Hello From Arizona

Tell us about yourself...
Theoden76
captain of 100

Re: Hello From Arizona

Post by Theoden76 »

Silver Pie wrote: May 2nd, 2021, 5:20 pm
Theoden76 wrote: May 2nd, 2021, 11:40 am
A Random Phrase wrote: January 12th, 2012, 12:02 am Hi, all. I'm living in Arizona. Female. It has been a looong time since I've been on any new boards, so I'm not sure what to say about myself. I'm LDS - lifelong. I look forward to being here.
I was born in Scottsdale.

I will soon be returning to the East Valley.

Looking forward to it. But it is nothing like what it used to be.

Hope you find what you are looking for here.
I was living in Graham County when I wrote the op. Great place! I love it. (I've also lived in Mesa, Tempe, Show Low, Polacca, Coconino County, and Mohave County.)
You've been around !

We moved from Scottsdale to Sedona when I was in High School.

I was very upset.

I had to go to High School in Cottonwood.

Sedona was very nice.

I love going back there.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Theoden76 wrote: May 2nd, 2021, 8:12 pm You've been around !

I was very upset.

Sedona was very nice.

I love going back there.
Yes. I've probably moved at least as many times as I am years old (if you count the week or two my mom and I lived in a house that was partially built. We moved because a pack rat and a skunk considered it their own place).

We had a family reunion in Sedona. It was quite beautiful there.

Theoden76
captain of 100

Post by Theoden76 »

Silver Pie wrote: May 2nd, 2021, 8:50 pm
Theoden76 wrote: May 2nd, 2021, 8:12 pm You've been around !

I was very upset.

Sedona was very nice.

I love going back there.
Yes. I've probably moved at least as many times as I am years old (if you count the week or two my mom and I lived in a house that was partially built. We moved because a pack rat and a skunk considered it their own place).

We had a family reunion in Sedona. It was quite beautiful there.
I am grateful to be from Arizona.

It has so much to offer.

But, I don't think I could move that much !!!!!

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Theoden76 wrote: May 2nd, 2021, 9:11 pm
I am grateful to be from Arizona.

It has so much to offer.

But, I don't think I could move that much !!!!!
I first moved to Arizona when I was 29 and quickly adopted it as my home state. Circumstances moved me to Utah, and now to Wyoming. I'm content to stay in Wyoming if that's what God wants (and it has no state income tax or food tax, so that's a bonus), but if he moved me back to Arizona, I'd take it in a heartbeat. It's beautiful. Except for the Navajo reservation, it knows what time it really is year round. And it speaks to my soul.

There's a community college in Graham County that one can attend for nothing (or could when I lived there) if one is over a certain age (I don't recall the age off-hand, but it is over 50). Problem is, you have to buy your own books and supplies, and can't audit anything (if you audit, you pay full price).

As far as moving, I sometimes wonder if I have a Mormon curse. :joy: The early saints were constantly moving, and Brigham kept them doing that (including my ancestors), so I guess it got in the blood and some of us just don't know how to stop having experiences that cause us to move a lot (and, sometimes, it's a choice). I'm getting old and tired now. I just want one place to live out the rest of my life (and it isn't this house; The heat is electric and costs nearly as much as rent in the winter. Newer house. Better insulation. Gas heat with wood back up).