Plasma (ELECTRIFYING) Universe thread..

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

Re: Evidence for our Plasma (ELECTRIC) Universe....

Post by SempiternalHarbinger »

AshleyB wrote:Wow, Keep up the great work :) I know posts like these take a lot of time. This is one of my favorite threads. Love this subject!
Thank you Ashley! Means a lot coming from you! I hope to soon introduce Anthony Larsons works into the picture. In fact I have no problems saying you know more than me in this department so please feel free to pitch in when the time comes! Your input and insights are most welcome. In fact, I just might quote some of your post to save time. Of course this is were the windows of heaven begin to open. It's still baffles my mind and the implications are truly endless. Also, thank you for everything! Your family remains in my prayers!
JulesGP wrote:Matt your research is amazing, and like Ashley, I LOVE this thread! I'm a 100% electric universe convert, and the other things you posted - the fossilized leg, the mummified dinosaur, the communication between trees... I LOVE this stuff!

I miss you BTW!!
I think you ladies are too nice! Thank you Jules! That fossilized leg is pretty impressive/cool! Hopefully I will have some time in the near future to bring in the truly amazing stuff and tie it in all together. Truth is I have failed in the past to tie it all together for others, mainly because I have so little time and I often rush my thoughts. Also, I miss you too! I was seriously about to text you last week. I had an excruciating painful migraine headache for 4 days. Nothing I did would help. There is nothing that will bring me to my knees like a migraine. In fact, I pleaded for death last week! :)) Funny thing is you get them way more often than me and you handle them like a man while cry like a girl. :-$ also, I was in South Dakota three weeks ago with my mom and niece. We stopped by Sturgis which is the home of the biggest bike shows in the country. But I saw some incredible choppers and I decided I am getting me a bike in the near future. The fire was lit. Will let you know when I get it!!

Few more interesting tid bits.......I just tried a google search for "mummified fossil", like this:
http://images.google.com/search?hl=en&q ... Q&tbm=isch

This is an interesting item that came up.

Mummified Dinosaur Heads to Texas - Physorg.com
A mummified dinosaur discovered on the Hi-Line [a Texas lake, I think] is heading to the Houston Museum of Natural Sciences, where it will be studied and displayed for more than a year.

*Also another interesting tid bit, I just realized that the fossilized "foot in boot" is very reminiscent of the fused "coins in pocket" of this thunderbolt picture of the day....
http://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2006/ ... ofire3.htm Which says re the Chicago Fire:
Buildings exploding with fire when no fire was yet present

Electrical discharges would take place between metal objects inside buildings, igniting any flammable materials. The same would hold true for the hapless man [in Wisconsin I think] found with melted [fused] coins in his pocket but clothes intact and no other signs of burning. There is, in fact, no other natural explanation for this enigma.
Also of interest is a presentation on the Peshtigo fire by the Oconto County Web Project, which discusses the comet hypothesis as a "plausible" theory
Nevertheless, it is hard to imagine the “cometary” explanation ever receiving the attention it deserves until those addressing the question familiarize themselves with the electric comet model. As we have already emphasized, without this deliberate reconsideration of the underlying question—what is a comet?— the investigator will either ignore or forget the most telling clues.
The foot in the boot fossilized without having noticeable effect on the boot; and, likewise, the coins in the pocket fused together without having noticeable effect on the man's pocket or clothing.

*Here are some findings on making "rock" using electricity in self propegating reaction, most probably involving transmutation..

(SHS)
self-propagating high-temperature synthesis
http://www.ism.ac.ru/handbook/shsf.htm
Reaction is normally initiated from the sample surface with a heat flux (heated wire, electric spark, laser beam, etc.). After initiation, reaction proceeds in the mode of self-propagation. The duration of heating is markedly shorter than the time of reaction (combustion).
Thinking about the formation of rocks and rock strata in time frame that does not require millions of years some really cool implications involving high temps electricity and rock/planetary formation.

Also this... New discoveries of the Green Sahara. The finding shows that GET is valid and the Earth grew between ten thousand and six thousand years ago. :-?
Scientists Find Stone Age Burial Ground From Once-green Sahara
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/science/ ... 08-14.html

Lost Tribes of the Green Sahara; How a dinosaur hunter uncovered the Sahara's strangest Stone Age graveyard
http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2008/ ... /gwin-text

And the text version of the article;
http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/print ... /gwin-text

One last thing I find interesting is the myth side of fossilization. It's so intriguing that some Aboriginal legends actually mentioned lightning in conjuntion with things being turned to stone. I wanted to find out what Native Americans had to say about fossils in their oral traditions, esp in the Colorado Plateau. I found a book called Fossil Legends of the First Americans by Adrienne Mayor. She has done invaluable research into the legends of Indians in North and Central America, and also the book has an illuminating perspective on the history of various attitudes towards Native myths displayed by the first paleontologists. It really is a terrific read.

I hope this is not a spoiler! :D 90% of the legends kept by the Indians relating to both fossils and the death of the megafauna and dinosaurs involve lightning and thunderbolts. I will say it is not a spoiler, but a "hanger" to tell you that, because now you will be wondering what happened in the other 10%!

I thought some would be interested in the incredible link betweed electrical discharges and fossilization found in the legends.

Her book is very well done. Her extensive research is always well- presented and the book contains many ineresting leitmotifs that make it worth having a copy: the contrasting attitudes of early explorers, settlers, and scientists towards American Indian oral traditions. She gives quotes at the head of each chapter to illustrate, eg

1. the contrasting attitudes of early explorers, settlers, and scientists towards American Indian oral traditions. She gives quotes at the head of each chapter to illustrate, eg
"There is very little in any Tradition of the Savages to be relied upon."
--Cotton Mather, 1712
This is their Tradition and I see no reason why it should not be received as good History, at least as good as a great part of ours.
--George Rogers Clark, 1789
2. many Native American legends contain the theme of different eras, which are marked by changes in the size and kinds of animals

3. giant humans make quite a few appearances

4. she introduces the reader to the work of Georges Cuvier, a great paleontologist of Lyell's day, whose memory has been marginalized for his skepticism re. Darwin's theory and for his catastrophism

5. lightning and thunderbolts

6. Adrienne Mayor is always careful to maintain that the origins of the legends are to explain the existence of fossils and mummified animal remains, and not the result of any eye witness accounts of dinosaurs or megafauna, except perhaps mastodons

7. Mayor carefully tracks the location of specific fossils, and often uncovers the names, photos and fates of Indian Scout guides. Anyone who has ever done any local or family history research will delight in her sleuthing!

Here are a few quotes;

Ch 1
Iroquois, Shawnee, Delaware in New England, the Mid-Atlantic and the Ohio Valley
"An Iroquois tradition recorded in 1825 by the Tuscarora historian David Cusick is especially striking. Some two thousand years before Columbus, a great horned monster killed by thunderbolts appeared on the shore of Lake Ontario, and its stench brought disease." pg 38
"Other Iroquois tales describe dragons or serpents and water monsters with horns like giant buffalo's, destroyed by Thunder Beings and by the Little People..." p40
"Many Iroquois stories tell of Stone Giants, ferocious men and women called Ot-ne-yar-heh, who lived about 1,250 years before Columbus....They were destroyed by rock slide or trapped in marshy pits...In Seneca lore the Stone Giants were destroyed en masse by fire and earthquake..." pg 41
"Fossilized footprints of mammals and dinosaurs, known to the Iroquois as uki prints (uki means sky powers, such as thunder and lightning) also drew intense interest."
"According to the Delaware tradition, the monster was trapped in a mountain pass and destroyed by lightning." pg 49
"Found several bones of a Prodigious size," [Cresswell] noted. "What sort of animals these were is not clearly known. All the Traditionary accounts by the Indians is that they were White Buffalos, that killed themselves by drinking salt water." pg 53
"This place was a landmark of long standing...The Shawnees believed that the five creatures had died at the same time, struck by lightning." pg 53
"Notably, [the Shawnee] information not only included fossil measurements and estimates of the animal's size when they had been alive; it also attempted to account for the extinction of huge beasts and giant men in a distant era before modern humans. After the great men had died out, they said, 'God had Kill'd' the mighty animals with lightning bolts, so that they could 'not hurt the present race of Indians.'" pg 54
"Lightning was also the agent of extinction in the Delaware traditions about mastodon fossils, as Thomas Jefferson learned a few years after Wright interviewed the Shawnee men." pg55
A Delaware elder to Thomas Jefferson:
"'In ancient time a herd of these tremendous animals came to the Bigbone Licks' and destroyed the smaller game...which had been created for Indians to hunt. The 'Great Man above' was 'so enraged that he seized his lightning, descended on the earth, seated himself on a neighboring mountain.' He 'hurled his bolts til the whole were slaughtered.'" pg 59
"The Shawnee related that...the good Spirit had destroyed these immense animals with lightning..." pg 65
"In old Delaware traditions, the name Yah Qua Whee was used for unknown monsters. In 1905 however, Adams translated Yah Qua Whee as 'mastodon.'
'...The valleys ran in blood. The battlefield became a great mire, and many of the mastodons, by their weight, sank in the mire and were drowned.' There was 'a terrible loss' of the smaller game animals, too. Adams describes the Great Spirit hurling lightning bolts to destroy the mastodons." pg 66
From Fossil Legends of the First Americans, by Adrienne Mayor
When I emerged from my muddy car, Morris Chee, Jr., a laconic guide from [Navajo village] Moenave, expressed surprise that anyone would stop in the cold rain and slog through puddles to see the footprints. But on sunny, dry days, it's hard to make out the tracks unless one pours a canteen of water into a single impression to see its shape. Today was the perfect weather for tracking dinosaurs: every footprint, big and small, was brimming with rainwater, and the wet bedrock was teeming with the traces of monsters.
Keeping his hands in his pockets, and gazing off to the stormy horizon, Chee walked up to each track and nodded down at it to be sure I noticed it (gesturing by pointing with the finger, as well as eye contact, is avoided by traditional Navajos)....A circle of stones marked off "the only bones we got left here. See the ribs and backbone and the jaws?"
Then Chee indicated several places where large slabs of rock with tracks had been chipped out and hauled away. "They took away all our bones, too, back in the '40's, before I was born," he said with resignation, referring to Jesse Williams's Dilophosaurus find now in Berkeley. "We don't ask for them back any more, that was a long time ago. Why don't they make a cast for taking away and leave the bones here? It's better to keep it in the ground right where it is. I wish we could have a museum for the bones here, then people would come to see it." pg 141
Chapter 3: The Southwest
Zuni, Navajo, Apache, Hopi, Ute, and Pit River
The Twin Children of the Sun realized that the world needed to be dried out and solidified before the "unfinished" humans succumbed to the monsters. Wielding a magic shield, a rain-bow, and arrows of cosmic lightning, the Twin Heroes ignited a tremendous conflagration. The fire raged over the face of the earth, scorching it dry and hardening the ground. Humans emerged from their mud-cave existence into blinding sunlight.... pg 111
But now, on dry land, predatory animals multiplied. With their powerful talons and teeth, these giant creatures devoured weaker human beings. So the Twin Heroes stalked across the world, blasting all the land monsters--enormous mountain lions and bears and other huge creatures--with lightning. "Thlu!" Instantly immolated, these dangerous beasts were "shriveled and burnt into stone." Pg 111
We have changed you into rock everlasting, said the Twin Heroes, as they struck the huge animals with lightning. "Now you will be good for men rather than evil." pg 112
Figure 31. Belemnite fossils, used for protection in battle by the Zuni. These marine fossils were called "lightning or thunder stones" by Plains Indians.
When I asked Mearl about dinosaur fossils, she replied, "In the story of the coming of This World, the twin Monster Slayers killed the monsters one by one. But they couldn't destroy their bodies. These are the fossils. This is a short story but I think you get the idea." pg 117
As in the Zuni myth, the earlier, wet and muddy worlds were dominated by monsters, which were created before human beings and preyed on them. Some monsters even persued people into successive worlds. But the Sun gave special lightning bolts to the twin sons of Changing Woman, so that they could overcome the monsters. pg 119
The first, most dreaded monster was Yeitso (also called Big Monster or Big Gray Monster--gray is associated with evil)....The monster's face was striped (stripes are associated with terror), and its stupendous body was covered with scaled armor. Approaching with earthshaking footsteps, Yeitso attacked, but the Twins destroyed it with lightning. Pg 119
As the monster plowed up the earth with its horns, they [Monster Slayers] killed it with lightning arrows. A little gopher assured them the monster was dead by running out along one of its horns. pg 122
Chapter 3: The Southwest Zuni, Navajo, Apache, Hopi, Ute, and Pit River
cont'd
[T]he Yup'ik people of southwestern Alaska tell of a tusked creature called Quugaarpaq, said to "travel underground, turning to stone when it came in contact with air. pg 124
The Gray Monsters were a variety of evil creatures of the earlier worlds. The Monster Slayers killed some, while others were done in by hail and windstorm. Pg 126
Big Centipede was another species of Navajo monster. This huge millipede, humped with many legs, leapt suddenly on its victims. The largest of these were slain by Monster Slayer. Zuni myth also featured a giant centipede who was shriveled by a bolt of lightning by the Twin Heroes--that's why today's centipedes look like burnt bits of fringed buckskin.
Was Big Centipede inspired by the sight of a fossil impression of Arthropleura, a six-foot-long centipede of the Corboniferous era? pg 127
According to Navajo myth, all the "slain monsters were beaten into the earth." pg 130
Real humans appeared only after the "Great Change," an extinction and evolutionary event ushered in by a great flood. Many First People were drowned, by others were transformed into modern mammals, reptiles, birds, fish, and insects. These retained some characteristics of their primal ancestors. pg147
According to Paiute tradition, a race of redheaded cannibals called Si-Te-Cahs once dwelled in the area around Lovelock, north of Reno, until the Paiute ancestors exterminated them with fire and smoke.... pg 151
The Paiutes told Powell that the stone logs were the enormous shafts of arrows unleashed by the Wolf-Thunder god, Shinarav, or Shinarump, an important force in the Ute origin myth. pg 159
Pikes Peak, for example, was created when Shinarump hurled gigantic rocks down to Earth, and many of his great battles occurred in the Petrified forest. pg 159
Hegewald explained that the "Great Father in Washington needed the specimens," and recorded the Navajos' "mystified" reaction: "Why would he want the bones of the Great Giant that their forefathers had killed years ago when taking possession of the country?" Pg 160
It's interesting that some of the Indians called petrified trees = arrows = stone logs. Their ancestors may have witnessed the lightning arrows and then saw the petrified trees soon afterward and concluded that they were the remains of the arrows from the sky. The other stories of large animals killed by lightning arrows and leaving only their fossils sure seems to give great credence to our theory that lightning transmuted bones into fossils.

I think it is an exciting discovery that the legends in North America have so much about thunderbolts.

it is safe to start asking whether the myths are based on some common experience. And notice that I took the legends from widely separated geographic areas, the east and the Southwest. Add to the mix the fact that there were as many as 2,000 Native American languages here on this continent when the Europeans arrived. That is a considerable barrier to extensive sharing of oral tradition, one would think. So that may make the continuous theme of lightning killing the dinosaurs and megafauna that much more remarkable.

I would like to add the legends from the Central and South American Indians sometime soon, just for good measure.

Here are a few site worth noting;

* Legends about ammonites etc.
http://www.tonmo.com/science/fossils/my ... ythdoc.php
* Gemstones and myth
http://www.zianet.com/postpubco/stones.htm
* There may be better ones at this search.
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=legend+O ... ccc08a197a

Dinosaurs and Man?
http://www.hope-of-israel.org/dinosaur.htm

Native Americans of the U.S. Southwest left a petroglyph of a large dinosaur. And I think Barry Fell mentioned an ancient American artifact that depicted a dinosaur. See also http://www.hope-of-israel.org/dinosaur.htm.
At this site http://www.answersingenesis.org/creatio ... sicman.asp it says: The Liscomb Bone Bed has probably thousands of frozen unfossilized dinosaur bones — some of them have the ligaments still attached. This site http://www.christiananswers.net/dinosau ... jul18.html says
The Liscomb bone bed has produced the most important dinosaur remains from Alaska. We collected bones on and below the surface. We found both fossilized and unfossilized bones. We dug down about three feet to get to the bones frozen in permafrost. It was the frozen unfossilized bones we were seeking for our research, although we collected some fossilized bones as well. Both types were found together (I'm not sure how to explain it).
Carbon 14 is used to date fossils and other rocks that were once living things. Very precise dating from mass spectrometer analysis has substantiated the presence of Carbon 14 in dinosaur bones. Some have suggested that the samples became contaminated with modern Carbon 14. But it has also substantiated that Carboniferous coal carefully extracted from deep within mines still contains Carbon 14! This is dramatic evidence of youthfulness since all of the detectable Carbon 14 should have decayed within 100,000 years. (Baumgardner, Fifth ICC Paper, 2003.)
This site http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/fo ... 39641.html
has some pretty good photos of human footprints in a rock layer that cross a line of dinosaur tracks in the same layer.

The reason for bringing up Dinosaurs and man is it's relation to the Saturn Myth which I will cover very soon.

Another much shorter related article is available at the Velikovsky Archive, however, it deals only with the mention of giant animals in Hebrew lore
http://www.varchive.org/ce/shamir/gianim.htm

I believe there is evidence of dinosaurs in the time of humans. But I have an open mind nonetheless. The bone bed in Alaska is most interesting as it is said to contain both fossilized and unfossilized dinosaur bones. The idea of electrical fossilization is intriguing, but how would some bones in a pit be fossilized and some not, even by electricity? And, if dinosaur bones exist that are unfossilized, doesn't that mean they're very young? Like 5 to 10 thousand or so years old? Apparently, the reason the unfossilized bones did not disintegrate is because they were frozen.

The bias against a young Earth and against dinosaurs living into the age of humans is amazing to me. It shows how far conventional dogma has brainwashed even many of the people here, who are otherwise seemingly more open-minded than average. I know this might be a little far out there.

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

SempiternalHarbinger,

This thread is awesome. I have long believed in these things but I have never had them all grouped together like this. I helps to bring it all into focus. Thank you.

I can't find the original page I read about the pre-flood environment but this page comes close to sharing many of the ideas.

http://www.freechristianteaching.org/mo ... ?itemid=31" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I personally believe in the gigantism of the pre-flood environment as it relates to dinosaurs. Perhaps, dinosaurs are with us today, it just that lizards don't have the right environment to allow them to grow as big as they are able. Or, perhaps the traditions of the Indians is right, and God destroyed the giant versions of animals to preserve our lives.

Rensai
captain of 1,000

Post by Rensai »

SempiternalHarbinger wrote: This site http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/fo ... 39641.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
has some pretty good photos of human footprints in a rock layer that cross a line of dinosaur tracks in the same layer.

The reason for bringing up Dinosaurs and man is it's relation to the Saturn Myth which I will cover very soon.

Another much shorter related article is available at the Velikovsky Archive, however, it deals only with the mention of giant animals in Hebrew lore
http://www.varchive.org/ce/shamir/gianim.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I believe there is evidence of dinosaurs in the time of humans. But I have an open mind nonetheless. The bone bed in Alaska is most interesting as it is said to contain both fossilized and unfossilized dinosaur bones. The idea of electrical fossilization is intriguing, but how would some bones in a pit be fossilized and some not, even by electricity? And, if dinosaur bones exist that are unfossilized, doesn't that mean they're very young? Like 5 to 10 thousand or so years old? Apparently, the reason the unfossilized bones did not disintegrate is because they were frozen.

The bias against a young Earth and against dinosaurs living into the age of humans is amazing to me. It shows how far conventional dogma has brainwashed even many of the people here, who are otherwise seemingly more open-minded than average. I know this might be a little far out there.
If you're looking for more on dinosaurs in the time of Humans, check out http://s8int.com/dinolit1.html Its got a LOT of evidence on that.

SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

mes5464 wrote:SempiternalHarbinger,

This thread is awesome. I have long believed in these things but I have never had them all grouped together like this. I helps to bring it all into focus. Thank you. Your welcome! Really glad you enjoy it! Also glad to see you posting on the forum again.

I can't find the original page I read about the pre-flood environment but this page comes close to sharing many of the ideas.

http://www.freechristianteaching.org/mo ... ?itemid=31" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Great link Mes! And that is a big key to understanding metaphor and symbolism of all ancient cultures as well as the restored gospel, particular the Pearl of Great Price and our temples. (restoration of the old) That is the Ancients viewed an entirely different heaven than we do now. Years ago when I would read the Old Testament I often found myself confused and telling myself, "It's like they lived (old testament) in a different world." I simply could not comprehend. Well, that's because they did in fact live in a different world and different heavens! And I agree with you that the link you posted above. Thank you for posting it! Here is one scripture posted on the link above...

Life on Planet Earth before Noahs's Flood

Genesis 1:6-8; Then God said, "Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters." Thus God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament; and it was so. And God called the firmament Heaven. So the evening and the morning were the second day.'

Here are a few more scriptures that back that up.

Peter wrote: ". . . by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: . . . ." (2 Peter 3:5-6.)

Thus, the key to understanding most of our cultural and religious traditions lies in remembering the end of the world — the end of the heavens and the earth that “perished” when God “spared not the old world, but saved Noah.” (2 Peter 2:5.)

So the the world we know today and the sky we view in the night sky above us is not those the ancients viewed. In fact they are vastly different. "The world they knew “perished,”

Nevertheless, we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness[/i]. (2 Peter 3:10, 13.)

And this is what I am hoping to cover in the near future. Joseph Smith's cosmic beliefs and his views on the ancient heavens and what it looked like, where were going, and the similarities to David Talbott's Saturn Myth/Polar configuration.
Last edited by SempiternalHarbinger on July 27th, 2012, 11:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

Rensai wrote: If you're looking for more on dinosaurs in the time of Humans, check out http://s8int.com/dinolit1.html Its got a LOT of evidence on that.
Thanks Rensai for the link above! Awesome website with tons of references. Right down my ally! I have already spent some time on it and no doubt will spend more time on it in the future!

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Plasma (ELECTRIC) Universe thread..

Post by mes5464 »

More evidence of the electric universe.

http://news.yahoo.com/impossible-stars- ... 40670.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

mes5464 wrote:More evidence of the electric universe.

http://news.yahoo.com/impossible-stars- ... 40670.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's very interesting.

From the link above, a snippet:
Four pairs of what astronomers are calling "impossible stars" — stellar twins in orbits so close they defy explanation — have been found in our Milky Way galaxy, scientists say.

Astronomers using the United Kingdom Infrared Telescope (UKIRT) in Hawaii discovered the four star pairs, each of which is a binary system in which two stars circle each other in less than four hours. Until now, scientists thought that such twin-star setups couldn't exist.

SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

A Random Phrase wrote:
mes5464 wrote:More evidence of the electric universe.

That's very interesting.

From the link above, a snippet:
Four pairs of what astronomers are calling "impossible stars" — stellar twins in orbits so close they defy explanation — have been found in our Milky Way galaxy, scientists say.

Astronomers using the United Kingdom Infrared Telescope (UKIRT) in Hawaii discovered the four star pairs, each of which is a binary system in which two stars circle each other in less than four hours. Until now, scientists thought that such twin-star setups couldn't exist.
Right you are Mes! The evidence just keeps piling on! Very nice find. Thanks for posting.

ImageThis artist's impression shows two active stars — M4-type red dwarfs — that orbit each other every 2.5 hours, as they continue to spiral inwards. Eventually they will coalesce into a single star.

Here is one more snippet from the link above.
"To our complete surprise, we found several red dwarf binaries with orbital periods significantly shorter than the 5 hour cut-off found for sun-like stars, something previously thought to be impossible," the study's lead author Bas Nefs, from Leiden Observatory in the Netherlands, said in a statement. "It means that we have to rethink how these close-in binaries form and evolve."
Original link
http://www.space.com/16739-impossible-s ... rbits.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I found this article linked to original:
"Some models of giant molecular cloud formation suggest that galactic magnetic fields could be strong enough to impose on clouds, influencing how the cloud accumulate and fragment and thus how quickly and efficiently stars form. Other models, however, suggest galactic magnetic fields are irrelevant to cloud formation, since movements within the clouds might randomize the orientations of their magnetic fields.

"Trying to study the Milky Way to analyze whether galactic magnetic fields affect giant molecular clouds is challenging: Any effects that galactic magnetic fields may or may not have on clouds within our galaxy would best be seen from above the Milky Way instead of from our place within it.

"The simple question of whether magnetic fields play an important role in star formation has been debated for decades, owing much to the difficulties on observations," study lead author Hua-bai Li, an astrophysicist at the Max Planck Institute for Astronomy in Heidelberg, Germany, told SPACE.com.

"So researchers investigated M33, which is about 2.9 million light-years away and has spiral arms similar to those of our own galaxy."

"Using the Submillimeter Array of radio telescopes in Hawaii, the researchers observed giant molecular clouds in M33's spiral arms. By analyzing how the light from these clouds was polarized, they detected how the clouds' magnetic fields were oriented, and discovered that the fields were aligned with the spiral arms. This suggested that they are being influenced by the galaxy's magnetic field."
It is only a matter of time before they mainstream science starts to apply magnetism to the cause of the Big Bang. Already it has gone from stars to galaxies. In all such forums electricity is not the cause of magnetic fields, magnetic fields are the cause of electricity. It is nothing more than an attempt to regulate the EU/Plasma theories to mere effects of their new cosmology. They can't avoid it much longer, which they know they can't due to the constant discoveries as merely the effect of their important discovery and new cosmology. All hail magnetic reconnection, the new relativity. . The fact to the matter is charge separation and electrical discharges cannot possibly be the "causes" of any event in space in the haters view of the universe. They are electrophobia in space.

As for what keeps the planets in orbit is simple:
http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/3 ... ode73.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Earth is a charged particle in the magnetic field of the Sun. It is also connected to the Sun by Birkeland Currents, which due to increase or decrease of current, causes elliptical orbits instead of perfectly circular ones because the charge is not constant. Like this NASA visualization.

More latest news...

O-type star study by ESO shocks scientists current beliefs; July 2012
http://holographicgalaxy.blogspot.com/2 ... ttest.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Extremely rare O-type stars comprise 1% of all stars, and are the most extremely massive and the highest temperature. ESO finds that these stars are 75% of the time in a binary system, but most shocking is that they are very close to another O-type star in a binary system and interacting with its companion by pulling away gases. This is strong proof that electric and magnetic filaments of a constant high temperature region, connect together nearby interacting hot O-type stars into binary systems. Gravity star formation models could never form stars that happen to arrange the hottest and most massive stars so close to each other, and to be interacting with its companion. Clearly electrical Birkeland currents have temperature regions that form O-type stars suitable to conditions in that region. The mass for charge analog is caused by gases and dust inflows being larger with stronger knots.

Than there is this...

Spiral Galaxy Spotted Too Far Away; July 2012
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 131746.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"The fact that this galaxy exists is astounding," said David Law, lead author of the study and Dunlap Institute postdoctoral fellow at the University of Toronto's Dunlap Institute for Astronomy & Astrophysics. "Current wisdom holds that such 'grand-design' spiral galaxies simply didn't exist at such an early time in the history of the universe."
:-o :-\

Every time we send a probe into space and the results come in we can be certain of one thing, they will as always be completely surprised and shocked. Houston we have a problem! The more predictions the more they get wrong. Why do we continue to move in this direction? Their predictions will always be wrong because their initial assumptions are incorrect to begin with.

A spiral galaxy 'too early?' Wonder if the thought ever accrued to them that the universe could be infinite? You can consider this another right prediction of the Electric Universe and PC. When they do these deep field investigations they're only looking in one direction. Before they make assumptions about the age of the universe they ought to do a little more by looking in a variety of directions, surely that would increase the empiricism of their argument. there can't be only one patch of 'empty sky?'

If they built up a more representative sample then i would say everything is pretty much the same in every direction. aah, but. what would the conclusion be then? That we're at the centre of the universe? :))

Another one;

Stars discovered both Magnetar & Pulsar Confuse Astronomers;July 2012
http://holographicgalaxy.blogspot.com/2 ... ikely.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dark matter no-show hobbles elegant particle theory;July 2012
http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/short ... es-el.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Dark matter stubbornly refuses to come out of the shadows. The latest results from an underground detector show no sign of WIMPs, or weakly interacting massive particles, the still-theoretical particles thought to make up the invisible majority of the universe's mass.

Many physicists believe dark matter is made up of WIMPs, particles that carry mass but, as their name suggests, rarely interact with other particles.
This in turn tightens the noose around certain versions of the theory known as supersymmetry, which some hope will extend the standard model, removing its many insufficiencies. The standard model was completed by the discovery of the Higgs boson this month, but it still doesn't explain dark matter. In supersymmetry, every standard particle has a heavier "superpartner" particle, one of which could be a WIMP.

However, the new Xenon results rule out most of the region where some of the simpler supersymmetry models predicted a dark matter WIMP should be.

If WIMPs don't show up soon, though, it may be a sign that physicists are simply on the wrong track."
The article presumptuously assumes that the Higg's has been certainly found and are most assuredly are on the wrong track.

Here is a very good one....

Mainstream solar magnetic field theory "broken" (July 2012)
http://arxiv.org/pdf/1206.3173.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/07/09/w ... more-67063" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MRI of Sun Finds Current Models Entirely Wrong
http://holographicgalaxy.blogspot.com/2 ... odels.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Unexpectedly slow motions below the Sun's surface
http://phys.org/news/2012-07-unexpected ... rface.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gizon says “The unexpectedly small velocities measured using helioseismology are the most noteworthy helioseismology result since the launch of HMI”. Adds Birch, “There is no clear way to reconcile the observations and theory”. Gizon then concludes “This result not only sheds a new light on the Sun – but also on our current inability to understand one of the most fundamental physical processes in the Sun and stars: convection”.
They may have a "current inability to understand" that "one of the most fundamental physical processes in the Sun and stars" is probably NOT "convection."

Not only does that particular observation falsify mainstream models related to magnetic field creation at the surface, it destroys virtually every "explanation" they've ever offered to explain corona temperatures. More importantly it completely falsifies their claims that heavy elements like Iron and Lead will stay "mixed together" in the solar atmosphere! With convection only flowing at around 1 percent of their predicted speed, there's no way in hell for them to explain how hydrogen stays mixed together with iron in the solar atmosphere. In short, that one observation falsifies several key aspects of standard solar theory, not that anyone here is actually surprised.

That would be another correct prediction from the Electric Universe/Plasma Cosmology. Or should I say electric sun. And another failed prediction for the mainstream crackpots.

Than there is plasma redshift, a “prediction” of many Plasma Cosmology/Electric Universe models has now been confirmed in the lab.
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 2608000089" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The mainstream never had a lick of empirical support to justify any of their claims, but now they have a strong physical laboratory refutation to deal with on top of of their numerous qualification problems. Say so long to mainstream theory, it's about to die a natural empirical death. There has never been a single laboratory observation that was a bigger threat to mainstream theory than that observation of plasma redshift in the lab IMO. Lyndon Ashmore has already written a pretty good paper showing how these laboratory redshift results are not only predicted in PC/EU theory, this successful prediction of PC/EU theory absolutely destroys the credibility of the mainstream's claims related to expansion and acceleration.

These results do fit with a number of “tired light” proposals including one by Lyndon Ashmore who cites that Chen paper and explains how it relates to his ‘New Tired Light’ theory and cosmology.
http://vixra.org/pdf/1105.0010v1.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The ‘prediction’ that wavelengths travel at different speeds though the plasmas of spacetime have also been confirmed in recent years.
http://www.news.ucdavis.edu/search/news ... so?id=8364" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There is a highly relevant observation related to the redshift phenomenon that the mainstream desperately needs to sweep under the carpet. The fact that various wavelengths arrive at different times is a serious problem for their interpretation of the redshift process. If the redshift process was in fact related to "space expansion' as they claim, all the various wavelengths should arrive at pretty much the same time, and the light pulse would be relatively "clean" in terms of any sort of broadening process, or wavelength variations. Unfortunately for them, their new round of toys that they just put into space over the past 8 years or so show that this is *not* how it actually works.

What we observe instead of a clean smooth pulse, is a broadening process and a delay process that is different for different wavelengths which is entirely congruent with tired light proposals. This variation in wavelength arrival times is a key and highly important "prediction" of many tired light proposals. It's the one prediction that is distinct to tired light theory, and that sets it apart from the mainstream interpretation of redshift. Now that this particular prediction has been verified by satellites in space, the mainstream is in a world of hurt.

Not only does their time dilation explanation fail to predict this observed delay effect on various wavelengths, their theory actually predicts just the opposite. It predicts a smooth shift across all the wavelengths. This is the Achilles heal of the mainstream redshift interpretation. They don't know it yet, but their belief system has already been falsified by the satellites they launched over the past decade.

What's most amusing from my vantage point is not only is their cosmology religion in trouble based on empirical revelations from the lab, their solar theories are also now threatened, again by those very same new technologies, in this case SDO measurements of convection rates. They've literally had some major blows and pitfalls in the past two years, one being related to cosmology theory, and another failed prediction that is a major blow to their solar theory. Bye-bye dark sky religion.....hello to the infinite Electric Universe.

Galaxies Demand a Stellar Recount
http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/features.cfm?feature=2287" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
For decades, astronomers have gone about their business of studying the cosmos with the assumption that stars of certain sizes form in certain quantities. Like grocery stores selling melons alone, and blueberries in bags of dozens or more, the universe was thought to create stars in specific bundles. In other words, the proportion of small to big stars was thought to be fixed. For every star 20 or more times as massive as the sun, for example, there should be 500 stars with the sun's mass or less.

This belief, based on years of research, has been tipped on its side with new data from NASA's Galaxy Evolution Explorer. The ultraviolet telescope has found proof that small stars come in even bigger bundles than previously believed; for example, in some places in the cosmos, about 2,000 low-mass stars may form for each massive star. The little stars were there all along but masked by massive, brighter stars.

"What this paper is showing is that some of the standard assumptions that we've had - that the brightest stars tell you about the whole population of stars - this doesn't seem to work, at least not in a constant way," said Gerhardt R. Meurer, principal investigator on the study and a research scientist at Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Md.
New View: Universe Suddenly Twice as Bright
http://www.space.com/5348-view-universe ... right.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The universe is twice as bright as it appears, astronomers now suggest.

The light bulb (LITERALLY)went on when they calculated that dust blocks about the half the light emitted from stars and galaxies.

"I was shocked by the sheer scale of the effect," said Simon Driver, an astronomer from the University of St. Andrews in Scotland who led the study. "Most people just kind of said, 'We suspect dust is a minor problem.' I spent much of my career working on deep images from Hubble and I've always ignored dust almost entirely."

The result will likely cause many astronomers to revise their calculations of the intrinsic brightness of many celestial objects, Driver said. Until now, many astronomers thought stars and galaxies were really about 10 percent brighter in optical light than they appeared because of dust. If the new findings are true, it turns out that objects in the sky are about twice as bright than they appear.

"This is a strong, clear-cut result," Driver told SPACE.com. "We've really got to take dust seriously and we've got to make large adjustments to our magnitude calculations." (A magnitude scale is used to define brightness of celestial objects.)
A Problem in Plasma Science
http://www.aetherometry.com/Labofex_Pla ... roblem.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm sitting here trying to figure out exactly what the mainstream is going to do with this relatively new successful prediction of Plasma Cosmology theory over the long haul. I'm sure they will continue to ignore it for awhile yet, but the empirical handwriting is now on the wall. There is now a FULLY EMPIRICAL explanation for the redshift phenomenon.

Considering the fact that astronomers claim to be actual "scientists", you'd think that they'd be the first ones to jump all over that redshift observation in the lab, but NO! What a joke BB theory has become now. Lambda-CDM is 96 percent metaphysical BS and only 4 percent actual physics. Worse yet, their whole basis for claiming that expansion/acceleration has ever been "observed' has been stripped from them entirely. The only thing they actually ever "observed" were redshifted photons and there is already a very simple, very empirical, already demonstrated CAUSE for that phenomenon.

The mainstream may not know it yet, but Big Bang theory was actually falsified by those plasma redshift observations in the lab. The mainstream doesn't have an empirical leg to stand, and not even a good "explanation" for redshift on anymore. Plasma redshift observations from the lab are the sayonara song of mainstream theory IMO. It's just a matter of time before they ground themselves in reality.

Tired Light and Type Ia Supernovae Observations
http://vixra.org/pdf/1203.0062v1.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.holushko.net/tiredlight.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-FYI, this paper by Herman Holushko is one of the best computer simulations that I've ever seen for tired light/plasma redshift explanation of supernova data. It uses no Malquist bias, and uses a broadening approach (like Ashmore) to explain not only why the supernova data is consistent with plasma redshift theories (plural), but it also shows why it's more consistent with the fact that we observe different wavelengths as different times, unlike mainstream theory. The really great part is that he provided the C# code he used to create the graphs. It's first class work IMO.

Scientist shock:"planet-forming disk disappeared in 2 years"
http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2012/ ... isappears/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is one more good one from June 2012..\

Why Won't the Supernova Explode?
http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/sc ... un_nustar/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Somewhere in the Milky Way, a massive old star is about to die a spectacular death. As its nuclear fuel runs out, the star begins to collapse under its own tremendous weight. Crushing pressure triggers new nuclear reactions, setting the stage for a terrifying blast. And then... nothing happens.
At least that's what supercomputers have been telling astrophysicists for decades. Many of the best computer models of supernovas fail to produce an explosion. At the end of the simulation, gravity wins the day and the star simply collapses.

Clearly, physicists are missing something.
You think?
"We don't fully understand how supernovas of massive stars work yet," says Fiona Harrison, an astrophysicist at the California Institute of Technology.
Here is one of the many incredible photos of Cassiopeia A.

Astronomy Picture of the Day(a site worth visiting on a regular basis!)
http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap050615.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How Are Stars Born?
http://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2010/ ... 01born.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stars are not simplistic balls of gravitationally compressed hot gas, they are composed of plasma. Plasma is ionized, meaning that one or more electrons have been stripped from the atoms in its substance, so it is electrically charged. Plasma does not behave like a pressurized gas, it behaves according to the tenets of plasma physics.

Laboratory experiments confirm that electricity flowing through plasma forms regions separated by thin walls of opposite charge called double layers. This is the “charge separation” so often mentioned in these pages. Could charge separation be the foundation for the electrical explosions known as supernovae?

Electric Universe theory agrees with conventional astrophysics in that a supernova can be referred to as an “exploding star.” However, in an electrically charged plasma star, that explosion is due to the breakdown of double layers. The power that fuels the stars comes from external currents of electric charge flowing through vast circuits in space. Rather than “core rebound” or “white dwarf accretion,” supernovae are the result of a stellar “circuit breaker”, where the stored electromagnetic energy in the circuit is suddenly focused at one point.

When a star’s double layer explodes, the electromagnetic energy stored in a vast galactic circuit flows into the explosion. The resulting supernova radiation is emitted across the entire electromagnetic spectrum from radio to gamma rays.

Electric Universe advocate Wal Thornhill wrote: “How does a star explode? The conventional ‘implosion followed by explosion’ model has many shortcomings. An electric star, on the other hand, has internal charge separation which can power a star-wide, expulsive lightning-flash. The star relieves electrical stress by fissioning or blowing off charged matter. A star also has electromagnetic energy stored in an equatorial current ring. Matter is ejected equatorially by discharges between the current ring and the star. Our own Sun does it regularly on a small scale. However, if the stored energy reaches some critical value it may be released in the form of a bipolar discharge, or ejection of matter, along the rotational axis.”

Since stars can be thought of as the focus for immense energy from the galaxies in which they live, their activity cannot be based on whether they possess a certain mass, or a particular elemental constitution. Rather, they are not internally powered objects at all; they are bodies formed electromagnetically where gigantic plasma filaments have squeezed matter in what is called a “z-pinch.” That is how stars are born and that is where the seeds of supernovae are planted.-Steve Smith

7cylon7
captain of 1,000

Post by 7cylon7 »

This will help anyone understand all the ancient myths and mythology surrounding the SKYs.

This is a great video. This can also help keep you from being deceived in the future.

kenh
captain of 100

Post by kenh »

Mars returns to take its place above the North Pole along with Venus and Saturn. With Mars close enough to appear as the size of the full moon and being red in color (and the moon no longer in orbit around the earth) it could appear to people on earth that the moon has turned to blood. Prophecy would be fulfilled. I know President Hinckley stated that the prophecy of Joel had been fulfilled.
Joel 2:28-31
28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.

31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the Lord come.

It does not mean that it can not be fulfilled more than once.
Thanks SH. :)

Tribunal
captain of 1,000

Post by Tribunal »

7cylon7 wrote:This will help anyone understand all the ancient myths and mythology surrounding the SKYs.

This is a great video. This can also help keep you from being deceived in the future.

Awesome! Since I need to stay up tonight I'm going to enjoy this video. I love this stuff.

SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

Dr Velikovsky's version of planetary catastrophic events in old testement..

IN THE BEGINNING by Dr. Immanuel Velikovsky( *Part 2, Saturn and the flood)
http://www.varchive.org/itb/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

THOTH -A Catastrophics Newsletter-
http://othergroup.net/thoth/thotii07.txt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Worlds in Collision
http://www.scribd.com/doc/21746049/Veli ... -Collision" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

While studying the other day I came across something very interesting. When studying the history of the earth through a catastrophic lens one realizes the Heavens we see today are vastly different than the heavens of old. When one looks at past events from a catastrophic lens things become allot more clear. History also tells us that earth has had many close encounters with other planets. The effects brought huge changes both on earth and in the heavens. Mars and Venus are claimed to have had 4 encounters during the time of Isaiah alone. Noah’s flood, the exodus and the disasters and miracles associated with them can be attributed with close encounters of other planets.

A Blast from Heaven. In Anthony Larson first book , And the Moon Shall Turn to Blood, Larson makes a compelling case for what is to befall Jerusalem in the last days and how a planetary encounter will (could) effect the armies that surround and occupy the Holy city.

Zechariah 14:12
And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

What I find interesting is... "the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem" Not another army but the Lord. Also this.."Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet" IMO for someone’s flesh to be consumed while they stand on their feet implies a very quick process if not instantly.

We learn from Isaiah and other ancient text that A blast from heaven destroyed the Assyrian army of Sennacherib when it surrounded Jerusalem in the days of Hezekiah, King of Judah. (Isaiah 37:7)

Excerpt from pg 104 on Zechariah 14:12 .. And the Moon shall Turn into Blood....

"It is interesting to note that the Talmudic (old Hebrew text) and Midrashic (an ancient commentary on part of the Hebrew scriptures) sources comment on how those Assyrian solders died saying that "their souls were burnt, though their garments remained intact." This may be a manifestation of the interplanetary lightning which Velikosky described as one strange powerful phenomenon of the exodus. Anyone near to where such a tremendous bolt of lightning touched down would certainly be "consumed." It may be that Zechariah is referring to the same phenomenon when he says ..."Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet" However, the description by Zechariah could have also referred to the effects of the great plague, another of the dire manifestations of a near collision, which will destroy so much of mankind in the last days."

The prophet Ezekiel added more about the great battle to come in the last days:
Ezekiel 38:22
And I will plead against him with pestilence and with blood; and I will rain upon him, and upon his bands, and upon the many people that are with him, an overflowing rain, and great hailstones, fire, and brimstone.

(Notice all the references to cataclysmic manifestations-Pestilence, blood, meteorites, fire, ash, and so on. This is convincing evidence that this future event will be occasioned by a cosmic catastrophe.)

*He provides much more evidence than I quoted.

Now it's worth mentioning how Velikovsky and Larson attribute lightning for what the ancients records say how the Assyrian solders died... "their souls were burnt, though their garments remained intact."

Now here is where it gets fascinating... Say hello to my little friend... ( already posted this but relevant)

Cowboy boot

Human leg fossil in 1950s cowboy boot, it's believed to be from a man who fell from plane onto power line and a animal carried away rest of body. We are told the process of fossilization is a very long process. But as the picture above and also much more evidence I provided in the last couple post on page one this is just not true. SO electricity is attributed to Human leg fossil. Anyone who has browsed this thread should not be surprised.

They say the boot was in pristine condition. No damage until they cut it to get a better view of the human leg fossil. "their souls were burnt, though their garments remained intact."

In a previous post I showed how petrified wood is not a long process but in fact all that is required is considerable heat, which electric discharges provide plenty of.

Also, after Mount St. Helen's blew they have been finding partially fossilized wood; and that's only after a few decades. The fossilization is not just powered by the heat or pressure but also by the electrical charge that filled and drove the pyroclastic flow, which was essentially a plasma. No silicon saturated water needed to be involved, just transmutation of the carbon and oxygen in the cell walls into silicon.

When scientist find fossils they assume vast age, so any modern fossils would be assumed to be ancient. Fossilized bones could be modern yet dismissed because they think in terms of the "replacement" process rather than "transmutation". The one takes time, the other could happen in an instant.

"The fossilization is not just powered by the heat or pressure but also by the electrical charge that filled and drove the pyroclastic flow, which was essentially a plasma,"

2006 A Real 'Theory of Everything'
http://www.holoscience.com/wp/a-real-th" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... e=gdaqg8df

**Electric transmutation is fascinating.

I also posted on a fossilized Skull and Mummified Dinosaurs which pertain to this topic.

*Also another interesting tid bit, the fossilized "foot in boot" is very reminiscent of the fused "coins in pocket" of this thunderbolt picture of the day on Chicago Fire:....

http://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2006/ ... ofire3.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Buildings exploding with fire when no fire was yet present

Electrical discharges would take place between metal objects inside buildings, igniting any flammable materials. The same would hold true for the hapless man [in Wisconsin I think] found with melted [fused] coins in his pocket but clothes intact and no other signs of burning. There is, in fact, no other natural explanation for this enigma.

Also of interest is a presentation on the Peshtigo fire by the Oconto County Web Project, which discusses the comet hypothesis as a "plausible" theory

Nevertheless, it is hard to imagine the “commentary” explanation ever receiving the attention it deserves until those addressing the question familiarize themselves with the electric comet model. As we have already emphasized, without this deliberate reconsideration of the underlying question—what is a comet?— the investigator will either ignore or forget the most telling clues.
The foot in the boot fossilized without having noticeable effect on the boot; and, likewise, the coins in the pocket fused together without having noticeable effect on the man's pocket or clothing... "their souls were burnt, though their garments remained intact." ..."Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet"

Thinking about the formation of rocks and rock strata in time frame that does not require millions of years some really cool implications involving high temps electricity and rock/planetary formation.

Also this... New discoveries of the Green Sahara. The finding shows that GET is valid and the Earth grew between ten thousand and six thousand years ago.
Scientists Find Stone Age Burial Ground From Once-green Sahara
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/science/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 08-14.html

Lost Tribes of the Green Sahara; How a dinosaur hunter uncovered the Sahara's strangest Stone Age graveyard
http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2008/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... /gwin-text

And the text version of the article;
http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/print" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... /gwin-text

One last thing I find interesting is the myth side of fossilization. It's so intriguing that some Aboriginal legends actually mentioned lightning in conjunction with things being turned to stone. I wanted to find out what Native Americans had to say about fossils in their oral traditions, esp. in the Colorado Plateau. I found a book called Fossil Legends of the First Americans by Adrienne Mayor. She has done invaluable research into the legends of Indians in North and Central America, and also the book has an illuminating perspective on the history of various attitudes towards Native myths displayed by the first paleontologists. It really is a terrific read. Posted on this on last post of page one for anyone interested.

SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

Useful pictorial/science resources...

Useful pictorial/science resources...

(**Though not specifically aimed at the Electric Universe, here is a general resource guide for astronomical images/data, both of local planetary bodies, comets, moons, and for deep-space objects... Lots of GREAT raw data out there. Too much for anyone person, site, agency to hoard or even to process it all. Enjoy!**)

Raw photos (some with captions; others not so much):

Astronomical Picture of the Day
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cassini Imaging Central Laboratory for Operations
http://www.ciclops.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HiRISE; High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment @ Mars
http://hirise.lpl.arizona.edu/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://marsoweb.nas.nasa.gov/HiRISE/hirise_images/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lunar Photo of the Day
http://www.lpod.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Malin Space Science Systems; home of MOC (Mars Orbiter Cam) images, among others. Low-to-mid resolution
http://www.msss.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Martian Spiders; includes articles, images, links to original images relating to the "Martian spiders" and surrounding regions.
http://www.martianspiders.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NASA's Planetary Photojournal; includes large caches of raw and processed images from various missions to and observations of planets, moons and other bodies int he solar system.
http://photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NASA's Solar System Explorer; similar to the Planetary Photojournal, but with some additional data and other focuses.
http://sse.jpl.nasa.gov/index.cfm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

National Space Science Data Center
http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Planetary Data System - Home
http://pds.jpl.nasa.gov/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Planetary Data System, imaging node; provides access to a number of resources
http://www-pdsimage.jpl.nasa.gov/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TES; Mars Global Surveyor's Thermal Imaging Spectrometer
http://tes.la.asu.edu/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

THEMIS; Mars satellite imaging, mid resolution
http://themis.asu.edu/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

USGS - ARP; USGS - Astrogeology Research Program
http://astrogeology.usgs.gov/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Specific missions:

Cassini-Huygens; ESA site
http://www.esa.int/SPECIALS/Cassini-Huygens/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CLUSTER; "The 4 Cluster spacecraft are providing a detailed three-dimensional map of the magnetosphere, with surprising results"
http://clusterlaunch.esa.int/science-e/ ... ?fareaid=8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FUSE; Far Ultraviolet Spectroscopic Explorer
http://fuse.pha.jhu.edu/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mars Exploration Program
http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mars Exploration Rover Mission
http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mars Express; ESA site
http://www.esa.int/SPECIALS/Mars_Express/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mars Global Surveyor
http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/mgs/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

New Horizons; NASA/APL/JPL/JHU site?
http://pluto.jhuapl.edu/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RHESSI; Reuven Ramaty High Energy Solar Spectroscopic Imager
http://hesperia.gsfc.nasa.gov/hessi/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SOHO; Solar and Heliospheric Observatory
http://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://umbra.nascom.nasa.gov/eit/EIT.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

STEREO; Solar Terrestrial Relations Observatory
http://stereo.jhuapl.edu/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ulysses; mission to the sun's south polar cap
http://ulysses.jpl.nasa.gov/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Venus Express; ESA site
http://www.esa.int/SPECIALS/Venus_Express/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yohkoh
http://www.lmsal.com/YPOP/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://solar.physics.montana.edu/YPOP/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.lmsal.com/YPOP/Nuggets/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://solar.physics.montana.edu/YPOP/Nuggets/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Deep-space telescopes/observatories:

Hubble telescope sites
http://hubble.nasa.gov/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://hubblesite.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Spitzer telescope
http://www.spitzer.caltech.edu/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chandra x-ray observatory
http://chandra.harvard.edu/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Integral
http://www.esa.int/SPECIALS/Integral/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mapping sites/software:

Google Maps - Earth; including good quality satellite imagery
http://maps.google.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Google Maps - Moon
http://moon.google.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Google Maps - Mars
http://www.google.com/mars/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Flash Earth; similar to google maps, allows comparison between different image sets like google, yahoo, altavista, microsoft live. (Requires the Flash plug-in?)
http://www.flashearth.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Crater map
http://geology.com/meteor-impact-craters.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NASA's World Wind project; 3D planetary visualization, mapping, imaging software. Very cool. Even includes recently released Java version; in addition to the regular .NET Windows-only version! I've used this the windows-only version extensively.
http://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Google Earth; 3D mapping & visualization software by Google
http://earth.google.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Miscellaneous:

The Aladin Sky Atlas; "Aladin is an interactive software sky atlas allowing the user to visualize digitized astronomical images"
http://aladin.u-strasbg.fr/aladin.gml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

High Energy Astrophysics Science Archive Research Center; NASA site
http://heasarc.gsfc.nasa.gov/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lightning Image Sensor data; lightning strike/distribution data (Love this site!!)
http://thunder.msfc.nasa.gov/data/lisbrowse.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Optical Transient Detector; lightning strike/distribution data
http://thunder.msfc.nasa.gov/data/otdbrowse.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Geology Dictionary; defines a lot of geological terms, in case folks need to look up the abstruse language used to encode data mined around the earth and the solar system...
http://geology.com/geology-dictionary.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Electrical Discharge Video Clip links

Tesla Coil Demo

Very cool site;
Prospective Landing Sites for Future (non-MSL) Missions
http://marsoweb.nas.nasa.gov/landingsites/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Zoom all the way in on the vent and two craters to see what you can see... Omnipresently pockmarked/cellular surface
http://marsoweb.nas.nasa.gov/HiRISE/hir ... 2157_1715/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Solar photosphere/sunspots/penumbra? More interested in the photos than the articles. Though the articles are mildly interesting as well...)
http://thunderbolts.info/tpod/2006/arch ... numbra.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://thunderbolts.info/tpod/2005/arch ... unspot.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://thunderbolts.info/tpod/2006/arch ... nspots.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

One of my favorite sites...I am facinated with Lichtenberg figures...
teslamania.com

http://205.243.100.155/frames/lichtenbergs.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://205.243.100.155/frames/shrinker.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://205.243.100.155/frames/Shrinking_History.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://205.243.100.155/frames/pasley.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://205.243.100.155/frames/whatis.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's a brief snippet of info on Martian Dust Devils as seen by rovers or MGS {?}. Too little info to necessarily be a full-blown resources. But interesting anyway. As a few videos show the dust devils flashing or interacting with the ground at the base. Pretty compelling stuff. How can this get ignored?
http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/ ... 0412a.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Solar System Exploration
http://solarsystem.nasa.gov/missions/pr ... dYear=2009" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

High Resolution Stereo Camera (HRSC); on board Mars Express satellite administered by ESA
http://berlinadmin.dlr.de/Missions/expr ... xeng.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Smart-1 site; ESA-administered
http://www.esa.int/SPECIALS/SMART-1/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XMM-NEWTON; space telecsope
http://sci.esa.int/science-e/www/area/i ... fareaid=23" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://xmm.vilspa.esa.es/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://xmm.vilspa.esa.es/external/xmm_s ... /index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Deep Impact; NASA site
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/deepi ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MESSENGER; NASA site for probe to visit Mercury
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/messe ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EarthSLOT; Virtual Globes to help scientists, resource managers, educators, and the public better understand our planet and the earth science that goes on here
http://www.earthslot.org/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(GeoFusion; 3D globes and some other resources, may not be "free.")

Lunar Map Catalog;
http://www.lpi.usra.edu/resources/mapcatalog/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lunar and Planetary Institute; see their "Resources" menu for some good links
http://www.lpi.usra.edu/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TerraExplorer; 3D globes, may not be "free."
http://www.skylinesoft.com/corporate/te ... plorer.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Xenon on the Verge of an Electric Breakdown"

"In carefully designed lab experiments the region between a pair of electrodes fills with plasma smoothly, starting at the positive end, with a wave front that sweeps quickly across to the negative end."

"At the leading edge of this so-called ionization front is a narrow band of enhanced electric field, according to theory and indirect experiments, but theorists only vaguely understand what determines the field's profile."
http://focus.aps.org/story/v19/st4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A list of interesting publications relating electricity / plasmas on Earth, in space, etc...

Executive Summary for "The Earth's Electrical Environment (1986)"
http://books.nap.edu/execsumm_pdf/898.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Full version; have to pat to buy full PDF version of the book, but you can read or skim chapters for free!
http://books.nap.edu/catalog.php?record_id=898" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So too: Plasma Science - Advancing knowledge in the national interest. Has a section on astrophysical plasma. Currently in pre-print?
http://www.nap.edu/execsumm_pdf/11960.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://books.nap.edu/catalog.php?record_id=11960" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Plasma Physics of the Local Cosmos
http://www.nap.edu/execsumm_pdf/10993.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://books.nap.edu/catalog.php?record_id=10993" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Atmospheric Sciences: Entering the Twenty-First Century
http://books.nap.edu/execsumm_pdf/6021.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://books.nap.edu/catalog.php?record_id=6021" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Geomagnetic Initiative
http://www.nap.edu/execsumm_pdf/2238.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://books.nap.edu/catalog.php?record_id=2238" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Solar Influences on Global Change
http://www.nap.edu/execsumm_pdf/4778.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://books.nap.edu/catalog.php?record_id=4778" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Plasma Science: From Fundamental Research to Technological Applications
http://books.nap.edu/execsumm_pdf/4936.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://books.nap.edu/catalog.php?record_id=4936" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Some of these seems to include elements that seem to get glossed over in most "mainstream" publications. So, it's "out there," but not necessarily widely known. I did notice a tendency to talk in terms of "bow shocks" and reconnection in a few places. But a lot of stuff seems to be coming into line. Slowly... Very slowly. Soon it'll be "well, we knew this all along!"

California rock art
http://www.angelfire.com/sk/syukhtun/syuk.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Historical precipitation maps:
http://precip.gsfc.nasa.gov/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Multiple multimedia images:
http://solarsystem.nasa.gov/multimedia/top10.cfm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Space.com's Image of the day archive
http://www.space.com/imageoftheday/index0710.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

VLA [Very Large Array] radio observatory
http://www.vla.nrao.edu/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Radio Observations of Jupiter
http://www.atnf.csiro.au/research/solarsys/jupiter/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Release of "Global Rainfall Map in Near Real Time"
Using TRMM and Other Satellites
http://www.jaxa.jp/press/2007/11/20071114_trmm_e.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://sharaku.eorc.jaxa.jp/GSMaP/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMS journal articles
http://ams.allenpress.com/perlserv/?request=index-html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Try searching on terms like "electric + tornado" "electric + vortex" and other combinations of terms like weather, water spout, plasma, Lorentz force, etc. Plenty of good stuff in there!

This site regularly boasts new discoveries and research in all manner of science, but there is lots of space and earth science. It's interesting because it provokes a lot of thought and nearly always ignores the electric universe...
http://www.physorg.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not specifically EU-related stuff. But often contains nuggets the EU folks would find interesting and/or amusing...

http://www.space.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.astronomy.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.spacedaily.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.spacedaily.com/Venusian_Heat.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.terradaily.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.moondaily.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.marsdaily.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.saturndaily.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.spacedaily.com/Jovian_Dreams.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.physorg.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.newscientist.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://space.newscientist.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Space Telescope Science Institute
http://www.stsci.edu/resources/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Science@NASA Archives
http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/news_archive.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Plenty of great materials here! Plenty of "red handed" shocks and surprises!

Space Science News Archive
http://spacescience.spaceref.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ACES; The Altus Cumulus Electrification Study
http://aces.msfc.nasa.gov/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ACES - Weather Links
http://aces.msfc.nasa.gov/weather_links.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CRYSTAL-FACE; The Cirrus Regional Study of Tropical Anvils and Cirrus Layers - Florida Area Cirrus Experiment
http://cloud1.arc.nasa.gov/crystalface/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Current solar images; even more interesting, there are a number of great links to various projects
http://umbra.nascom.nasa.gov/images/latest.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Solar UK Research Facility; has links to several projects
http://www.mssl.ucl.ac.uk/surf/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2MASS; Two Micron All Sky Survey
http://www.ipac.caltech.edu/2mass/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://irsa.ipac.caltech.edu/Missions/2mass.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

COSMOS; Cosmic Evolution Survey
http://irsa.ipac.caltech.edu/Missions/cosmos.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GALEX; Galaxy Evolution Explorer
http://www.galex.caltech.edu/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

IRAS; Infrared Astronomical Satellite
http://irsa.ipac.caltech.edu/IRASdocs/iras.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://irsa.ipac.caltech.edu/Missions/iras.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

IRTS; Infrared Telescope in Space
http://irsa.ipac.caltech.edu/Missions/irts.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ISO; Infrared Space Observatory
http://www.iso.vilspa.esa.es/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://irsa.ipac.caltech.edu/Missions/iso.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Keck Observatory
http://www.keckobservatory.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MSX; Midcourse Space Experiment
http://irsa.ipac.caltech.edu/Missions/msx.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SDSS; Sloan Digital Sky Survey
http://irsa.ipac.caltech.edu/Missions/sdss.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Spitzer space telescope
http://irsa.ipac.caltech.edu/Missions/spitzer.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SWAS; Submillimeter Wave Astronomy Satellite
http://irsa.ipac.caltech.edu/Missions/swas.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NASA Science - Science Mission Directorate
http://nasascience.nasa.gov/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

From which I stumbled upon this site:

NASA Earth Observatory
http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Though I'd take issue with their over-simplified definition of Plasma

Remote Sensing Tutorial :

The Remote Sensing Tutorial

WHAT YOU CAN LEARN FROM SENSORS ON SATELLITES AND SPACECRAFT THAT LOOK INWARD AT THE EARTH AND OUTWARD AT THE PLANETS, THE GALAXIES AND, GOING BACK IN TIME, THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE - THE COSMOS
http://www.fas.org/irp/imint/docs/rst/H ... epage.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Table of contents:
http://www.fas.org/irp/imint/docs/rst/Front/tofc.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Scientific Visualization Studio
http://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stanford Solar Center
http://solar-center.stanford.edu/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Magnetic fields due to electric currents; brief & minorly educational
http://www.matter.org.uk/Schools/Conten ... efault.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Academic Seismic Portal at LDEO
http://www.marine-geo.org/portals/seismic/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Magnet Lab - Interactive Java Tutorials
http://www.magnet.fsu.edu/education/tut" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... index.html

Molecular Expressions - Electricity & Magnetism Introduction - Interactive Java Tutorials
http://www.micro.magnet.fsu.edu/electro" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... index.html

Sun-Earth Viewer
http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/sunearthd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... flash.html

Space Weather Media Viewer
http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/spaceweat" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... index.html

Analytical Glow Discharge Spectroscopy
http://www.glow-discharge.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

October 28, 2008 Fireball
http://www.cloudbait.com/science/fireball20081028.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.heliotown.com/Fireballs_Octo ... craft.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yohkoh Science Nuggets [Archive]
http://solar.physics.montana.edu/nuggets/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RHESSI Science Nuggets [Ongoing]
http://sprg.ssl.berkeley.edu/~tohban/nuggets/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

National Radio Astronomy Observatory
http://www.nrao.edu/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Perspectives on Plasmas - the fourth state of matter
http://www.plasmas.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.plasmas.org/plasma-physics.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is another interesting, graphically illustrated demo of finding Birkeland currents (actually, wide current sheets) using the Iridium satellites back in the earlier 2000's. The piggybacking of the experiment onto the Iridium satellites is a pretty neat adventure in itself. The conclusions illustrate that some of NASA's affiliates (in this case Johns Hopkins University) aren't afraid to call things what they are and publish their results. I haven't seen this get much air time, however.

http://dysprosium.jhuapl.edu/introduction.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Awesome Sun website
http://www.thesurfaceofthesun.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

IMAGE Scientific Discoveries
http://image.gsfc.nasa.gov/poetry/IMAGEdisc.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The global science gateway
http://worldwidescience.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

INTEGRATED SPACE WEATHER ANALYSIS SYSTEM
http://iswa.ccmc.gsfc.nasa.gov/iswa/iSWA.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

technical resources on plasma and EM field theory. They may be advanced beyond the layman level, but might still be of use, depending on how much of the material they still make "accessible" to a lay audience...

The Physics of Plasmas
http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/plasma/380.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Electromagnetic Field Theory
http://www.plasma.uu.se/CED/Book/EMFT_Book.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Related bits gleaned from the sites:

Electromagnetism and Optics: An introductory course
http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/302l/302l.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Classical Electromagnetism: An intermediate level course; the entry on magnetic monopoles is informative
http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/em/em.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Classical Electromagnetism: A Graduate Course
http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/jk1/jk1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Plasma Theory Group
http://www.plasma.uu.se/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Swedish Institute of Space Physics - Physics in Space
http://www.physics.irfu.se/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Will update as time permits...

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

Doesn't Dr Velikovsky say that Venus came out of Jupiter? Out of the red spot?

That idea gives new meaning to the following quote.

"Where did the earth come from? From its parent earths." (Heber C. Kimball, JD 6:36, 11/8/1857)

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

mes5464 wrote:Doesn't Dr Velikovsky say that Venus came out of Jupiter? Out of the red spot?
Yep, he sure did.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

This puts myths like Medusa in a new light. Perhaps the myths about turning people into stone was based on what the people actually saw happening around them.

AGalagaChiasmus
captain of 100

Post by AGalagaChiasmus »

Semp

I was having a discussion with my co-workers about the Medal of Honor the US Military awards when I looked up what they look like. I immediately recalled your entirely too-long posts and the pictures in them and saw a similarity with the plasma discharge shapes you've posted:

Especially at the Air Force version (the one that says VALOR).

FWIW

AGalagaChiasmus
captain of 100

Post by AGalagaChiasmus »

Ahem. The middle one that says VALOR. haha

AshleyB
captain of 1,000

Post by AshleyB »

For those of you who are familiar with the shroud of turin I thought this article was interesting in light of this subject. :) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... light.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you are not familiar with the shroud of turin look it up because its pretty neat. I also think there is a history channel documentary on it that can be watched on youtube though the documentary is at least a few years old so it doesn't contain the most up to date information on the shroud.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

A Random Phrase wrote:This puts myths like Medusa in a new light. Perhaps the myths about turning people into stone was based on what the people actually saw happening around them.
The Greek Medusa comes from what the people were seeing when Venus was in one of its "terrifying aspect" phases - the plasma streamers writhed around the planet, making it look like snakes - Venus is always female, so they put the plasma "snakes" in place of her long hair.

Here's an excerpt from Talbott's Thunderbolt's, page 78 (I couldn't get the pictures to transfer) -

http://www.scribd.com/doc/37357807/Talb ... f-the-Gods" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

From Love Goddess to Chaos Monster

The comet-like attributes of Venus will bring us face to face with a mythical figure of vast influence on ancient imagination—the mother goddess. It is indeed an extraordinary fact that of the five visible planets, Venus is the only one that ancient cultures everywhere celebrated as the mother of gods and heroes. A clearly defined pattern of this sort cries out for an explanation, and an explanation is possible when we allow the ancient witnesses to speak for themselves.

What does the often-noted “Terrible Aspect” of the mother goddess signify? The goddess of love and life, when she grows angry, threatens to destroy the world. In Botticelli’s famous painting of Venus, we see nothing of this aspect. Ancient chroniclers, it seems, progressively separated the goddess’ life-giving and monstrous personalities into different mythical figures, reducing the appearance of moral ambiguity. When we trace these figures back to their earliest proto-types, however, there can be no doubt that the two stand side by side as one goddess.

In her terrible aspect, the goddess wears the dress of the comet, including the fiery countenance of a celestial serpent or dragon. The Sumerians revered Venus as the goddess Inanna, the source of life and the glory of heaven. But in her “tempestuous radiance” she provoked only fear. The hymns depict Inanna in the form of a great dragon “raining the fanned fire down upon the nation. “The Babylonians knew the same planet as Ishtar, “who is clothed with fire and bears aloft a crown of awful splendor.” She too became a dragon, bearing the “blazing fire which rains upon the hostile land.” Alter egos of the terrible goddess occur amongst all of the great cultures. The Canaanite Anat, the Greek Medusa, the Hindu Durgaand Kali, along with numerous other early figures of the goddess, enable the investigator to piece together a coherent story, based simply and directly on the remarkable point of agreement between the different cultures.

The terrible goddess shrieked across the sky with flaming or wildly disheveled hair (a global symbol of the comet). She took the form of a celestial torch or flame hurled against the world (another global symbol of the comet). Or she became a howling serpent or dragon (global symbol of the comet par excellence). In this role, the goddess emerged as the hag or witch. In both Mesopotamia and Arabia, Venus was thus “the witch star,” and even the “broom” of the witch is an acknowledged comet symbol.

The story of the terrible goddess finds innumerable archaic references in ancient Egypt, long before the rise of “planets” with their stable orbits. The Egyptian Uraeus-serpent captures all of the nuances of the female serpent or dragon, but without the later planetary associations. In the hieroglyphic language the Uraeus meant nothing else than the mother goddess. A popular Egyptian figure of the Uraeus was the goddess Sekhmet. In a catastrophe that nearly destroyed the world, Sekhmet had taken the form of the fire-spitting serpent. Her countenance was thus likened to a star “scattering its flame in fire... a flame of fire in her tempest.” “The fear of me is in their hearts, and the awe of me is in their hearts,” the goddess proclaimed. In fact, Sekhmet’s biography answers in detail to the biographies of the Near Eastern Venus goddesses, whose later planetary identity is beyond question.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Thanks for that link on the Shroud. That's the way I've always imagined it happened! ;)

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

Thanks, Stella.

SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

Stella Solaris wrote:
A Random Phrase wrote:This puts myths like Medusa in a new light. Perhaps the myths about turning people into stone was based on what the people actually saw happening around them.
The Greek Medusa comes from what the people were seeing when Venus was in one of its "terrifying aspect" phases - the plasma streamers writhed around the planet, making it look like snakes - Venus is always female, so they put the plasma "snakes" in place of her long hair.

Here's an excerpt from Talbott's Thunderbolt's, page 78 (I couldn't get the pictures to transfer) -

http://www.scribd.com/doc/37357807/Talb ... f-the-Gods" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

From Love Goddess to Chaos Monster

The comet-like attributes of Venus will bring us face to face with a mythical figure of vast influence on ancient imagination—the mother goddess. It is indeed an extraordinary fact that of the five visible planets, Venus is the only one that ancient cultures everywhere celebrated as the mother of gods and heroes. A clearly defined pattern of this sort cries out for an explanation, and an explanation is possible when we allow the ancient witnesses to speak for themselves.

What does the often-noted “Terrible Aspect” of the mother goddess signify? The goddess of love and life, when she grows angry, threatens to destroy the world. In Botticelli’s famous painting of Venus, we see nothing of this aspect. Ancient chroniclers, it seems, progressively separated the goddess’ life-giving and monstrous personalities into different mythical figures, reducing the appearance of moral ambiguity. When we trace these figures back to their earliest proto-types, however, there can be no doubt that the two stand side by side as one goddess.

In her terrible aspect, the goddess wears the dress of the comet, including the fiery countenance of a celestial serpent or dragon. The Sumerians revered Venus as the goddess Inanna, the source of life and the glory of heaven. But in her “tempestuous radiance” she provoked only fear. The hymns depict Inanna in the form of a great dragon “raining the fanned fire down upon the nation. “The Babylonians knew the same planet as Ishtar, “who is clothed with fire and bears aloft a crown of awful splendor.” She too became a dragon, bearing the “blazing fire which rains upon the hostile land.” Alter egos of the terrible goddess occur amongst all of the great cultures. The Canaanite Anat, the Greek Medusa, the Hindu Durgaand Kali, along with numerous other early figures of the goddess, enable the investigator to piece together a coherent story, based simply and directly on the remarkable point of agreement between the different cultures.

The terrible goddess shrieked across the sky with flaming or wildly disheveled hair (a global symbol of the comet). She took the form of a celestial torch or flame hurled against the world (another global symbol of the comet). Or she became a howling serpent or dragon (global symbol of the comet par excellence). In this role, the goddess emerged as the hag or witch. In both Mesopotamia and Arabia, Venus was thus “the witch star,” and even the “broom” of the witch is an acknowledged comet symbol.

The story of the terrible goddess finds innumerable archaic references in ancient Egypt, long before the rise of “planets” with their stable orbits. The Egyptian Uraeus-serpent captures all of the nuances of the female serpent or dragon, but without the later planetary associations. In the hieroglyphic language the Uraeus meant nothing else than the mother goddess. A popular Egyptian figure of the Uraeus was the goddess Sekhmet. In a catastrophe that nearly destroyed the world, Sekhmet had taken the form of the fire-spitting serpent. Her countenance was thus likened to a star “scattering its flame in fire... a flame of fire in her tempest.” “The fear of me is in their hearts, and the awe of me is in their hearts,” the goddess proclaimed. In fact, Sekhmet’s biography answers in detail to the biographies of the Near Eastern Venus goddesses, whose later planetary identity is beyond question.

Good observation "A Random Phrase"! And I agree! Great post Stella Solaris. Thus the origins of the dragon.

Just came across this by accident. It's a plasma experiment that shows a plasma (plasmoid) between two points within a tube. Notice the interference pattern and animated "spine"... If these phenomenas happened over a large atmospheric field, I believe people would start talking about "dragons" and "serpents", "scorpions", as already referred to in (plasma) mythology. * between 6:00 and 8:00

Here is a cool images taken from Hubble... (The Abell 370 galaxy cluster)

A closer look..

Or another cool one....

Also, here is this along the lines of Medusa ...

Gen. 19:24; Then the Lord rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven;

Gen. 19: 26; But his wife (Lot's) looked back from behind him, and she became a pillar of salt.

"brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven" these are two common characteristics of planetary catastrophism. Also, pillar of salt.. If this did in fact happen and Lot's wife was turned into pillar of salt, than electricity would be the only explanation for this phenomena.

Here is a pillar that has long been thought to be the remains of Lot’s wife who, according to the Bible, was turned into a pillar of salt for looking back to see God’s judgment on Sodom and Gomorrah.

@Ashley; Very interesting! I didn't know much about the shroud of turin. I knew about it but that video was a good one and informative. But it got my mind flowing with all kinds of possibilities. But for some reason it made me think of Joseph Smith and the visitation of Moroni. Here is Joseph description (small) of Moroni..

"Not only was his robe exceedingly white, but his whole person was glorious beyond description, and his countenance truly like lightning."
http://www.lds.org/library/display/0,49 ... -6,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also in one of his descriptions of the first vision Joseph described the Father and Son countenance as lightning.

AshleyB
captain of 1,000

Post by AshleyB »

Very cool Matt. Interesting descriptions indeed. I also do beleive I have read that looking at lightening is just as harmful as looking at the sun. I beleive I may have even read that lightening is actually brighter than the sun. Sometimes plain truths can be learned from the mouth's of babes. My 3 year old son has always been facinated with lightening. He has a book about it that he loves for us to read to him. During a recent thunder and lightening storm we were watching the lightening and he said. "Look!" Its God's power!" I agreed with him and then he said "Yes!" Lightening is God's Power!" Interesting how a 3 year old can recognize the plain truth of that but sometimes adults can't see those things.

SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

AshleyB wrote:Very cool Matt. Interesting descriptions indeed. I also do believe I have read that looking at lightening is just as harmful as looking at the sun. I believe I may have even read that lightening is actually brighter than the sun. Sometimes plain truths can be learned from the mouth's of babes. My 3 year old son has always been fascinated with lightening. He has a book about it that he loves for us to read to him. During a recent thunder and lightening storm we were watching the lightening and he said. "Look!" Its God's power!" I agreed with him and then he said "Yes!" Lightening is God's Power!" Interesting how a 3 year old can recognize the plain truth of that but sometimes adults can't see those things.
I take it you have taught him about the thunderbolts of the gods? Either way, he at least understands in a way God's power. And you are right how young ones can recognize the plain truth. When I read my scriptures with my niece she is always pointing things out (plain truths) that I would have otherwise overlooked.

I know you live in the Denver area, if you ever visit salt lake and there are thunderstorms in the area you have to take your boy to the great salt lake. It will be an experience you will never forget. Some of the most incredible lightning storm happen out there.

few photos of Great Salt Lake during lightning storm

Few facts;

1.)Nearly 2000 thunderstorm cells are estimated to be present over the planet at any given time.

2.)It is estimated that globally there are 16 million thunderstorms each year.

Wow