Looking for a confirmation, Elder Packer talk---

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
bobhenstra
Level 34 Illuminated

Looking for a confirmation, Elder Packer talk---

Post by bobhenstra »

I hate relaying third person stories except when its a prophet quoting a prophet. But I heard one yesterday from a good friend who is serving as a Branch President at the MTC. I trust my friend, but I need to confirm his story with a couple more witnesses.

His story has to do with Elder Packer giving a talk to the staff and all the missionaries at the MTC, a very short talk that only lasted for a few minutes.

Anybody here heard about this talk?

Thanks

Bob

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Looking for a confirmation, Elder Packer talk---

Post by Original_Intent »

You have succeeded in giving me "itching ears" :lol:

Henmasher
captain of 1,000

Post by Henmasher »

Ditto. Sounds pertinent to those that heard but still I would like to know. :D

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Original_Intent wrote:You have succeeded in giving me "itching ears" :lol:
LOL...Amen!

MercynGrace
captain of 100

Post by MercynGrace »

Bob -
It's wrong to be a tease. (finger wagging) You'd better be preparing to share.... :)
MnG

bobhenstra
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by bobhenstra »

Its still a third person story and not worth relating until I hear the same description of the event from other sources.

I refuse to pay any attention to people like Alex Jones, Jessie Ventura, Glenn Beck and Rush. I may listen to one or two them on occasion for the simple reason that I'm looking for the confirmation of the "great division" that is happening now. Rush is working really hard on the great division.

"When" and if I get confirmation of the talk supposedly given by Elder Packer, I will express my opinion and make sure its understood "as" my opinion.

On a side note, If, I were to compare Elder Packer to a prophet of the past, in "my opinion" it would be Abinadi, brother of Amaleki, son of Abinadom (Omni 10-30).

Bob

Libertas
captain of 100

Post by Libertas »

Do you know when President Packer supposedly spoke at the MTC? I have a nephew who entered the MTC a few weeks ago, and I heard from his dad that Elder Holland spoke to the missionaries on Thanksgiving, but there was no mention of President Packer.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

bobhenstra wrote:Its still a third person story and not worth relating until I hear the same description of the event from other sources.

I refuse to pay any attention to people like Alex Jones, Jessie Ventura, Glenn Beck and Rush. I may listen to one or two them on occasion for the simple reason that I'm looking for the confirmation of the "great division" that is happening now. Rush is working really hard on the great division.

"When" and if I get confirmation of the talk supposedly given by Elder Packer, I will express my opinion and make sure its understood "as" my opinion.

On a side note, If, I were to compare Elder Packer to a prophet of the past, in "my opinion" it would be Abinadi, brother of Amaleki, son of Abinadom (Omni 10-30).

Bob
I agree. President Packer definitely speaks truth to power and is absolutely fearless!

NoGreaterLove
captain of 1,000

Post by NoGreaterLove »

If we had a date or something, it may be on the internet. Otherwise, I have not found anything.

bobhenstra
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by bobhenstra »

Libertas wrote:Do you know when President Packer supposedly spoke at the MTC? I have a nephew who entered the MTC a few weeks ago, and I heard from his dad that Elder Holland spoke to the missionaries on Thanksgiving, but there was no mention of President Packer.
I suspect most know somebody who is serving in some capacity at the MTC, lets get this nailed down first! My friend didn't give me the date, and I didn't ask (my fault) I was transfixed on the story! My friend is a medical professional, he's not open to simply answering phone calls, I refuse to bother him in what may be an emergency on his part.

Bob

Henmasher
captain of 1,000

Post by Henmasher »

How about sharing the story and saying it is unconfirmed and that it may be wholy false or true! I'm starting to feel like this is a bandaid with no injury bobby :lol:

MercynGrace
captain of 100

Post by MercynGrace »

Paging Bob.... :)

Curiosity is killing me (meow). C'mon Bob.... we're (impatiently) waiting!

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

It's the old bait and switch! :lol: Bob... you're going to give some people here in the forum the 'heebeejeebees' if you don't share what the rumor/speculation is.

bobhenstra
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by bobhenstra »

Can't, unsubstantiated third person testimony, sorry. I have an email to the doctor, he's a busy man, if he answers I'll get the real searchers on this site the info, we'll track the (two) talks down.

Bob

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

bobhenstra wrote:Can't, unsubstantiated third person testimony, sorry. I have an email to the doctor, he's a busy man, if he answers I'll get the real searchers on this site the info, we'll track the (two) talks down.

Bob
You started it, but fair enough.

Raindrop
captain of 100

Post by Raindrop »

Yes, there was a talk. I'm not going to be the one going out on a limb, though. After you, Bob. :lol:

SwissMrs&Pitchfire
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by SwissMrs&Pitchfire »

Cool, I hope those present valued it as much as we do without even hearing it!

Quill
captain of 10

Post by Quill »

*BOOKMARK*

mattctr
captain of 100

Post by mattctr »

MTC... Who do I know who works at the MTC? Hmm... Not even a hint? :?: :?:

NoGreaterLove
captain of 1,000

Post by NoGreaterLove »

Ok, depending on the timing of the talk, my nephew might have heard it. He is in the MTC. However, I do not think he can have contact with anyone, so getting a response from him may be impossible.

pjbrownie
captain of 1,000

Post by pjbrownie »

I have a friend and employee that works at the MTC. Do they get to hear the addresses? He's a teacher.

Quill
captain of 10

Post by Quill »

No one can confirm? I'm waiting on some news. :)

NoGreaterLove
captain of 1,000

Post by NoGreaterLove »

Talked to my sister-in-law. Her son is at the MTC and did hear the talk. She did not comment on the talk at all. I am not sure her son told her anything about it. He did tell her he heard it.

mattctr
captain of 100

Post by mattctr »

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :cry: :cry: :?: :?: :?:

John Locke
captain of 1,000

Post by John Locke »

John Locke would like to offer his services Bob.

John Locke could collaborate the talk if he knew when/what it was given on. John Locke will then asked President Costa (a close family friend) if he can comment confirm or deny the validity of the information. John Locke will also be meeting with Elder Nelson whom he could also hit up for information. I will asked through email so I can show their exact responses if that helps.