England in midst of worst winter in 1,000 years

Discuss political news items / current events.
Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

England in midst of worst winter in 1,000 years

Post by Col. Flagg »

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/16 ... 000-years/
BRITAIN’S winter is the coldest since 1683 and close to being the chilliest in nearly 1,000 years.

Latest figures reveal that the average temperature since December 1 has been a perishing -1C.

That makes it the second coldest since records began in 1659.

The chilliest on record was 1683/84, when the average was -1.17C and the River Thames froze over for two months.

But with January and February to come, experts believe we could suffer the most freezing cold winter in the last 1,000 years.

The Met Office’s Charlie Powell said: “It’s rare to have cold this prolonged, with temperatures falling incredibly low.

“Temperatures will be down again by Sunday, with nights below freezing and daytimes below average at 3C to 5C. Our outlook forecast to January 26 shows temperatures 2C or 3C below average, frost and ice likely and the highest chance of snow or sleet over the northern half of the UK.”

Although official weather records only go back to 1659, weather experts said the centuries from 1100 to 1500, dubbed the “Medieval warm period”, would not have produced winters as cold as today.

So 2011 could end up being the coldest winter of the last millennium. Brian Gaze, of The Weather Outlook, said: “It’s very unusual to have a sub-zero month.”
Is this the result of the Gulf Stream being disrupted or significantly decreased to England thanks to BP's 3 month oil gusher or simply a freak act of mother nature?

Nan
captain of 1,000

Re: England in midst of worst winter in 1,000 years

Post by Nan »

I believe in God, not a freak act of nature.

loveoneanother
captain of 50

Post by loveoneanother »

I believe the Lord is about to preach his own sermon to the nations, a pretty good way to do that too, don't you think? :wink:

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

bathsheeba wrote:I believe the Lord is about to preach his own sermon to the nations, a pretty good way to do that too, don't you think? :wink:
Looking forward to it!!!!

Toto
captain of 1,000

Post by Toto »

Col. Flagg wrote:Is this the result of the Gulf Stream being disrupted or significantly decreased to England thanks to BP's 3 month oil gusher.....?
Add to that the Sun that refuses to shine and it look like the proverbial cold day in London has arrived!

To see it any other way seems like normalcy bias to me.

p51-mustang
captain of 1,000

Post by p51-mustang »

The gulf stream has been altered because of the april oil spill. The gulf stream is what keeps England fairly warm at such high latitudes, so this shouldnt be surprising. It very well could be that we have done this to ourselves with this oil spill. BP is an english company. Kinda Ironic that this comes back to bite the British in the butt like this when they are so far from the oil spill caused by "their" company.

dennis
captain of 1,000

Post by dennis »

Someone forgot to tell the Brits about global warming

on a different take: Altering the Jet stream is a techniique of Haarp and it is not angels that play that haarp

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

We everything that happens is by the will of God. He is I
Control and allows evil.

However, we know the tribulation precedes the wrath. Tribulation is what the great latter-day conspiracy does to the people. The wrath is what God does to the wicked( what goes around comes around).

There is a strong la Nina in the pacific but I do not believe this alone can account for the cold temps in Europe. Because we have had stronger la ninas in the past.