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/support/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
LDSguy
captain of 100
Posts: 625
Location: The Republic of Texas

Re: LDS Prophet Says Don't Vote For Mitt Romney

Post by LDSguy »

BrianM wrote:and here's why...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dmeoz0g29E
J. Reuben Clark, Jr. wrote:Now, I am not caring today, for myself, anything at all about a political party tag. So far as I am concerned, I want to know what the man stands for ...When I find out these things, when I know who it is who should receive my support, and I care not what his party tag is...Today, our duty transcendsparty allegiance; our duty today is allegiance to the Constitution as it was given to us by the Lord. (J. Reuben Clark, Jr., CR 10/62:8)
George Washington wrote:They serve to organize factions...to put in the place of the delegated will of the nation the will of the party, often a small but artful and enterprising minority...Let me... warn you in the most solemn manner against the baneful effects of the spirity of party...The alternate domination of one faction over another, shapened by the spirit of revenge...has perperated the most horrid enormities...It [the contention between the parties] serves always to distract the public councils and enfeeble the public administration. (Washington's Farewell Address)
man I the it when you and I and others like us who really see things clearly are right Brian ;)
Ezra Taft Benson wrote:"We honor these partners [friends outside the Church] because their devotion to correct principles overshadowed their devotion to popularity, party , or personalities.

"We honor our founding fathers of this republic for the same reason. God raised up these patriotic partners to perform their mission, and he called them "wise men." (see D&C 101:80.) The First Presidency acknowledged that wisdom when they gave us the guideline a few years ago of supporting political candidates "who are truly dedicated to the Constitution in the tradition of our Founding Fathers." (Deseret News, November 2, 1964.) . . .

"Our wise founders seemed to understand, better than most of us, our own scripture, which states that "it is the nature and disposition of almost all men, as soon as they get a little authority . . . they will immediately begin to exercise unrighteous dominion." (D&C 121:39.)

"To help prevent this, the founders knew that our elected leaders should be bound by certain fixed principles. Said Thomas Jefferson: "In questions of power, then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."

"These wise founders, our patriotic partners, seemed to appreciate more than most of us the blessings of the boundaries that the Lord set within the Constitution, for he said, "And as pertaining to law of man, whatsoever is more or less than this, cometh of evil." (D&C 98:7.)

"In God the founders trusted, and in his Constitution—not in the arm of flesh. "O Lord," said Nephi, "I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh; . . . cursed is he that putteth his trust in man or maketh flesh his arm."" (2 Nephi 4:34.) ("Civic Standards for the Faithful Saints" 59-60)
Ezra Taft Benson wrote:...each priesthood holder should use his influence in the community to resist the erosion process which is taking place in our political and economic life. He should use the political party of his choice to express his evaluation of important issues. He should see that his party is working to preserve freedom, not destroy it. He should join responsible local groups interested in promoting freedom and free competitive enterprise, in studying political issues, appraising the voting records and proposed programs, and writing to members of Congress, promoting good men in public office, and scrutinizing local, state, and federal agencies to see that the will of the people is being carried out. He should not wait for the Lord's servants to give instruction for every detail once they have announced the direction in which the priesthood should go. Each member should exercise prayerful judgment and then act. [Ezra Taft Benson - God, Family, Country]
Ezra Taft Benson wrote:We must be devoted to sound principles in word and deed: principle above party, principle above pocketbook, principle above popularity. [Ezra Taft Benson - God, Family, Country]
Hyrum Smith wrote:"We engage in the election the same as in any other principle; you are to vote for good men, and if you do not do this it is a sin; to vote for wicked men, it would be sin . Choose the good and refuse the evil. Men of false principles have preyed upon us like wolves upon helpless lambs.…. Let every man use his liberties according to the Constitution. Don't fear man or devil; electioneer with all people, male and female, and exhort them to do the thing that is right. We want a President of the United States, not a party President, but a President of the whole people…and…. Have a President who will maintain every man in his rights ." (Hyrum Smith, 1844, DHC-6:323)
Henry D. Moyle wrote:"No political party is justified to continue in existence unless it clearly states the principles which it advocates, the platform upon which its candidates stand, and then with integrity, when and if elected, carry out those principles and live up to that platform. Except that be the case, we as Latter-day Saints should not align ourselves to any party, because we do not have the basis upon which we can make an intelligent decision. We must know what they stand for before we can favor them with our vote." (Henry D. Moyle, CR-4/52:36)
Joseph Smith wrote:In the next canvas we shall be influenced by no party consideration...the partisans in this county who expect to divide the friends of humanity and equal rights will find themselves mistakes -- we care not a fig for Whig or Democrat; they are both alike to us; but we shall go for our friends, our tried friends, and that cause of human liberty which is the cause of God. We are aware that 'divide and conquer' is the watchword with many, but with us it cannot be done -- we love too well -- we have suffered too much to be easily duped -- we have no cat's paws amongst us. [Times & Seasons - 3:651]

jonholb55
captain of 100
Posts: 157
Location: South Jordan, Utah

Re: LDS Prophet Says Don't Vote For Mitt Romney

Post by jonholb55 »

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has a strict policy of political neutrality. A very familiar statement regarding LDS Church political neutrality is read over the pulpit before every U.S. election. In that same statement, the Saints are told that they are free to make their own decisions but to remember to vote for people with high moral standards, honesty and integrity. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints neither endorses or opposes any candidate. The Church reserves the right to speak out on moral issues that confront society. In my humble opinion that to make the blanket statement that President Thomas S. Monson is telling the LDS faithful not to vote for Mitt Romney is obsurd. A couple of years ago, Senate Majority Leader, Harry Reid was a forum speaker at BYU. This is further proof of political neutrality of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. However, again, this is my humble opinion, that the current positions of Democrat Party runs counter to the culture of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. I also find fault with the intelligensia of the Republican Party in the aftermath of the 2012 election. The Republican Party lacks a moral set of convictions or principles that would even justify their existence.

MsEva
captain of 100
Posts: 977

Re: LDS Prophet Says Don't Vote For Mitt Romney

Post by MsEva »

jonholb55 wrote:The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has a strict policy of political neutrality. A very familiar statement regarding LDS Church political neutrality is read over the pulpit before every U.S. election. In that same statement, the Saints are told that they are free to make their own decisions but to remember to vote for people with high moral standards, honesty and integrity. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints neither endorses or opposes any candidate. The Church reserves the right to speak out on moral issues that confront society. In my humble opinion that to make the blanket statement that President Thomas S. Monson is telling the LDS faithful not to vote for Mitt Romney is obsurd. A couple of years ago, Senate Majority Leader, Harry Reid was a forum speaker at BYU. This is further proof of political neutrality of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. However, again, this is my humble opinion, that the current positions of Democrat Party runs counter to the culture of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. I also find fault with the intelligensia of the Republican Party in the aftermath of the 2012 election. The Republican Party lacks a moral set of convictions or principles that would even justify their existence.

I agree.

Post Reply