The Fastest Way to Make Your Calling and Election Sure

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Seeker144k
captain of 100

Re: The Fastest Way to Make Your Calling and Election Sure

Post by Seeker144k »

endlessQuestions wrote: January 1st, 2023, 11:54 am
Seeker144k wrote: January 1st, 2023, 9:57 am I find it interesting that in 2012 Amonhi created this thread and provided all the information required to make your calling and election sure. Almost prophetically, this is exactly what people want and need today, 10 years later. True religion that can be experienced and verified personally, not trusting in men, leaders, church organizations, etc. Go to God directly.

This in my opinion is the most valuable thread on the entire forum for anyone who already has received the baptism of fire and the Holy Ghost.

~Seeker
I just got done having a conversation with a man who is near and dear to my heart.

We disagree profoundly on many points of doctrine, but in the end we agreed that our bedrock is the same:

"Hear Him, and obey His words".

I have found there are very few who acknowledge that there is a personal God who will reveal His will to mankind, have any issues with this statement.
I agree. The big step I encourage people to take is to actively seek him and his direction rather than waiting for it to come passively. I think that is one of the main points of this thread. Ask and you shall receive.

The brother of Jared and his people sat on the beach making no progress for 3 years because he didn't ask "What should I do next?" Eventually the Lord came to him and rebuked him for 3 hours for not asking what to do next. And they started to progress again. The take away is to continually ask the Lord, what do I need to do next or now? Or even ""I'm struggling with this, what can you tell me that might help?"

Talking WITH God (two way conversations), is what most people are missing.. Most people pray speaking words with their mouths using vain, repetitive wish like lists at clock work times. Some speak at God not expecting or wanting a response. Nothing but two way sincere prayer with real intent is helpful in our spiritual journey.

~Seeker

Seeker144k
captain of 100

Re: The Fastest Way to Make Your Calling and Election Sure

Post by Seeker144k »

Bump...