Lundbaek

Tell us about yourself...
JK4Woods
captain of 1,000

Re: Lundbaek

Post by JK4Woods »

lundbaek wrote: March 8th, 2021, 5:03 pm Over 60 "views" and only 1 reply to my request for suggestions that I can pass along to the writer of the note that I posted on Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:52 am that some of you write a brief reply of your own opinion so I can compile and send them back to him. C'mon, guys.
We are truly in a time when things will be turned upside down. No more cushy jobs, 401k's stock market funds, well stocked supermarkets and gas stations ably willing to take plastic as a form of payment. and dreams of easy retirement on a golf course or touring the country in an RV, jetting hither and yon to grandkids baptizims and elementary school plays.

I used to hope for Trump to "Drain the Swamp" and bring justice (and punishment) to the Deep State.
Turned out the swamp was deep and wide. And the "weather" not helping, so off he goes, election fraud aside, to Mar a Lago to watch the Progressive Left destroy our country.

Not even the Supreme Court has stood up and remained steadfast in their duties.
Corrupt Judges are everywhere.

Coincidentally, being in the fourth generation since the restoration brings with it the same kind of effect as the fourth generation from the Savior's visit to the promised land.

So while I had hoped for a reprieve of ten to twenty years of more good times, I can see that its more likely that the prophecies and visions regarding the last days be fulfilled.

Who knows how long it may take for complete societal collapse and for the evil to be swept off the land. Maybe with modern technology, it'll be a matter of a couple years. But maybe not, maybe it'll take decades of increasingly rebelliousness against the principles of righteousness before the land is cleansed.

I am not certain if the degradation and failure here in this country will be concurrent, with what happens in Israel in the last days.
Could be they are connected.... "The armies of Gog will come out of the north..." and Armageddon will occur over there, possibly after America has been destroyed because of wickedness, that no allied response on the part of America can be sent to help Israel out of that jam.

So the Church needs to navigate these stormy waters, setting course toward its destination. The Church may change its course six ways from last Sunday, depending on circumstances, and revelation (and some would say... whim). I'm not to worried about how the general leadership seems at times to do things to appease the powers that be on this mortal orb.

My job is to be worthy all the way to the end. Repentant, and living the Golden Rule to the best of my ability.
Dying is not a hardship, and it really doesn't matter if I go out by car crash, Covid-19, or shrapnel tearing thru my brain during a battle in the last days. Makes no difference to me. I will graduate from this mortality and move beyond the veil when it's my time to go. I just hope I've been pulling A's and B's, and not living a D- or F type of life.

That's the beauty of the Gospel/Human Mortality Plan... Makes no difference when you were born on the face of the earth, or when you die, just how you behaved.
Makes no difference whether you were rich or poor, or what profession you practiced. Just how honest and humble of heart your are.

So be awake, ready to join righteousness and lift where you stand. Be pure of heart. This will be your protection in the turmoil of the last days, because it won't be pretty, and it won't be cut & dried, or black & white, easy to see who are the good guys vs the bad guys. We'll be on both sides in this war. Just have your heart pure, and you'll exit this mortal probation in an OK eternal state.

True
captain of 100

Post by True »

lundbaek wrote: March 8th, 2021, 5:03 pm Over 60 "views" and only 1 reply to my request for suggestions that I can pass along to the writer of the note that I posted on Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:52 am that some of you write a brief reply of your own opinion so I can compile and send them back to him. C'mon, guys.
Well, right now on Mesa the city council just passed a non discrimination ordinance that a group is working on getting enough signatures to send it to the ballot where the citizens will overturn it. Those violating the vague and broad terms of the ordinance are fined up to $2500 for activities such as:
Excluding biological men from a women’s domestic violence shelter
Operating a women’s sports league that doesn’t allow biological males.
Protecting the safety of girls and women in locker rooms, bathrooms and showers
Making private decisions regarding transgender issues in business, housing and facilities.

We only have 22 days left to do it. We need 13,000 signatures. If he is 18 he can collect signatures and even get paid to do it. Or maybe he can help a parent or sibling if he is too young. He can also earn money and donate to the cause. He cannot effect national politics right now. He can start at home and join in the fight against this type of evil.

If he is interested he can reach out to George Khalaf at: [email protected]

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

True wrote: March 8th, 2021, 8:09 pm
Well, right now on Mesa the city council just passed a non discrimination ordinance that a group is working on getting enough signatures to send it to the ballot where the citizens will overturn it. Those violating the vague and broad terms of the ordinance are fined up to $2500 for activities such as:
Making private decisions regarding transgender issues in business, housing and facilities.

We only have 22 days left to do it. We need 13,000 signatures. If he is 18 he can collect signatures and even get paid to do it. Or maybe he can help a parent or sibling if he is too young. He can also earn money and donate to the cause. He cannot effect national politics right now. He can start at home and join in the fight against this type of evil.

22 days is long gone. Did you get the signatures?

True
captain of 100

Post by True »

Silver Pie wrote: April 22nd, 2021, 10:18 pm

Yes!! We needed 9,000 and we got 11,500ish. The city is working hard right now I’m trying to disqualify signatures but hopefully we got enough valid signatures to put it on the ballot!!

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

True wrote: April 23rd, 2021, 5:20 pm hopefully we got enough valid signatures to put it on the ballot!!
I hope so, too.

True
captain of 100

Post by True »

True wrote: April 23rd, 2021, 5:20 pm
Silver Pie wrote: April 22nd, 2021, 10:18 pm

Yes!! We needed 9,000 and we got 11,500ish. The city is working hard right now on trying to disqualify signatures but hopefully we got enough valid signatures to put it on the ballot!!

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

One thing I can testify of with complete confidence is that the Book of Mormon is, primarily, a compilation of messages that testify of the divinity of Jesus the Christ and His Gospel. But among other messages it reveals the design and will of our Heavenly Father concerning our “free exercise of conscience, the right and control of property, and the protection of life”, as explained in the 134th Section of the Doctrine and Covenants.

And another thing I can testify of with complete confidence is the existence of a secret combination (actually, no longer so secret) about which Moroni told us in Chapter 8 of the Book of Ether, verses 20-26, that the Lord commands us to awake to the existence of, and told us to “suffer not that these murderous combinations shall get above you which are built up to get power and gain”.

JK4Woods
captain of 1,000

Post by JK4Woods »

I don’t usually quote scripture, but following up on a re-reading of Ether 8, and this mornings perusal of D&C 38 brought to the forefront of my mind these clear warnings:
(Speaking of Secret Combinations of Evil which get above us):

“…the blood of his saints, which shall be shed by them…” (Ether 8:22)
[Seems to indicate blood of the Saints will be shed by the corrupt powers that be].

“and the work, even the work of destruction come upon you,” (Ether 8:23) ”yea, even the sword of the justice of the Eternal God shall fall upon you, to your overthrow and destruction if ye shall suffer these things to be.” [Seems to plainly say that we will have destruction come upon us; and are at fault for not stopping or combatting the evil combinations as they consolidate power, and Justice shall punish us too].

“For all flesh is corrupted before me; and the powers of darkness prevail upon the earth, among the children of men, in the presence of all the hosts of heaven” (D&C 38:11)
[Acknowledgment that powers of darkness prevail upon the earth and surround even the hosts of heaven. This seems to key off of when HF bade Lucifer to “Depart!” but left him around on earth to trip up and temp humankind].

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

This is what I sent to our stake president, bishop, and EQ President today.

President Oaks told us in the recent Conference that "We should learn and advocate the inspired principles of the Constitution.” May I suggest that the stake presidency authorize each ward leadership to encourage and assist in the calling of instructors, and in providing a suitable location in each of the ward buildings for Constitution study classes.

I suggest the materials for teaching the Constitution come from the scriptures, words and writings of those we have sustained as prophets, seers, and revelators, and the writings of the inspired Founders that God raised up to write the American Declaration of Independence and the Constitution.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I note there is concern among some LDSFF members about what seems to be failure of Church authorities to detect evil and/or errors that one might think could and should have been revealed by the Holy Spirit and corrected before any damage was done. I feel impressed to briefly, without great detail, share some of my experiences and observations on this matter.

For nearly 3 years, 1972-1974, I worked as the Supervisor of the European Microfilming Operations for the Genealogical Society, HQ'd in Frankfurt/M, W. Germany.

My own experiences include promptings to hire certain persons, and also to not hire certain persons. I experienced promptings to take certain actions that greatly expedited the filming of the records, and to prevent the loss of a large shipment of films. Yet, there was one situation in which for several months blurred images got by the inspection process undetected in SLC because of human failure. This loss cost thousands of dollars to re-film all the records, many of which were kept in various locations. The photographer had been for months misinformed about the success of an unusual filming procedure she was using. My management in SLC wanted to penalize her. I vehemently disagreed, defended her, and advised her to quit.

I became aware of a long term embezzlement that occurred in SLC that seemingly should have been caught much sooner than it was.

In dealing with a relatively short filming project in Denmark, I tried my best to get one of my area supervisors to set it up and help the photographer with logistics issues. I did not want to neglect my own responsibilities by spending time in Denmark when I had the usual run of sometimes challenging concerns in Germany, Holland, Belgium, France, Switzerland, England, Ireland, and Italy. Finally, all I could do was to grudgingly go to Denmark for a total of 3+ weeks to assist the filming project. While there, during a Church district conference, a lady sitting nest to me offered to translate for me. My first reply amounted to no thanks. But then I took a second look and took her up on it. Several months later we were married - and still are 48 years later.

While on our couples mission in Denmark 2001-2003 an old chapel in Copenhagen was being converted into what is now the Copenhagen Temple. Errors in planning put the completion further behind schedule in 2003 than when we arrived in 2001.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

lundbaek wrote: November 5th, 2019, 9:20 pm A while ago, as I understand, the Governor of Utah and the Mayor of SLC each personally invited the United Nations to hold its recent conference in SLC. Very recently it was alleged by one of my most reliable sources of info on current events that certain "Church leaders" suggested to the governor that he invite President Trump to send more refugees to Utah. I strongly suspect that the First Presidency was very much behind both of those actions. I can only guess the reasons, both intended to help the Church achieve its main mission goals.

Initially, I was very much opposed to the (or any) UN event being held in Utah (or anywhere in the USA for that matter) and I have been vehemently opposed to the bringing of more refugees into any location in the USA. I am no "yes man", but I find myself now doing a re-think of my positions on these things because I still believe it is the latter-day gadiantons and new world order promoters who have been fomenting the flooding of America with refugees and illegal immigrants and the increasing of UN influence in American internal affairs.

I am not suggesting that the First Presidency of the Church ever approved of United States' participation in the UN, nor of the events that fomented the flight of refugees from their homelands to America. I am simply becoming more and more convinced that those "murderous combinations" have, in spite of Moroni's warning, gotten sufficiently above us that the Church, in order to accomplish its main mission, must, for now at least, accept and live with certain of the machinations of the NWO conspiracy.

Do we have any revelations from the Lord confirming this theory? All existing scriptures about how the Lord feels about joining with Babylon say that this theory is very, very, incorrect.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

It is my understanding that words of a prophet are more important than scripture.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

lundbaek wrote: May 19th, 2021, 12:11 pm It is my understanding that words of a prophet are more important than scripture.

Words of a prophet are just words unless they are speaking as a prophet. And only then, do they become scripture.

"A prophet is only a prophet when acting as such." -Joseph Smith Jr.

So, then the question is: how can we tell between their opinions and what the Lord has commanded they speak? Another question: Why have there been 0 literal word for word revelations from Jesus Christ since Wilford Woodruff? Isn't that a very integral piece of what a prophet is supposed to be doing?

TruthSeeker77
captain of 100

Post by TruthSeeker77 »

lundbaek wrote: August 17th, 2006, 10:26 pm Lundbaek is my wife's family name. We will be off on another mission as of 1 Sept., and I don't expect to have time to correspond with you all as I have til now. Just a couple of things, though:

When extensive patterns emerge, especially over a period of decades, on matters of far reaching importance, there comes a point where such patters should be brought to the attention of as many people as possible as information of value which should be evaluated by comparison with existing facts, and in our case, with scripture and with what I’ll call “official prophecy”, and with certain carefully selected “unofficial prophecy”.

In my lifetime, the U.S.A. got into WW2 officially due to a conspiracy involving FDR and some of his military staff and civilian “advisors”. America fought WW2 supposedly to protect Europe from Germany and to save China from Japan. But I believe the real reason was to protect the USSR and create the formidable enemy that it became. At the end of that war, American traitors gave the Soviets all of Eastern Europe, Manchuria, the Kurile Islands, the Chinese port of Darien, the northern half of Korea, and half of Germany. In Yugoslavia, they guaranteed the success of Communism by throwing America’s weight behind the Stalinist Tito in his fight against the pro-Western Mikhailovich. After the war, in a project called Operation Keelhaul, American troops were used to round up anti-Communist refugees all over Europe to be shipped back to Russia where they faced execution or slave labor in Siberia. Traitors in the U.S. State Dept. supported the Communist forces of Mao Tse-tung in their war against Chiang Kai-shek and actively worked behind the scenes to bring about the Communization of China. Under leadership of the American traitor Alger Hiss and the Russian Molotov, the United Nations was created and its Secretariat was staffed with Communists from the State Department. The Soviets were given three votes in the General Assembly, compared to one for us and it was agreed further that a Soviet national would always be in charge of U.N. military activities, which did wonders for Americans fighting in the Korean War. Algeria was pushed into the Communist camp by support of Ben Bella. Certain Americans helped Castro to power in Cuba and, later, betrayed the anti-Castro invasion force at the Bay of Pigs. In Korea and Vietnam, we denied our military forces the option of victory. In the case of Vietnam, some of you may remember, American aid was regularly sent to Communist countries that were sending aid to North Vietnam. Americans supported the Sandinista Communists in the takeover of Nicaragua. American traitors gave the Panama Canal to a pro-Soviet dictatorship. America has been bankrupted by foreign aid to our most bitter enemies around the world. Americans built much of Soviet industry and have given them high technology for their nuclear strike force. When they could not pay, their debts were forgiven and passed on to the American taxpayer.
Americans condemn anti-Communist regimes in Africa and Latin America allegedly for violations of human rights, but then invite to the White House and publicly embrace every Communist dictator in the world, no matter how bloody his mitts. And, while freedom fighters battled Soviet tanks in Hungary, Afghanistan and Poland, we gave the Soviets solemn assurances that we would not intervene and then sent economic aid to the very Communist governments which the people themselves are attempting to topple. If that isn’t a pattern....hardly even a complete one, truth be known.

The sad truth is that Communism would not be a major force and Globalism would not be a major threat today without the massive help received from the United States government, and that America's retreat from victory since World War II is the result, not of a confusion factor, but of the subversion factor.

Somewhere on the forum, Brian recommended a list of books that included Skousen’s “The Naked Capitalist”, and another by Gerald Nyquist. I think he was recommending books that addressed what we think of as the NWO conspiracy, written by prominent members of the Church.

There is a host of other historians, investigative researchers, and “Johnny on the spot” people who are not LDS, but who have observed, experienced and reported events that certainly to me confirm the existence of the conspiracy we are concerned about. Just to mention a few:

Curtis Dall, a former son-in-law to FDR who spent much time in the White House, and who wrote about how, among other things, FDR was manipulated and given his “political ammunition” by the CFR;
Admiral Robert Theobald, who was at Pearl Harbour on 12/07/41, and went public in speeches and in a book about his convictions that President Roosevelt, General Marshall, then Chief of Staff, US Army, and Admiral Stark, Chief of Naval Operations, and certain members of their staffs knew primarily thru broken Japanese codes the intended time and place of the attack, and conspired to keep that knowledge from the commanders on Hawaii;

Carroll Quigley, a well known history professor, who wrote about the goals of the CFR in his “Tragedy and Hope” from having had access to its records and secret papers over a period of about 2 years;

Journalist Charley Reese, who investigated and reported on the attempted suppression of Quigley’s “Tragedy and Hope”;

Dan Smoot, former FBI agent and colleague and associate of W. Cleon Skousen, independent broadcaster, and originator and editor of The Dan Smoot Report , who investigated and reported in detail on America’s “Invisible Government”;

Chester Ward, a member of the CFR for some 16 years, who told us of the goals of the CFR to create a world socialist government;

Norman Dodd, Director of the Reece Commission, who learned from the horses’ mouths of and reported on a number of occasions his learning of the intent of elements in the U.S. FedGov and in NGOs to secure control of the State Dept. and the diplomatic machinery of the United States, deliberately involve the United States in war, and to merge the U.S.A. with the USSR;

Dr. Dennis Cuddy, who investigated and reported on many of the actions of the last century that promoted the Communist threat and the NWO and still does;

An acquaintance who while working for the CIA in the White House “Sit Room” discovered that certain U.S. congressmen were secretly supporting the Communist Sandanistas in Nicarauga;

Pat Robertson, who wrote in his 1990 book “The New World Order” of his experiences and discussions with key players in the promotion of the NWO;

The staff of the John Birch Society and editors of “The New American” who have been on the forefront of exposing many of the conspiracies that are destroying America, most recently the SPP and the North American Union;

There are lots of others who have done great work in exposing the NWO conspiracy, but about whom I know less that I do about these.

Folks willing to do their own homework will find the writings of the above people especially enlightening. And they should, hopefully, reinforce the First Presidency's messages Re. prepardness.
Brother Skousen wrote a great book about all this called The Naked Communist. We live in a great, but terrible day.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

InfoWarrior82 wrote: May 19th, 2021, 12:22 pm
lundbaek wrote: May 19th, 2021, 12:11 pm It is my understanding that words of a prophet are more important than scripture.
Words of a prophet are just words unless they are speaking as a prophet. And only then, do they become scripture.

"A prophet is only a prophet when acting as such." -Joseph Smith Jr.

So, then the question is: how can we tell between their opinions and what the Lord has commanded they speak? Another question: Why have there been 0 literal word for word revelations from Jesus Christ since Wilford Woodruff? Isn't that a very integral piece of what a prophet is supposed to be doing?
Exactly so, InfoWarrior82. The scriptures are our Standard (we refer to them as our "Standard Works" for a reason) - meaning everything, including the words of any/all prophets - have to meet/agree with and be compared against that Standard, the scriptures.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Buddy Greene is incredible. I love that video of him playing in Carnegie Hall. Who knew a harmonica could do all that in the right hands?

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Nephi saw that:

[T]he Gentiles who had gone forth out of captivity did humble themselves before the Lord; and the power of the Lord was with them. (1 Nephi13:16)

[T]heir mother Gentiles were gathered together upon the waters, and upon the land also, to battle against them. (1 Nephi13:17)

[T]he power of God was with them, and also the wrath of God was upon all those that were gathered together against them to battle. (1 Nephi13:18)

[T]he Gentiles that had gone out of captivity were delivered by the power of God out of the hands of all other nations. (1 Nephi13:19)

The Lord has told us that He established the Constitution of this land by the hands of wise men whom He raised up, for the rights and protection of all flesh, according to just and holy principles, to be established forever. (Doctrine and Covenants 101:77 & 80, and 109:54)

So all is well in Zion? .... Not hardly!

Nephi warned us concerning the last days .... there are also secret combinations, even as in times of old, according to the combinations of the devil, for he is the founder of murder, and works of darkness;... (2 Nephi 26:14 & 22)

Moroni warned us of a secret combination which shall be among us, that who so buildith it up seeketh to overthrow the freedom of all lands, nations, and countries. He also told us to suffer not that these murderous combinations shall get above us, which are built up to get power and gain, and that the sword of the justice of the Eternal God shall fall upon us if we shall suffer these things to be. (Ether 8:23 & 24)

President Ezra Taft Benson warned us in 1988 that a secret combination that seeks the overthrow of all lands, nations, and countries is increasing its evil influence over America and the entire world. (October 1988 General Conference)

President Boyd K. Packer, in a 2007 speech at BYU and again in the August 2010 Ensign magazine, stated: "We live in a time of war, that spiritual war that will never end. Moroni warned us that the secret combinations begun by Gadianton ‘are had among all people. . . . Wherefore, O ye Gentiles [and the term gentile in that place in the Book of Mormon refers to us in our generation], it is wisdom in God that these things should be shown unto you, that thereby ye may repent of your sins, and suffer not that these murderous combinations shall get above you. . . . Wherefore, the Lord commandeth you, when ye shall see these things come among you that ye shall awake to a sense of your awful situation, because of this secret combination which shall be among you." (August 2010 Ensign magazine, Pg. 23)

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

It is my conviction that for over a hundred years the United States has been beset with a carefully and methodically executed conspiracy intent on completely destroying the constitutional republican government which was established by the Lord, Jesus the Christ, as He Himself stated, "by the hands of wise men whom I raised up unto this very purpose" (D&C 101:80. We should be thankful to the Lord, to the men who were inspired by the Lord as they drafted the United States Constitution during the hot summer months of 1787 in a room with limited air circulation and no air conditioning, and to those persons who subsequently realized what has been happening to that government and have tried to alert Americans to the existence of that "secret combinations" that prophets, apostles, and others have warned us would strive to "overthrow the freedom of all lands, nations, and countries" (Moroni, Ether 8:25, and President Ezra Taft Benson, October 1988 General Conference). We should also recognize the warning given us by Nephi, son of Lehi, who wrote "I prophesy unto you concerning the last days ..... there are also secret combinations, even as in times of old, according to the combinations of the devil, for he is the founder of all these things;" (2 Nephi 26: 14 & 22).

Also worthy of our awareness is the statement by Elder Bruce R. McConkie that "Gadianton robbers fill the judgement seats in many nations. An evil power seeks to overthrow the freedom of all nations and countries." (April 1980 General Conference.

Interestingly, and much more recently, Elder Boyd K. Packer stated on two separate occasions the following: "We live in a time of war, that spiritual war that will never end. Moroni warned us that the secret combinations begun by Gadianton 'are had among all people .... Wherefore, O ye Gentiles [and the term gentile in that place in the Book of Mormon refers to us in our generation], it is wisdom in God that these things should be shown unto you, that thereby ye may repent of your sins, and suffer not that these murderous combinations shall get above you .... Wherefore, the Lord commandeth you, when ye shall see these things come among you that ye shall awake to a sense of your awful situation, because of this secret combination which shall be among you.'" (16 January 2007 BYU Devotional, and later in the August 2010 Ensign magazine, Pg. 23).

President Gordon B. Hinkley once stated that "The Book of Mormon narrative is a chronicle of nations long since gone. But in its descriptions of the problems of today’s society, it is as current as the morning newspaper, and much more definitive, inspired, and inspiring concerning the solutions of those problems.” You might find the following scriptures from the Book of Mormon indicative of what has been going on in America for some time now.

In 2 Nephi 26 we read that in the "last days" “The Gentiles shall build up false churches and secret combinations.”

In Alma 51 we can note that certain people, referred to as "king-men", "were desirous that the law should be altered in a manner to overthrow the free government and to establish a king over the land." "Those who were in favor of kings were those of high birth, and they sought to be kings; and they were supported by those who sought power and authority over the people." In their anger with the "people of liberty...they would not take up arms to defend their country" against forces from outside their county. I became necessary for Moroni and his army to "go against those king-men" in battle and kill many of the king-men before persuading/compelling others to join in fighting for the freedom that the Lamanites were threatening to take away from them.

In Helaman 1 we read first that upon the death of a chief judge his oldest son is elected to fill the judgement seat. A younger son, desirous of the judgement seat for himself, tries to instigate a rebellion and "destroy the liberty of the people". For this he is executed. However, some of his supporters persuade a "hit man" to murder the new chief judge. The second son is appointed chief judge and governor. But contention among the Nephites allows a Lamanite force to invade, and kill the newly appointed chief judge. Ultimately, the Lamanites are defeated, but the judgement seat is left vacant for a time.

In Helaman 2 we read how one Gadianton became the leader of a band, the object of which was to “destroy Helaman”, the newly appointed chief judge, and “to murder, and to rob, and to gain power”. We are also told that “this Gadianton did prove the overthrow, yea, almost the entire destruction of the people of Nephi.”

In Helaman 3 we learn that “there was continual peace established in the land, all save it were the secret combinations which Gadianton the robber had established in the more settled parts of the land, which at that time were not known to those who were at the head of government; therefore they were not destroyed out of the land.”

In Helaman 6 we are told in some detail that “Lucifer, the author of sin, guides the Gadianton robbers in their murders and wickedness – They take over the Nephite government.” It is interesting to read that “this band of robbers was utterly destroyed from among the Lamanites”, but “on the other hand, that the Nephites did build them up and support them....until they had overspread all the land of the Nephites,....And thus they did obtain the sole management of the government.”

In Helaman 7 we read that Nephi, the son of Helaman, found “the people {of Nephi] in a state of such awful wickedness, and those Gadianton robbers filling the judgment-seats – having usurped the power and authority of the land; laying aside the commandments of God, and not in the least aright before him; doing no justice unto the children of men.; condemning the righteous because of their righteousness; letting the guilty and the wicked go unpunished because of their money; and moreover to be held in office at the head of government to rule and do according to their wills, that they might get gain and glory of the world, and moreover, that they might more easily commit adultery, and steal, and kill, and do according to their wills”.

In Helaman 8 we read how “Corrupt judges seek to incite the people against Nephi.”, and that “those judges were angry with him because he spake plainly unto them concerning their secret works of darkness”. At the end of this chapter and into Chapter 9 we read that “By inspiration Nephi announces the murderer of the chief judge, and then by inspiration identifies the murderer, and finally “is accepted by some as a prophet."

In 3 Nephi 6 we learn of further iniquities. “A complaint came up unto the land of Zarahemla, to the governor of the land, against these judges who had condemned the prophets of the Lord unto death, not according to the law.....those judges had many friends and kindreds....and they did enter into a covenant one with another....which covenant which was given by then of old, which covenant was given and administered by the devil, to combine against all righteousness.... And they did set at defiance the law and the rights of their country; and they did covenant one with another to destroy the governor, and to establish a king over the land, that the land should no more be at liberty but should be subject unto kings.”

In 3 Nephi 7 we read of the murder of a chief judge and the overthrow of the Nephite government; "the regulations of the government were destroyed, because of the secret combination of friends and kindred of those who murdered the prophets....and did place at their head a man whom they did call Jacob; and they did call him their king."

In 4 Nephi we again read “that the wicked part of the people began again to build up the secret oaths and combinations of Gadianton”, and “the robbers of Gadianton did spread over all the face of the land; and there were none that were righteous save it were the disciples of Jesus.”

Do you recognize these sorts of things happening in our time now?

We have been commanded to awake to a sense of our awful situation, and to suffer not that that these murderous combinations shall get above us. (Ether 8) "Unless we as members of the Church do all we can to preserve the freedoms we have, within the bounds of the laws of God, we will be held accountable." (Principles of the Gospel, 1991 Edition, Pg. 36). We need to ask the Lord what is the plan of action we personally need to take, and pray that more people will wake up. "Freedom for us is like water for fish. We don’t know how important it is until it’s gone. I hope people wake up to join the fight for freedom before it’s too late." (From a Latter-day Saint living in Gilbert)

Nephi, son of Lehi wrote "I know that the Lord gives no commandments unto the children of men, save He shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

(1 Nephi 3:7). He should know. The Lord commanded him to build a ship, and at his request, showed him how to build it. (1 Nephi, Chapters 17 & 18).

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

It may be of interest to some that in my dozen or more years living in Europe more than a few Latter-day Saints expressed to me their respect for the American form of government and wished they could live under such a Constitution as we have. In particular, one was our bishop when we lived in England. Another from our ward used to teach some enrichment lessons on the Constitution. Three were Danes I met with at our monthly bishops training meetings during our mission in Denmark. A fourth Dane was our branch secretary who was active in the Danish Conservative Party. And a fifth Dane maintains a website “Freedom Under Pressure” which discusses conditions that threaten liberty today and the Constitution of the United States. Also, a Norwegian LDS even asked me to send him a list of materials to help him in teaching his family the principles of the U.S. Constitution.

I mention this only because of the belief of many people, LDS included, that the U.S. Constitution is only of interest to and appreciated by some Americans.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Last Sunday in our ward priesthood meeting we were invited to express a passion that we each have. I would like to have stated the following, but felt there was a problem with it.

I am quite passionate about making Latter-day Saints aware of our divinely mandated responsibilities to study, uphold, abide by, and advocate the principles of the United States Constitution in the tradition of the Founding Fathers, or as the Founders meant it to be understood, and to understand and support the proper role of government according to gospel principles, and also making them aware that, as prophets have warned, a secret combination (a.k.a. conspiracy) striving to get power, gain, and control of government is increasing its evil influence and control over America and the entire world.

Today, one of my closest friends suggested that "The problem is not the message, but the hearts of those given the message."

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

lundbaek wrote: August 17th, 2006, 10:26 pm. In Yugoslavia, they guaranteed the success of Communism by throwing America’s weight behind the Stalinist Tito in his fight against the pro-Western Mikhailovich.
Tito was most definitely not a Stalinist. In fact, he couldn't stand Stalin, who kept sending assassins to kill him. Famously he said:

He was Communist, but like Hoxha in Albania rapidly disengaged himself from the Stalinist bloc. You can even see big fortifications in parts of the former Yugoslavia which were designed to repel invasion from the Warsaw Pact.

Tito's rise was also due to the British not the Americans. Churchill sent Fitzroy MacLean over there (one of the inspirations for James Bond), and told him to find out who was killing more Germans. Neither Churchill nor MacLean were particularly pro-Communist, but this was Realpolitik. MacLean had witnessed Stalin's show trials first hand. After the war, Tito was the most pro-western of the Communist leaders by far, and while he held onto power there, he became a useful buffer state between Italy and the Warsaw Pact.

The Chetniks were not as effective, and the right in Yugoslavia also had the problem that some of its members supported, rather than opposed, the Germans.

If you've ever known any Communists, you'll know they spend as much time attacking each other as their supposed enemies. If you're a topic Communist in most of these states, you're permanently at risk from your comrades. Some people argue both Lenin and Stalin were murdered (Stalin was almost certainly left to die, and some have argued his life could have been saved by a medical intervention). Chairman Mao and Stalin also concentrated much of their fire on fellow Communists, through so called purges and criticising them for deviating from the party line.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

A Letter to Governor Ducey of Arizona

"For over 20 years now I have observed how illegal immigration, and now massive migration, into the United States is being supported and fomented by certain Americans to alter voting demographics in order to advance socialism and global governance (a.k.a. the new world order), to provide a source of cheap labour, and/or because they fail to realize that humanitarianism at other people's expense is not charity; It relies on legal plunder.

"It is my understanding that you have the authority and the means at your disposal to initiate the return of "border jumpers" to the other side of the border, and I urge you to begin doing so immediately if not sooner."

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Joseph Smith - 1840
“Even this nation will be on the very verge of crumbling to pieces and tumbling to the ground and when the Constitution is on the brink of ruin this people will be the staff upon which the nation shall lean and they shall bear the Constitution away from the very verge of destruction....I know these things by the visions of the Almighty." (July 19, 1840, as recorded by Martha Jane Knowlton Coray; manuscript in Church Historian's Office, Salt Lake City)

Ezra Taft Benson - 1987
"We are fast approaching that moment prophesied by Joseph Smith when he said: "Even this nation will be on the very verge of crumbling to pieces and tumbling to the ground and when the Constitution is on the brink of ruin this people will be the staff upon which the nation shall lean and they shall bear the Constitution away from the very verge of destruction." (October 1987 General Conference)

"I, the Lord, justify you, and your brethren, of my church, in befriending that law which is the constitutional law of the land;" (D&C 98:6).

"The saints are to befriend the constitutional law of the land;" (Summary of D&C 98).

"We must learn the principles of the Constitution in the tradition of the Founding Fathers." (President Ezra Taft Benson, October 1987 General Conference).

" We should learn and advocate the inspired principles of the Constitution.” (President Dallin H. Oaks, April 2021 General Conference).

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I don't know where else to park this. It is just an expression of my concern.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/0 ... ke-russia/

Mitt Romney Calls on NATO to Prepare for Nuclear Strike from Russia
The US has already invested tens of billions of dollars in military weapons to Ukraine. The New York Post reported:. TRENDING: BIG ARIZONA FRAUD UPDATE: Law Enforcement Raids Nonprofits In '2000 Mules' Ballot Trafficking Investigation - "Like Tweety Birds, They Sang" The US and its NATO allies should prepare a “devastating” response to potential Russian nuclear action, Sen. Mitt Romney ...
www.thegatewaypundit.com

Mitt Romney called on our NATO allies to prepare for a nuclear strike from Russia.
The US and its NATO allies should prepare a “devastating” response to potential Russian nuclear action, Sen. Mitt Romney said on Saturday. The call to action comes on the heels of threats from the Kremlin and warnings from Russian diplomats that the country’s Ukraine invasion could lead to a nuclear strike, the Utah Republican wrote in an op-ed for The New York Times. “We should imagine the unimaginable, specifically how we would respond militarily and economically to such a seismic shift in the global geopolitical terrain.”

​I don't know where Mitt Romney gets the idea that Russia might nuke America and other nations. But as of late i have been reading and re-reading of prophetic statements that warn of a Russian nuclear attack against America. Even though Russia may not consider itself militarily ready to take on the United States, I do think Russia is being deliberately pushed in that direction by the United States just as Japan was deliberately pushed into attacking the United States in December 1941 by various provocations, including trade embargo and demands that it cease its military operations against China and other places in southeast Asia.