President Nelson visits New Zealand

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Zathura
Follow the Prophet

Re: President Nelson visits New Zealand

Post by Zathura »

setyourselffree wrote: May 20th, 2019, 1:10 pm
Elizabeth wrote: May 20th, 2019, 12:08 pm The previous day we welcomed President Nelson to Australia, we did not expect, ask for, nor receive financial assistance. Islam is the Church of Lucifer. I find it offensive to in any way support Muslims, financially or otherwise.
That is your opinion. I have several wonderful friends who are Muslim. They are more devout to God than some members of our church.
Picture the Book of Mormon.
Now Picture the Lamanites forming an organized religion, rather than the disorganized belief in some "Great Spirit" that they have in the BoM.
Picture the Lamanite religion believing what Muslims believe. Picture a solid 20% of them being extreme. More than extreme, extremely extreme. Picture a huge chunk of the rest of them, at least 50% don't practice what the extreme ones practice, but they support the unrighteous teachings that the extreme lamanites are spreading with fire and war.

Now picture Nephi, Alma, Mosiah visiting them and giving them money to put into the building of their abominable churches. Picture Alma allowing those Lamanites into his home. Picture Alma covering a picture of Jesus Christ so that the Lamanites could pray to their own God without feeling offended by the presence of any worship of the Son of God(Jesus Christ).

Nah. I also find it offensive.

thestock
captain of 1,000

Post by thestock »

Stahura wrote: May 20th, 2019, 1:16 pm
Elizabeth wrote: May 20th, 2019, 12:08 pm The previous day we welcomed President Nelson to Australia, we did not expect, ask for, nor receive financial assistance. Islam is the Church of Lucifer. I find it offensive to in any way support Muslims, financially or otherwise.
That is your opinion. I have several wonderful friends who are Muslim. They are more devout to God than some members of our church.
Now Picture the Lamanites forming an organized religion, rather than the disorganized belief in some "Great Spirit" that they have in the BoM.
Picture the Lamanite religion believing what Muslims believe. Picture a solid 20% of them being extreme. More than extreme, extremely extreme. Picture a huge chunk of the rest of them, at least 50% don't practice what the extreme ones practice, but they support the unrighteous teachings that the extreme lamanites are spreading with fire and war.

Now picture Nephi, Alma, Mosiah visiting them and giving them money to put into the building of their abominable churches. Picture Alma allowing those Lamanites into his home. Picture Alma covering a picture of Jesus Christ so that the Lamanites could pray to their own God without feeling offended by the presence of any worship of the Son of God(Jesus Christ).

Picture Alma and Nephi giving money to them because a 2 well-armed Nephites walked into the Lamanite church and lit up over 200 of them. The Lamanites get shot up by true believing Christians and what they get for their trouble is a fist full of bills? Seems like a mafioso thing to do to me :)

setyourselffree
captain of 1,000

Post by setyourselffree »

It's just money my friend. Money is not doctrine, it's just something temporal. If this can bring more Muslim's to have a more positive experience with the Church then it's a means to an end. The next great wave of converts will come from the Muslim faith.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

I think internet freedom is about to be thrown under the bus. The USA did not sign on to the proposal because of freedom of speech but if Trump is defeated in 2020 then guess what?

I think the Church might go along with it as long as they are exempted.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

I also have a good friend who is Muslim. He is a very, very kind man who also donates money to Christians.

Zathura
Follow the Prophet

Post by Zathura »

setyourselffree wrote: May 20th, 2019, 1:25 pm

It's just money my friend. Money is not doctrine, it's just something temporal. If this can bring more Muslim's to have a more positive experience with the Church then it's a means to an end. The next great wave of converts will come from the Muslim faith.
My friend, if this turns out to be true I will come find you and cry at your feet and say you were right.

setyourselffree
captain of 1,000

Stahura wrote: May 20th, 2019, 1:59 pm

My friend, if this turns out to be true I will come find you and cry at your feet and say you were right.
I have felt for some time that the Church is ramping up efforts with the Muslim faith. President Nelson has talked a lot lately of gathering Israel. The men and women from the middle east are the next to be gathered in. Seems like other countries are drying up. Africa and the Middle East are getting ready to boom with missionary work.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

setyourselffree wrote: May 20th, 2019, 2:02 pm

I have felt for some time that the Church is ramping up efforts with the Muslim faith.
You might be right. I was thinking the Jews are in the cross-hairs, maybe even the Catholics because of the Rome Temple and it being a so called hinge point.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

Mormonism is the Church of Lucifer

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Now picture Christ walking the earth- who did he help? Did he not also help the non-believers and the sinners? Does God not also rain his blessings on the wicked and the righteous? Does that also offend you? Just curious.

Zathura
Follow the Prophet

Post by Zathura »

shadow wrote: May 20th, 2019, 2:11 pm

Now picture Christ walking the earth- who did he help? Did he not also help the non-believers and the sinners? Does God not also rain his blessings on the wicked and the righteous? Does that also offend you? Just curious.
Yes, he helped everyone. None of that offends me.
I think Christ would help and bless all these individuals.. individually. I don't think that means that he wouldn't also disapprove of inviting them into our Chapels and covering pictures of HIM, our SAVIOR, our CREATOR in order for them to pray to some other God and giving them money to build up their churches where they worship another God.

captainfearnot
captain of 1,000

Post by captainfearnot »

Just happened to see this posted on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/khalidalameri/ ... 679069189/

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Stahura wrote: May 20th, 2019, 2:16 pm

I think Christ would help and bless all these individuals.. individually. I don't think that means that he wouldn't also disapprove of inviting them into our Chapels and covering pictures of HIM, our SAVIOR, our CREATOR in order for them to pray to some other God and giving them money to build up their churches where they worship another God.
Those pictures aren't really pictures of Christ. Their purpose is for us to ponder on him and bring reverence. You're not treating those pictures as idols are you?? I really don't think Christ gives a hoot about those pictures, but I could be wrong. What I love about LDS chapels is the feelings I feel there that I haven't felt in other places of worship. I bet some of those little Muslim kids can note a difference of feelings too, maybe even some of the adults. Either way they'll note our hospitality and concern for them. Kind of reminds me of the stories a cousin of mine told of when he was in south america on his mission. The gangsters would leave the missionaries alone because they, the missionaries, were kind to them. The missionaries were protected by the thugs of opposing gangs :lol:

As far as them believing in a different God- I'd say it's simply an incorrect belief in God. The story of Ammon might be of interest-

24 And Ammon began to speak unto him with boldness, and said unto him: Believest thou that there is a God?
25 And he answered, and said unto him: I do not know what that meaneth.
26 And then Ammon said: Believest thou that there is a Great Spirit?
27 And he said, Yea.
28 And Ammon said: This is God. And Ammon said unto him again: Believest thou that this Great Spirit, who is God, created all things which are in heaven and in the earth?
etc. etc.

Just need to build on the things we do agree on. But they have to know that we genuinely care for them.

thestock
captain of 1,000

Post by thestock »

setyourselffree wrote: May 20th, 2019, 2:02 pm
Stahura wrote: May 20th, 2019, 1:59 pm

I have felt for some time that the Church is ramping up efforts with the Muslim faith. President Nelson has talked a lot lately of gathering Israel. The men and women from the middle east are the next to be gathered in. Seems like other countries are drying up. Africa and the Middle East are getting ready to boom with missionary work.
I dont see the church making significant growth among any countries that have the internet.

Zathura
Follow the Prophet

Post by Zathura »

shadow wrote: May 20th, 2019, 2:39 pm
Stahura wrote: May 20th, 2019, 2:16 pm

Those pictures aren't really pictures of Christ. Their purpose is for us to ponder on him and bring reverence. You're not treating those pictures as idols are you?? I really don't think Christ gives a hoot about those pictures, but I could be wrong. What I love about LDS chapels is the feelings I feel there that I haven't felt in other places of worship. I bet some of those little Muslim kids can note a difference of feelings too, maybe even some of the adults. Either way they'll note our hospitality and concern for them. Kind of reminds me of the stories a cousin of mine told of when he was in south america on his mission. The gangsters would leave the missionaries alone because they, the missionaries, were kind to them. The missionaries were protected by the thugs of opposing gangs :lol:

As far as them believing in a different God- I'd say it's simply an incorrect belief in God. The story of Ammon might be of interest-

24 And Ammon began to speak unto him with boldness, and said unto him: Believest thou that there is a God?
25 And he answered, and said unto him: I do not know what that meaneth.
26 And then Ammon said: Believest thou that there is a Great Spirit?
27 And he said, Yea.
28 And Ammon said: This is God. And Ammon said unto him again: Believest thou that this Great Spirit, who is God, created all things which are in heaven and in the earth?
etc. etc.

Just need to build on the things we do agree on. But they have to know that we genuinely care for them.
The symbols in the Temples aren't the real thing, and yet we are not supposed to reveal them and should treat them with the utmost respect and reverence.

Likewise, can those paintings not be symbols of Christ? You don't see the symbolism of covering up a painting of our Creator for another religion to pray to a different God? A religion that certainly believes in Jesus as a prophet but denies his divinity as Savior and Redeemer? Jesus Christ is the God they should be praying to, and yet they cover up a picture of that God to pray. Who then are they praying to? Another God.

Ammon wouldn't have denied the existence of Jesus Christ and "covered" any mention of him as he is supposed to be preaching of Christ to the Lamanites.

Zathura
Follow the Prophet

Post by Zathura »

shadow wrote: May 20th, 2019, 2:39 pm
The equivalent would be this:

Do you believe in God, that great Creator?

-I believe in a great Allah, is this what you mean?

Yes, that Allah is Jesus Christ.

These conversations with Muslims don't go this way. Instead of showing them that the picture of Jesus Christ IS ALLAH, they cover the picture of Christ and let them worship another God.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

From Religion News:

https://religionnews.com/2019/05/20/new ... r-mormons/

"For his part, Nelson sounds like he was a bit bowled over by everything Ardern has achieved. (Jacindamania is a real thing, even for a guy more than half a century her senior.) He singled out her compassionate, strong leadership in the aftermath of the Christchurch attacks and offered some thoughts on her multiple roles:

She’s courageous. The world will discover they’ve got a real leader here. It’s an unlikely scenario, a young mother leading a great nation, a peacemaker, a policymaker, a consensus-builder. We’re very confident she’ll have a great future."

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Stahura wrote: May 20th, 2019, 2:45 pm

Ammon wouldn't have denied the existence of Jesus Christ and "covered" any mention of him as he is supposed to be preaching of Christ to the Lamanites.
I don't think anyone has denied the existence of Christ to appease the Muslims? If you have to exaggerate to prove a point then it's probably not a good point.

setyourselffree
captain of 1,000

SmallFarm wrote: May 20th, 2019, 2:10 pm
Holy Smokes! You have done a 180!

Zathura
Follow the Prophet

Post by Zathura »

shadow wrote: May 20th, 2019, 2:56 pm
Stahura wrote: May 20th, 2019, 2:45 pm

I don't think anyone has denied the existence of Christ to appease the Muslims? If you have to exaggerate to prove a point then it's probably not a good point.
They deny the existence of Christ and we consent to it by covering all references to him while they pray in his chapel to a different God.(A God by the way, that supposedly commands his people to do not very nice things to those who believe in any God other than theirs (Which includes Jesus Christ, Savior, Messiah, and Redeemer of the world))

Zathura
Follow the Prophet

Post by Zathura »

Look where "Follow the Prophet" and "We cannot lead you Astray" has taken some people.

They are stuck defending ISLAM and ISLAMIC beliefs. They are defending the COVERING UP of paintings of Jesus Christ for Muslims to pray to their God(Our God is a jealous God by the way). They are defending the payment of monies to a Religion that kills Christians because their God tells them to.

Goodness Gracious. At this point, can I really say anything to dissuade them?

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

setyourselffree wrote: May 20th, 2019, 3:00 pm
I'm pretty sure he meant that in the context of "every time we use the word Mormonism, it's a victory for Satan". (Nelson)

setyourselffree
captain of 1,000

Lizzy60 wrote: May 20th, 2019, 3:16 pm
setyourselffree wrote: May 20th, 2019, 3:00 pm
I'm pretty sure he meant that in the context of "every time we use the word Mormonism, it's a victory for Satan". (Nelson)
I hope so, he has said some things on here that have made me think he is upset with something.

Lord of my dogs
captain of 100

Post by Lord of my dogs »

Lizzy60 wrote: May 20th, 2019, 2:48 pm From Religion News:

https://religionnews.com/2019/05/20/new ... r-mormons/

"For his part, Nelson sounds like he was a bit bowled over by everything Ardern has achieved. (Jacindamania is a real thing, even for a guy more than half a century her senior.) He singled out her compassionate, strong leadership in the aftermath of the Christchurch attacks and offered some thoughts on her multiple roles:

She’s courageous. The world will discover they’ve got a real leader here. It’s an unlikely scenario, a young mother leading a great nation, a peacemaker, a policymaker, a consensus-builder. We’re very confident she’ll have a great future."
Maybe SHE is the anti-Christ

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Prime Minister Arden supports homosexuals, muslims, refugee immigration, is an unmarried mother living with the father of her baby... even though she attended BYU and was raised LDS. :?
Lizzy60 wrote: May 20th, 2019, 2:48 pm He singled out her compassionate, strong leadership in the aftermath of the Christchurch attacks and offered some thoughts on her multiple roles: She’s courageous. The world will discover they’ve got a real leader here. It’s an unlikely scenario, a young mother leading a great nation, a peacemaker, a policymaker, a consensus-builder. We’re very confident she’ll have a great future."