Why the Swamp will Never be Drained

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
justme
captain of 1,000

Re: Why the Swamp will Never be Drained

Post by justme »

tdj wrote: October 31st, 2019, 2:04 pm
nightlight wrote: October 25th, 2019, 9:58 am
Separatist wrote: October 25th, 2019, 9:31 am From the Donald's twitter feed:
The Federal Reserve is derelict in its duties if it doesn’t lower the Rate and even, ideally, stimulate. Take a look around the World at our competitors. Germany and others are actually GETTING PAID to borrow money. Fed was way too fast to raise, and way too slow to cut!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 24, 2019
The swamp is underwritten by the Fed.

Trump is hacking at the branches of evil, not the roots.
To think trump could actually "drain swamp" is ludicrous.

But...that's okay, at least we had a president who HIGHLIGHTED our shadow governance.

Trump won't win re-election, he knows this...he will probably start acting out more via Twitter. He cares too much about what people think of him.

Abolishment is the only way to drain swamp
He absolutely WILL win reelection. You can count on that one and take it to the bank. It's the Democrat party that's toast.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

If you have a better data source please share.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

The Federal Reserve is derelict in its duties if it doesn’t lower the Rate and even, ideally, stimulate. Take a look around the World at our competitors. Germany and others are actually GETTING PAID to borrow money. Fed was way too fast to raise, and way too slow to cut!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 24, 2019

But...that's okay, at least we had a president who HIGHLIGHTED our shadow governance.

Trump won't win re-election, he knows this...he will probably start acting out more via Twitter. He cares too much about what people think of him.

He absolutely WILL win reelection. You can count on that one and take it to the bank. It's the Democrat party that's toast.
I use a credit union

Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Sarah »

nightlight wrote: October 31st, 2019, 3:02 pm

I use a credit union
Probably a better choice when considering we might have bail-ins someday.

tdj
captain of 1,000

Post by tdj »

justme wrote: October 31st, 2019, 3:01 pm

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

If you have a better data source please share.
Data? Don't need data anymore then I needed the (laugh) polls from 2016. It's so obvious what's happening. The dems have talked impeachment before he even took office. Before even the election. This whole thing has been a farce beginning to end and all the dems have achieved is their own political suicide and a trump re election for 2020.

But if you like, I can just hang onto this post and bump it come November 8th, of next year.

Separatist
captain of 1,000

Post by Separatist »

Trump Tells Fed Chairman He Wants US Interest Rates to be the Lowest in the World!
https://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2 ... ts-us.html
This is stunning.

In the EPJ Daily Alert, I have made clear that the Federal Reserve is aggressively pumping money into the system. This is what is causing stock market averages to hit new highs and keeping the unemployment rate as measured by the Labor Department at near 50-year lows.

But this is not apparently enough for President Trump.

He met Monday morning with Fed chairman Jay Powell in the residence part of the White House.

Trump is now stating that during that meeting he told Powell that he wanted US interest rates even lower. He said he wants US interest rates to be the lowest in the world!

That would, of course, mean negative interest rates. The current short-term interest rate in Switzerland is -0.75%.
At my meeting with Jay Powell this morning, I protested fact that our Fed Rate is set too high relative to the interest rates of other competitor countries. In fact, our rates should be lower than all others (we are the U.S.). Too strong a Dollar hurting manufacturers & growth!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 19, 2019
It is doubtful that Powell will lower rates to the level Trump says he wants.

It would be disastrous. Even now with the effective Fed Funds rate trading around 1.55%, I am warning in the ALERT that a climb in price inflation is very likely. The amount of money that would be required for the Fed to push short-term interest rates into negative territory would be massive, possibly trillions. It could push price inflation to double-digit levels not seen since the late 1970s-early 1980s.

But Trump, apparently, doesn't see a problem. He doesn't want to end the Fed. He wants to put the Fed on money printing steroids.

-RW

Remember this?:

Trump: Low Interest Rates Are Great For Rich People Like Me, Bad For The Country
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... untry.html
Donald Trump doubled down on his statement last week that the Federal Reserve's low interest rate policy has created a "false economy" He said that the Fed was protecting Obama's legacy by leaving interest rates at or near zero during his term, and dumping the economic mess that would come with raising them on "the new guy."

"Any increase at all will be a very, very small increase because they want to keep the market up so Obama goes out and let the new guy ... raise interest rates ... and watch what happens in the stock market," he said. "And you know the people who are hurt the most are people that saved all their lives, and thought they were going to live off the interest. Those people are getting absolutely creamed."

Trump said that for his own business is real estate, he "loves low interest rates," but average Americans are hurt by it.

"The ones who did it right — they saved their money [and] they cut down on their mortgages, ... and now they're practically getting zero interest on the money," Trump said. "Those people have really been -- you could almost say discriminated against."

"I don't think Janet Yellen is making her decisions based on trying to help Obama or Clinton. I think they have a view that the world economy is weak enough that it's not a great time to raise rates. I don't happen to share that view, but I don't think this is political," he told CNBC's "Squawk on the Street" on Monday.

Trump said: "I love low interest rates," but for the good of the nation, rates should be higher.
"If I refinance something, I can get money for almost nothing," Trump said. "I don't think it is going to happen... because [Obama] wants to play golf for the rest of his life after January," Trump added.

Yet the people who this hurts most are filling the arena's. Cognitive Dissonance anyone?

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

https://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2 ... ident.html
Ho, ho, ho!

The President has just tweeted out news of a Christmas gift for the American people.
In a series of tweets, the President has announced that he is restoring tariffs on Brazilian and Argentinian steel and aluminum imports.

Of course, tariffs do nothing but increase the price or limit the imports of goods so taxed. hey are a tax on the American people.

Merry Christmas.

But Trump didn't stop there, he then went on to criticize the Fed for not lowering interest rates enough. That is, he wants the Fed to pump more money into the system which will distort the economy even more. Also, we are on the edge of an acceleration in price inflation, more Fed money pumping will simply make the inflationary advance more intense. It's something to look forward to in the New Year.
Brazil and Argentina have been presiding over a massive devaluation of their currencies. which is not good for our farmers. Therefore, effective immediately, I will restore the Tariffs on all Steel & Aluminum that is shipped into the U.S. from those countries. The Federal....
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 2, 2019

.....Reserve should likewise act so that countries, of which there are many, no longer take advantage of our strong dollar by further devaluing their currencies. This makes it very hard for our manufactures & farmers to fairly export their goods. Lower Rates & Loosen - Fed!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 2, 2019