SSRIs (Prozac, Zoloft, etc) = very effective tools of Satan

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
tmac
captain of 1,000

Re: SSRIs (Prozac, Zoloft, etc) = very effective tools of Satan

Post by tmac »

Nutmeg, I didn't think you were being mean or bitter or anything. I'm sure there are always more things that we could look into, and we should. I agree that we should continue our efforts and do everything we can. One relevant issue is differences of opinion, etc., between my wife and me about alternative medicine, etc. At this point, having done what she considers to be her due diligence, she has pretty much concluded that there is really no good, realistic alternative to treatment with insulin in our case. I'm still looking for alternatives, but even though I'm the patriarch, I'm not the mother, and not really in the driver's seat when it comes to experimenting with treatment(s) for her/our son. The reality is, his blood sugar levels jump around enough (often low), that regardless of what we do, consistency is a real issue.

Kurt
captain of 100

Post by Kurt »

LDSConservative wrote:One of the two discoverers of the serotonin binding process that made these drugs possible (SSRI's / Antidepressants), Dr. Candace Pert, who headed the Brain Chemistry Department at the National Institutes of Health for 13 years, publicly came out against the drugs in October of 1997 in TIME magazine. She boldly stated: "I am alarmed at the monster...created when we discovered the simple binding assay for drug receptors 25 years ago..."

Quote from Dr. Candace Pert:

"I am alarmed at the monster that Johns Hopkins neuroscientist Solomon Snyder and I created when we discovered the simple binding assay for drug receptors 25 years ago. Prozac and other antidepressant serotonin-receptor-active compounds may also cause cardiovascular problems in some susceptible people after long-term use, which has become common practice despite the lack of safety studies.

"The public is being misinformed about the precision of these selective serotonin-uptake inhibitors when the medical profession oversimplifies their action in the brain and ignores the body as if it exists merely to carry the head around! In short, these molecules of emotion regulate every aspect of our physiology. A new paradigm has evolved, with implications that life-style changes such as diet and exercise can offer profound, safe and natural mood elevation.[/
b]"

(Source: Dr. Candace B. Pert, Letter to the Editor of TIME Magazine, October 20, 1997, page 8.)

Thanks for the quote. I think that the greatest problem with many mind drugs is that we cannot comprehend all that is going on in correlation with the drugs. I have decided too be very careful about such things. "Five out of six persons 65 and older are taking at least one medication and almost half the elderly take three or more." Some people take a prescription or two to correct a side effects of the first. I have a family member in such a situation. We must use discernment when dealing with our own bodies and what we put in them. A few years ago I was a trusting victim of our health corporation of America, today I am much more aware of the evil and conspiring men who do things purely for their own gain with a side benefit of helping those they sell the product too. Sometimes the side benefit is smaller than the actual side effects and risk! I have met too many who assume the medical industry is God and therefore all knowing. It has become profit first, people second in too many instances.

(Edit:to correct an error on the number of prescription drugs the elderly are taking due to my memory being wrong :oops: )
Last edited by Kurt on September 10th, 2009, 3:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Kurt wrote:I think there is a problem with our society who puts the average senior citizen on 6 to 10 drugs a day...A few years ago I was a trusting victim of our health corporation of America, today I am much more aware of the evil and conspiring men who do things purely for their own gain with a side benefit of helping those they sell the product too. Sometimes the side benefit is smaller than the actual side effects and risk!! I have met too many who assume the medical industry is God and therefore all knowing. It has become profit first, people second in too many instances.
It's sad, and wrong...

"Almost Half of Americans Take At Least One Prescription Drug: Is America the most medicated nation on Earth? Could be, according data just released by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) showing that at least half of all Americans takes at least one prescription drug, with one in six taking three or more medications."

AussieOi
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by AussieOi »

Yes these drugs suck. You retain fluid, you zombiefy, you zonk out, etc

Of course, if it weren't for these medicines my wife would 100% have killed herself by now many times over. Possibly our kids too.

You wanna call clinical depression "a bad day" hey, fine

but I'll expect you to call blindness, arthritis and diabetes a bad day too

IF my wife can make it to 65- we'll deal with the cardio issues then

right now, we'll just try and get through September

LDSConservative wrote:One of the two discoverers of the serotonin binding process that made these drugs possible (SSRI's / Antidepressants), Dr. Candace Pert, who headed the Brain Chemistry Department at the National Institutes of Health for 13 years, publicly came out against the drugs in October of 1997 in TIME magazine. She boldly stated: "I am alarmed at the monster...created when we discovered the simple binding assay for drug receptors 25 years ago..."

"I am alarmed at the monster that Johns Hopkins neuroscientist Solomon Snyder and I created when we discovered the simple binding assay for drug receptors 25 years ago. Prozac and other antidepressant serotonin-receptor-active compounds may also cause cardiovascular problems in some susceptible people after long-term use, which has become common practice despite the lack of safety studies.

"The public is being misinformed about the precision of these selective serotonin-uptake inhibitors when the medical profession oversimplifies their action in the brain and ignores the body as if it exists merely to carry the head around! In short, these molecules of emotion regulate every aspect of our physiology. A new paradigm has evolved, with implications that life-style changes such as diet and exercise can offer profound, safe and natural mood elevation."

(Source: Dr. Candace B. Pert, Letter to the Editor of TIME Magazine, October 20, 1997, page 8.)

ChelC
The Law

Post by ChelC »

AussieOi wrote:Yes these drugs suck. You retain fluid, you zombiefy, you zonk out, etc

Of course, if it weren't for these medicines my wife would 100% have killed herself by now many times over. Possibly our kids too.

You wanna call clinical depression "a bad day" hey, fine

but I'll expect you to call blindness, arthritis and diabetes a bad day too

IF my wife can make it to 65- we'll deal with the cardio issues then

right now, we'll just try and get through September

"The public is being misinformed about the precision of these selective serotonin-uptake inhibitors when the medical profession oversimplifies their action in the brain and ignores the body as if it exists merely to carry the head around! In short, these molecules of emotion regulate every aspect of our physiology. A new paradigm has evolved, with implications that life-style changes such as diet and exercise can offer profound, safe and natural mood elevation."

Thank you Aussie. In fairness, those who haven't experienced what we have really don't understand that we aren't talking about the blues or "extra energy." Before finding meds to help our son I was devastated and convinced that I'd be visiting him in prison one day if he didn't kill us first. If you haven't been there, you are truly ignorant. I don't say that as an insult - I was truly ignorant before my son opened my eyes to mental illness.

AussieOi
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by AussieOi »

No Chelc, most people are just ignorant

but hey, just "snap out of it"

the only thing that got her through it was the church and priesthood blessings

by the same token the typically most ignorant people We ever came across were the occasional bishop/ stake president.

Just read the scriptures sister
stop thinking of yourself sister
you need to repent of something sister

we used to say " so how do you think that advice would work on an autistic kid?"

they have also been some of the best otoh- aside from professional help- which can ge equally dangerous

ChelC
The Law

Post by ChelC »

I watched a documentary trailer about pediatric bipolar, and a father was quoted as saying in essence, "If you live with it, you can't deny it. You see the lack of control. You look into the eyes and think 'my little kid's not in there right now.'"

That is exactly the way it is with our son. When he loses control he isn't there. It's spooky. It looks like the eyes of a heroin addict when he's in the middle of a melt down.

This documentary also mentions that ped. bipolar is written about in medical journals in the 1800's. That should point to the fact that it isn't the preservatives and dyes in our food causing the problems. It's more than that.

We got serious when he started trying to hurt himself, especially after our doctor explained that the suicide rates for bipolar disorder is about 30%. (Various studies put the numbers at between 15-50%)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UZHTR5m ... re=related
Our son has every symptom listed under mania, and the kid "raging" in this video is very small potatoes compared with what he was like during a rage which could last hours. Our son is strong and violent. We're talking mattress and bedding stripped and on the floor, frequently dents or holes in doors and walls, all the clothing in his room thrown about the place. Anything he could get his hands on to destroy including himself, he would. On the depressive side, my son really only experiences some irritability. He stays on the manic side almost entirely, and is rapid cycling. At his worst I spent several hours a day with him in a violent rage almost daily, multiple times a day. We recently were giving him fiber and found that it didn't allow proper absorption and we started to see a return of these symptoms. A couple bad weeks before we realized why he was backsliding, followed by immediate improvement when we eliminated the fiber. You cannot tell me he doesn't need it or that it isn't real.

Also, Carlos is the healthiest eater in our family.

AussieOi
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by AussieOi »

ChelC wrote:I watched a documentary trailer about pediatric bipolar, and a father was quoted as saying in essence, "If you live with it, you can't deny it. You see the lack of control. You look into the eyes and think 'my little kid's not in there right now.'"

That is exactly the way it is with our son. When he loses control he isn't there. It's spooky. It looks like the eyes of a heroin addict when he's in the middle of a melt down.

This documentary also mentions that ped. bipolar is written about in medical journals in the 1800's. That should point to the fact that it isn't the preservatives and dyes in our food causing the problems. It's more than that.

We got serious when he started trying to hurt himself, especially after our doctor explained that the suicide rates for bipolar disorder is about 30%. (Various studies put the numbers at between 15-50%)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UZHTR5m ... re=related
Our son has every symptom listed under mania, and the kid "raging" in this video is very small potatoes compared with what he was like during a rage which could last hours. Our son is strong and violent. We're talking mattress and bedding stripped and on the floor, frequently dents or holes in doors and walls, all the clothing in his room thrown about the place. Anything he could get his hands on to destroy including himself, he would. On the depressive side, my son really only experiences some irritability. He stays on the manic side almost entirely, and is rapid cycling. At his worst I spent several hours a day with him in a violent rage almost daily, multiple times a day. We recently were giving him fiber and found that it didn't allow proper absorption and we started to see a return of these symptoms. A couple bad weeks before we realized why he was backsliding, followed by immediate improvement when we eliminated the fiber. You cannot tell me he doesn't need it or that it isn't real.

Also, Carlos is the healthiest eater in our family.

I know a sister in our ward- she is a true sh*t magnet. anything unlucky, she gets

sometimes life draws you a rotten hand

i just love those who shake their head and say "i know what you are saying"

me. i've got no idea. hey, my bro is bi-polar MDP. my old man went massive suicidal with his brain cancer, my wife PND x 3, etc etc

poor kid- is that why J moved to Alaska? ;-)

you wonder why it has to happen to kids tho

autism, now theres a really sad case

thank goodness for the gospel eh. there is a hope after this life for those who miss out on this life

i'd get pretty angry otherwise. thinking i got ripped off in this one by mother nature

ChelC
The Law

Post by ChelC »

The thing is, he isn't like that now. Which is why I'm extremely passionate about this subject! He would be if we denied him his medicine, but since he's been stable for almost two years now, we haven't seen those behaviors except for twice - mildly the week before last from the fiber, and pretty bad for a while when his meds didn't come in and we had to wean the dosage down to get through that time. When he is medicated he is just a regular kid - but a bit more.... enthusiastic!

He's also one of the most creative kids I've ever seen, which I've noticed about other bipolar kids and I wonder if there is a connection. Opposition in all things, right? :wink: Everything he feels or experiences or imagines is magnified. He has deeper joy than most people ever experience. Unfortunately it's coupled with deeper anxiety, deeper sorrow in the midst of a rage.

Anyway, sometimes I wonder if there is a reason for all of it. Maybe he'll be able to create something no one else could. One of our doctors once said that there are theories that it is a side effect of a more advanced brain, others say it's a defect that's more prevalent because our day requires a brain that can flip from thing to thing rapidly. I don't know what's true, but you'd be hard pressed to find a more creative soul than my son.

Medication gives him life, and that's my over-spoken testimonial! :D

AussieOi
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by AussieOi »

ChelC wrote:The thing is, he isn't like that now. Which is why I'm extremely passionate about this subject! He would be if we denied him his medicine, but since he's been stable for almost two years now, we haven't seen those behaviors except for twice - mildly the week before last from the fiber, and pretty bad for a while when his meds didn't come in and we had to wean the dosage down to get through that time. When he is medicated he is just a regular kid - but a bit more.... enthusiastic!

He's also one of the most creative kids I've ever seen, which I've noticed about other bipolar kids and I wonder if there is a connection. Opposition in all things, right? :wink: Everything he feels or experiences or imagines is magnified. He has deeper joy than most people ever experience. Unfortunately it's coupled with deeper anxiety, deeper sorrow in the midst of a rage.

Anyway, sometimes I wonder if there is a reason for all of it. Maybe he'll be able to create something no one else could. One of our doctors once said that there are theories that it is a side effect of a more advanced brain, others say it's a defect that's more prevalent because our day requires a brain that can flip from thing to thing rapidly. I don't know what's true, but you'd be hard pressed to find a more creative soul than my son.

Medication gives him life, and that's my over-spoken testimonial! :D
nice to hear the control is there
yeah, MDP or bi-polar, they access a place we can't get to. most brilliant people in history probably were. but it comes at a nasty price of depression.

is there a reason we hope? sadly, i think that this experience sometimes just dishes up random "angst"

is there a reason everyone in kenya is starting right now?

i tell those who say there is a reason for everything to go tell that to the kid being abused by the catholic priest at the moment.

exactly. sometimes, life just sucks

its the random nature we signed up for tho

i guess we all could see the story ends well

gruden
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden »

I came across something interesting recently about magnesium. Magnesium boosts the production of serotonin, which is exactly what many dealing with these kinds of things need. And, naturally, most people are deficient in magnesium (and many other things). All these things fit together.
Mayo Clinic wrote:Precisely how SSRIs affect depression isn't clear. Certain brain chemicals called neurotransmitters are associated with depression, including the neurotransmitter serotonin (ser-oh-TOE-nin). Some research suggests that abnormalities in neurotransmitter activity affect mood and behavior. SSRIs seem to relieve symptoms of depression by blocking the reabsorption (reuptake) of serotonin by certain nerve cells in the brain. This leaves more serotonin available in the brain. Increased serotonin enhances neurotransmission — the sending of nerve impulses — and improves mood. SSRIs are called selective because they seem to affect only serotonin, not other neurotransmitters.
wikipedia wrote:SSRI antidepressants, except in a few instances, are fluorinated molecules. These include citalopram, escitalopram oxalate, fluoxetine, fluvoxamine maleate, and paroxetine. A notable exception is sertraline. Because of the difficulty of biological systems in dealing with metabolism of fluorinated molecules, fluorinated antibiotics and antidepressants are among the major fluorinated organics found in treated city sewage and wastewater.
The pineal gland is the most susceptible - even more than bone and teeth - to fluoride than any other tissue. Some consider the pineal gland to be the brain's bridge to spirituality. It regulates many hormones, including melatonin, responsible for our waking/sleep cycles.

I've begun doing some experimentation with magnesium, both in capsulated form and colloidal. I've seen promising results for this oft-overlooked mineral.

What I highly recommend is anyone taking or considering taking SSRIs is to do serious research on fluoride and its effect on the body. Fluoride is right up there with mercury, yet people have no idea what a powerful negative effect it has on many bodily function, and tissue like the pineal gland. For 1 positive outcome there are dozens of negative ones.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

My nutritional wife is heavily into natural solutions in this regard. She always recommends that her clients read a book titled "The Mood Cure" by Julia Ross. It is full of insightful natural remedies and solutions for depression and the like.

ShawnC
Minion

Post by ShawnC »

gruden wrote:I came across something interesting recently about magnesium. Magnesium boosts the production of serotonin, which is exactly what many dealing with these kinds of things need. And, naturally, most people are deficient in magnesium (and many other things). All these things fit together.
Mayo Clinic wrote:Precisely how SSRIs affect depression isn't clear. Certain brain chemicals called neurotransmitters are associated with depression, including the neurotransmitter serotonin (ser-oh-TOE-nin). Some research suggests that abnormalities in neurotransmitter activity affect mood and behavior. SSRIs seem to relieve symptoms of depression by blocking the reabsorption (reuptake) of serotonin by certain nerve cells in the brain. This leaves more serotonin available in the brain. Increased serotonin enhances neurotransmission — the sending of nerve impulses — and improves mood. SSRIs are called selective because they seem to affect only serotonin, not other neurotransmitters.
wikipedia wrote:SSRI antidepressants, except in a few instances, are fluorinated molecules. These include citalopram, escitalopram oxalate, fluoxetine, fluvoxamine maleate, and paroxetine. A notable exception is sertraline. Because of the difficulty of biological systems in dealing with metabolism of fluorinated molecules, fluorinated antibiotics and antidepressants are among the major fluorinated organics found in treated city sewage and wastewater.
The pineal gland is the most susceptible - even more than bone and teeth - to fluoride than any other tissue. Some consider the pineal gland to be the brain's bridge to spirituality. It regulates many hormones, including melatonin, responsible for our waking/sleep cycles.

I've begun doing some experimentation with magnesium, both in capsulated form and colloidal. I've seen promising results for this oft-overlooked mineral.

What I highly recommend is anyone taking or considering taking SSRIs is to do serious research on fluoride and its effect on the body. Fluoride is right up there with mercury, yet people have no idea what a powerful negative effect it has on many bodily function, and tissue like the pineal gland. For 1 positive outcome there are dozens of negative ones.
Agreed. Thank you for the info. I understand that chocolate actually has levels of serotonin as well, which perhaps is why women crave it so. It helps regulate the chemical serotonin levels in their bodies. Can't be a bad thing huh?

Shawn

LDSNZ
captain of 100

Post by LDSNZ »

shadow wrote:ChelC,
You and Seth sound like great parents. Your son is blessed.
Ditto.

Kiaora Chelc,

Since birth, has your son had any vaccine or immunisation shots? If so? How many, what for (& do you know the pharmaceutical names of the vaccines?) & is there a special medical term that they (the doctors) use to describe his condition?

Kind regards,

TK

LDSNZ
captain of 100

Post by LDSNZ »

ldsliberty wrote:
LDSConservative wrote: I'll just list some examples here... most people could be free of prescriptions by changing their lifestyle - for some this might require such extreme measures as becoming vegetarian, cutting out all white sugar, no dairy, and no wheat. Also, lack of physical activity/exercise and lack of sunlight can be the cause of these problems. Stress, lack of sleep. On top of that it's important that your diet consist of mostly fresh vegetables and fruit (i.e. word of wisdom)... Most people I know never tried these things before going on meds, and those that I personal know who have completely changed their lifestyle have cured themselves of cancer, liver/kidney/gall problems, diabetes, depression, bipolar, and other. Yes, these methods are inconvenient, but worth it.
I can testify to this statement by LDSConservative. My wife has had asthma and alergies all of her life. When she used to go to the pharmacy for her monthly perscriptions, they would have to walk outside to hand the bag to her because it wouldn't all fit through the drive through. She decided to be completely eliminate all animal proteins from her diet (she already was a vegitarian more or less but now she cut out everything completely out) and started using herbs and other natural remidies. She has now completely eliminated all of her medications. As a part of this, she has asked for multiple priesthood blessings to help her get through this time.

Me - I've just tried to minimize my consumption of animal proteins so I can continue to enjoy them throughout my life. :)
Good stuff guys.

& may I add organic foods & organic liquids that are free of additives, preservatives & agricultural sprays.
Last edited by LDSNZ on September 17th, 2009, 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChelC
The Law

Post by ChelC »

LDSNZ wrote:
shadow wrote:ChelC,
You and Seth sound like great parents. Your son is blessed.
Ditto.

Kiaora Chelc,

Since birth, has your son had any vaccine or immunisation shots? If so? How many, what for (& do you know the pharmaceutical names of the vaccines?) & is there a special medical term that they (the doctors) use to describe his condition?

Kind regards,

TK
He spent his first two and half years in Guatemala and we have no idea what the quality of the vaccines was there. I've often wondered about them, but because he is adopted we just don't know much of anything except from 2 1/2 on. The doctors have not given an official diagnosis because of his age - he's seven now. The diagnosis is listed as PDD-NOS. However, with all the research I've done on my own, I have believed since he was three or four that he has bipolar disorder. His doctors never give the official diagnosis, but they always talk to us about bipolar disorder, so I know it's what they believe he has as well. He takes Seroquel, which I think they call an "atypical antipsychotic." It made me physically ill to give it to him just because I thought it was labeling him a psycho, lol! We knew our prayers had led us to this path though, so we went ahead with it and I'm so glad we did.

I would love to find a cause and cure for him. I would love to take it from him. Until that time, it's a very good bandaid. To me, I guess it's a bit like a tourniquet, with natural treatments being the forest. Everyone is telling us that in the forest is a cure for our son while he's bleeding to death.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

My personal philosophy is nature first, then modern advances. I believe drugs were at least initially inspired by Heavenly Father. Though, it's likely that some took this knowledge and used it for personal gain. Certainly, some drugs hardly seem to be worth the risk.

Drugs for mental problems seem to be overall much more risky, but they have helped some people, including a woman in my mom's ward. I personally found chocolate to be all I need (seriously! and I have somewhat serious depression.) But some people have much worse problems with depression and other mental disease. The important thing, as always, is to seek the Lord's will in making decisions about drugs.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

My brother-in-law, who helped me create this video, put it online (The Video I created for a college project on SSRI's): http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d8f_1248760250
It's not the greatest, but there is a lot of good information in it. Regarding dairy, Dr Tracy mentions it being one of the worst and mentions a Doctor in Florida took autistic and schizophrenic children Off of dairy, 80% had their symptoms disappear. http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d8f_1248760250
In our day, people are condemning natural substances that are actually vital parts of a healthy diet. The problem is not with dairy and wheat, but with the way they are processed. Refined flour is a nutritionless mass your body has to deal with. Breakfast cereal may actually be the most dangerous substance your child puts in his mouth because of the molecular changes made to the grains as they are processed. The milk you buy on the shelf is from sickly cows and has been processed in a way that removes much of the little nutrition left in it. And I won't even mention the pestisides!

I think people need to know what is happening with their food. The cleanliness of the plants isn't even an issue compared with what they are doing to your food. This is probably why we are encouraged to grow our own food--not for protection against economic woes, but for protection from the food industry. The fact that autistic children do better without today's sorry excuse for milk shows that our food just isn't what it should be.

LDSNZ
captain of 100

Autism

Post by LDSNZ »

I think people need to know what is happening with their food. The cleanliness of the plants isn't even an issue compared with what they are doing to your food. This is probably why we are encouraged to grow our own food--not for protection against economic woes, but for protection from the food industry
I agree.
The fact that autistic children do better without today's sorry excuse for milk shows that our food just isn't what it should be.
More info on autism causes:

Dr. Horowitz questioned government health officials regarding a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) secreted report showing a definitive link between the mercury ingredient (i.e., thimerosal), common to most vaccinations, and the skyrocketing rates of autism and behavioral disorders affecting our children and the future our nation.

LDSNZ
captain of 100

Ten Swine Flu Lies Told by the Mainstream Media

Post by LDSNZ »