Horrible news out of Mexico

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Re: Horrible news out of Mexico

Post by Alaris »

simpleton wrote: November 5th, 2019, 5:14 am I know that I keep writing nothing... but some of those were my grandchildren
Many thoughts and deep prayers your way. You've had such a tremendous impact on my life, and my heart breaks for what you must be going through. Hold fast brother.

Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Sarah »

simpleton wrote: November 5th, 2019, 5:14 am I know that I keep writing nothing... but some of those were my grandchildren
Oh simpleton, I'm so sad to hear this. Lots of prayers going out to you and your family.

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

Fiannan wrote: November 5th, 2019, 8:53 am First heard about this story from the Salt Lake Tribune. Thought it would be given a bit more coverage in the Deseret News. Should have been the lead story. https://www.deseret.com/ At least they covered it.

President Trump certainly is angry and leaving the door open to dealing with this.

For once I agree with Trump.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

I'm so sorry brother. The Holy Ghost never leaves children. I'm so sorry

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I have to agree with Matchmaker, " It's time for some men down there to start walking tall." But how many of us would be willing to venture into Mexico to help clean out the drug cartels.

I believe any U.S. military action in Mexico would require a declaration of war by the U.S. Congress, NOT BY THE PRESIDENT.

Separatist
captain of 1,000

Post by Separatist »

lundbaek wrote: November 5th, 2019, 10:23 am I have to agree with Matchmaker, " It's time for some men down there to start walking tall." But how many of us would be willing to venture into Mexico to help clean out the drug cartels.

I believe any U.S. military action in Mexico would require a declaration of war by the U.S. Congress, NOT BY THE PRESIDENT.
Step one is to stop the war on drugs. Elliot Ness didn't win the war against the bootleggers. Repeal of the 18th Amendment did.

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

Separatist wrote: November 5th, 2019, 10:40 am
lundbaek wrote: November 5th, 2019, 10:23 am I have to agree with Matchmaker, " It's time for some men down there to start walking tall." But how many of us would be willing to venture into Mexico to help clean out the drug cartels.

Step one is to stop the war on drugs. Elliot Ness didn't win the war against the bootleggers. Repeal of the 18th Amendment did.
That just industrialized it and allowed it to be taxed. Now legitimate companies can poison their customers and reap giant profits and it's all squeaky clean.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

David13 wrote: November 5th, 2019, 7:57 am
Matchmaker wrote: November 5th, 2019, 2:43 am Mexico needs someone like their own Eliot Ness and the Untouchables, or Frank Hammer and his group, who have the courage to go into Northern Mexico and root out those criminal cartels once and for all. The deaths of these innocent women and children sickens me. It's time for some men down there to start walking tall.
The problem with that is the depth of the corruption. The only way it would work would be with killing many many people. And losing many of yours in the process.

The reason why they are so powerful is one reason. Money. If the U.S. were to legalize drugs and provide them to anyone cheap, like $1 those people would be out of a job immediately.

However, yes, they then would go into kidnap and extortion full time, which is already a big industry in so called Latin American countries.

The friction with the Mormon groups there has been an issue for many many years, yes, decades.
dc
The drug use is linked to white collard organized crime that runs our corrupt businesses, politicians, and human trafficking. Many lives are in bondage because of the drug cartels but it goes on in secret. Legalizing drugs isn't going to make it better or worse. It's what the rich men and women are doing with the drugs and they get them whether they are legal or not.

Separatist
captain of 1,000

Post by Separatist »

h_p wrote: November 5th, 2019, 10:43 am
Separatist wrote: November 5th, 2019, 10:40 am

That just industrialized it and allowed it to be taxed. Now legitimate companies can poison their customers and reap giant profits and it's all squeaky clean.
I'd rather like to have the ability to choose my poison peacefully in a store rather than have roaming bands of cartels protecting their goods, causing havoc on the population and making criminals of non-violent users.

Making something illegal only drives it underground making the profits extremely lucrative. It really is stupid stupid public policy. It's econ 101. Prohibition should have taught us better. 40+ years of the war on drugs and you still can get whatever drugs you want pretty much anywhere. They can't even keep it out of the prisons. Complete waste of time and resources.

Separatist
captain of 1,000

Post by Separatist »

Of course the politicians like the war on drugs so they can reap some of the profits themselves. See the Clinton and Bush crime family. It's also justification for militarized police forces which chase down kids smoking weed. See the TV show Cops.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

I am so sorry :( How dreadful for you and your family.
Drugs and alcohol are source of so much evil, they should be prohibited by force, and the dealers dealt with.
May the Lord help you to cope with this tragedy.

Separatist
captain of 1,000

Post by Separatist »

Elizabeth wrote: November 5th, 2019, 10:59 am I am so sorry :( How dreadful for you and your family.
Drugs and alcohol are source of so much evil, they should be prohibited by force.
This causes greater evil.

PressingForward
captain of 100

Post by PressingForward »

Elizabeth wrote: November 5th, 2019, 10:59 am I am so sorry :( How dreadful for you and your family.
Drugs and alcohol are source of so much evil, they should be prohibited by force, and the dealers dealt with.
This is Satans plan.....

Separatist
captain of 1,000

Post by Separatist »

Questions:
-I keep seeing a video of a smoldering vehicle. Where are the bodies? They just don't vanish.
-Why assume it's the cartels? Could the CIA have their fingerprints on it?
-Cui bono?

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Juliet wrote: November 5th, 2019, 10:54 am
David13 wrote: November 5th, 2019, 7:57 am
Matchmaker wrote: November 5th, 2019, 2:43 am Mexico needs someone like their own Eliot Ness and the Untouchables, or Frank Hammer and his group, who have the courage to go into Northern Mexico and root out those criminal cartels once and for all. The deaths of these innocent women and children sickens me. It's time for some men down there to start walking tall.
The problem with that is the depth of the corruption. The only way it would work would be with killing many many people. And losing many of yours in the process.

The reason why they are so powerful is one reason. Money. If the U.S. were to legalize drugs and provide them to anyone cheap, like $1 those people would be out of a job immediately.

However, yes, they then would go into kidnap and extortion full time, which is already a big industry in so called Latin American countries.

The friction with the Mormon groups there has been an issue for many many years, yes, decades.
dc
The drug use is linked to white collard organized crime that runs our corrupt businesses, politicians, and human trafficking. Many lives are in bondage because of the drug cartels but it goes on in secret. Legalizing drugs isn't going to make it better or worse. It's what the rich men and women are doing with the drugs and they get them whether they are legal or not.

You miss the point. It's the money that runs the cartels. Legalizing, and offering at no price, free, removes the money.

No, the cartels are not "white collar".
dc

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

I believe our policy should be "avoid foreign involvements" and that would definitely be a severe foreign involvement. Easier to take the money out of it, and save the annual $3 billion or more DEA budget. But they would probably rather kill than close up their empire.
dc

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

I picked up on a documentary where both LDS and 'fundamentalists' living in the Juarez area were interviewed around the 2011-12 time frame by the guy that started Vice News. He had gone down there to check into the origins of Mitt Romney's family there.

Fascinating. At that time the drug cartels were leaving them relatively alone, though some had lost family members to murder or injury.

Ah, found the video:

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Tragically, the vehicle blew up from the gas tank and only a few charcoal bones remain.
Those involved know the perpetrators are the drug cartels.
Separatist wrote: November 5th, 2019, 11:41 am Questions:
-I keep seeing a video of a smoldering vehicle. Where are the bodies? They just don't vanish.
-Cui bono?

ori
captain of 1,000

Post by ori »

David13 wrote: November 4th, 2019, 9:44 pm SL Trib won't let me read.

I suppose those are Mormon colonies there. Many of them were armed and had somewhat of a truce going with the bad guys. I don't know what happened in this story.
dc
I use "private browsing" mode to access sltrib because I have a similar problem. Maybe try that.

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

Separatist wrote: November 5th, 2019, 11:41 am Questions:
-Cui bono?
It's gotta be the Russians. No way those pharmaceutical businessmen would do something like this.

ori
captain of 1,000

Post by ori »

The United States tried prohibiting alcohol and it didn't turn out well. To be honest I'm starting to feel that the "war on drugs" is often causing more problems than it solves, and that all drugs should be legalized.

Separatist
captain of 1,000

Post by Separatist »

Elizabeth wrote: November 5th, 2019, 12:07 pm Tragically, the vehicle blew up from the gas tank and only a few charcoal bones remain. Do human bones burn and reduce that quickly?
Those involved know the perpetrators are the drug cartels. Isn't the CIA a legalized cartel?

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

ori wrote: November 5th, 2019, 12:14 pm
The United States tried prohibiting alcohol and it didn't turn out well. To be honest I'm starting to feel that the "war on drugs" is often causing more problems than it solves, and that all drugs should be legalized.
Portugal had massive drug problems and crime in the '80s, etc., but then legalized them, which apparently greatly solved the problem. They focused efforts on helping those still severely afflicted.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

This is a modern-day version of the Haun's Mill Massacre.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Fiannan wrote: November 5th, 2019, 1:01 pm This is a modern-day version of the Haun's Mill Massacre.

I disagree. At Haun's mill one of the first and foremost characteristics of the victims was their religion. In fact it may have been the only factor.

Here in Mexico, I think their religion was of little or no consequence to the events and occurrences.

Something completely different.
dc