Hello From Arizona

Tell us about yourself...
A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Hello From Arizona

Post by A Random Phrase »

Hi, all. I'm living in Arizona. Female. It has been a looong time since I've been on any new boards, so I'm not sure what to say about myself. I'm LDS - lifelong. I look forward to being here.

moonwhim
captain of 1,000

Re: Hello From Arizona

Post by moonwhim »

A Random Phrase wrote:Hi, all. I'm living in Arizona. Female. It has been a looong time since I've been on any new boards, so I'm not sure what to say about myself. I'm LDS - lifelong. I look forward to being here.
Welcome, there is a lot of controversy here but you can also learn quite a bit from it all.
Just jump right in and post, we will certainly get to know you eventually that way.

Squally
captain of 1,000

Post by Squally »

Welcome!!

Rand
captain of 1,000

Post by Rand »

Welcome. I hope your journey here is worthwhile to yourself and others. Feel free to share, and be ready to be challenged... share anyway.

uglypitbull
captain of 1,000

Post by uglypitbull »

Welcome aboard....good to see more folks from AZ finding the site.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

Hi I'm from AZ too :D (Holbrook).

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

Thank you, all, for the welcome.

SmallFarm, I have been to/through Holbrook a few times. The closest to it I have ever lived is Polacca (a few months) or Show Low (a school year at NPC), though. I am in southern AZ right now.

scottja
captain of 100

Post by scottja »

Hello from Gilbert, AZ

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

Hello back. You're closer. I'm in the Safford area.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

A Random Phrase wrote:Hello back. You're closer. I'm in the Safford area.
My brother Abel just moved back here from Safford. Love Mt. Graham, one of the most beautiful places in AZ.

PunaGabe
captain of 100

Post by PunaGabe »

Welcome!! Its always good to here many different points of view. ;)

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

Lots of new folks joining the discussion -- Welcome!

Please jump right in, would you?

1. How do you feel about Ron Paul?

2. How do you feel about a pre-emptive strike on Iran?

3. Have you ever heard of the free-fall drop of WTC7 (for over 100 feet) on 9-11-2001?

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

DrJones wrote:Lots of new folks joining the discussion -- Welcome!

Please jump right in, would you?

1. How do you feel about Ron Paul?
I can't think of a better candidate out of the ones I see today.
DrJones wrote: 2. How do you feel about a pre-emptive strike on Iran?
I think it goes against the Book of Mormon. When the people were gathered together because of the gadianton robbers, they wanted to go into the mountains and attack them. They were told this:
Now the people said unto Gidgiddoni: Pray unto the Lord, and let us go up upon the mountains and into the wilderness, that we may fall upon the robbers and destroy them in their own lands. But Gidgiddoni saith unto them: The Lord forbid; for if we should go up against them the Lord would deliver us into their hands; 3 Nephi 3:20-21
DrJones wrote:3. Have you ever heard of the free-fall drop of WTC7 (for over 100 feet) on 9-11-2001?
Are you speaking of the fact that the building fell as though a demolition crew had put explosives inside? It looked to me like the twin towers fell the same way.

I say this because when I was young, there was a demolition of a building that I watched on tv. The local news thought it would make an interesting story. They explained that the building was going to neatly fall down on itself because of how the explosives were placed (something like that; I don't recall exact words), and it did. It was done like that to protect any buildings around it.

It was a building across the street, south, of the Salt Lake City post office. (I don't know if the SLC po is in the same place; I haven't been there for many years. Fourth South and . . . I think Main Street)

Anyway, I have not come to any conclusions as to who I think was responsible for the Twin Tower/Pentagon attacks, but it was obviously more than just planes that brought all the towers down.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

PLEASE, NO ONE WELCOME THE OP. I'M JUST RESURRECTING THIS THREAD OUT OF NOSTALGIA.

So, from southeastern Arizona to southwestern Utah to southwestern Wyoming. Will Montana or North Dakota be next?

True
captain of 100

Post by True »

Silver Pie wrote: ↑April 17th, 2021, 2:49 pm PLEASE, NO ONE WELCOME THE OP. I'M JUST RESURRECTING THIS THREAD OUT OF NOSTALGIA.

So, from southeastern Arizona to southwestern Utah to southwestern Wyoming. Will Montana or North Dakota be next?
Man, I’ve been in the same place this whole time. You’re getting colder every year. You might want to look at Alaska.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

A Random Phrase wrote: ↑January 12th, 2012, 12:02 am Hi, all. I'm living in Arizona. Female. It has been a looong time since I've been on any new boards, so I'm not sure what to say about myself. I'm LDS - lifelong. I look forward to being here.
Welcome to the awesomest liberty/LDS board on the internets! 😁
Silver Pie wrote: ↑April 17th, 2021, 2:49 pm PLEASE, NO ONE WELCOME THE OP. I'M JUST RESURRECTING THIS THREAD OUT OF NOSTALGIA.

I had to.... You knew someone was gonna do it so I figured might as well be meπŸ˜…πŸ˜‡πŸ˜

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

A Random Phrase wrote: ↑January 12th, 2012, 12:02 am Hi, all. I'm living in Arizona. Female. It has been a looong time since I've been on any new boards, so I'm not sure what to say about myself. I'm LDS - lifelong. I look forward to being here.
Look at you, sharing your pronoun several years ahead of your time. :lol:

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

True wrote: ↑April 17th, 2021, 5:36 pm Man, I’ve been in the same place this whole time. You’re getting colder every year. You might want to look at Alaska.
I'm at the point where I wish I could be in one place for the rest of my life. Though I like Wyoming, I'm not sure this house is it (unless there's a major remodel. Hundred year old houses just keep getting older and older unless you do some drastic things to them).

I'm kind of afraid I'll end up in Alaska. Mosquitos eating you in summer. Freezing in winter. But, boy, what beautiful scenery!

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Cruiserdude wrote: ↑April 17th, 2021, 5:42 pm
Welcome to the awesomest liberty/LDS board on the internets! 😁

I had to.... You knew someone was gonna do it so I figured might as well be meπŸ˜…πŸ˜‡πŸ˜
:joy:

You're right. I knew someone would.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

BeNotDeceived wrote: ↑April 17th, 2021, 6:47 pm Look at you, sharing your pronoun several years ahead of your time. :lol:
:D

emil_cooper_73
captain of 10

Post by emil_cooper_73 »

Hello there! Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing your posts and maybe bumping into you some time. Regards!

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

2012... wasn't that supposed to be the end of time as we knew it? :)

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: ↑April 22nd, 2021, 4:54 pm 2012... wasn't that supposed to be the end of time as we knew it? :)
Yep. That means I never really joined LDSFF (let alone joining again), and none of us are actually having this conversation. :shock:

Theoden76
captain of 100

Post by Theoden76 »

I was born in Scottsdale.

I will soon be returning to the East Valley.

Looking forward to it. But it is nothing like what it used to be.

Hope you find what you are looking for here.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Theoden76 wrote: ↑May 2nd, 2021, 11:40 am
I was born in Scottsdale.

I will soon be returning to the East Valley.

Looking forward to it. But it is nothing like what it used to be.

Hope you find what you are looking for here.
I was living in Graham County when I wrote the op. Great place! I love it. (I've also lived in Mesa, Tempe, Show Low, Polacca, Coconino County, and Mohave County.)