Michael's Cross - Eve's Petals

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Michael's Cross - Eve's Petals

Post by Alaris »

All,

I feel impressed to share this story here publicly.

Weeks ago, my wife had a dream where she saw four petals upon a stone. She felt it was important and attempted to describe it to me excitedly over a series of days. (Let's just say four petals isn't how she described it - I love you honey! :D)

She felt this symbol was so important, and her zeal rubbed off on me. I searched and pondered what she described, and my mind kept seeing the image of Michael's Cross, or the cross from the Order of St. Michael (didn't know what I was seeing at the time - had to look it up.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_Saint_Michael

As I described, and finally drew the symbol, my sweet wife was adamant that what I had drawn was mistaken. I was adamant that I wasn't! lol

Finally, we sat down and worked it out. Four petals in an X formation rather than a cross +

Fast forward days to a few weeks. We sat together on a sabbath afternoon watching an Egyptian documentary - I see an image go across the screen. WAIT! I rewind the video and pause on an image of the "Menat" or "Hathor's Yoke" - Here is that image:
menat-3.jpg
menat-3.jpg (25.2 KiB) Viewed 1635 times
We just stared at each other. The two images - Michael's Cross and the four petals X were juxtaposed! If you've read my article on Horus and the Davidic Servant, then you may already know that I feel strongly that Egyptology contains echos of truth that trace back to its founding where Egyptus, though cursed as pertaining to the Priesthood, founded Egypt in righteousness and modeled after the Priesthood.

Feel free to read the article linked above for more information on Hathor and the symbols of the facsimiles, but I want to keep this thread focused.

So Hathor's yoke is a necklace many / most of you will recognize from Egyptian art - that broad, deep necklace that looks like a large half circle. The yoke aspect is SUPER interesting to me and my wife, especially since we've been discussing the changes to the temple endowment. CURSES may particularly pertain to woman's divine role - and the bearing of them. Hathor's yoke may be a real symbol of the Priesthood that predates the Egyptian empire.

Isaiah 52:1 Awake, awake; put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean.

2 Shake thyself from the dust; arise, and sit down, O Jerusalem: loose thyself from the bands of thy neck, O captive daughter of Zion.

You'll notice references to the daughter of zion and the daughter of Jerusalem. Egyptology actually has two ladies of the nile who pertain to the northern kingdom of Egypt and southern. They very much align to the 10 tribes (ZION) and the southern kingdom (Jerusalem.) The daughters of ZION and Jerusalem are "she" - and are described in the feminine. Why? Two reasons imho - First, the feminine aspect is a tribal aspect - motherhood. Second, the bearing of curses. Eve's curse is even more prominent in the recent endowment changes ... by revelation.

OK - so this is already way longer than I planned which is typical. I hope to expound on the above, but let's stick to this symbol. Let's look at modern revelation pertaining to Isaiah 52:

D&C 113:7 Questions by Elias Higbee: What is meant by the command in Isaiah, 52d chapter, 1st verse, which saith: Put on thy strength, O Zion—and what people had Isaiah reference to?

8 He had reference to those whom God should call in the last days, who should hold the power of priesthood to bring again Zion, and the redemption of Israel; and to put on her strength is to put on the authority of the priesthood, which she, Zion, has a right to by lineage; also to return to that power which she had lost.

9 What are we to understand by Zion loosing herself from the bands of her neck; 2d verse?

10 We are to understand that the scattered remnants are exhorted to return to the Lord from whence they have fallen; which if they do, the promise of the Lord is that he will speak to them, or give them revelation. See the 6th, 7th, and 8th verses. The bands of her neck are the curses of God upon her, or the remnants of Israel in their scattered condition among the Gentiles.

What else is in D&C 113? That's right - the definitions of the stem, root, and rod of Jesse. However, let's not make this post about men. All credit to my prophetess wife who pointed this out to me - that the removing of curses may in fact be also a part of the divine role of women. Bear them .... wear that yoke....then break them.

Here's another image from Egyptian art that shows Hathor's yoke on a cow / ox (symbol of Ephraim no less as well as one of the four heads of the beasts of revelation)
menat-ox.jpg
menat-ox.jpg (125.83 KiB) Viewed 1635 times
Hrm... that ox looks familiar
facsimile2-figure5.png
facsimile2-figure5.png (375.67 KiB) Viewed 1635 times
It sure looks like something is around the neck of that ox, doesn't it?

I've got to run, but I want to get this post up for discussion. In case, anyone thinks I'm seeing shapes in the clouds, consider the X and the + are separate but outline the ~ 400 AD mosaic of the Seal of Melchizedek.

And last night, as my wife was showing me symbols inside the Salt Lake City temple, I happened upon this gem

You'll need to click on this one as it's too large. Notice the door trim ... the exact same symbol. A cross + with four petals in a X formation.

Also in the background - a woman holding a BRANCH.
Last edited by Alaris on September 13th, 2019, 12:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

🎩 sudoku

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Re: Michael's Cross - Eve's Petals

Post by Alaris »

Is that ox red? What another coincidence.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

Man, I have no idea what you're talking about, but I sure am grateful you share these things with us.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

endlessismyname wrote: September 10th, 2019, 9:09 pm Man, I have no idea what you're talking about, but I sure am grateful you share these things with us.
lol - I am pretty sure I said I wasn't 100 % sure myself what it all means hahaha :D

Robbinius
captain of 100

Post by Robbinius »

Alaris wrote: September 10th, 2019, 7:29 pm All,

Weeks ago, my wife had a dream where she saw four petals upon a stone. She felt it was important and attempted to describe it to me excitedly over a series of days. (Let's just say four petals isn't how she described it - I love you honey! :D)

She felt this symbol was so important, and her zeal rubbed off on me. I searched and pondered what she described, and my mind kept seeing the image of Michael's Cross, or the cross from the Order of St. Michael (didn't know what I was seeing at the time - had to look it up.)

As I described, and finally drew the symbol, my sweet wife was adamant that what I had drawn was mistaken. I was adamant that I wasn't! lol

Finally, we sat down and worked it out. Four petals in an X formation rather than a cross +

Fast forward days to a few weeks. We sat together on a sabbath afternoon watching an Egyptian documentary - I see an image go across the screen. WAIT! I rewind the video and pause on an image of the "Menat" or "Hathor's Yoke" - Here is that image:

menat-3.jpg

We just stared at each other. The two images - Michael's Cross and the four petals X were juxtaposed! If you've read my article on Horus and the Davidic Servant, then you may already know that I feel strongly that Egyptology contains echos of truth that trace back to its founding where Egyptus, though cursed as pertaining to the Priesthood, founded Egypt in righteousness and modeled after the Priesthood.

Feel free to read the article linked above for more information on Hathor and the symbols of the facsimiles, but I want to keep this thread focused.

So Hathor's yoke is a necklace many / most of you will recognize from Egyptian art - that broad, deep necklace that looks like a large half circle. The yoke aspect is SUPER interesting to me and my wife, especially since we've been discussing the changes to the temple endowment. CURSES may particularly pertain to woman's divine role - and the bearing of them. Hathor's yoke may be a real symbol of the Priesthood that predates the Egyptian empire.

Isaiah 52:1 Awake, awake; put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean.

2 Shake thyself from the dust; arise, and sit down, O Jerusalem: loose thyself from the bands of thy neck, O captive daughter of Zion.

You'll notice references to the daughter of zion and the daughter of Jerusalem. Egyptology actually has two ladies of the nile who pertain to the northern kingdom of Egypt and southern. They very much align to the 10 tribes (ZION) and the southern kingdom (Jerusalem.) The daughters of ZION and Jerusalem are "she" - and are described in the feminine. Why? Two reasons imho - First, the feminine aspect is a tribal aspect - motherhood. Second, the bearing of curses. Eve's curse is even more prominent in the recent endowment changes ... by revelation.

OK - so this is already way longer than I planned which is typical. I hope to expound on the above, but let's stick to this symbol. Let's look at modern revelation pertaining to Isaiah 52:

D&C 113:7 Questions by Elias Higbee: What is meant by the command in Isaiah, 52d chapter, 1st verse, which saith: Put on thy strength, O Zion—and what people had Isaiah reference to?

8 He had reference to those whom God should call in the last days, who should hold the power of priesthood to bring again Zion, and the redemption of Israel; and to put on her strength is to put on the authority of the priesthood, which she, Zion, has a right to by lineage; also to return to that power which she had lost.

9 What are we to understand by Zion loosing herself from the bands of her neck; 2d verse?

10 We are to understand that the scattered remnants are exhorted to return to the Lord from whence they have fallen; which if they do, the promise of the Lord is that he will speak to them, or give them revelation. See the 6th, 7th, and 8th verses. The bands of her neck are the curses of God upon her, or the remnants of Israel in their scattered condition among the Gentiles.

What else is in D&C 113? That's right - the definitions of the stem, root, and rod of Jesse. However, let's not make this post about men. All credit to my prophetess wife who pointed this out to me - that the removing of curses may in fact be also a part of the divine role of women. Bear them .... wear that yoke....then break them.

Here's another image from Egyptian art that shows Hathor's yoke on a cow / ox (symbol of Ephraim no less as well as one of the four heads of the beasts of revelation)

menat-ox.jpg

facsimile2-figure5.png

I've got to run, but I want to get this post up for discussion. In case, anyone thinks I'm seeing shapes in the clouds, consider the X and the + are separate but outline the ~ 400 AD mosaic of the Seal of Melchizedek.

And last night, as my wife was showing me symbols inside the Salt Lake City temple, I happened upon this gem

You'll need to click on this one as it's too large. Notice the door trim ... the exact same symbol. A cross + with four petals in a X formation.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... _Decor.jpg

This is mind-blowing stuff, Alaris. My first thought was the seal of Melchizedek when I started reading, and lo and behold you had it at the bottom. Nice! The Red Heifer has also been on my radar since Davka brought it up recently and there is zero question in my mind that that sacrifice relates to the feminine side of the priesthood, which is yet unrevealed. And having been thinking about that so much, I did notice it was red in your image.

The thing that is blowing me away here is the reference that we have read time and again about the "daughter of Zion." No one has ever expounded on that that I'm aware of. We sort of gloss over that phrase, like a "Mother Earth" type reference, where, "oh, I guess we have to refer to Zion as one of the pronouns, either male or female. I guess we'll go with female for no reason." But it's dawning on me now that there is certainly more to it than that. There is significance to the gender spoken of here.

I don't know that I'm seeing two ladies referenced in Isaiah 52 though. I see the daughter of Zion. Although if you read verse 1 with a certain reference to the circumcision there that I don't want to spell out, then yes, Jerusalem would certainly be female.

And I never cease to be amazed at the symbolism of the Salt Lake Temple. I was there a couple of weeks ago as you know. It had the seal of Melchizedek in the entrance and the celestial symbols I PMd you about. I did not notice those little gems you placed here though. My jaw is on the floor...

Dude, you are bringing the HEAT.

Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Sarah »

menat-3.jpg

menat-ox.jpg

facsimile2-figure5.png

Thanks for sharing this. I'll have to look at it tomorrow, but I am interested in understanding more fully the purpose of curses. That's great that you and your wife are having this fun adventure together of learning and studying this topic.
We know the ground was cursed for Adam's sake, so we have to assume that all the curses are for our sake, but it would be nice to know why the curses for women and certain races or nations are the way they are, in that it seems that all are punished because of the choice of one or the choice of the parents. The only explanation I can come up with is that we must have understood that we all would be affected by various curses of mortality, and we agreed to the terms because we understood that it would benefit us in the long run. How it benefits us, and why does one group go through one thing or one gender go through another. That is a mystery.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Robbinius wrote: September 10th, 2019, 9:49 pm

menat-3.jpg

menat-ox.jpg

facsimile2-figure5.png

This is mind-blowing stuff, Alaris. My first thought was the seal of Melchizedek when I started reading, and lo and behold you had it at the bottom. Nice! The Red Heifer has also been on my radar since Davka brought it up recently and there is zero question in my mind that that sacrifice relates to the feminine side of the priesthood, which is yet unrevealed. And having been thinking about that so much, I did notice it was red in your image.

The thing that is blowing me away here is the reference that we have read time and again about the "daughter of Zion." No one has ever expounded on that that I'm aware of. We sort of gloss over that phrase, like a "Mother Earth" type reference, where, "oh, I guess we have to refer to Zion as one of the pronouns, either male or female. I guess we'll go with female for no reason." But it's dawning on me now that there is certainly more to it than that. There is significance to the gender spoken of here.

I don't know that I'm seeing two ladies referenced in Isaiah 52 though. I see the daughter of Zion. Although if you read verse 1 with a certain reference to the circumcision there that I don't want to spell out, then yes, Jerusalem would certainly be female.

And I never cease to be amazed at the symbolism of the Salt Lake Temple. I was there a couple of weeks ago as you know. It had the seal of Melchizedek in the entrance and the celestial symbols I PMd you about. I did not notice those little gems you placed here though. My jaw is on the floor...

Does this scripture sound familiar?

Zechariah 9:9 ¶ Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an @#$, and upon a colt the foal of an @#$

11 As for thee also, by the blood of thy covenant I have sent forth thy prisoners out of the pit wherein is no water

14 And the Lord shall be seen over them, and his arrow shall go forth as the lightning: and the Lord God shall blow the trumpet, and shall go with whirlwinds of the south

16 And the Lord their God shall save them in that day as the flock of his people: for they shall be as the stones of a crown, lifted up as an ensign upon his land.

Robbinius
captain of 100

Post by Robbinius »

Alaris wrote: September 10th, 2019, 10:29 pm
Robbinius wrote: September 10th, 2019, 9:49 pm

menat-3.jpg

menat-ox.jpg

facsimile2-figure5.png

Does this scripture sound familiar?

Zechariah 9:9 ¶ Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an donkey, and upon a colt the foal of an donkey

11 As for thee also, by the blood of thy covenant I have sent forth thy prisoners out of the pit wherein is no water

14 And the Lord shall be seen over them, and his arrow shall go forth as the lightning: and the Lord God shall blow the trumpet, and shall go with whirlwinds of the south

16 And the Lord their God shall save them in that day as the flock of his people: for they shall be as the stones of a crown, lifted up as an ensign upon his land.
Ah yes, definitely female :)

Zathura
Follow the Prophet

Post by Zathura »

Alaris

Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Sarah »

And we wonder why the Cinderella story is so timeless.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Sarah wrote: September 11th, 2019, 2:32 pm And we wonder why the Cinderella story is so timeless.
I agree there are things that resonate with us in stories that resonate because they reflect eternal truth. Do you mind expounding on what you meant here?

Zathura
Follow the Prophet

Post by Zathura »

Stahura wrote: September 11th, 2019, 2:22 pmAlaris
It's official

Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Sarah »

Alaris wrote: September 11th, 2019, 2:46 pm
Sarah wrote: September 11th, 2019, 2:32 pm And we wonder why the Cinderella story is so timeless.
I agree there are things that resonate with us in stories that resonate because they reflect eternal truth. Do you mind expounding on what you meant here?
The Disney version of Cinderella is one of my favorite movies. At some point I realized that it was a story representing our relationship to Christ. He is the Prince in the Castle. The Castle is like the Temple. Cinderella is all of us, persecuted by the whore of Babylon and her daughters. She endures well, working hard, not rebelling, not complaining, always hoping, always dreaming of a brighter day. She treats everyone with kindness. She makes friends with the animals like we should do in befriending the most lowly among us. She is invited to the Ball, and gives all her strength to try to get there, but because of persecution and the weakness of the flesh, she cannot make it there on her own. The fairy Godmother comes to give her beautiful garments and to make her clean. She represents the Holy Ghost. We need his help to make it possible to come to the meet the Lord. She goes to the Ball and while all the wealthy are rejected, she is the one the Lord chooses to be his bride. But like the temple, she must leave for a time and go back to reality, but she is left with a token - the slipper. That token allows her to be reunited with her Prince.

There's probably more symbolism there but that is the basic outline of what I feel it may represent. Timeless truth.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Stahura wrote: September 11th, 2019, 3:02 pm
It's official
What does it mean to be "Pupil of Alaris"?

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

It's official

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Brother B. wrote: September 11th, 2019, 3:27 pm
It's official
So many things ...

Zathura
Follow the Prophet

Post by Zathura »

It's official
First and foremost, Tyrael was the archangel of justice , so I’m learning from one of the best.

Second, Alaris has this technique for anger management “goosfraba” and it will help me

Third, he needs a successor to hold his knowledge. I’m not yet a believer , but in time I will learn

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Stahura wrote: September 11th, 2019, 4:15 pm
It's official
First and foremost, Tyrael was the archangel of justice , so I’m learning from one of the best.

Second, Alaris has this technique for anger management “goosfraba” and it will help me

Third, he needs a successor to hold his knowledge. I’m not yet a believer , but in time I will learn
That... Is why you fail

Rick Grimes
captain of 100

Post by Rick Grimes »

Priesthood "feminine"??? You lost me there. Sounds like a Dan Brown novel.

Davka
captain of 1,000

Post by Davka »

Rick Grimes wrote: September 12th, 2019, 5:58 am Priesthood "feminine"??? You lost me there. Sounds like a Dan Brown novel.
In the temple, women are anointed to become queens and...what?

How can we be priestesses without priesthood?

Now I’m not lobbying for female ordination...totally unnecessary. I am absolutely positive that at some point in the future (whether in the world as we currently know it or the millennial realm), women’s priestess-hood roles will be revealed. If that happens through the Church as it is currently organized, great. If not, great. God will institute the proper order of things in his own due time and manner.

Just wait and see.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Re:

Post by Alaris »

BeNotDeceived wrote: September 10th, 2019, 7:49 pm 🎩 sudoku
John the Beloved's latest clue - I may actually understand this one. I think he's saying these clues are like Sudoku where you just have to look at what you have to derive the missing pieces. Am I right John?

Rick Grimes
captain of 100

Post by Rick Grimes »

Davka wrote: September 12th, 2019, 8:38 am
Rick Grimes wrote: September 12th, 2019, 5:58 am Priesthood "feminine"??? You lost me there. Sounds like a Dan Brown novel.

Now I’m not lobbying for female ordination...totally unnecessary. I am absolutely positive that at some point in the future (whether in the world as we currently know it or the millennial realm), women’s priestess-hood roles will be revealed. If that happens through the Church as it is currently organized, great. If not, great. God will institute the proper order of things in his own due time and manner.

Just wait and see.
I don't think so. All necessary priesthood ordinances, necessary for exaltation are already performed in the temple for the dead. Women are not ordained to any priesthood, unlike men. This doesnt diminish them in any way though. I believe it is manifestly simple that women will play a key role in the exaltation of both them and their husbands. That role will be in the helping of the creation of spirits, which without women, would be impossible. I dont believe any God can create life without His female counterpart, just like here on Earth. That is the divinity and sacred calling women have. They do not need priesthood, nor can they have it, anymore than a man could give birth to a child.

Davka
captain of 1,000

Post by Davka »

Rick Grimes wrote: September 12th, 2019, 10:48 pm
Davka wrote: September 12th, 2019, 8:38 am

Just wait and see.
I don't think so. All necessary priesthood ordinances, necessary for exaltation are already performed in the temple for the dead. Women are not ordained to any priesthood, unlike men. This doesnt diminish them in any way though. I believe it is manifestly simple that women will play a key role in the exaltation of both them and their husbands. That role will be in the helping of the creation of spirits, which without women, would be impossible. I dont believe any God can create life without His female counterpart, just like here on Earth. That is the divinity and sacred calling women have. They do not need priesthood, nor can they have it, anymore than a man could give birth to a child.
I didn’t say anything about ordination...actually I did, but I specifically said I don’t think female priesthood is conferred through ordination...especially ordination to what clearly is male priesthood.

I said our priestesshood would be revealed. Whether we already have that power — whatever it is — or it something bestowed later, I don’t know.

When it comes down to it, I don’t think we understand priesthood very well, even in the church, for men or women. Priesthood ordination only confers authority on men ...not power. Priesthood power is given to whom god will give and based on faith regardless of authority, and I would submit, gender. And it’s possible to exercise authority and have no power (imo this is the case for most men who “have” the priesthood).

So if we don’t really even understand what male priesthood is or entails, it seems reasonable to say that we also have little concept of female priesthood power. Your comments are a case and point — most members of the church continue to deny that women even have priesthood power, simply because we don’t have priesthood authority. Of course it involves creating, growing and nurturing life, but there is much mire to be revealed about the order of things and the role women play in God’s plan.

I don’t expect to be ordained to the priesthood so I, could, say, become a bishop or an apostle. Because, frankly, all that has to do with is priesthood authority, which is the man’s role as “head.” I do, however, anticipate at some time having more understanding about my priestess-hood power, which all exalted goddesses have in full measure with their husband. Like I said, why be anointed to become a queen and priestess if we have no priestess-hood at that point?

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

swift interpretation

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Alaris wrote: September 12th, 2019, 10:36 am
BeNotDeceived wrote: September 10th, 2019, 7:49 pm 🎩 sudoku
John the Beloved's latest clue - I may actually understand this one. I think he's saying these clues are like Sudoku where you just have to look at what you have to derive the missing pieces. Am I right John?
Good on you :P ,
keen insights, many !

John , but not the beloved. 🤫
John as role , but not actual birth designator. 🤫

Yes, 💎 🎩 is shape similar to Michael's Cross( 💎 as! Top ) with 24 cice.
No symbol for top or Top :? so must downcast 💎:therefore: top.superclass is 💎.

If a picture is worth a thousand words , then a vision is worth a million thanks to you, your Maker, and Eve's Petals :idea: