Earthquake Predicted In California Between March 19 & 25

Discuss political news items / current events.
LDSNZ
captain of 100

Earthquake Predicted In California Between March 19 & 25

Post by LDSNZ »

John Locke
captain of 1,000

Re: Earthquake Predicted In California Between March 19 & 25

Post by John Locke »

Not sure i'd put it on my calendar.....

Rincon
captain of 100

Post by Rincon »

Removed
Last edited by Rincon on April 1st, 2011, 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Songbird
captain of 1,000

Post by Songbird »

Okay this is interesting. I went to the guy's site and he has a forum there. This is one of the popsts. Apparently they use the number of dogs and cats lost to indicate that there is going to be an earthquake. The number of dogs is 3 times the number of cats and as far as I can tell, they measure the strength of the quake by the numbers. Earthquake predicted for April 7...

For the record, I said this was interesting, not that I believed it, but it is weird enough that I will keep an eye on it.
no it is not crazy.....worried families will retrieve a lost family member as fast as they can.
it is a symptom of the quake to come. other wise it would be like watching a stress meter and
ignoring it just before it breaks or the volcano erupts.
you have to go with the flow.

lost dogs hit a peak yesterday when I counted 307 total
today cats were at 115.
before the loma prieta quake it was three weeks before the quake almost to the day. I would
guess this will show that.
the ratio of 3 to 1 for lost dogs to cats for that quake..
this one is slightly higher for the cats are more and the way jim predicts quakes I say it will
be closer to san diego.
I use the dogs missing number to equate the strength of the quake.
knowing the population of SD abouts near the the population of the Santa clara valley
when the loma quake hit. I would say loma numbers were 90 dogs and 30 cats or thereabouts
who knows thinking about this as I write.......over a 8.0 now sounds like it.
wow those are high numbers!!!
http://www.syzygyjob.com//index.php?opt ... c=259503.0

Songbird
captain of 1,000

Post by Songbird »

This house is sinking because of a huge crack in the earth that opened up underneath it.
http://www.king5.com/news/local/Everett ... 95279.html

Rincon
captain of 100

Post by Rincon »

Removed

John Locke
captain of 1,000

Post by John Locke »

lol ya this is pretty entertaining. If it does go down i'l be sad my Condo is on the beach in Carlsbad and will probably be a total loss...but i'm not gonna sale just yet lol.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

I'm excited to watch Mark on the 10:00 news as he attempts to surf the tsunami - talk about baptism by immersion! :)) ;)

Songbird
captain of 1,000

Post by Songbird »

Rincon wrote:I am being well entertained here. I have been stuck in my bedroom three weeks with a broken foot, and I have not been bored. Now I get to watch for the San Diego earthquake between now and April conference. It must be valid, because there are two lost cats hanging around my yard, I don't know where they came from. They just walk around the house all hours of the night. :). Who is going to have egg on their face if nothing happens?
So sorry about the broken foot. what a bummer! Here's hoping you feel better soon. (Take my advice,,,don't push it to heal. In the long run it's not worth it....

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Rincon wrote: It must be valid, because there are two lost cats hanging around my yard, I don't know where they came from. They just walk around the house all hours of the night. :).
I can't wait until the neighbor cats around here run away :D They might find themselves without a pulse before the EQ sends them wandering if they're not careful.

M249Gunner
captain of 100

Post by M249Gunner »

Just don't keep them as trophies so you don't go to hell! ;)

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

shadow wrote:
Rincon wrote: It must be valid, because there are two lost cats hanging around my yard, I don't know where they came from. They just walk around the house all hours of the night. :).
I can't wait until the neighbor cats around here run away :D They might find themselves without a pulse before the EQ sends them wandering if they're not careful.
I love cats, but I can't eat a whole one all by myself... :p

Rincon
captain of 100

Post by Rincon »

Removed

John Locke
captain of 1,000

Post by John Locke »

perhaps they miss calculated and they really meant the quake was going to happen in MYANMAR, thats only like the opposite side of the world...small calculating error :P.....I suppose they still do have 1 day.

Songbird
captain of 1,000

Post by Songbird »

John Locke wrote:perhaps they miss calculated and they really meant the quake was going to happen in MYANMAR, thats only like the opposite side of the world...small calculating error :P.....I suppose they still do have 1 day.
There was a 7.0 earthquake in Myanmar today...Is that the one you were looking for?

7cylon7
captain of 1,000

Post by 7cylon7 »

I thought the other earthquake guru said the LA earthquake was going to happen this FALL.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

Rincon wrote:Two days left. Someone is going to have egg on their face.
Most Scientists would agree that it is impossible to predict earthquakes - it is not yet possible to do so. Jim Berklund may have predicted the 1989 World Series San Francisco earthquake, but even a broken clock is right 2 times a day. I'm not saying observing strange animal behavior or deaths can't be a warning of impending earthquake activity, however, it can, by no means, be used solely as a means to say for sure an earthquake is coming. And, if solar activity can be used to link to earthquakes, why have there not been quakes every time an X class flare has hit the earth? The science sounds convincing, but our meteorologists cannot even accurately predict what the weather is gonna do beyond 48 hours out, so how can we possibly expect to be able to predict what is going on deep within our planet? That's my take.

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

The problem with Mr. Berklund and his like is that everyone will remember the times he happened to get it right and no one will recall the many, many times he gets it wrong.

First off I have seen no proof, other than Mr. Berklund own words, that he ever predicted the California earthquake he claims to have. And by proof I mean verifiable statements made by him BEFORE that event.

Second people like Mr. Berklund often engage in a kind of date creep. When the dates for the predicted event come ever closer the predictor moves the date forward. The result is that when an earthquake does happen, and let's face it we're talking the west coast of the U.S. here they are going to have an earthquake at some time in the future, the person then claims to have "predicted" the event. Of course they have done no such thing it is rather like predicting the sun will rise in the morning.

As I write this it is March 25th in Australia and as near as I can tell all is well in California but I'm sure by now Mr. Berklund has "corrected" his prediction to be some time in April.

Rincon
captain of 100

Post by Rincon »

Removed

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

Well March 25th has come and gone with no west coast earthquake. What should we learn for this? That you can not predict earthquakes. Of course everyone will now forget this failed prediction and a new prediction will be made. At some point he will be right the odds are with him if he keeps making predictions. So I will join the earthquake predicting club: I predict that the west coast of the united states will have a major earthquake between April 1, 2011 and April 30, 2900. You can take it to the bank it will happen.

Between the practice of date creep, constantly moving the predicted dates forward until you just happen to hit upon a date with an earthquake. And the 50% problem, predicting that there is an X percentage chance of an earthquake and then being able to duck out under the cover that the non event fell into the other part of that percentage. And claiming to have predicted earthquake only after the earthquake occurred I think we should all just admit that no matter how much hocus-pocus these people employ the fact we simply can not at this time predict earthquakes.

NoGreaterLove
captain of 1,000

Post by NoGreaterLove »

gkearney wrote:The problem with Mr. Berklund and his like is that everyone will remember the times he happened to get it right and no one will recall the many, many times he gets it wrong.

First off I have seen no proof, other than Mr. Berklund own words, that he ever predicted the California earthquake he claims to have. And by proof I mean verifiable statements made by him BEFORE that event.

Second people like Mr. Berklund often engage in a kind of date creep. When the dates for the predicted event come ever closer the predictor moves the date forward. The result is that when an earthquake does happen, and let's face it we're talking the west coast of the U.S. here they are going to have an earthquake at some time in the future, the person then claims to have "predicted" the event. Of course they have done no such thing it is rather like predicting the sun will rise in the morning.

As I write this it is March 25th in Australia and as near as I can tell all is well in California but I'm sure by now Mr. Berklund has "corrected" his prediction to be some time in April.
I saw an article about an interview with him dated before the earthquake in which he predicted it.

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

Could you please provide the citation for the article?

But I would remind everyone that even a broken clock is right twice a day. So the fact that he was lucky once is no indicator that he can do so again. Clearly this prediction has failed. How many others has he made that also failed? I will ask this question, outside of his one correct prediction and I have yet to see any before the fact evidence to support even that, has he ever been able to predict another earthquake, ever, anyplace in the world?

The simple fact is that he predicted a major earthquake in the west coast of the United States between the dates of March 19 to the 25. It is now March 26th in the U.S. there has been no major earthquake on the west coast of the United States his prediction was false he failed the test. He can not predict earthquakes.