National anthems to be removed from the hymnal

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

National anthems to be removed from the hymnal

Post by gkearney »

From the Church website on the upcoming world wide hymnal:

"Because the new core collections will be the same in every language, national anthems will not be included in the printed hymnbooks."

https://www.lds.org/music/new-music/fre ... s?lang=eng

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Re: National anthems to be removed from the hymnal

Post by Sunain »

gkearney wrote: June 18th, 2018, 1:36 pm From the Church website on the upcoming world wide hymnal:

"Because the new core collections will be the same in every language, national anthems will not be included in the printed hymnbooks."

O Canada was always an insert in our hymn book anyhow.

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

Sunain wrote: June 18th, 2018, 1:41 pm
gkearney wrote: June 18th, 2018, 1:36 pm From the Church website on the upcoming world wide hymnal:

As is Advance Australia Fair

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Sunain wrote: June 18th, 2018, 1:41 pm

And it should continue to be in there, just like the songs in the USA edition.
I'm against removing those.
dc

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

To clarify the current English language hymnal is not really a USA edition. The same hymnal is used across the English speaking world so you find it in Canada, Australia, the UK, Ireland, and in English speaking wards in South Africa, India, Hong Kong and so on. In many places the local national Anthem get pasted into the back cover of the book as sort of an afterthought. The only two national Anthems printed in the hymnal are the Star Spangled Banner (US) and God Save the Queen (UK).
Last edited by gkearney on June 18th, 2018, 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vision
captain of 1,000

Post by Vision »

Good. Patriotism is the gateway drug to pride.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

I love those songs, that's dissapointing.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

CelestialAngel wrote: June 18th, 2018, 5:37 pm When was the last time the hymnbook was updated? And to be honest primary songs touch my soul more than regular hymns.
1984, I think.

Follow the Prophet. Yes, I forgot to mention that as a favorite.

Aha, time for a musical interlude.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcFks_graPQ
dc

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Globalization marches us onward to the NWO ideals. Hey wait, that might be a great title for a future anthem for the one-world government!

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

I don't really care if national anthems are removed. It is sung maybe once a year anyway.

However, the standardization will mean that there will be no other local hymns either. In current hymnals, there are usually a few songs that are in that particular language only.
Those are usually the best songs.
Often they might also be the only hymns that are familiar to investigators.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Vision wrote: June 18th, 2018, 4:37 pm Good. Patriotism is the gateway drug to pride.
I still love this quote from Brigham Young:
"Very closely allied to this party spirit is the national feeling that some exhibit. This national feeling is another feature of "Gentilism." "Gentilism" breaks up the family of man, and divides them off into parties and nations, having contrary interests. "Mormonism," on the other hand, . . . by drawing them from all nations . . . unites the family of man. . . . There are good and bad . . . qualities in all nations. . . . All real Saints, when they receive the Gospel, will readily relinquish party spirit and national feeling, and count such things as the distinctive ornaments of Satan's kingdom."
- Brigham Young
In the Kingdom of God, the family of man is not artificially broken into nations or factions. Perhaps that is what we are trying to approach with this slight content modification.

I'm in favor. Let us be one.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

One night, a couple of years ago, I had a concept for a song come to me in my sleep. It repeated over and over through the night. It included the subject matter and a tune. I shared this with a friend who is a songwriter-singer and she told me I better get to work on it while it was fresh in my brain. As it turned out, it’s kind of a ballad and would most likely work well with a guitar I think. However, I don’t play guitar and haven’t done much more with it.

Not exactly something you would put in a hymn book….

Gloria Gloria Gloria
When the sun turns dark and the moon is red
and the stars fall from the sky…
I will come to you, I’ll deliver you,
na na na na na na na
Gloria Gloria Gloria

Voice of thunderings, earth is trembling
and the hearts of men shall fail…
I’ll send my angels to, keep watch over you,
na na na na na na na
Gloria Gloria Gloria

Angry waves of seas, heave beyond their bounds
and the skies are dark and gray…
That’s when I shall be, captain over thee,
na na na na na na na
Gloria Gloria Gloria

Sound of trumpeting, saints are gathering,
to the land where Adam dwelt…
That’s where I shall be, will you come to me?
na na na na na na na
Gloria Gloria Gloria

Needs some kind of a musical interlude here… leading into the last verse.

Darkness gathering, stars cannot be seen,
Vail of darkness or the earth…
Looking over head, you shall see the sign,
and my coming to the earth.
(Comes the new millennial birth.)
Gloria Gloria Gloria
Gloria Gloria Gloria

By Frank M. Keele

What think ye?

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

inho wrote: June 19th, 2018, 7:45 am However, the standardization will mean that there will be no other local hymns either. In current hymnals, there are usually a few songs that are in that particular language only.
Those are usually the best songs.
Often they might also be the only hymns that are familiar to investigators.
I am glad go read this in an article that appeared in www.ldschurchnews.com:
Elder Kopischke also explained that in the past, English hymns were typically selected and then translated into other languages. “We hope that these new books will also include some of the best hymns and songs originating in other languages that will then be translated into English and the other languages of the world.”
However, the hymnal will probably have a few non-English songs form many different cultures. Now hymnals have several local songs. The chances are that none of the local songs in my hymn book will be included in the new book.

e-eye2.0
captain of 100

Post by e-eye2.0 »

If the 2nd coming is as close as some of us believe it would make sense that these would be removed and a balance would be struck throughout the world.

It really appears with the coming changes of YM & YW and others, that we are moving to a more unified church worldwide. Pretty cool, if you ask me.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Fiannon wrote:
Globalization marches us onward to the NWO ideals. Hey wait, that might be a great title for a future anthem for the one-world government!
Fact is globalization is coming, just not the version the global cabal has in mind…

E-eye2.0 wrote:
If the 2nd coming is as close as some of us believe it would make sense that these would be removed and a balance would be struck throughout the world.
It really appears with the coming changes of YM & YW and others, that we are moving to a more unified church worldwide. Pretty cool, if you ask me.

Yes, very unified…
66 And it shall be called the New Jerusalem, a land of peace, a city of refuge, a place of safety for the saints of the Most High God;
67 And the glory of the Lord shall be there, and the terrorof the Lord also shall be there, insomuch that the wicked will not come unto it, and it shall be called Zion.
68 And it shall come to pass among the wicked, that every man that will not take his sword against his neighbor must needs flee unto Zion for safety.
69 And there shall be gathered unto it out of every nationunder heaven; and it shall be the only people that shall not be at war one with another.
70 And it shall be said among the wicked: Let us not go up to battle against Zion, for the inhabitants of Zion are terrible; wherefore we cannot stand.
71 And it shall come to pass that the righteous shall be gathered out from among all nations, and shall come to Zion, singing with songs of everlasting joy.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

God Save the King (Queen) is in the current US edition.
Probably ought to leave that one in. ;)

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

Since our flag doesn't mean what it used to mean, I have no problem with the church removing all patriotic hymns. If they were to remain, we'd have to change many of the words in several of the songs to endear defense contracts, the military-industrial complex and big U.S. arms and weapons manufacturers, especially since we, as a church, are invested in them in the stock market.

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

Robin Hood wrote: June 19th, 2018, 1:55 pm God Save the King (Queen) is in the current US edition.
Probably ought to leave that one in. ;)
The current English Language edition is just that an English language edition and is used across the English speaking world. It is not a US edition. The problem is that the patriotic hymns with the exception of God Save the Queen are the only non-US patriotic hymn in the whole book so you can be excused for believing it is a US edition.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it" is a phrase which springs readily to mind.
Can't help thinking there has to be higher priorities requiring such an effort.

The fact that Tongan saints might sing different hymns to ones I sing, ("sing" is a bit of a stretch to be fair) is, quite frankly, neither here nor there.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Fiannan wrote: June 19th, 2018, 1:16 am Globalization marches us onward to the NWO ideals. Hey wait, that might be a great title for a future anthem for the one-world government!
It’s becoming more obvious that the intent, as admitted is to establish a global government by squelching patriotism, distorting family values and using religion as mind control. Their goal is essentialy a giant cult/government. The way to avoid it is being aware of and preventing any and all attempts to steal our free agency.

“To achieve world government, it is necessary to remove from the minds of men, their individualism, loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogmas.”
—G. Brock Chisholm, co-founder of the World Federation for Mental Health, former director of UN World Health Organization

“One of the least understood strategies of the world revolution now moving rapidly toward its goal is the use of mind control as a major means of obtaining the consent of the people who will be subjects of the New World Order.”
–K.M. Heaton, National Educator

Walter Cronkite:
“It seems to many of us that if we are to avoid the eventual catastrophic world conflict we must strengthen the United Nations as a first step toward a world government patterned after our own government with a legislature, executive and judiciary, and police to enforce its international laws and keep the peace," he said. "To do that, of course, we Americans will have to yield up some of our sovereignty. That would be a bitter pill. It would take a lot of courage, a lot of faith in the new order. Pat Robertson has written in a book a few years ago that we should have a world government, but only when the Messiah arrives. He wrote, literally, any attempt to achieve world order before that time must be the work of the devil. Well, join me. I'm glad to sit here at the right hand of Satan.”

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

(From other thread:)
Maybe: There is implication that powers that be seek to take advantage of blind obedience to leaders, and to try to control people at the deepest level...

“In his revealing book, Out of Control, distributed privately among the elite of the Bilderbergers, Council on Foreign Relations, Trilateral Commission and other groups, Zbigniew Brzezinski, Rockefeller operative and former National Security Advisor to President Jimmy Carter, declared that the New World Order cannot be built on a foundation of politics and economics alone. To truly establish ironclad global control over all peoples and nations, Brzezinski explained that the elite must also use the religious element.

Likewise, at his State of the World Forum in San Francisco, former Soviet President, Mikhail Gorbachev, advocated the setting up of a United Nations of Religions organization. Indeed, the establishment of just such an antichrist, global religious order was the goal of the hundreds of Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu, African Tribalist, and other religious leaders who met a few years ago in Chicago for the World's Parliament of Religions.

Since the end of World War II, the Illuminati have recognized that if their cherished aim of total dictatorial lordship over mankind is to be realized, the spiritual need in man must be channeled and directed. It is not enough to control a man's body and to micro-manage his social and economic environments. Nor is it sufficient to be able to brainwash and hypnotize men's minds. The very souls of men must be molded like some type of psychic clay.

Astonishingly, the Holy Bible prophesied this very thing: That, in the last day, Satan's wicked empire, Mystery, Babylon the Great, would carry on trade and commerce across the globe. All manner of merchandise will be traded and sold, including the "souls of men!" (Revelation 18:13)

Zbigniew Brzezinski, former National Security Advisor and Trilateral Commision insider, advised his Illuminati superiors that the New World Order can be established only be employing religion as a key weapon of global influence.

C. I. Scofield, the corrupt lawyer whose "Scofield Bible" became an international "Christian classic," was paid handsomely by wealthy New York Jews for his service to the Illuminati. Thanks to the Scofield Bible, generations of Christians have been trained up and indoctrinated as unholy Judaizers and Zionists.” http://www.texemarrs.com/012005/illumin ... infamy.htm

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

“To achieve world government, it is necessary to remove from the minds of men, their individualism, loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogmas.”
—G. Brock Chisholm, co-founder of the World Federation for Mental Health, former director of UN World Health Organization
NWO people think what they are doing is good. If they can destroy patriotism, religion and family loyalty it will reduce population growth and eventually the herd can be thinned to manageable levels.
“One of the least understood strategies of the world revolution now moving rapidly toward its goal is the use of mind control as a major means of obtaining the consent of the people who will be subjects of the New World Order.”
If people understood Freud and Skinner they would be immune. That is why both are ignored.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Fiannan wrote: June 20th, 2018, 11:20 am
NWO people think what they are doing is good. If they can destroy patriotism, religion and family loyalty it will reduce population growth and eventually the herd can be thinned to manageable levels.
If people understood Freud and Skinner they would be immune. That is why both are ignored.

Interesting quote.
I’ve taught in public schools and I will say that I respect most teachers a lot. It isn’t easy to teach and ensure appropriate behavior to about 30 kids - some of which misbehave demanding attention, which distracts from the education of the others. Most of what is taught is fine & the strict cookie-cutter expectation to sit and be quiet is not so much to make everyone blindly obeying as much as to keep order and help everyone learn. Ideally, class sizes were smaller and with more and better equipped teachers to encourage the natural curiosity and desire for hands-on, explorative learning. It could be education could achieve much better if it were a higher priority of those in charge - and maybe that was your point.

I will say that history books & curriculum are extremely biased & often paint incorrect views of several cultures in attempts to praise America & deceptive Zionist ideologies. This seems to happen at all grade levels. The homosexual bs tends to be taught in the upper grades - like AP and concurrent enrollment (college) psychology texts.

What you suggested about Freud and Skinner and intrapersonal (self-aware) intelligence and psychological awareness, cannot be emphasized enough!! Members need to educate themselves about psychological tactics. This is why I keep repeating about cognitive distortions (& logical fallacies). viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21159&p=256839&hili ... ng#p256839

This battle that is becoming more and more critical is a lot psychological. There is this evil lie some in the church believe, that one should avoid psych-ology and only focus on scripture, but it is through understanding our minds and the minds of scripture authors that we can better understand deep symbolic scriptures that can help us through this convoluted time.

Jesus taught, “The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold,
the kingdom of God is within you.”

Jesus taught the obvious - that you feel the spirit & connect with God within, but others want you to believe it’s some external source, so you’ll keep looking externally for that which can only be found internally.

Michaelangelo seemed to understand that, and also studied anatomy and physiology of which he based his art. Notice how God is represented as encompassed by the shape of a human brain.

Regarding the new world order meaning well - they think they are considering the big picture, and they are - in physical, materialistic terms, but not in spiritual terms. They fear they or their posterity would have to go without comforts. They expect the worst from humanity rather than the best. And they’re trying to play God and the adversary by trying to control human life. They think they know what is best for all (which includes drastic depopulation) when they are ignor-ant of the purpose of life - to learn by trial and error, active faith. They don’t trust in God - they trust in themselves.

We need to educate ourselves psychologically since that is the adversary’s main weapon. And along with that we need to think, study and pray continually to keep the spirit and know what we need to think, say and do.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

What you suggested about Freud and Skinner and intrapersonal (self-aware) intelligence and psychological awareness, cannot be emphasized enough!! Members need to educate themselves about psychological tactics. This is why I keep repeating about cognitive distortions (& logical fallacies). viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21159&p=256839&hili ... ng#p256839

This battle that is becoming more and more critical is a lot psychological. There is this evil lie some in the church believe, that one should avoid psych-ology and only focus on scripture, but it is through understanding our minds and the minds of scripture authors that we can better understand deep symbolic scriptures that can help us through this convoluted time.
I know. I have been chastised by people on this forum for dealing heavily with psychology. They say to ignore psychology and pay attention to scripture. Yet that would be akin to being on a battlefield and the enemy dropping leaflets urging you to ignore the tanks they will be sending towards you later.

At this moment there are people well-versed in psychology who are using their knowledge to manipulate the masses. The ones who work for the NWO think they are doing mankind a service by destroying the family. They hope to usher in a utopian Brave New World with a heavily reduced population and the children who are born only coming from the best stock. They don't want to kill people off, that is not the ideal of the Luciferians, but rather to get people to destroy themselves - thus all the sin will be upon them.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

It is interesting which national anthems are in there and which aren't. The Star Spangled Banner is in there and God Save the Queen, but you won't find O Canada, Advance Australia Fair or God Defend New Zealand in there. You won't find the national anthems of Scotland, Wales or Ireland in there (although the last two are not in English), and you won't find Jerusalem, which is a much better English national anthem than God Save the Queen.