can only be discerned by purer eyes

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
BeNotDeceived
Agent38

can only be discerned by purer eyes

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Genesis 9

12 And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:
13 I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.
14 And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud:
15 And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.
16 And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.
17 And God said unto Noah, This is the token of the covenant, which I have established between me and all flesh that is upon the earth.

Verse 14 clearly states that seeing the bow shall come to pass. From vrs 13 "I do set my bow in the cloud" doesn't seem to preclude that the bow wasn't there prior to the flood?

Also consider Section 131

7 There is no such thing as immaterial matter. All spirit is matter, but it is more fine or pure, and can only be discerned by purer eyes;

8 We cannot see it; but when our bodies are purified we shall see that it is all matter.

Was the appearance of the rainbow a change in the light bending properties of water? Consider that as we now cannot see spirits and whether a color-blind person would perceive a rainbow?

Green is one color used in the bible prior to the great flood, but recently I read http://www.oliversacks.com/books/island ... olorblind/ where some color perceptions are described without color vision. Gold is also described, but gold has distinct properties aside from it's color. What other colors are referenced prior to the great flood?

Colors may also be described as being discerned by purer eyes. Would a change wrought in Noah and his family have provided them the ability to see what had always been there?

NoGreaterLove
captain of 1,000

Re: can only be discerned by purer eyes

Post by NoGreaterLove »

Wow, when you said with purer eyes, I really took a look at it. I saw some things that are very symbolic and representative of Christ coming in the clouds.

mattctr
captain of 100

Post by mattctr »

Interesting to ponder. Thanks for posting.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

NoGreaterLove wrote:Wow, when you said with purer eyes, I really took a look at it. I saw some things that are very symbolic and representative of Christ coming in the clouds.
Radio telescopes see right through clouds and x-rays being of short wavelength see through what we think of as solid objects. Knowing this scripture was written when it was almost made my investigation into the church a no-brainer. How have you related it to Christs coming in the clouds?

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

mattctr wrote:Interesting to ponder. Thanks for posting.
Lifespans before the flood were 900+ years. It would be interesting to determine how quickly they decreased over time? Pure speculation at this point, but something to think about. :-?

sbsion
captain of 1,000

Post by sbsion »

it's just like polygamy, DISCERNMENT is an intelligences "factor", "..one above another..." Truth always exist, just discover it (if you can)