Baron, I really almost hate to ask this...

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Baron, I really almost hate to ask this...

Post by Original_Intent »

But are you the user formerly known as Jason/Mummy?

I hate to ask, since I was the one that "outed" your Mummy identity.

It does seem that there is a pattern of five-letter user names and I detect some similarities in writing styles...so I am just curious. If you are Jason, I know you will do the right thing and mea culpa...:)

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Baron, I really almost hate to ask this...

Post by Original_Intent »

Hmmm, almost 100 views and still no response....Can't imagine with that many views at least one of them wasn't by the person the thread was addressed to.....sp mum(my)'s the word??? :D

Thomas
captain of 1,000

Post by Thomas »

Are you saying Mummy was really Jason! I can't wait to tell my internet girlfriend. She just sent me her picture. She's a dead ringer for Angelina Jolie.

Juliette
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliette »

Thomas wrote:Are you saying Mummy was really Jason! I can't wait to tell my internet girlfriend. She just sent me her picture. She's a dead ringer for Angelina Jolie.
Yeah, and I look just like Jennifer Aniston!

Fairminded
captain of 1,000

Post by Fairminded »

Original_Intent wrote:But are you the user formerly known as Jason/Mummy?

It does seem that there is a pattern of five-letter user names and I detect some similarities in writing styles...so I am just curious. If you are Jason, I know you will do the right thing and mea culpa...:)
It had crossed my mind that Baron might be Jason. I haven't read enough of his posts to really even try to guess.

Maybe I'm just stubborn, but I've never swapped identities on any online forum or discussion board. I can certainly see the appeal in washing the slate clean, particularly looking back at some of the embarrassing or shameful things I've said over the years only to have my opinions change. I do make liberal use of the edit function.

As for people creating new profiles to continue presenting their ideas in a new package, or even going so far as to have "conversations" between profiles to make themselves or their ideas look good in discussions, I'm cynical enough to be aware that it happens, but I don't think I'd ever stoop to it myself.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

I thought this as well. Weird.

Rob
the Sunbeam

Post by Rob »

People are banned, not usernames. I don't see how it's any more complicated than that.

bobhenstra
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by bobhenstra »

Exactly the reason I use my real name! Very hard to fool smart people! :) :) :) ;)

Bob

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

And Jerry J Fletcher is SempiternalHarbinger. :))

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

If I remember correctly, Jason asked to have his account deleted. His posts remain, but if you click on his name, you'll probably get a message on the order of "this user does not exist". If that is the case, and he regretted his haste, he may have come back but he'd have to have a new username. Nothing wrong with that.

Juliette
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliette »

A Random Phrase wrote:If I remember correctly, Jason asked to have his account deleted. His posts remain, but if you click on his name, you'll probably get a message on the order of "this user does not exist". If that is the case, and he regretted his haste, he may have come back but he'd have to have a new username. Nothing wrong with that.
I agree Random. I came back as Juliette after I was Janadelle! LOLOL!
( p.s., where have you been? I miss you!) :ymhug:

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

Juliette wrote:I agree Random. I came back as Juliette after I was Janadelle! LOLOL!
( p.s., where have you been? I miss you!) :ymhug:
Yes. The only problem I see is if someone is pretending to be two or three people at the same time.

(I haven't posted much.)

Rob
the Sunbeam

Post by Rob »

A Random Phrase wrote:If I remember correctly, Jason asked to have his account deleted. His posts remain, but if you click on his name, you'll probably get a message on the order of "this user does not exist". If that is the case, and he regretted his haste, he may have come back but he'd have to have a new username. Nothing wrong with that.
Voluntary account deletion is not the same thing as being banned, and is totally acceptable. It's like the difference between leaving your job on good terms, or not. Those who left appropriately can go back. Those who didn't have burned their bridges. Simple. End of.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Its an internet forum. People leave and go. Some by choice and some with a kick. Some come back. Even if they got kicked out. A simple IP change. Back in business.

Take it for what its worth.

Songbird
captain of 1,000

Post by Songbird »

bobhenstra wrote:Exactly the reason I use my real name! Very hard to fool smart people! :) :) :) ;)

Bob
Is this your real picture too???

moonwhim
captain of 1,000

Post by moonwhim »

Legion wrote:Its an internet forum. People leave and go. Some by choice and some with a kick. Some come back. Even if they got kicked out. A simple IP change. Back in business.

I would "guess" that you are Jason based on your posts here: http://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopi ... 87#p275376" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Juliette
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliette »

Songbird wrote:
bobhenstra wrote:Exactly the reason I use my real name! Very hard to fool smart people! :) :) :) ;)

Bob
Is this your real picture too???
LOL@Songbird! It looks like a drawing to me. :))

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

moonwhim wrote:
Legion wrote:Its an internet forum. People leave and go. Some by choice and some with a kick. Some come back. Even if they got kicked out. A simple IP change. Back in business.

I would "guess" that you are Jason based on your posts here: http://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopi ... 87#p275376" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

+1

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Is this a game of who's Waldo? Or the reverse of Spartacus? He's Jason, no he's Jason, no he's Jason.

Jason who?

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

Legion wrote:Is this a game of who's Waldo? Or the reverse of Spartacus? He's Jason, no he's Jason, no he's Jason.

Jason who?
Jason and the Argonauts perhaps?

To me, you don't sound like him.

Juliette
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliette »

Legion wrote:Is this a game of who's Waldo? Or the reverse of Spartacus? He's Jason, no he's Jason, no he's Jason.

Jason who?
Jason was my hero. He was formerly on this forum. and certainly did his research. I do hope he's back!

Thomas
captain of 1,000

Post by Thomas »

Evergrow is Obiwan returned.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

Original_Intent wrote:But are you the user formerly known as Jason/Mummy?

Found this via a link on a recent thread:
Jason » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:00 pm
I created three characters - Jason, Feather, and Baron. The main purpose for this forum was to spread the number of posts out per user name to delay the progression to Level 33 Illuminated. That probably sounds a little crazy but the title never sat well with me for the following reasons (from my two emails to Brian on the matter):

I initially created the three accounts (Jason, Feather, & Baron) to limit the number of accounts per post to lengthen the amount of time before hitting the Level 33 Illuminated title which I detest.
http://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopi ... 2&start=30

jonesde
captain of 1,000

Post by jonesde »

Jason seems like a nice guy and has certainly contributed a lot on this forum. I know his real name, but I also know he desires some anonymity here, so I'll just refer to him as Jason since that is his dominant account.

I've been recently frustrated with him after realizing that White Feather and Baron were also his accounts. I still don't know all of his accounts, but to convince him of the futility and damaging effect of his multiple personas, I'll speak against it.

I don't know all of his persona names, but here are the few I can think of right now:

- Jason
- Feather
- Baron
- Mummy
- White Feather
- Andrew Jackson
- Legion?

One thing I can say is I'm not aware of a circumstance where Jason has denied his multiple accounts when called out on it. He is at least honest in that regard.

SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

Post by SempiternalHarbinger »

InfoWarrior82 wrote:And Jerry J Fletcher is SempiternalHarbinger. :))
What is there to say...... You got me. Guilty as charged. :ymapplause:

I really think people should drop this. I also think some need to get off Jasons back. His contribution to this forum Imo cannot be measured. And the forum is way better off with him than without. I really don't care if anyone thinks different. His lecture at an LDSFF gathering was epic. One of the best lectures I ever have attended anywhere. Jason is the real deal. He is no flake. His heart is in the right place and has puts his trust in God. If one has a problem with Jason than that's there problem, not his. And unless you know him, the facts, and the situation than your opinion is worth jack squat. Just assumptions. I knew if Jason were to ever come back there would be a few who would make sure his real identity was made known. I understand how it work's, if one cant address the issues than attack the messenger. As for me I will give him the benefit of doubt. The way I figure it is Jason Bourne is dead. He has been deleted. I know this news might be devestating to some but it turns out Jason Bourne was not immortal. Unless this was a false flag operation. :-?

And infoWarrior, I am not Jerry Fletcher.