eating healthier with my BLENDTEC BLENDER

Alternative/natural solution-based discussions of topics like health, medicine, science, food, etc.
Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: eating healthier with my BLENDTEC BLENDER

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

scottja wrote: January 16th, 2022, 11:24 pm Wheat pulverized in a blender is not as fine as ground. Its all about texture. For some things it's ok. For some things not ok. If in survival mode, and that is all I have access to, we can make do with rougher breads. Otherwise s good grinder is nice to have.
You've never used a Blendtec have you... :)

1775peasant
captain of 100

Re: eating healthier with my BLENDTEC BLENDER

Post by 1775peasant »

coacheverywh wrote: January 16th, 2022, 12:56 pm We just acquired a Vitamix a month ago, and I highly suggest it. It's sometimes easier to drink your vegetables than it is to eat them. Also, for anyone looking to save up for something like this, we purchased our Vitamix from the spring factory-reconditioned sale (essentially, all the sales models come in, are refurbished, and then resold) with the full 10-year warranty for a LOT less than a brand new model. I believe the sale ended in March, but it's worth noting for next year.
we have 2 Vitamix blenders, one is 12 yo and has been sent back for some wear parts replacement under warranty 3 years ago.......and we have a newer 1 that's 3 yo ....

1 tip we've learned that seems awkward at first with drinking smoothies, is to "chew" it as u drink.......by simulating the action of chewing with ur mouth/jaws, there are enzymes released within the saliva that aid in the digestion process & breakdown of the nutrients contained.......