As You Think, So Are You

Alternative/natural solution-based discussions of topics like health, medicine, science, food, etc.
Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

As You Think, So Are You

Post by Thinker »

It is obvious that genetics and life-style choices play a significant role in health conditions.
Still, it is also obvious how what we think, and subsequent e-motions, affects us physically - ie getting tense shoulders and a head ache when thinking thoughts that cause us to feel stress... or how cleansed we feel after a good laugh.

Some, have researched possible metaphysical causes of illness and wrote related affirmations for health.
I have found these helpful to supplement other healthy choices.

http://www.vitalaffirmations.com/health ... ations.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Please remember this is NOT a substitute for needed medical attention. It is like just one piece of the health puzzle.)

sbsion
captain of 1,000

Re: As You Think, So Are You

Post by sbsion »

Intelligences have always existed, we are what we think we are in manifestations

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

sbsion wrote:Intelligences have always existed, we are what we think we are in manifestations
Simple but significant point, Sbsion.
I also like your signature quote: "There are no mysteries, only undiscovered truths, have you found one today?"

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

After watching this clip by Dr. Bruce Lipton, I realized and felt the spirit how truly amazing human conception, pregnancy and birth are! Emotion travels through our blood - so babies in utero feel as their mothers do and begin being aware of their fathers’ voice and other things. Environment - including thoughts - has influence on our genetics!
https://youtu.be/io7of-OVQRo

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

I think there's a very real power in one's mind. I've heard of people being healed simply because they believe it absolutely, with no reservations, for example. I'm still exploring how much it can change my life/health/circumstances. Oftentimes old beliefs die hard, if they die at all.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Silver Pie wrote: February 24th, 2020, 9:05 pm I think there's a very real power in one's mind. I've heard of people being healed simply because they believe it absolutely, with no reservations, for example. I'm still exploring how much it can change my life/health/circumstances. Oftentimes old beliefs die hard, if they die at all.
I’m working on that too. A couple things I learned:
*Affirmations must be believable, so you might have to start “small” then build up.
*Before and after sleep are the more receptive times.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

I have learned that the affirmation has to have a certain "feel" to work for me. I think it's a believability factor, to be sure. Not something I currently am, or am able to do, but my mind latches onto the phrase or sentence as if it hungers for what it says. Like we are two puzzle pieces that need to actually fit for the words to have power to change me/my life.

XEmilyX
captain of 1,000

Post by XEmilyX »

Thoughts are words which become emotions and then become actions.
Beliefs determines most of your consistent feelings. If you consistently believe negative things, consistent negative emotions happen.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

So true, Emily.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Metaphysical light bulb moment! :idea:

Previous blood work revealed a subtle auto-immune disorder - besides food sensitivities & seasonal allergies. My guess is many people struggle similarly because of toxins in food etc., & immunity is 80% in the gut.

In studying root causes of auto immune disorder, I came across this...

”But in an autoimmune disorder, there’s a disruption in the line of communication that your body relies on to differentiate between “self” and “non-self.” And this miscommunication causes your immune system to malfunction – mistakenly attacking not only invading microorganisms but also your own cells and tissues.”
https://www.jillcarnahan.com/2021/01/18 ... oimmunity/

As explained in the article above, multiple factors tend to contribute to dis-ease, however one factor that I think is often overlooked is the metaphysical (mind-body) influence. I grew up co-dependent, not really distinguishing between others & myself. Not knowing what I felt & mistakenly believing I was to blame for all problems - I took the natural resulting anger inward - which is depress-ion.

Again, diet is a major aspect, & there are others - including psychological patterns that need correcting. The greatest commandments are wise - love God, others & self. Don't forget the self - the vessel through which everything else comes! Be for you - not against you. Commit to yourself - to bettering yourself. That is the necessary way to love God & others well.

mahalanobis
captain of 1,000

Post by mahalanobis »

Thinker wrote: January 19th, 2021, 10:55 am Metaphysical light bulb moment! :idea:

Previous blood work revealed a subtle auto-immune disorder - besides food sensitivities & seasonal allergies. My guess is many people struggle similarly because of toxins in food etc., & immunity is 80% in the gut.

In studying root causes of auto immune disorder, I came across this...

”But in an autoimmune disorder, there’s a disruption in the line of communication that your body relies on to differentiate between “self” and “non-self.” And this miscommunication causes your immune system to malfunction – mistakenly attacking not only invading microorganisms but also your own cells and tissues.”
https://www.jillcarnahan.com/2021/01/18 ... oimmunity/

As explained in the article above, multiple factors tend to contribute to dis-ease, however one factor that I think is often overlooked is the metaphysical (mind-body) influence. I grew up co-dependent, not really distinguishing between others & myself. Not knowing what I felt & mistakenly believing I was to blame for all problems - I took the natural resulting anger inward - which is depress-ion.

Again, diet is a major aspect, & there are others - including psychological patterns that need correcting. The greatest commandments are wise - love God, others & self. Don't forget the self - the vessel through which everything else comes! Be for you - not against you. Commit to yourself - to bettering yourself. That is the necessary way to love God & others well.
Yes, agreed.

Trauma (even self abuse, or negative thinking) will eventually cause:
* allergies, which is an unnecessary survival response to outward things
AND/OR
* auto-immune disorders, which is an unnecessary survival response to inward things... could even be one's own body rejecting key hormones that IT makes.

The interesting thing is that these are then passed on to children, so scientists assume it's DNA. Then they peach that DNA can't be changed (naturally). The scientists are wrong on one or the other, maybe both.

There is a spiritual component to these disorders. Now, that doesn't mean that righteous=healthy and wicked=sick. There are spiritual things going on that are oftentimes unrelated to one's righteousness... rather are a byproduct of life experiences (trauma, stress, etc) but it's still of the spiritual realm.

Baysimove
captain of 100

Post by Baysimove »

Is thinking about something actually claiming it?

Rumpelstiltskin
captain of 1,000

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

Thinker wrote: December 30th, 2011, 9:00 am It is obvious that genetics and life-style choices play a significant role in health conditions.
Still, it is also obvious how what we think, and subsequent e-motions, affects us physically - ie getting tense shoulders and a head ache when thinking thoughts that cause us to feel stress... or how cleansed we feel after a good laugh.

Some, have researched possible metaphysical causes of illness and wrote related affirmations for health.

http://www.vitalaffirmations.com/health ... ations.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Please remember this is NOT a substitute for needed medical attention. It is like just one piece of the health puzzle.)
THE PROPHET ON OLD HOUSES

When the Saints moved to Nauvoo or Commerce, as it was then called, it might be called a deserted town, or partly so at least, as there were many empty houses, mostly built of logs and had stood so long that the mud had fallen from the spaces between them.
The Saints just driven from Missouri were glad to get such shelter as those old houses would afford, and they were all soon filled, sometimes two and three families in one house. Some houses had no floors, some no doors. Soon the inmates became sick— sickness increased until Joseph began to be alarmed and saw something very unusual in the new affliction. He looked into the matter as only a Seer and Prophet could look. He saw the trouble and where it came from. Those houses had been dens of iniquity. He instituted means to empty them again
by moving the people into tents and doubling up families in better houses. My father's family he took into his own house and tent.
I once heard him say concerning houses that had been inhabited by wicked people, that before the Saints moved into them they should be thoroughly cleansed, then fumigated with brimstone and whitewash. Afterward there should be a season of prayer in the house, and it should be dedicated unto the Lord for the use they designed it.
Those old houses had been owned or occupied by wicked, unprincipled men, gamblers, outlaws, licentious robbers, etc., and those that were of the same stamp had met there for evil practices and criminal purposes and there carried on their orgies. While this was the pastime or work of men and women in bodies, disembodied spirits of the same ilk stood around in highest glee and in various ways manifested to one another their enjoyment of the performance of the vilest of sins.
When the owners or occupants of the houses were dead, they enjoyed each other's society with their new pals in the spirit state, and when the righteous took possession of their old houses, all combined to kill the new inhabitants, and hence so much sickness—for all evil spirits, whether in the body or out of the body, are opposed to this work and this people, and the spirits in the spirit world have means by which they can affect people on earth, and are as diligent there as here to do good or evil.

Oliver B. Huntington
The Young Woman’s Journal, Vol 2, No 10, Jul 1891, p 467

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Rumpelstiltskin wrote: February 18th, 2021, 1:32 pm
Thinker wrote: December 30th, 2011, 9:00 am It is obvious that genetics and life-style choices play a significant role in health conditions.

THE PROPHET ON OLD HOUSES

When the Saints moved to Nauvoo or Commerce, as it was then called, it might be called a deserted town, or partly so at least, as there were many empty houses, mostly built of logs and had stood so long that the mud had fallen from the spaces between them.
The Saints just driven from Missouri were glad to get such shelter as those old houses would afford, and they were all soon filled, sometimes two and three families in one house. Some houses had no floors, some no doors. Soon the inmates became sick— sickness increased until Joseph began to be alarmed and saw something very unusual in the new affliction. He looked into the matter as only a Seer and Prophet could look. He saw the trouble and where it came from. Those houses had been dens of iniquity. He instituted means to empty them again
by moving the people into tents and doubling up families in better houses. My father's family he took into his own house and tent.
I once heard him say concerning houses that had been inhabited by wicked people, that before the Saints moved into them they should be thoroughly cleansed, then fumigated with brimstone and whitewash. Afterward there should be a season of prayer in the house, and it should be dedicated unto the Lord for the use they designed it.
Those old houses had been owned or occupied by wicked, unprincipled men, gamblers, outlaws, licentious robbers, etc., and those that were of the same stamp had met there for evil practices and criminal purposes and there carried on their orgies. While this was the pastime or work of men and women in bodies, disembodied spirits of the same ilk stood around in highest glee and in various ways manifested to one another their enjoyment of the performance of the vilest of sins.
When the owners or occupants of the houses were dead, they enjoyed each other's society with their new pals in the spirit state, and when the righteous took possession of their old houses, all combined to kill the new inhabitants, and hence so much sickness—for all evil spirits, whether in the body or out of the body, are opposed to this work and this people, and the spirits in the spirit world have means by which they can affect people on earth, and are as diligent there as here to do good or evil.

Oliver B. Huntington
The Young Woman’s Journal, Vol 2, No 10, Jul 1891, p 467
I do believe that there are spirits that can influence us, & some seem to be still attached to earthly pursuits. Prayers, blessings and the like, can dispel unhealthy spirits.

It’s strange to wonder how it all works, since in this life, one’s body is the filter by which we consider it all. Seems likely the culmination of thoughts, feelings, habits/attachments or ability to let go - play parts.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Thinker wrote: January 2nd, 2012, 8:50 am
sbsion wrote:Intelligences have always existed, we are what we think we are in manifestations
I also like your signature quote: "There are no mysteries, only undiscovered truths, have you found one today?"
Nothing today, but yesterday was awesome !

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

Its more or less the Placibo effect. Though there may be more to it than that, I suspect there are upper limits to the positive effect it can have on your body, but not lower limits as to what it can do to degrade your body over time if you think negatively...

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

Durzan wrote: February 19th, 2021, 6:17 am Its more or less the Placibo effect. Though there may be more to it than that, I suspect there are upper limits to the positive effect it can have on your body, but not lower limits as to what it can do to degrade your body over time if you think negatively...
And yet placebo effect is actually a real thing. It's not simply imagined, or rather imagined for all intents and purposes become real.
I find it interesting that you place an upper limit on the good it can do but not a lower limit on the bad it can do. As a man thinketh, so is he indeed. (That's not intended as a personal jab, it is merely an observation that with almost any belief we construct a framework that often comes to define it.) Is it not possible you experience an upper limit because you mentally expect there to be one? Why would the Lord create a ceiling and not a floor? If anything, I would believe a loving Father would do the opposite.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

Original_Intent wrote: February 19th, 2021, 7:07 am
Durzan wrote: February 19th, 2021, 6:17 am Its more or less the Placibo effect. Though there may be more to it than that, I suspect there are upper limits to the positive effect it can have on your body, but not lower limits as to what it can do to degrade your body over time if you think negatively...
And yet placebo effect is actually a real thing. It's not simply imagined, or rather imagined for all intents and purposes become real.
I find it interesting that you place an upper limit on the good it can do but not a lower limit on the bad it can do. As a man thinketh, so is he indeed. (That's not intended as a personal jab, it is merely an observation that with almost any belief we construct a framework that often comes to define it.) Is it not possible you experience an upper limit because you mentally expect there to be one? Why would the Lord create a ceiling and not a floor? If anything, I would believe a loving Father would do the opposite.
No its practicality. Negativity can literally slowly kill someone overtime indirectly (such as by triggering additional stress on the body and mind), therefore there is no floor as to the eventual harm it can cause. Heck its been fairly well documented that stress can cause the body to effectively age faster over time (up to a point anyway), or at least shave off how long you can live before dying of old age. The reverse, however, hasn't been documented as far as I am aware. Positivity can reverse, prevent, and mitigate negative effects caused or heighted by negative outlooks and attitudes, but generally speaking they don't outright generate positive effects that actually make someone significantly healthier overall. They're preventative and minorly boosting, not overpowering.

Again, this is based on my understanding of whats been observed and documented. Not based on conjecture and religious assumption.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

Durzan wrote: February 19th, 2021, 7:17 am
No its practicality. Negativity can literally slowly kill someone overtime indirectly (such as by triggering additional stress on the body and mind), therefore there is no floor as to the eventual harm it can cause. Heck its been fairly well documented that stress can cause the body to effectively age faster over time (up to a point anyway), or at least shave off how long you can live before dying of old age. The reverse, however, hasn't been documented as far as I am aware. Positivity can reverse, prevent, and mitigate negative effects caused or heighted by negative outlooks and attitudes, but generally speaking they don't outright generate positive effects that actually make someone significantly healthier overall. They're preventative and minorly boosting, not overpowering.

Again, this is based on my understanding of whats been observed and documented. Not based on conjecture and religious assumption.
Fair enough. My religious assumption would be that translation or being quickened as John the Beloved, the Three Nephites, etc. would be "religious assumption" examples of those who have literally overcome death. One might argue that this "gift" was bestowed upon them, and that is fair enough, but even such gifts are based upon eternal laws.

Somewhat tongue in cheek I would say that being born slowly kills us over time. SOMEWHAT. If something slowly killing you over time is how you define having "no lower limits" I suppose there isn't an argument to be made other than to question that premise.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

BeNotDeceived wrote: February 18th, 2021, 8:52 pm
What symbolic significance do you see in numbers like, 2, 4, 1,000 etc?

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

It’s one of those seemingly super-natural phenomena that is constantly happening - deep, ingrained beliefs are affecting physiology. It’s both objectively true (med effectiveness is studied with placebo) & subjectively true... what works for 1 doesn’t work for another.

I’m not prepared to offer a good debate, but it seems that principles of opposition (ie., beliefs working for or against us) may be tilted - but if so, toward GOoD, since God is the source of all.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

We’re on the same page again, OI. I wrote what I just did, before I read your post.

I’d like to bounce something off you. It’s something that has been bouncing around in my mind for a while. This reminded me of it:
  • ”Just as the living body with its special characteristics is a system of functions for adapting to environmental conditions, so the psyche must exhibit organs or functional systems that correspond to regular physical events. By this I do not mean sense-functions dependent on organs, but rather a sort of psychic parallel to regular physical occurrences.” - Carl Jung
Psych-ology = “study of the soul” - which seems to have happen by the looks of old paintings of people with halos over or around their heads. What would the spirit/psyche be like, if “as above so below” - if our bodies are a reflection of our spirits?

This is just brainstorming, though I felt the spirit about #1 & 9...
Body systems and possible spiritual equivalent:

1) Cardiovascular... God, continual heart-beat
2) Digestive... processing, Wrestling out good from waste, repent, forgive, absorbing & letting go
3) Endocrine... Emotions
4) Immune/Lymphatic... Discernment & Spiritual Warrior
5) Integumentary... Empathy

6) Muscular... Motivation
7) Nervous... Thoughts
8) Reproductive... Will/ Implementation
9) Respiratory... Renewing the Spirit
10) Skeletal... Memories/Framework

Any ideas or thoughts as to other possibilities etc?

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Durzan wrote: February 19th, 2021, 7:17 amNo its practicality. Negativity can literally slowly kill someone overtime indirectly (such as by triggering additional stress on the body and mind), therefore there is no floor as to the eventual harm it can cause. Heck its been fairly well documented that stress can cause the body to effectively age faster over time (up to a point anyway), or at least shave off how long you can live before dying of old age. The reverse, however, hasn't been documented as far as I am aware. Positivity can reverse, prevent, and mitigate negative effects caused or heighted by negative outlooks and attitudes, but generally speaking they don't outright generate positive effects that actually make someone significantly healthier overall. They're preventative and minorly boosting, not overpowering.

We are definitely designed to be much more sensitive to threats/poison than good/pleasure. And I do believe we are limited (that belief itself could limit me :) ). Each has its season.

Isn’t death a negative limit? What would be the positive limit?
...Now that’s something to explore!!

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

I watched Cipher in the Snow, so I know little boys can just kill over dead when they think they are worthless.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Thinker wrote: February 19th, 2021, 3:52 pm
BeNotDeceived wrote: February 18th, 2021, 8:52 pm
What symbolic significance do you see in numbers like, 2, 4, 1,000 etc?
https://freestockphotos.com/COMING1/203 ... Coming.htm 
1. The Prophet Hosea wrote of the Lord’s second coming:  “I will go away and return to My place until they acknowledge their guilt and seek My face”...He will revive us after two days; He will raise us up on the third day. Hosea 5:15-6:3.
2. Answering last days skeptics who will cry, “Where is the promise of His coming?” the Apostle Peter stated, ...with the Lord one day is like a thousand years and a thousand years like one day.  II Peter 3:4,8.
3. Jesus stayed with the Samaritan woman, who was a prophetic type of the Church, for two days. And after two days He went forth from there... John 4:40.
4. Jesus deliberately remained two days before crossing the Jordan to raise Lazarus. He then stayed two days longer in the place where He was. John 11:6.  Crossing the Jordan into Israel is a prophetic type of the Second Coming.
5. The Good Samaritan, a prophetic type of Christ, gave the innkeeper two dinarii to care for the wounded man, promising to return and settle the account. Equaling two day’s wages or two days stay at an inn, the two dinarii may be a prophetic type of the two “days” that would pass until the Lord returns.
6. If the Church age is prophesied to last 2,000 years, which began with the day of Pentecost, which most scholars calculate to be in 30 AD, then the return of Christ will be in 2030. See the chart:  Dates for the birth and death/resurrection of Jesus.
7. Mankind seems to have been given 7 “days,” or seven thousand years from Adam until the completion of human history on the judgment day. From Adam to Abraham was about 2,000 years, from Abraham to Christ was about 2,000 years, and the Messianic age when Christ rules on earth is a Sabbath “day” of 1,000 years. This leaves no more than 2,000 years for the Church age to be completed before the Second Coming, reinforcing the prophetic type of 2,000 year “days” as Hosea and John seem to also predict.
8. A Jubilee for Israel occurs every 49 years (7x7 years). The Jubilee is a year of restoration, when slaves were set free, each family returned to their property and the land was rested (Leviticus 25:8-11). In 2023 there will have been a total of 70 jubilees since Israel crossed the Jordan into the Promised Land in 1406 BC:* 7x7x70=3430-1406=2024-1=2023+7=2030 (there is no year 0, so we subtract 1 year* from 2024). In other words, 70 Jubilees plus 7 will  mark the year of Christ’s Second Coming (7x7x70+7) in 2030.
9. 2023 marks 70 Jubilees since the battle of Jericho in 1406 BC when Rahab, a prophetic type of the Church, was taken out following the 7th trumpet on the 7th day of battle. Fulfilling this prophetic type, the Tribulation will begin 70 Jubilees after the battle of Jericho and will last 7 years after which the Church will also be taken out (raptured) at the 7th trumpet in the year 2030 or after 7X7X70+7 years.
http://www.freestockphotos.com/COMING1/ ... thCalS.jpg is the url of the chart, but now it says access is forbidden. #2 was central to my 7rys prosperity hypothesis beginning in April 2017, and ending ≈ 4/8/24. This is now understood to likely be ≈ 7 and 14 years after the seventh seal opened in 2010.

There's a pretty good list about the number 2 & 1,000 which is understood as a Kolob/Earth time conversion factor. viewtopic.php?f=10&t=51962&p=1110217&hi ... h#p1110217 is a recent post about 28, which is four times seven.

ge01 == viewtopic.php?p=1110357#p1110357 shows a scan of said chart.